Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Posthumously awarded championship to the one true deserving driver, Tim-O-Glock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

Not empty quoting.

I wonder if there’d be any satisfaction over “winning” 15 years later.

Well his president and football team didn't win so...

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Okay, so Massa sues and gets the 2008 Singapore GP expunged from the season.

Lewis gets busted down to 6 WDCs.

Merc/Lewis then sue to throw out the last lap of the 2021 Abu Dhabi GP.

Lewis back to 7 WDCs.

Then Merc sues again over RBR's cost cap violations in 2022.

Lewis breaks Schumacher's WDC record in the dumbest way possible.

I’m in, where do I sign up?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Thanks Ants posted:

It’s funny because Massa might have a point if Piquet had crashed into him but that crash only put into action a series of events that resulted in Ferrari loving up a pit stop and setting Massa on fire.

i have that race on in the background now and it's funny because the hosed up pit stop is massa gunning it out of the pit while the fuel hose was still attached. that's the passione i love to see

e: they also released him directly into the path of another car and it was before the fuel guy was even trying to disconnect the hose, lmao

here's a vid if anyone else enjoys things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMKguL2yDCY

the milk machine fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 5, 2023

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

What's fun is that whole fiasco caused Ferrari to abandon the light system and go back to using the lollipop for pit stops. But then a few years later everyone was using a light system.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
teams should be able to choose whatever tires they want for the race, why does Pirelli get to pick 3.

gently caress that, you still only get X sets of tires, but you think the super softs are the way to go, go hog wild.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

teams should be able to choose whatever tires they want for the race, why does Pirelli get to pick 3.

gently caress that, you still only get X sets of tires, but you think the super softs are the way to go, go hog wild.

Go the way of the junior formulas and do away with intermediate tyres, makes the strategy calls in changeable conditions way more impactful.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

Thanks Ants posted:

Well his president and football team didn't win so...

Don’t tell me Massa is a Bolsonaro supporter?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/MassaFelipe19/status/1056696305735688192?s=20

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
olivier panis has strong energy

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Lewis back to 7 WDCs.

If Merc got the 2022 results overturned, why would they give the WDC to the driver who came in *checks notes* 6th place? The WDC would go to Charles and Lewis would still have not won a race since Brazil 21.

Pirelli are poo poo and keep complaining that they can't make enough tires for everyone even though they could afford to do this if they focused on just 3 tire compounds

We all know the real way to fix F1 and it's to do what WEC does and implement EoT and BoP rules.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Well, that’s ruined my whole day.

E: Actually one bright point is that my main problem with Alonso is/was how he Did My Boy Felipe Dirty at Ferrari, with that out the way I’m basically all-in for the Krackheads

PatentPending fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 5, 2023

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

If Merc got the 2022 results overturned, why would they give the WDC to the driver who came in *checks notes* 6th place? The WDC would go to Charles and Lewis would still have not won a race since Brazil 21.

I believe you will recall Sir Lewis won Saudi Arabia, as summarized in his post race comment “I won.”

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

lewis should be arrested and charged with attempted murder for the silverstone crash

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

Pirelli are poo poo and keep complaining that they can't make enough tires for everyone

lmao imagine having the money to bribe the right people to get the exclusive rights to supply tires for F1 and saying this with a straight face

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

lewis should be arrested and charged with attempted murder for the silverstone crash

well so should max for monza

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

max should be charged and arrested for being dutch in public

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

lmao imagine having the money to bribe the right people to get the exclusive rights to supply tires for F1 and saying this with a straight face

They don't need to bribe anyone. No other manufacturers want to make F1 tires because of the FIA's stupid rules about tire degradation. Pirelli barely wants to do it.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

Not empty quoting.

I wonder if there’d be any satisfaction over “winning” 15 years later.

#essereferrari

Forza Ferrari

ALL GLORY TO THE SCUDERIA!!!!!!!

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

MustardFacial posted:

Yeah, my bad. Bleary-eyed morning posting and just leaning into the crazy what-if scenario. Lewis would remain a 7-time WDC, and Leclerc would join the club.

