Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Carthag Tuek posted:

im gonna rewatch this. i dont think ive seen it (aside from the pizza scissor scene) since a sleepover at my friends house in 92

There's a lot going on in that scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SxN_U2H0Xc

Toys R Us must have thought they were sponsoring a different muscle man movie given the title...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress I need to watch this again. Being a child and watching it all the small stuff floats and you just remember big action and the torture scene with sponges.

I think you're describing the scene where Al Leong tortures Mel Gibson in the first Lethal Weapon. It's all I can think of when I see my car wash sponge.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Bogus Adventure posted:

Toys R Us must have thought they were sponsoring a different muscle man movie given the title...

That scene always seemed like a leftover from the original Beverly Hills Cop that Stallone didn’t realize was funny.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dillbag posted:

I think you're describing the scene where Al Leong tortures Mel Gibson in the first Lethal Weapon. It's all I can think of when I see my car wash sponge.

Oh, you're probably right!

I looked it up and it's Tango + Cash chained up being zapped in water.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ah, is that so?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah, is that so?

Lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Bogus Adventure posted:

there was a lot going on in every scene

i like the recurring joke with the guy whos his boss and also his not boss, dressed like a newspaper urchin from 1890. stallone keeps badgering him about buying candy, tells him to eat salad instead. eight times at least he does this, in the movie.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Carthag Tuek posted:

there was a lot going on in every scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYdYN7HJDRk

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Carthag Tuek posted:

this is probably the most derivate movie ive seen

off the top of my head its got terminator, psycho, the shining, thief

also i was gonna say its weird that the serial killer cult has like 500 members, but its only weird because its pre-internet

Note that the police can't trace any of the murders to this cult because it's so secretive, so stealthy. And then they mess up killing a potential witness two times, and they proceed to send EVERYONE to the remote witness protection location.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Pretty dope ngl.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

BigglesSWE posted:

Pretty dope ngl.

Is this a Struzan? Cuz that is pretty rad, I thought the guy was officially retired.

Edit: the artist is apparently Tony Stella

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 7, 2023

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dirl? What's a dirl?

*sees the movie*

Ohhhhh, a dirl!

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Selling stuff to museums must pay like poo poo if he could never get a different set of clothes.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
dril of destiny

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

BigglesSWE posted:

Pretty dope ngl.

I'm getting some TFA vibes from the poster

It's prettier than TFA's, but lol that it's a mirror image design

Chris Knight posted:

dril of destiny

lmao

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bar Crow posted:

Selling stuff to museums must pay like poo poo if he could never get a different set of clothes.

Look he's like 90 years old. He found a look that worked in his 20s and has stuck to it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Plus he's a university professor, so he's tenured.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Waffleman_ posted:

Plus he's a university professor, so he's tenured.

drat this really is a period piece.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Gripweed posted:

drat this really is a period piece.

For real, though...isn't the period practically when Raiders of the Lost Ark came out in actual life? It's gotta be the mid-late 70's by now. If they do an Indy 6, it'll just be Harrison Ford watching himself and getting into a fistfight with the usher.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Xealot posted:

For real, though...isn't the period practically when Raiders of the Lost Ark came out in actual life? It's gotta be the mid-late 70's by now. If they do an Indy 6, it'll just be Harrison Ford watching himself and getting into a fistfight with the usher.

Someone didn't watch Young Indiana Jones on broadcast, I take it...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's set in 69.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

It's set in 69.

nice

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Young Indiana Jones is directly to blame for the Phantom Menace happening so gently caress it.

I did like it though

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
With the DVD edits, about half the episodes of Young Indy are terrific and absolutely worth seeking out. The problem is, it's two completely different shows stapled together—a really great show about a wide-eyed teenager running away from home to join WWI before America joined the effort, and a really lame kid's show about a little boy following his archeologist dad around and getting into silly misadventures. Not to mention the wacky, boring Old Indy wraparounds that were thankfully cut for the home release. Plus it's hard selling anyone on the show if you tell them about the early 20th-century celebrity cameos, which are generally really tastefully done.

There are a few dud teenage episodes, but on the whole it's a really, really good show that holds up incredible well. Catch Attack of the Hawkmen or Oganga The Giver and Taker of Life if you ever feel the pull to revisit it.

It's too bad the digital effects were so primitive and rendered in SD, because the extremely ambitious and globetrotting nature of the production would make for an impressive HD transfer.

Overall it really is a lot like the Star Wars prequels and cartoons—a big mixed bag that's worth sorting through if you have the interest and inclination.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 8, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
An American who wanted to get in on WW1 early must've been an absolute freak

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wow that sounds even worse than I imagined. I thought it was about a teenage indy going on little adventures. That just sounds depressing

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The dude met Pancho Villa while on a Spring Break trip to a Mexican brothel with his cousin, and it inspired him to forge some papers and join the French Foreign Legion with a mustachioed Belgian. The forgeries were so well done, he got a gig as a spy and jumped around to all the fronts on secret missions.

It's very silly but rad.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah, is that so?

Lol

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

It's set in 69.

Although judging by the trailers there's gonna be a decent amount set in the 40s too.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 8, 2023

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I seem to recall he did a stint as a fighter pilot and interacted with von Richthofen.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

This was fun

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Luke Skywalker observes an 1/12th scale model emperor.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I never realized how goofy darth vadar looked

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

Luke Skywalker observes an 1/12th scale model emperor.

Nah it just stars Bigger Luke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

No thx