Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

A lot of good info, guides, setups can be found on the Blue Academy discord
https://discord.gg/blueacademy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Awesome OClock posted:

Recently started messing with blue mage. Is anyone aware of decent communities for blu?

https://discord.gg/blueacademy

I don’t really know about the community itself, but they’ve got a lot of handy resources

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

bobtheconqueror posted:

Yeah this, along with the lack of aoe, is probably the biggest thing that slows them down.
Trust NPCs do use aoe in EW dungeons. Here's the damage meter from a trash pack in the 85 dungeon:

In EW dungeons with me afking through trash, I'd get to the final boss of the dungeon in 20-23 minutes from what I remember. It's a pretty good system for leveling DPS jobs now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Will i get anything if i add the free stormblood to my account even tho i went free trial+endwalker so i already got it? Im on ps5 and its letting me add it to my psn due to it being free at the moment but its not clear if id get any bonus items or something?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

As someone who suffered for The Seventh Dawn title, I would swear the EW trusts are faster than the Shadowbringer ones.

iPodschun posted:

Trust NPCs do use aoe in EW dungeons. Here's the damage meter from a trash pack in the 85 dungeon:

In EW dungeons with me afking through trash, I'd get to the final boss of the dungeon in 20-23 minutes from what I remember. It's a pretty good system for leveling DPS jobs now.

I knew EW trusts felt faster than Shb!!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It's pretty funny that Urianger is the highest-DPS trust by a large margin

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

he casts Death every once in a while which is cool to see until he continuously drops it on like, <25% HP enemies

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Endwalker spoilers: I've reached Ultima Thule and just watched Estinien sacrifice himself to open a way. Oh I don't like where this is headed at all :ohdear:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
haha gravity go vooooommmf

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Okay hear me out here:

Wall-mounted orchestrion.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

:swoon:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Rap Game Goku posted:

Why is shipping so much? I'd be all for some of this, but not spending the same amount again just to have it shipped.

IIRC they are shipped from Japan and costs went up in the last few months and years. Yeah, I like the mug but not that much :sigh:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Awesome OClock posted:

Recently started messing with blue mage. Is anyone aware of decent communities for blu?

Third Party Tools has been running a BLU group (blus cruise) on fridays if you are interested.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Feldegast42 posted:

Third Party Tools has been running a BLU group (blus cruise) on fridays if you are interested.

poo poo I didn't know this. Guess now's as good a time as any

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Kerrzhe posted:

what equipment, like weapons?

Sword clips through the front a bit as well.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

It's pretty funny that Urianger is the highest-DPS trust by a large margin

i think he's the only one that casts AOEs, he will also give you astro cards which helps even more. he is the best.

Ojjeorago posted:

Sword clips through the front a bit as well.

ahh i see. i would just use it for warrior which probably isn't as bad.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

FuturePastNow posted:

I wall pull the trusts on Warrior and I've never had them die to enemy AoEs. You just have to get good aggro on every enemy (which usually means doing a couple AoEs on them) before running on to the next set because if you miss one, the trusts will just stand there and fight it. Once combat begins, they follow the enemies, not you.

I see them die to wall pulls frequently, but it's specific ones. The 2nd pull in holminster, the first pull after the 1st boss of dohn meg. And those are both fatal for the same reason; too many aoe attacks going off at once. When targetted with an AoE, a trust party member will move out of it. If they get targetted by a 2nd aoe during the period where they are moving out of the aoe and then standing around waiting for it to resolve, they will not dodge out of the new aoe or aoe's. On those 2 pulls, there's tons of line aoe's and it's a coinflip on either of those pulls if someone will eat poo poo due to multiple stacked aoe's.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the healer will also stop healing while they are waiting for the aoe to go off. the last pull in dead ends will get the tank killed most of the time if you pull all of the big tree guys, cause it's just one aoe cone after the other. and urianger is just standing there. :downs:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kerrzhe posted:

the healer will also stop healing while they are waiting for the aoe to go off. the last pull in dead ends will get the tank killed most of the time if you pull all of the big tree guys, cause it's just one aoe cone after the other. and urianger is just standing there. :downs:

"Maybe use thine mitigations"

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

uriangers adjust

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Electric Phantasm posted:

"Maybe use thine mitigations"

Mayhap utilize :eng101:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

My house is full of Namazu and Loporrits now (there's another Namazu off screen)

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

orcane posted:

Trusts are glacial but sometimes, so are players. I already dislike how bloated enemy health pools in EW and ShB leveling dungeons feel, running them with trust AI just makes bosses take forever :tootzzz:

At least you can afk the trash, though.

