Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I was gonna post more Cathy but my Imgur uploader isn't working, so it will have to wait.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

It's really incredible how bad Jules is at villains. I don't even know who this guy is (they've had so many "tech bro" baddies), and I should be all about hating him. Like, I agree with the idea of this bad guy, but it's just so loving clunky.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Is it just me or are the third and fourth panels in this strip in the wrong order?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

it's you

"hand" is cut off as she sees the kid going for a throw, then the throw is made in the last panel as soon as she's not looking again

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Mar 22-23, 1993)

"Dark matter" is a rad term imo.

You would see this one on any number of theoretical physicist's office doors. Usually along with the "Horrendous Space Kablooie" one, in fact if I recall someone snuck in a reference to the HSK in an actual paper.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:ohdear:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Where the gently caress is she growing fenugreek at this theoretical scale?

quote:

Gil Thorp

I am here for the climax of that other coach’s petty grudge against Gil Thorp being an on-court death. This is the drama I crave.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Belated congrats, Vargo!

1980 comics

Dick Tracy

I'm 99% sure there's no credentials for being a security guard other than "is employed by a place to be a security guard", crimestoppers.

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

"There is no after all" doesn't quite scan well out of context, but in context it's a great panel.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Jimmy

Not Jimmy

Not Jimmy

Not Jimmy

Not Jimmy

Should be Jimmy

Not Jimmy (May 03, 2001)

Not Jimmy, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Not Jimmy

Not Jimmy

riderchop fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 6, 2023

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pancho Jueves posted:

If my main character was a lawyer, I wouldn't do a series on how lovely lawyers are. But that's just me.
Makes perfect sense in Kelleyparkerworld. A lawyer is a successful respectable person who has Made It Through Hard Work and Has Money unlike the lazy youths, and simultaneously a lawyer siphons your hard earned cash because the law has you pay taxes and parking tickets and poo poo. Much like a doctor is a respectable person with money but he tells you you can't eat all the meat and donuts and you have to exercise.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Yes, Mark and Jules, that is technically correct in this situation, but that job is called a paramedic and not a journalist.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Makes perfect sense in Kelleyparkerworld. A lawyer is a successful respectable person who has Made It Through Hard Work and Has Money unlike the lazy youths, and simultaneously a lawyer siphons your hard earned cash because the law has you pay taxes and parking tickets and poo poo. Much like a doctor is a respectable person with money but he tells you you can't eat all the meat and donuts and you have to exercise.

My prayer is that Kelley has suffered a near-fatal stroke and this is Parker seizing the opportunity to poo poo on the strip while still being vaguely Kelley-esque.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Mar 22-23, 1993)

"Dark matter" is a rad term imo.

Now that I have the brains to get this, this is very chuckle-worthy.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Back in the day before big chains took over the entire market, stores like "Veijo's Spare Parts" might have been typical stores for spare car parts. Veijo is of course an old-fashioned Finnish male first name.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

After the last strip I wondered how she'd manage to blame him for this, and there we go! I hate this comic.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Legend of Bill

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

You've already had a hailstone through the window, don't stand right next to it during a storm, you should know this if you live somewhere with severe thunderstorms :argh: .

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Aug. 12, 1956)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

All the fieldcraft is probably my favorite part of val aside from the art, the characters, the stories, and oh boy this is just such a great strip.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Prince Valiant right now is what Mark Trail should be

e: well, right now, give or take 67 years

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/5/03

Brenda Starr 9/24/50

Smokey Stover 11/29/53

Everyday Movies 4/14/36

"It's tough bein' a girl. You gotta let 'em flirt with you, and yet if a week passes and they don't, you think you're deterioratin'."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/23/41

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Lmao Scarlet is like peak human endurance and pain tolerance.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DMorbid posted:

After the last strip I wondered how she'd manage to blame him for this, and there we go! I hate this comic.

I maintain a normal level of hate for FOOB, but something about this one in particular is spiking me. Remember being a kid and how it was your responsibility to check the sump pump in the crawlspace every time it rained???? This totally normal scenario she didn't invent whole cloth so that the son (greedy; slovenly; a drain on life and happiness) could once again disappoint the mother (without sin; a modern day Job; unloved and unappreciated by terrible children)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

manero posted:

Nancy 1943

That's a good 'un.

Anyway's in today's Blueberry: Campbell returns to he profession with aplomb, or Parker is enthralled with Blueberry's tale, or NSFW'd and spoiler'ed for what we've ALL been waiting for! cw: full monty

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

riderchop posted:

Should be Jimmy

Now it's this kid's fault that the basement is flooded? gently caress you, lady.

