Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Hit 40. Unlocking Thanos has made getting rank significantly easier. It wasn't instant or anything but man, it feels good to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Studio posted:

Quantum Realm is weird because it's the "Base" power. So, it applies before any bonuses do. It's Weird.

Wait, hold on, though. Taskmaster is a 'set', though. Like Dracula. So it ignores the existing power of the card.

So Quantum Realm should set it back to 2.

Shouldn't it?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Quackles posted:

Wait, hold on, though. Taskmaster is a 'set', though. Like Dracula. So it ignores the existing power of the card.

Shouldn't it?

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually had +2 because of the location lol, can't check the whole board though

aWall
Jan 28, 2003

Football Jesus
These are all good changes. While I don't run any decks with Sunspot, I see him in 3/4 of my matches, so had been wondering if they were going to do anything about his ubiquity. I unlocked Shuri some time ago but never ended up building the deck (probably one of many reasons why I haven't gone above rank 60 in a Season).

Hit Monkey is a very fun card. Tried a couple of builds with him and had a lot of fun playing the decks and pulling out some turn 6 wins that were really satisfying. I will say that if you don't end up with beast or bast in the first couple of turns its tough to pull a W against anyone that has a solid plan.

I did just unlock Galactus, may take him for a spin, I think I have most of the key supporting cards for him. I've really hated playing against him, mostly when its some frustrating wave -> galactus -> spidey BS. It is very satisfying to see the Galactus coming and pull off a nice Juggernaut to beat him.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I really enjoyed this win. My deck doesn't run Hobgoblin - I waved on T3 and Doc Oc'd his Knull and Galactus, then managed to kill both positive 24 power of my board (including 9 from a Chavez he Yondu'd) and -24 power of Hobgoblins.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Been loving the Shuri meta ever since I got Warhead. Dropping a landmine in the lane where they are playing a Shuri'd redskull is the most satisfying thing I've done in this game.

# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Goose
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Negasonic Teenage Warhead
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Drax
# (5) Professor X
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHb29zZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJheCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVnYXNvbmljVGVlbmFnZVdhcmhlYWQifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Studio posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually had +2 because of the location lol, can't check the whole board though

it copied a red skull so no extra +2 but i still maintain it should end up as a flat 2 power!!!!!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I don't like how quantum realm resolves taskmaster because he should be either 5/2 or 5/x+2

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lost a game because a Lockjaw interaction showed a full lane that was in fact, not full, and replaced with a she-hulk.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Quackles posted:

Shouldn't it?

No, because the "set power" abilities of Tasky and Drac override the base power, not the current power. Quantum Realm affects base power and ignores all other power boosting effects. So if you play Forge followed by a card in Quantum Realm, the card in QR will have 4 power: it gains 2 from Forge, then base power is reduced to 2 by the location.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jedit posted:

No, because the "set power" abilities of Tasky and Drac override the base power, not the current power. Quantum Realm affects base power and ignores all other power boosting effects. So if you play Forge followed by a card in Quantum Realm, the card in QR will have 4 power: it gains 2 from Forge, then base power is reduced to 2 by the location.

I suppose...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

i guess, but also it literally says "after you play a card here"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Artelier posted:

i guess, but also it literally says "after you play a card here"

Just think of base power as the default value on the card before you play it - which never changes unless an effect specifically says the base power is affected. When the number goes green or red it's not base power anymore.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

One of my colleagues is 'investing' thousands in prebuying pallets of some new CCG, like the flesh and blood thing. How is this still a thing in 2023.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Everyone bitching about Shuri and my Shuri deck can't do poo poo except retreat against Galactus.
:confused:
Shuri runs more galactus counters than most decks. Aero, Cosmo, Titania, or just being bigger in the remaining lane. The guy is practically free cubes if you spot him coming.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Quackles posted:

I suppose...
Base power is weird. I would recommend clicking on some buffed/debuffed cards when they're on the board and looking at the power formula that shows up at the top of the screen.

A taskmaster that was played after red skull would show something like:

(=24) (Base 0)

For some reasons the formula reads right to left. Quantum realm is unique in that it actually edits an existing variable in the power formula rather than just adding to the end of it like other buffs. A taskmaster that's played on quantum realm would show:

(=24) (Base 2)

Power is stored differently in this game than basically any other card game. Rather than just there being a running tally of + or - counters like in MTG, the formula of all buffs and debuffs are actually stored on each card. Equals doesn't just add pluses or minuses, it's a separate operation from + and - in this game that sets a card's value. Once any equals operation has been performed, the Base Power will be disregarded regardless how it changes. A Patriot that's Basted, then hit by kamar-taj scorpion would show:

(-1) (-1) (=3) (Base 1)

If that card is played on Quantum realm, it would still end up with 1 power!

(-1) (-1) (=3) (Base 2)

So yes, it's very weird and unique, but Quantum Realm is the only place where the weirdness really is evident for now.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 7, 2023

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Do note that if an equals operation would result in a card's total power being lower, Luke Cage (or Colossus) protects against it just like any other debuff. I think they still work against Quantum Realm too, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Galactus is available to me. Should I pull the trigger? If so what’s a good deck with him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

dipple posted:

:confused:
Shuri runs more galactus counters than most decks. Aero, Cosmo, Titania, or just being bigger in the remaining lane. The guy is practically free cubes if you spot him coming.

