Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bird with big dick posted:

I was at Costco with my gf's sister today and she handed me her dinosaur chicken nugget free sample that she had taken a bite out of and asked if I wanted to finish it so I did so I feel like we've basically kissed now and maybe this is her way of indicating that she's interested in some sort of physical relationship what does everyone think

is your gf single

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

is your gf single

Wondering this too?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1644016922525331456

150 everyday

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
I bought the Kirkland Italian Sparkling Mineral Water for the first time after seeing it on sale. I would definitely not get it again, it tastes watered down compared to good brands of sparkling mineral water. It does say low mineral content on the bottle though...

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

That article (“article”) is cursed, they said the onions & sauerkraut are gone as a cost cutting measure

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Picked up one of those instant pot slow cookers for $49.97. Hopefully it works out as a little braising machine.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

How’s the Kirkland sparkling water cans as opposed to, say, Polar

Dunno if I wanna commit to a 35 pack but I’m tempted

I like it but I don't love most brands of sparkling water cans. It's sort of its own thing.

The lime cans (you get 15 lime and 10 each of lemon and grapefruit) are the weakest ones; I wouldn't buy them on their own but they're still drinkable.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

dms666 posted:

I bought the Kirkland Italian Sparkling Mineral Water for the first time after seeing it on sale. I would definitely not get it again, it tastes watered down compared to good brands of sparkling mineral water. It does say low mineral content on the bottle though...

All waters flavored with "essences" suck. Goddamn essential oil cargo culting bullshit, as far as I'm concerned. Give me Spindrift or the San Pellegrino that isn't loaded with sugar, or just give me a loving soda.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
it's a beverage, not homeopathy

maybe you need a nice cold lacroix to chill out? I'm not sharing the superior Waterloos with you obviously :v:

Dick Fontaine posted:

Picked up one of those instant pot slow cookers for $49.97. Hopefully it works out as a little braising machine.

Instant Pots say they can slow cook but the lack of the ceramic insert real slow cookers have is kind of a problem, so if they do weird poo poo that's probably why. hopefully it works out for you though

Psion fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 7, 2023

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

CaptainSarcastic posted:

All waters flavored with "essences" suck. Goddamn essential oil cargo culting bullshit, as far as I'm concerned. Give me Spindrift or the San Pellegrino that isn't loaded with sugar, or just give me a loving soda.

Spindrift tastes like poo poo, sorry. Polar and Lacroix grapefruit (best flavor) are so much better than Spindrift's grapefruit. Also essential oils used for flavorings aren't a cargo cult lmao - this isn't aromatherapy or homeopathy, it's a beverage. If I'm making a recipe where I want to flavor something with citrus I'm going to use the rind, where the oils (i.e. concentrated flavors) are. There are tons of citrus varieties that have been used exclusively for oil extraction (bergamot for Earl Grey tea for example) for a long time.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Polar is best. Period

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Wegmans :colbert:

As previously mentioned I am an unsophisticated rube re: sparkling waters but my Polar-loving wife has also been converted to Wegmans water.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like flat water

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like flat water

You monster.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Chinatown posted:

Not bad, but I prefer the La Croix. Sipping a Limoncello rn actually.

This, wtf :psyduck:

All the flavors they've launched since and including Peach Pear have been utter poo poo. Whatever product developer they have likes VERY STRONG headache inducing flavors and to add vanilla to everything. Limoncello has vanilla. Key lime has a lot of vanilla.

I used to be a product developer for carbonated beverages and I have strong opinions :colbert:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I like the limoncello :)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Any recommendations for bed sheets? I remember liking flannel, and I see they sell "Pendleton Flannel Sheet Set" which is well-reviewed, is that my best bet?

edit: Though, when I look at the reviews there's a lot of recent one-stars for it..

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 7, 2023

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I used to be a product developer for carbonated beverages and I have strong opinions :colbert:

okay well now I'm interested in hearing more about this

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Any recommendations for bed sheets? I remember liking flannel, and I see they sell "Pendleton Flannel Sheet Set" which is well-reviewed, is that my best bet?

edit: Though, when I look at the reviews there's a lot of recent one-stars for it..

I'm a fan of these, but they took them down online for now so you gotta find them locally: https://www.costco.com/cariloha-schedule.html

Very soft, warm and hold up great. The hem can get a bit wrinkly, so you may need to iron them from time to time. Also, if you run hot, they might get too hot for your taste. Unless it's winter, I sleep with just the sheet.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

ShowTime posted:

I'm a fan of these, but they took them down online for now so you gotta find them locally: https://www.costco.com/cariloha-schedule.html

Very soft, warm and hold up great. The hem can get a bit wrinkly, so you may need to iron them from time to time. Also, if you run hot, they might get too hot for your taste. Unless it's winter, I sleep with just the sheet.

