Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Jesus that is a hosed up drill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I want a job being professional OPFOR for these drills.
You don't even have to pay me- I just missing playing in gun fights on occasion. Plus, it's always fun being "the bad guy".

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

bulletsponge13 posted:

I want a job being professional OPFOR for these drills.
You don't even have to pay me- I just missing playing in gun fights on occasion. Plus, it's always fun being "the bad guy".

I am now imagining you destroying a bunch of middle schoolers at the laser tag place in the mall.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Has Twitter finally dropped it's edgy memelord April 1st prank of having the Dogecoin emblem in the stupidest places? He's so god drat pathetic.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bird food bathtub posted:

Has Twitter finally dropped it's edgy memelord April 1st prank of having the Dogecoin emblem in the stupidest places? He's so god drat pathetic.

He did that on like April 3rd, and, no, it is very much still in place.

They had a roughly 3% conversion ratio for legacy accounts becoming paid after threatening to take away their check mark which is why they didn't actually get rid of everyone's checkmark.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Hekk posted:

I am now imagining you destroying a bunch of middle schoolers at the laser tag place in the mall.

I recently saw a meme that pitched a new Children of the Corn movie where the adult hero just massacres the children in brutal violence. "See, it's OK, because they aren't really kids, and are evil". I want to see that. I want Dave Bautista to just pour through that town, throwing children and kicking kids.

I took my little brother, a bunch of his friends, and his GF.
They all learned the value of cover, because they all ended up with bruised feet. If it peeks, I poke. His GF made a huge deal about it, and my little brother started an argument on accident with, "I told you get on his team."

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Hekk posted:

I actually ran into this once. The guy was first into the arena, hid behind the door, so it started as he tagged everyone else as they walked in one at a time. So EVERYBODY knew him and what he was doing.

My brother gathered up the kids and together they swarmed the guy constantly with the kids just button mashing. He got super pissed and complained but really no one cared. You're an adult dunking on some kid's birthday party, absolutely no one from patrons to kids to staff gives a poo poo what you think.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

bulletsponge13 posted:

I took my little brother, a bunch of his friends, and his GF.
They all learned the value of cover, because they all ended up with bruised feet. If it peeks, I poke. His GF made a huge deal about it, and my little brother started an argument on accident with, "I told you get on his team."

there's only one logical next step for your laser tagging - engineering and bringing area denial weapons on the same wavelength as laser tag equipment

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Hekk posted:

I was at a conference in grad school and we challenged the students from another school in our state to laser tag on the last night. At the laser tag arena there were these two 8 year old girls who wanted to play so they put one girl on each school's team. Being mature and respectful adults we all kinda agreed to go easy on the kids at first.

Those girls loving massacred us.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
One time my buddy and I were playing paintball and wound up on the same team as a bunch of middle schoolers.

He inspired the hell out of them with a speech and then sent them charging directly into a fortified position.

We quietly snuck around the flank as that distraction was happening.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Benagain posted:

One time my buddy and I were playing paintball and wound up on the same team as a bunch of middle schoolers.

He inspired the hell out of them with a speech and then sent them charging directly into a fortified position.

Promote

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My daughter got mad the only time she played laser tag with me because I spent the entire time solely hunting her.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

When I used to do a lot of airsoft, I would always take the team full of kids in sweatpants over the tacticool guys with 5.11's and crye stuff. Because, the tacticool guys thought they knew everything, but the kids knew they didn't know. So you could take the kids, draw out a L shaped ambush and explain it and they would just obliterate the cool guys 9 times out of 10. Fun as hell.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I played laser tag with and against a group who played competitively at the national level.

It fuckin sucked rear end. All crab walking sideways to present the least amount of detector plate possible and other hokey, gamey bullshit.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
I miss laser tag. The local mini golf and go-cart place used to have a big 3 level laser tag arena. I remember if you could make it to the top you could snipe people from a balcony. Good times.

I only did paintball once as a work teaming building thing. There were a bunch of people who kept "accidentally" setting their paintball guns to full auto. Which killed in continued interest in it because I don't want to spend a Saturday having to deal with adult children trying to enact their war fantasies.

Benagain posted:

I did something similar to this. The last game was divided between the "experienced" players holding a fort on a hill, while we "nobodies" were supposed to take a flag from it. So I devised a plan where me and the other players who had no idea what we were doing would storm up the hill as a diversion. While the decent players would strike the fort on different sides and get everyone in the crossfire. It actually worked.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Arrath posted:

I played laser tag with and against a group who played competitively at the national level.

It fuckin sucked rear end. All crab walking sideways to present the least amount of detector plate possible and other hokey, gamey bullshit.

get gud scrub that's how you tag

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Grip it and rip it posted:

get gud scrub that's how you tag

Well that's just dumb. It was a lot more fun as a bunch of 12yos just banzai charging everywhere

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Platystemon posted:

I think about this sometimes.

Couple pages back but you might be on to something!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP2EKTCngiM

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Arrath posted:

Well that's just dumb. It was a lot more fun as a bunch of 12yos just banzai charging everywhere

The enemy's gate is down, duh

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bulletsponge13 posted:

Every so often someone gets seriously hurt or killed from negligence during these type exercises. About 10 year ago, a candidate got capped by a cop during Robin Sage, the SF graduation exercise.