And yet he's my kryptonite. I don't have Titania, if he kills your biggie and drops Knull it's all over.. Honestly, Shuri hasn't been doing poo poo for me this season. Started at 70 and dropped to 66, trying to use her to climb a little and it's just not the same magic that it was.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 7, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Piggy Smalls posted:

Galactus is available to me. Should I pull the trigger? If so what’s a good deck with him.

Galactus is a lot of fun to play, and I love when he hits, but I only win about half the time (and most of those wins are retreats).

This is my deck. Would probably work better with Wave, but I don't have her yet.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 7, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Piggy Smalls posted:

It's always worth pulling the trigger on a Big Bad because you'll never spend less tokens on them.

My go-to Galactus deck:

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Everyone bitching about Shuri and my Shuri deck can't do poo poo except retreat against Galactus.

I say the same when I play my Glactus deck and my opponent has a Shuri/Galactus deck.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Come on video game just a little more.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I haven't played against a Shuri deck all season. Switched to mine since nothing else was working, and whaddaya know, first game is against another Shuri deck!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I swear the match making is weighted somehow. I went from rarely seeing Thanos decks to fighting one every other match ever since I got him a day ago.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Cattail Prophet posted:

Do note that if an equals operation would result in a card's total power being lower, Luke Cage (or Colossus) protects against it just like any other debuff. I think they still work against Quantum Realm too, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Yep; I snap on Quantum Realm with my Luke deck pretty much every time I pull him because Mary's slamming down on there at 10 power.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Jedit posted:

It's always worth pulling the trigger on a Big Bad because you'll never spend less tokens on them.

My go-to Galactus deck:

Why Shuri instead of Spider-Man?

T3 Wave -> T4 Galactus -> T5 Spider-Man has done me ok so far

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cause thats a nimrod deck and shuri make big rod.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Here's a question. I just completed Series 3. Does it make more sense to hoard credits for the next cards to drop to Series 3 or should I just dump it in now and get more tokens and hope for S4/5 pulls?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

^^^ You're going to get a free S3 card every month and another one for every four boxes you open. You're much better off spending to get closer to your next S4 card.

Chainclaw posted:

Why Shuri instead of Spider-Man?

T3 Wave -> T4 Galactus -> T5 Spider-Man has done me ok so far

1) Nimrod. Lots of people have ways around Galactus himself. Being able to throw out 25 power in a lane with Destroyer is big.

2) Nobody expects turn 6 Shuri + Death.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Studio posted:

Lost a game because a Lockjaw interaction showed a full lane that was in fact, not full, and replaced with a she-hulk.

The Lockjaw graphical glitching is unbearable at times. I have lost a game before because that lane's Cosmo was covered up by a different card and I played Shang-Chi there.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Is there a list of the next downgraded cards on the 18th? I've got Valkyrie in my shop, but I don't want to spend 3k on her if she's going to be pool 3 in a couple weeks anyway.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jedit posted:

My go-to Galactus deck:

How vital are Kang & DD here? I just picked up Wave and those are the only 2 I'm missing

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Devo posted:

Is there a list of the next downgraded cards on the 18th? I've got Valkyrie in my shop, but I don't want to spend 3k on her if she's going to be pool 3 in a couple weeks anyway.
It's all speculation. We dont know for sure what will drop next, the list just shows the oldest S4s (bast, valkyrie, shuri, bp).

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

How vital are Kang & DD here? I just picked up Wave and those are the only 2 I'm missing

Nice but not necessary. There are many variants of Galactus that are a mix of win cons / setup for Galactus.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

No Wave posted:

Base power is weird. I would recommend clicking on some buffed/debuffed cards when they're on the board and looking at the power formula that shows up at the top of the screen.

A taskmaster that was played after red skull would show something like:

(=24) (Base 0)

For some reasons the formula reads right to left. Quantum realm is unique in that it actually edits an existing variable in the power formula rather than just adding to the end of it like other buffs. A taskmaster that's played on quantum realm would show:

(=24) (Base 2)

Power is stored differently in this game than basically any other card game. Rather than just there being a running tally of + or - counters like in MTG, the formula of all buffs and debuffs are actually stored on each card. Equals doesn't just add pluses or minuses, it's a separate operation from + and - in this game that sets a card's value. Once any equals operation has been performed, the Base Power will be disregarded regardless how it changes. A Patriot that's Basted, then hit by kamar-taj scorpion would show:

(-1) (-1) (=3) (Base 1)

If that card is played on Quantum realm, it would still end up with 1 power!

(-1) (-1) (=3) (Base 2)

So yes, it's very weird and unique, but Quantum Realm is the only place where the weirdness really is evident for now.

what happens to taskmaster on quantum realm if shadow king hits him?

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Having the worst season. Can't get out of the 40s to save my life. Losing most games unless I play Hitmonkey Control and those matches take too long to be fun. Starting to think I suck at this game and should stop playing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Wouldn’t Shadow King override QR anyways?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Good question, no idea. "Original base power" suggests he would go to 0 rather than 2, but I'm not familiar with how "original" works in this game. I'm curious what the formula up top would look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

psychopomp posted:

Having the worst season. Can't get out of the 40s to save my life. Losing most games unless I play Hitmonkey Control and those matches take too long to be fun. Starting to think I suck at this game and should stop playing.

I started at 50 and about 100+ games later I'm at... 50. Sometimes I make it to 51, occasionally I'll dip to 49. Can't get any momentum this season, but that's probably because I'm using decks that are more fun to play than more likely to win.

I also never snap because that pretty much guarantees I'll lose lol