Yeah iirc they calibrate them to try and have them be no longer than 30 minutes, so the Trust npcs get damage buffs as time goes on. They're really not bad by any means, but it can certainly feel slow.

Also will agree with other posters that Urianger is the best, which makes Alphinaud being a bad healer all the worse.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

For DPS at least it's usually not particularly slower than queueing+doing the dungeon, but you ARE pressing buttons for an additional ten minutes which isn't nothing. At least for me (constantly hovering on the edge of having Video Games Hands Disease.)

And yeah Urianger is just better than Alphinaud in all aspects. I haven't ever really gotten to use G'raha as a healer but he's good at the other two things, I imagine he's better too.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Draxion posted:

For DPS at least it's usually not particularly slower than queueing+doing the dungeon, but you ARE pressing buttons for an additional ten minutes which isn't nothing. At least for me (constantly hovering on the edge of having Video Games Hands Disease.)

And yeah Urianger is just better than Alphinaud in all aspects. I haven't ever really gotten to use G'raha as a healer but he's good at the other two things, I imagine he's better too.

G'raha as a healer basically prioritises the player no matter how injured they are. If you're missing any health he will top you up.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Lord_Magmar posted:

G'raha as a healer basically prioritises the player no matter how injured they are. If you're missing any health he will top you up.

Like a good healer

E: I'm kidding, I'm just kidding

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lord_Magmar posted:

I love him so much

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I prefer to FATE grind from 70-90 because bicolor gem prizes are still worth mad gil on the MB.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

super sweet best pal posted:

I prefer to FATE grind from 70-90 because bicolor gem prizes are still worth mad gil on the MB.

What's good for this? Hitting the cap on gems killed my will to grind areas to level 3.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

super sweet best pal posted:

That's my plan once I get gnomes to Bloodsworn for the emote and get current with Panda! Not for the gil even, those are just some really cool items

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I was messing around with tank glams and accidentally created Halone and Menphina's very tiny daughter

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

alright well that IS better than Alphinaud

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

kardia is sage's one thing, what are you even doing alphinaud

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I seem to recall we get to play as him after he becomes a Sage and he literally doesn't know it. Do your job quests Alph!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Emet-Selch saying the quiet part out loud.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
https://twitter.com/ottermochi/status/1643833094258974721?t=3lMMBVdVjtPWGyfENzOtmw&s=19

Awesome OClock
May 24, 2013

A steaming pile of awesome... Covered in syrup.

Feldegast42 posted:

Yes, actually. I'm in pbc, not sure if you've got something on the discord.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Alphinaud comforts you when no one else will.

https://twitter.com/trustinsighters/status/1614259627767521281?t=OxqICPckTyu4OomKj0I_SA&s=19

Dareon posted:

Emet-Selch saying the quiet part out loud.

ShB has some great villain development. A long way from the mysterious hooded figures of ARR. The Ascians actually believe this, and I don't think our hero or friends give enough pushback on this particular point. Like how can you?

They try serious talks with the cast but never get past this bit. For all the efforts to humanize them they can't see eye-to-eye on "we are alive by our standards, we like it, and we have a right to it".

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's good for this? Hitting the cap on gems killed my will to grind areas to level 3.

Mainly the orchestrion rolls. The grind is long enough you don't see much competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

ShB has some great villain development. A long way from the mysterious hooded figures of ARR. The Ascians actually believe this, and I don't think our hero or friends give enough pushback on this particular point. Like how can you?

They try serious talks with the cast but never get past this bit. For all the efforts to humanize them they can't see eye-to-eye on "we are alive by our standards, we like it, and we have a right to it".

And the best part is that as you get to the final confrontation it becomes more and more clear that he's just lying to himself.