Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Reynal not giving straight answers and the judge interjecting by demanding a yes or no, or just answering for the record for him is amazing.

Edit: "no, I don't think I need to know what was produced in discovery [as lead counsel]" is a hell of an answer :psyduck: especially when you're citing to that record in a brief you signed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm gobsmacked that an attorney just said they don't think they need to know what their client had produced in discovery.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
holy poo poo this is the funniest loving thing!
"should an attorney know what's in discovery?"
"they should...endeavor...to know...the basics of what's.."
"ok this is what you said to the judge to this same question: 'yes'"

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
And we're back! Haven't heard these three people interact with one another in a long time.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Clearly he expected the other lawyers he keeps referring to would do it for him.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I can't get over how badly Reynal is trying disclaim his own responsibility for the case. It's his loving motion, he's the counsel of record, this is a clownshow by the lead clown of the Alex Jones Bigtop Circus.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
They keep saying "oh we turned over so many pages!!!" and even if that's true I don't see how any actual lawyer thinks that would be persuasive that you cooperated with discovery, I can see how someone as dumb as Alex would say that but surely actual lawyers know that you have to actually, you know, turn over the documents that are asked for, there's not some exchange rate where you can turn over a million pages of other poo poo and it equals 100 pages of relevant documents and then you go see how much we turned over!! we cooperated!

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 5, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh God please tell me this will be available to watch later, this thread and the Twitter posts makes this sound ~*~loving MAGICAL~*~

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i'm mad i have to go to work. this is hilarious.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Randalor posted:

Oh God please tell me this will be available to watch later, this thread and the Twitter posts makes this sound ~*~loving MAGICAL~*~

Maybe! I'm not sure if Law & Crime is filming again. It's been good. Reynal is squirming and everyone is just over his poo poo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

Maybe! I'm not sure if Law & Crime is filming again. It's been good. Reynal is squirming and everyone is just over his poo poo.

I super hope so, at work with pretty restricted internet and I can't access any of that.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
God this is funny and entertaining. Reynal is so dumb. Just so so dumb

I get why Alex picked him

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Reynal looks as bad as I think, right? Because he seems to be saying absolute nonsense.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Reminder that Reynal is a former federal prosecutor and is getting $800/hr paid for by the bankruptcy estate.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Digital Jedi posted:

God this is funny and entertaining. Reynal is so dumb. Just so so dumb

I get why Alex picked him

Alex didn't pick anyone at this point. It's like his tenth lawyer. No one wants to be counsel on his cases because he's insane, and being counsel means you are directly involved as he lies and commits crimes or sanctionable actions.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mr. Nice! posted:

Reminder that Reynal is a former federal prosecutor and is getting $800/hr paid for by the bankruptcy estate.
yeah, bankston explicitly accuses reynal of sleepwalking through a no-win case for the pay and, i the process, wasting the court's time out of sheer apathy. and..., i'd agree

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

That's absolutely the case Bankston is trying to make. Either Reynal is incompetent in the work he's doing directly, or he's violating ethics by bilking the estate for shoddy work he signs without proper oversight. The more Reynal twists on the stand the worse it looks for him. The choice is lazy and dishonest or incompetent and dishonest.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is his counsel doing the same thing?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
I know that it's never going to happen because like doctors the bar basically never strips a license, but either of these would be ground for possible losing the ability to practice wouldn't it?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

WE GOT A HILLARY CLINTON!!

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

WE GOT A HILLARY CLINTON!!

Yikes a roo

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I had to tune out for work, what was the context cause :laffo:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
I like that you can hear the contempt for reynal in bankstons voice.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Fifteen of Many posted:

https://twitter.com/MoString/status/1643646096621678596

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Fifteen of Many posted:

Hillary Clinton spread the sandy hook conspiracy more than AJ because she "ran national attack ads on Alex that included references to the hoax"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
doesn't jones claim to be worldwide or "ten percent of the english speaking world"?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

What the gently caress you couldn't call your client?!?!??!?!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

UCS Hellmaker posted:

I know that it's never going to happen because like doctors the bar basically never strips a license, but either of these would be ground for possible losing the ability to practice wouldn't it?
It ought to be, but the two fast tracks to disbarment is commingling client funds with your own, or commingling client bodily fluids with your own. Incompetence, especially if it harms your client sometimes does, but not as often as it should.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Fifteen of Many posted:

That Hillary is a bigger purveyor of the sandy hook hoax than Alex because she brought Alexs sandy hook coverage up during the campaign.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
God, I wish we could see his dumb loving facre rn

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I love this judge so much. "[The motion] was so, so sloppy and just a waste of my time."

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
"I'm sorry, did you just say 'I did not review the record'?"

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
"I'm sorry, did you just say you did not review the record?"
-da judge

5er
Jun 1, 2000

"Your honor, you see, when someone points out to somebody else that my client is a pathological liar, it is THEY that are the baddies for signal-boosting my client's pathological lies. Therefore innocent."

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

It's really cool how Reynal can't remember anything except when he wants to "recollect" poo poo that never happened.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Lol outright lying that Bankston was giving interviews before the verdict was in.

Holy crap the judge is talking to him like he is a toddler

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 5, 2023

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i love the constant "and how do you define that word?"
"YOU used the word!!"

like jones all over again

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

"Yes, it's the teacher's fault I didn't do my homework."

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
"Remember, I had access to that hard drive for a little while, too."

Twist. That. Knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Oooof not knowing who you are referring to in a motion you submitted is not great. Judge didn't sound happy there at all