A social worker friend was part of a scenario for cops at the academy, playing a person in non-violent mental health distress at a library, with zero weapons or threats. Proper response was for the cadet to try to deescalate and calm her, she was surprised when one cadet drew his gun.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Arrath posted:

Needs more sensors to prevent this so easy.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

A social worker friend was part of a scenario for cops at the academy, playing a person in non-violent mental health distress at a library, with zero weapons or threats. Proper response was for the cadet to try to deescalate and calm her, she was surprised when one cadet drew his gun.

Was it her first time ever meeting a cop? I'm surprised it was only 1.

Look, I'm guilty of pointing guns at mentally ill people, but I think we can agree a little latitude between the two professions.

Truth is I remember watching the North Hollywood Shootout when I was a kid- 13- and just thinking like, "I mean, if you're gonna check out, leave a story." There is some romanticism to the idea of being a bank robber and going out in a blaze of glory. I also loved being OPFOR in the Army. It's so much fun to be the bad guy.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
.....what.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

bulletsponge13 posted:

There is some romanticism to the idea of being a bank robber and going out in a blaze of glory. I also loved being OPFOR in the Army. It's so much fun to be the bad guy.

The most fun I had in the Army was being OpFor and shooting MPs who sucked a dead dogs dick when it came to MOUT. Like pubbies, they could not look up when I was posted in a church like building and up some stairs. They also decided to assault a store from the front, where anyone inside could see them, no they did not post security. 1312, that day I shot a lot of blue.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Act like you guys didn't have juvenile action movie fantasies.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
OPFOR against the CIF was not very cash money. It was cool to have a MP5 with UTM rounds loaded up, it was terrifying to know the door was gonna blow open and dudes were gonna light my rear end up with 5.56 UTMs. The most terrifying was being in a dark rear end container setup like a building, hearing muffled footsteps and the whine of PAPRs, you know the stings are about to come but you don't know when... just shoot when you see the light from the door opening. Super glad I was attached to them so I could "train" with them, thanks dicks, just learned they were the JSOC scrimmage team.

Now OPFOR against other platoons in the 82nd back in my infantry days was dope as hell. Toss in some inter-platoon/company rivalry and an OTC just assigning kills off positioning.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm pretty sure the overpressure from too many high charge 155 missions locked me at permanently juvenile. That or breathing too much breech smoke, or that time I crashed a humvee and cracked the windshield with my head... And that's just my first enlistment!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

After I graduated police academy back in 2007 I was hired as a role player. I was given a screwdriver and put it in my rear end crack. I was told to hang out near a building and wait for the in training team to approach me and just give light verbal resistance then allow myself to be searched.
The “officer” asked me the usual questions and I was evasive then he asked me if he could search me.
“Nah dog I’m good”

… ( dude totally vapor locked ).

I then changed my mind and he searched me and missed the screwdriver.

Of course he was a nepo-baby of a local chief of police.

I stopped doing it because I was getting injured by overzealous asshats while cuffing.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bulletsponge13 posted:

Look, I'm guilty of pointing guns at mentally ill people, but I think we can agree a little latitude between the two professions.

Lol yeah, heard of another police applicant failing because during his interview he was asked what he’d do if he was called to a domestic situation involving members of his church, and “refer them to church authority” was not the answer they wanted.

Another guy from my high school was a big city cop that had a vaccine mandate so he switched to a smaller town and immediately almost died from covid, then got shot in the leg.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bulletsponge13 posted:

Back in high school my buddies and I had vague plans that in case a school shooting happened while we were working shop, we'd return fire with the pneumatic nail gun. Very, very vague plans.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Crab Dad posted:

I was given a screwdriver and put it in my rear end crack.

:lmao:

I'm sorry, continue.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Handsome Ralph posted:

:lmao:

I'm sorry, continue.

Plenty of room between my clappin’ cheeks.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

After I graduated police academy back in 2007 I was hired as a role player. I was given a screwdriver and put it in my rear end crack. I was told to hang out near a building and wait for the in training team to approach me and just give light verbal resistance then allow myself to be searched.
The “officer” asked me the usual questions and I was evasive then he asked me if he could search me.
“Nah dog I’m good”

… ( dude totally vapor locked ).

I then changed my mind and he searched me and missed the screwdriver.

Of course he was a nepo-baby of a local chief of police.

I stopped doing it because I was getting injured by overzealous asshats while cuffing.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JackMurphyRGR/status/1644048638820388864?t=Hk2dwTBe6kvcA-fuwnW3Og&s=19

Lmao holy poo poo

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Periodic reminder not to repost classified poo poo that gets posted on War Thunder forums / 4chan / reddit.

Thanks.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

lol

FrozenVent posted:

Periodic reminder not to repost classified poo poo that gets posted on War Thunder forums / 4chan / reddit.

Thanks.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The press release reads to me that it was def HRT and SMU- the guys we are supposed to trust to "train until they can't get it wrong" but this poo poo looks really bad that they bagged the wrong dude.

The mental image of a dude, stretched out after a long day, enjoying the big bed alone, just trying to unwind getting flashbanged and flex cuffed while you were considering rubbing one out in a new zip code is funny as hell.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

You got it the wrong direction a little too big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

So that's what bangbus means?

huh.