Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

anime was right posted:

planned parenthood would probably not exist if healthcare was made free so a ton of salaries for really upper crust people depend entirely on having a broken insurance system that doesnt pay for reproductive healthcare

:ssh: Planned Parenthood of Colorado was one of the strongest opponents of the state's single-payer referendum a few years ago. (Dem pols like hickenlooper & bennet were also opposed.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

:ssh: Planned Parenthood of Colorado was one of the strongest opponents of the state's single-payer referendum a few years ago. (Dem pols like hickenlooper & bennet were also opposed.)

yea lol they went gungho after bernie for that very reason which is why i brought it up

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
Planned Parenthood spayed and neutered me for free last year, so who’s to say if they’re all bad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Radirot posted:

gonna be awkward picketing there

lol

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Philippine Finance Chief:

Inflation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS7ifk26tJc&t=5s

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/lucperkins/status/1642944353646657561?s=20

God I hate liberals. GET A BRAIN! MORANS!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Radirot posted:

that's basically all non profits.

:yeah:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Radirot posted:

lol

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Radirot posted:

that's basically all non profits.
All non profits suck rear end, and there's no such thing anyway. Non-profits exist to be a lucrative daycare for failchildren, tax purposes, and PR washing. They take advantage of people's altruism to the extend that they are even more effective at stealing surplus labor value than for-profits.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Danann posted:

unsurprising that reddit has is populated by petty bourgeois and bourgeosis proletarians who think all this hate is being driven by greed, resentment, and gullibility

Call it tinfoil hat if you must but I'm convinced those are bots run by the industry.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

skooma512 posted:

Gather ye cheeseburgs while ye may

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

the what corporation?

https://twitter.com/HowardHughesCo/status/1643254833506394112

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

cat botherer posted:

All non profits suck rear end, and there's no such thing anyway. Non-profits exist to be a lucrative daycare for failchildren, tax purposes, and PR washing. They take advantage of people's altruism to the extend that they are even more effective at stealing surplus labor value than for-profits.

They also suck government funding out of government programs.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Willa Rogers posted:

Tell your lib friends & family to stop donating to PP.

all my lib relatives think unions are mean bullies because they knew someone who got yelled at explicitly for scabbing during a labor dispute in 1971, or whatever stupid poo poo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Hues Corporation, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSP_Jqn5eUM

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

From Reddit

shrike82 has issued a correction as of 02:40 on Apr 5, 2023

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

first they’re going to get sued.

second lol they’re gonna gently caress up a
CRM for claims something fierce. and lol only 75 an hour for experienced claims folks.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Noblesse Obliged posted:

only thing democrats will be doing about this is reminding us that sex work is work.

jesu cristo

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bar Ran Dun posted:

first they’re going to get sued.

second lol they’re gonna gently caress up a
CRM for claims something fierce. and lol only 75 an hour for experienced claims folks.

Your honour we claim a Photoshop smear campaign.

"Case dismissed" (slams gavel)

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Nonsense posted:

lol i will never own a home

No one is getting a mortgage under 6% for at least the next couple of years, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's more like the next 5+ years without a real big-rear end recession spooking everyone again.

It's going to be long enough to find out if there's actually a big group of buyers out there who were really betting on a low rate refi in the extreme short term.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

When my two favorite threads collide

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1643422747320803330

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We just got a notice that our city has reassessed our property value. We went from $70,000 in 2023 to $89,000 in 2023. Now house is not worth this much and now we have to pay over $2000 in property taxes lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

you can just look at whether a self-peoclaimed progressive organization didn't endorse bernie to get a 100% accurate reading of if they're con artists whose job it is to maintain the status quo they claim they're fighting against

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

you can just look at whether a self-peoclaimed progressive organization didn't endorse bernie to get a 100% accurate reading of if they're con artists whose job it is to maintain the status quo they claim they're fighting against

To be fair, Bernie's a con artist too (see him laundering proceeds to Brandon).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Bit of a doom econ/ICW crossover brought to you by GasBuddy.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

Call it tinfoil hat if you must but I'm convinced those are bots run by the industry.

The PR firms who do social media astroturfing as part of the standard reputation management service package would be leaving money on the table if they haven't replaced a bunch of their writers with computer-generated text, yeah

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

more and more people discovering capitalism, many such people. SAD!

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

lil poopendorfer posted:

Planned Parenthood spayed and neutered me for free last year, so who’s to say if they’re all bad

Something doesn't add up...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Radirot posted:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The only good non profit is Ikea because it openly revels in the absurdity of that status

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

Tell your lib friends & family to stop donating to PP.

Fiscal conservatism strikes again!

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Danann posted:

unsurprising that reddit has is populated by petty bourgeois and bourgeosis proletarians who think all this hate is being driven by greed, resentment, and gullibility

thankfully, the SomethingAwful forums have always been a bastion of the working class

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

the beatings will continue until inflation improves

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

first i'm learning of this

gently caress

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Pain incoming

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

err posted:

Pain incoming

"There will be pain."

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1643354975198666759

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
That true? I mean they deffo need insulin, and it's something that will need consistent production. I figure if they don't nip that in the bud or co-opt it (defeating the point of having the state produce it for cheaper if they raise rates to extract profit) then that probably won't be good for pharma companies.

I mean eventually patents have to either be made permanent or a large enough library of drugs becomes available that countries who don't want to play ball can just work with China to create production at home right?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hubbert posted:

thankfully, the SomethingAwful forums have always been a bastion of the working class

Me posting on SA, lounging back in a boutique ergonomic chair, wearing my designer clothes, in an a climate controlled environment, idly wandering what meal or liquor I will next consume.

"You know what I think I really resonate with those working class labourer poor people over there."

"Talk to them in person? Ewww no lol"

"What do you mean I have to turn and face the wall? But I was with you all along! I even posted on SA!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
There is a whole subset of fashion which is just expensive designer clothing that imitates the look of poor people. Nothing new, never understood it but it's there.

I assume the buyers titter French noble-ishly over their crystal champagne flutes between going to expensive "ironic" dive bars that serve only the well to do.