Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Tell me what you named your starter or I'll probate you

El Jefe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
who is that poll new or is this page just short

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Very good, thank you.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i put my starter in a box

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

i put my starter in a box

Why…

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Keeping a starter going is worth it if you make sourdough frequently.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

there were other fire types i wanted to try and i didn't wanna have type redundancy. though clodsire and glimmora were so good i broke my own rule

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Escobarbarian posted:

why do people post things like this

It works really well with the AAA slop, why not for blockbuster films

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'm simply smarter than every critic

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

but are you smarter than The Critic

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If the critics are so smart why don’t they make a Mario animated movie?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

he specifically said

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Why aren't more vr games just the headset with a standard gaming controller

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Shinjobi posted:

because the idea is that you are physically interacting with the space with your own limbs. It doesn't work well, but that's the idea. If they switched to regular controllers they'd be admitting that the dream of VR isn't happening.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They already tried that, with the virtual boy. And it rocked

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

there's plenty but its not really that simple. like for a shooter how do you aim, the right stick can't really work the way it does in a regular video game. usually what happens is gaze aiming where you shoot wherever you're looking, and it sucks rear end. easier to just use a hand controller and actually aim a gun at things, even if you're sitting down

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

vr games aren't, exactly video games, is the real secret. they're a different thing that just happen to have a lot of overlap, but lots of video game concepts just, aren't relevant to vr

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

flight games and racing games and similar stuff remains the best use case for VR imo. you control the vehicle with your controller or joystick or wheel and the VR lets you look around in all directions

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm using tilt controls!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

I'm using tilt controls!
-me. unironically every time i use the steam deck

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Looper posted:

I'm using tilt controls!

gettng tilted

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest tonight.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Finished Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest tonight.

I would like your thoughts on the story

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’d be interested in gameplay thoughts myself, it’s a hell of a ride on your first run but a lot of people have become lukewarm on it because it has no chill wrt enemy skill setups and annoying gimmicks (myself included).

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

raditts posted:

The entire Shantae series feels a lot like someone at Wayforward's fetish fantasy brought to life.

ChickenHeart posted:

Wayforward knows exactly what gets them unit sales.

it's chained up giantess mermaids

Macaluso posted:

I mean the games are good, they're just also horny
Thing is, I don't recall the first two Shantae games being horny, but I guess they had more primitive graphics and a simpler art style. By the time of the third game on 3DS it was quite a surprise seeing the character portraits, basically every character has a giant forehead and a giant chest is just popping out there in full stereoscopic 3D. Haven't bothered with the latest Shantae so I don't know what it gets up to.

Gripweed posted:

I feel like that many critics not liking this kind of big budget family movie is a pretty bad sign

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1643337439073673219?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a corporate kids movie based on a game series that famously does not usually have a lot in terms of narrative to work with. "Pretty Decent" is about as much as you'd expect.
The people have spoken

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 5, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

nice

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The first Sonic movie was a lot of fun :shobon:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

both of the sonic movies were very good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Love Knuckles

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Propaganda Hour posted:

The first Sonic movie was a lot of fun :shobon:

check out the second!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

I’d be interested in gameplay thoughts myself, it’s a hell of a ride on your first run but a lot of people have become lukewarm on it because it has no chill wrt enemy skill setups and annoying gimmicks (myself included).

Conquest didn’t change too much from the other Fates story I played, Birthright. I mean the missions are totally different, but the objectives stay the same. The difficulty though felt like it got much tougher half way through, compared to Birthright, which was easy to breeze through. Corrin in Birthright can just kinda breeze through all of the content, but in Conquest there are enemies and bosses that will wreck them. So planning and thought was a lot more important. I fell into the trap of thinking “ooh this mission just wants me to seize this location, or kill this one boss, easy!” But the path there was always blocked off at multiple points with difficult enemies.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Looper posted:

check out the second!

I don't watch a lot of movies! I just saw Everything, Everywhere, All at Once last Thursday.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That sounds like a lot of movies to watch in one day to me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VostokProgram posted:

both of the sonic movies were very good

I liked the first movie a lot more. The sequel felt like it had a lot of padding to lengthen the film, but Knuckles and Tails were great additions.

Just really want the Mario movie to do well so we get a Zelda, and Metroid movie at some point. If Mario bombs then Nintendo will probably just scrap their whole movie idea thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's probably gonna do well, Illumination is really good at getting mass market appeal. Also I think they tend to keep their budgets pretty low.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching the Mario trailers, I felt like a lot more creativity and risk could have gone into the film. But like you said, mass appeal. What is there will get people excited and into movie seats. Movie goers want easy to digest images. This is why Avatar 2 did so well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Creativity and risk are also not things Illumination does a lot. Safe, cheap, and profitable.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sing 1+2 are a lot of fun, can always manage to get my Nephew to settle down when I pop it on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m6G9_ZTPuo

Soundtrack is top tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGniZ74u4xQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAvePjBhaFA

Sing 2 is a bit weaker overall, but that's probably cause I think Bono is a massive wanker

If nothing else SMB will be a great film from an animation perspective, cause Illumination do good poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it's extremely funny that Taron Egerton has sung two different covers of I'm Still Standing in two different movies. Shoulda found a way to shove it into Tetris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I believe he became a front runner for Elton John when they were casting Rocketman off the back of how good his rendition of I'm Still Standing was in Sing.

Dude has some pipes on him, and I'm always glad to see his name pop up
Hell all the actors on Sing put in work