Obviously, none of this has any chance at happening, but it's nice to imagine a world where Max isn't a champion yet.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

F1 needs to bring back Michelin

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

TheBacon posted:

I love how you can always count on some things never changing. Step away from the thread for 6 months and come back to khablam still crocodile tearing for child abuse.

I step away from the thread for 8 years and I come back to Big Lamp, RB supremacy, Alonso 3rd, Bernie is an rear end in a top hat and Massa talk. I guess nothing happened in the last 8 years.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Lewis back to 7 WDCs.

I think this last line is an unfortunate way of interpreting the hypothetical scenario you sketched out.

Let me propose a better one: Multiple drivers and teams engage legal systems to right historic wrongs and punish serial offenders. In a world violently backsliding into authoritarian kleptocracy, these motorsport litigations assert the rule of law which is the foundation of democracy and free societies themselves. Lewis is finally awarded his due as the most record breaking driver of all time in a manner which makes Sir Lewis Hamilton overtly synonymous with Freedom and Justice for all time. I think this is an entirely desirable and correct outcome and I will write my congressional representatives about your excellent idea.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Multiple drivers and teams engage legal systems to right historic wrongs and punish serial offenders. In a world violently backsliding into authoritarian kleptocracy, these motorsport litigations assert the rule of law which is the foundation of democracy and free societies themselves.

Law & Order: FIA :doink:

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
In the criminal justice system, sport based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, Sydney, and Lausanne, the dedicated detectives who investigate these disreputable allegations are members of an elite squad known as the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

These are their stories.

Law & Order: FIA CAS :doink:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've switched to a ceramic frying pan.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

tony quidtana posted:

They're great for as long as they last (not long). Teflon and similar are still the best when it comes to non-stick stuff.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tony quidtana posted:

I was thinking of doing a wholesale switch to stainless steel so I can tell people how loving stupid they are for not preheating their pans enough before putting food into it.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Whilst I do have a spun iron frying pan the bulk of my cooking is done on a set of Ciculon Non-Stick Stainless Steel Saucepans with SteelShield™

The chefs pan they do is particularly good too

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

I was thinking of doing a wholesale switch to stainless steel so I can tell people how loving stupid they are for not preheating their pans enough before putting food into it.

I was doing that and it works for most poo poo but it's too hit and miss for doing eggs, I can get the egg to not stick but youre literally heating the thing to the point where my induction pad is erroring out and then you gotta really aggressively move the egg to make sure it doesn't drop below the oil and attach to the steel before setting. I think most other stuff I'm still gonna use it but I wanted the ceramic for easy eggs

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Charles Leclerc posted:

My partner got me a full stainless set for my birthday and it owns and is funny seeing people marvel at nothing sticking.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

My partner got me a full stainless set for my birthday and it owns and is funny seeing people marvel at nothing sticking.

why would I marvel at nothing sticking, I have teflon pans

might as well marvel at the sun rising in the east

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why would I marvel at nothing sticking, I have teflon pans

might as well marvel at the sun rising in the east

If you keep cooking with teflon pans, eventually your brain will have degraded enough from the microplastics that you will marvel at the sun rising in the east

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Alaois posted:

If you keep cooking with teflon pans, eventually your brain will have degraded enough from the microplastics that you will marvel at the sun rising in the east

I watch F1, it’s already happened

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Thank you thread for reminding me that I need to start sous viding my steaks for tonight.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I have a set of 3 stainless steel pots I got from my parents when I moved out of home, I think they're close to 40 years old at this point and still going strong. I don't think they were ever particularly expensive or fancy, they're not super thick metal or anything, but they were made in Australia and I guess designed to last. Every pot or pan I've bought myself since has been a cheap piece of poo poo and lasted 2 or 3 years max before the coating is hosed or the handle falls off.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

His Ferrari crapped out and the thief got away?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/racefansdotnet/status/1643750627477004289

:thunk:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Do MotoGP weekends run with additional air fences that aren’t used for cars at the same circuit? Because if that’s the case then it’s what will stop any of those dreams happening cold.

Also there’s almost no way to find enough track time for both series and their ladder series over the course of a weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
just do like endurance racing and put a bunch of different classes on track at once. F1-3, motogp, whatever. if you give them different colored headlights it’s safe