I think either order works for that Wallace strip, but I like Amelia throwing the carrot after she was yelled at.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Now it's this kid's fault that the basement is flooded? gently caress you, lady.

I think either order works for that Wallace strip, but I like Amelia throwing the carrot after she was yelled at.

Kids are pieces of poo poo. My proof is being a kid at some point and having kids. If it wasn’t his fault this time I’m sure he will do something stupid that he wasn’t caught for yet or in the near future.
Why yes, I live by myself and never get visitors. How did you know?

In the Wallace it’s using the old trope of the teacher having a 6th sense about trouble makers or eyes on the back of her head.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Yeah, we know what your plans are, Dolly.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Crab Dad posted:

Kids are pieces of poo poo. My proof is being a kid at some point and having kids. If it wasn’t his fault this time I’m sure he will do something stupid that he wasn’t caught for yet or in the near future.
Why yes, I live by myself and never get visitors. How did you know?

In the Wallace it’s using the old trope of the teacher having a 6th sense about trouble makers or eyes on the back of her head.

Kids can be pieces of poo poo, but blaming your teenager because of an issue that was out of their control is a lovely thing to do. It's probably never occurred to Lynn how terribly she comes across in this strip of hers, but it's pretty telling how her default is 'scream at the top of your lungs' because you teen (checks notes) slept late and the basement leaked.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
This also gives us something specific enough that it's easier to explain why it's a bizarre expectation.

When I was a teenager, the extent of my sump pump related responsibilities would have been "say something if you notice water in the basement when you happen to be down there". Presumably if there was ever serious enough rain that mom would have been worried about flooding, she'd have told me to proactively check for it.

She was also not a weirdo who'd get mad when a teenager :siren: slept late on the weekend. :siren: Almost like she had reasonable expectations for how teenagers are or something.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pancho Jueves posted:

If my main character was a lawyer, I wouldn't do a series on how lovely lawyers are. But that's just me.

Ed is a lawyer because lawyer jokes are easy and jokes about lawyers' customers are easy.

Ed is fat and has a self-control of a toddler because those jokes are easy.

Dustin is lazy and gets fired from every job because those jokes are easy and you can make a different occupation joke every week.

Helen likes shopping because those jokes are easy. She's a radio host because jokes about stupid callers are easy.

Megan is a teenager because those jokes are easy.

When two characters interact, the lesser becomes the butt of a joke. Sometimes they switch places. There is no actual character development. Everyone exists only to be a vessel for an easy joke.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Haifisch posted:

This also gives us something specific enough that it's easier to explain why it's a bizarre expectation.

When I was a teenager, the extent of my sump pump related responsibilities would have been "say something if you notice water in the basement when you happen to be down there". Presumably if there was ever serious enough rain that mom would have been worried about flooding, she'd have told me to proactively check for it.

She was also not a weirdo who'd get mad when a teenager :siren: slept late on the weekend. :siren: Almost like she had reasonable expectations for how teenagers are or something.

That's the whole thing - it's not "you should have checked" because it was your specifically assigned responsibility; it's "you should have checked" because sleep on weekends is a waste time when you could have been doing something productive, like checking the sump pump.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth is the only one who didn't see this coming.

Skippy (May 10, 1935)

Peanuts (April 3, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 6, 1939)

Olive & Popeye

Out Our Way (June 26-28, 1941)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Kennel posted:

Ed is a lawyer because lawyer jokes are easy and jokes about lawyers' customers are easy.

Ed is fat and has a self-control of a toddler because those jokes are easy.

Dustin is lazy and gets fired from every job because those jokes are easy and you can make a different occupation joke every week.

Helen likes shopping because those jokes are easy. She's a radio host because jokes about stupid callers are easy.

Megan is a teenager because those jokes are easy.

When two characters interact, the lesser becomes the butt of a joke. Sometimes they switch places. There is no actual character development. Everyone exists only to be a vessel for an easy joke.

This cements all my hatred for Dustin in one simple post. The entire premise only exists so Skelley can make the laziest, easiest "jokes" known to man, all of which have been done before and better, and always tend to be the oldest and meanest, because they come from a time when the only joke was being a piece of poo poo for no reason.

Cathy Buys a Wedding Dress

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

EasyEW posted:

WHY DON'T THEY JUST KILL MARMADUKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

EasyEW posted:

retirement home, straight to the cheapest dirtiest home you can find