Rayon sheets? Might be too adventurous for me. I see they sell a bunch of Tencel sheets too, whatever that is. I guess it's all cellulose derivatives.

edit: I just are a dog in the crowded covid food court, then I went into Costco proper and saw two old guys who brought their food to eat on the nice display couch/table. That's brilliant, noting down for next time.

edit 2:

Super deal alert, flannel king size in Boston for $19.97

Is the 97 cents some kinda clearance thing like they do at Walmart?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 7, 2023

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zero VGS posted:

I usually buy the inexpensive microfiber sheets. Lasts for a few years, comes with four pillowcases. Somewhere between $15-25 usually. I get compliments on them from my guests.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Just had a quick Church visit. Busier than normal on a Friday afternoon but I guess that might be because of the holiday this weekend.

Grabbed unsalted butter for my wife to bake with, a bottle of fish oil pills for me, 3 handles of Kirkland vodka to drown my troubles, and a jar of "banana pudding" moonshine because it sounded fun and why the hell not.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Banana pudding moonshine sounds disgusting. That and the 3 handles of vodka will make for an interesting experience kneeling over a toilet.

I do need to go by today. Tomorrow is gonna be madness.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

ShowTime posted:

Banana pudding moonshine sounds disgusting. That and the 3 handles of vodka will make for an interesting experience kneeling over a toilet.

I do need to go by today. Tomorrow is gonna be madness.

Good god no, not all at the same time. The three handles of vodka take me about a month and a half to go through. I like banana pudding and I guess this is a "cream moonshine." I'll take it for a spin tomorrow evening.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Zero VGS posted:

Pretty sure we have these. They're crazy warm and incredibly comfy. Makes waking up on cold mornings in January really, really tough.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wish I wasn't so drat tall, I've never seen California King sheets at Costco.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Are they usually hidden from you on the bottom rack? :downsrim:

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

Enos Cabell posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWik-jvDTaQ

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Zero VGS posted:

Rayon sheets? Might be too adventurous for me. I see they sell a bunch of Tencel sheets too, whatever that is. I guess it's all cellulose derivatives.

edit: I just are a dog in the crowded covid food court, then I went into Costco proper and saw two old guys who brought their food to eat on the nice display couch/table. That's brilliant, noting down for next time.

edit 2:

The asterisk means that they're not selling the item anymore and they're clearing out the rest of the stock they have.

Costco Canada did that with my Utz pub mix last week and I'm so sad.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

olylifter posted:

The asterisk means that they're not selling the item anymore and they're clearing out the rest of the stock they have.

Costco Canada did that with my Utz pub mix last week and I'm so sad.

I thought it was the asterisk only meant they weren't being restocked and the .97 meant they were on clearance?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I thought it was the asterisk only meant they weren't being restocked and the .97 meant they were on clearance?

This is true, but I don't think they ever clearance an item that is going to be restocked. If you see a .97 clearance item it will almost certainly have the asterisk on it as well.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

fischtick posted:

Pretty sure we have these. They're crazy warm and incredibly comfy. Makes waking up on cold mornings in January really, really tough.

Yeah I nabbed them for $20 because who can say no to that? Just took my first nap on them and they feel nice. Actually the king fitted sheet goes fine on my queen just by tucking in it a bit extra. I could use those elastic clip bands to hold it taut but it looks fine honestly.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I love the lemon spindrifts but every other flavor tastes like congealed rear end. It’s just not a good concept with any other kind of fruit

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pencilhands posted:

I love the lemon spindrifts but every other flavor tastes like congealed rear end. It’s just not a good concept with any other kind of fruit

the lemon black tea one is awesome and my go-to, dollar store wizard master

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i needy some sheets

and a mattress while we're at it

should i get one of them roll ups or are they bad for you

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Hopefully you can solve a mystery for me then.

You know how some people think cilantro tastes like soap? Is there something similar where sparkling water tastes like bitter garbage? Like there isn’t enough “flavor” in the world to overcome it?

Is it just HFCS that renders soda drinkable?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I don't know if this was posted here already but I'm posting it because it accurately reflects my day in church.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

pencilhands posted:

Sorry about your busted taste buds. :shrug:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It's pretty disappointing to see how bad Costco logistics can be. Can't request a general time window for delivery. They can't give a time window until the night before delivery. And then can't do anything once they give it to you. Need to reschedule because the timeframe they gave you doesn't work? You still can't change the window of the rescheduled delivery.

So they gave me a time window before my building's loading dock and freight elevator is open for use, and can only tell me to reschedule to a different day, when it's likely I'll still have the same issue. They won't give me a way to contact the delivery team to coordinate, and they say they can't coordinate it for me.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah my one big purchase with a scheduled delivery they straight up forgot me and I had to wait until the next day.