Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Oh, now that I realize, which identities besides R Heathcliff are used to speedrun Mirror Dungeon? Since now I have him.

The main thing is whom to avoid: R Ishmael and W Don, because they are indiscriminately homicidal and suicidal respectively which makes the win button too dangerous to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

LostRook posted:

The main thing is whom to avoid: R Ishmael and W Don, because they are indiscriminately homicidal and suicidal respectively which makes the win button too dangerous to use.

Not even manually! I swear Ishamel switches to Mind Whip on her own to kill Gregor and Heathcliff sometimes.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

neat
turns out that for KQE-1J-23, while you can't clash their first crane pickup, you can evade it. Don't get to attack the heart, but your person doesn't get staggered either.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If you pick up a lithograph or other healing item early on in your run, w don can be worth it, since you'll have so much healing that taking a bit of damage wont matter

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Einander posted:

I imagine Thread issues will go away for quite a while when the season ends and we get the great auto-conversion, especially with new thread drops on the new Battle Pass. The question is whether Railway 2 will be right before season end, to motivate you to use what you've got. :v:

R Corp Heathcliff, Tingtang Hong Lu, and Grip Faust are my starting three right now. There's probably a better third but the first two seem fairly set in stone. LCCB Ishmael and Kurokumo Hong Lu are good alternatives, and I usually grab G Corp Gregor as a fourth or fifth because his high attack value makes him very consistent and if you get a Sin resource item then Legerdemain speeds up the annoying end bosses (robots or calendar).

you can get 126 thread per week from the 3/day luxcavation, or 189 if you do the skip thing and spend extra modules
once you 'catch up' and uptie everything you want, that will be enough to uptie 1 new 000 id (100 thread), 1 new 00 id (50 thread), and 1ish ego (the price varies based on the ego's rank, TETH are 105, Zayin are less and HE are more) every 2 weeks
so even if you had infinite lunacy or infinite luck and got every single new gacha thing on its release banner, you'd be able to just about keep up on thread without melting any egoshards
... at least until we bring in more season 2 battlepass EGOs. but the battlepass's own thread income can probably account for some of that idk

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 8, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I rewatched the end of Chapter 1 cutscene where Hermann, Jia Huan and Gubo make themselves known and I noticed something I didn't before: Hermann calls Gregor's arm a 'gift', but says he 'hasn't finished unwrapping it'. Is Hermann implying Gregor's arm/mutation has more potential that he just hasn't unlocked yet?

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Junpei posted:

I rewatched the end of Chapter 1 cutscene where Hermann, Jia Huan and Gubo make themselves known and I noticed something I didn't before: Hermann calls Gregor's arm a 'gift', but says he 'hasn't finished unwrapping it'. Is Hermann implying Gregor's arm/mutation has more potential that he just hasn't unlocked yet?

I don't think Gregor's arm is the gift. It's probably his ability to survive the mutation mostly unscathed.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Beat Railway on turn 135. Pretty happy with that.

Thanks to whomever mentioned Shi Ishamel. When she is at 50% health, her skills become crazy and won me a lot of clashes. Also Sinclair with impending day gave me enough sin to make the next few fights trivial.

My hard stages were the

Poision Dude
K-Corp Fight

I didn't get the mechanics down for the last fight. Is it all about stacking karma and winning clashes against the buddha statue?

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

DropTheAnvil posted:

Thanks to whomever mentioned Shi Ishamel. When she is at 50% health, her skills become crazy and won me a lot of clashes. Also Sinclair with impending day gave me enough sin to make the next few fights trivial.

My hard stages were the

Poision Dude
K-Corp Fight

I didn't get the mechanics down for the last fight. Is it all about stacking karma and winning clashes against the buddha statue?

All the human enemies fully heal every round, so you must one turn kill them (either via concentrated damage or by karma stacking; and since karma stacking also increases the damage you deal it becomes easier to do the former). Damaging My Form Empties "Buddha Murti" causes it to use its skills on random targets which means even more karma stacking (or in some cases outright killing his adds). Then it's just killing him, though someone suggested to intentionally lose/be hit a bit so you can transfer Karma stacks to him after all the adds die.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Got through the first run at 150 turns - weirdly enough, Kromer wound up being one of the quicker stages. I'll definitely be able to improve that time, though - Tour Guide robot and the Toad in particular had me flailing about. Gonna swap out L Corp Faust for Grippy, but not sure if I want to experiment with Shi Ishmael even though LCCB Ish didn't seem to work well for me.

what I wouldn't give for a W-Corp Don, though

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

DropTheAnvil posted:

My hard stages were the

Poision Dude
K-Corp Fight

From my experience:

K Corp fight is all about having Gregor's Legerdemain EGO and Kurokumo/Tiang Hong Lu. Legerdemain is spam-able blunt AOE that tears through the grunts and Hong Lu is great for the elite's who you really need to kill in one round. You need a decent split of slash and blunt for the damage. Seven Outis is also pretty good for the fight.

Poison guy you need slash for the beasts and pierce for snake hands. Kurokumo Hong Lu's Cloud Cutter did about 100 damage per use, which made it pretty easy to clear out the beasts first.Try to burn down one arm and then let it revive, preferably around the stagger point, because if you kill both hands quickly you'll have to deal with tons of poison while trying to burn through what's left of his 1500 HP.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Verant posted:

Got through the first run at 150 turns - weirdly enough, Kromer wound up being one of the quicker stages. I'll definitely be able to improve that time, though - Tour Guide robot and the Toad in particular had me flailing about. Gonna swap out L Corp Faust for Grippy, but not sure if I want to experiment with Shi Ishmael even though LCCB Ish didn't seem to work well for me.

what I wouldn't give for a W-Corp Don, though
Just grab one off support, then. You can use one support unit during Railway.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Any tips on the stage 8 crusader fight? They just don't seem to take much damage

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

First real attempt (Reset a few times before 4)

9,10,12 could be faster. I am happy to just get the Special Banner though

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Okay I'm done back to LP updates.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

My second attempt seems to be going much, much better. R Heathcliff truly is a godsend since he just murders staggered enemies by himselfeven with S1.

...I'm still at 29 total turns which doesn't bode well for a sub 120 clear given Inquisitors and such. And I also hosed up some fights but didn't feel like resetting.

EDIT: on that note, which part of Doggo is best to focus on? To see if I bring more Slash or Blunt.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 8, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It's not quite a guide, but here's a full 88 turn clear if anyone wants to use it for reference. It uses 7 000 and 2 00 identities, so that may be a roadblock, but I don't think it's unfeasible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNDPvAtq5rA

My second attempt seems to be going much, much better. R Heathcliff truly is a godsend since he just murders staggered enemies by himselfeven with S1.

...I'm still at 29 total turns which doesn't bode well for a sub 120 clear given Inquisitors and such. And I also hosed up some fights but didn't feel like resetting.

EDIT: on that note, which part of Doggo is best to focus on? To see if I bring more Slash or Blunt.

It's a cop out but it depends on your identities. Generally, I think as long as you can reliably win the clashes the head is the better target since removing it reduces the number of attacks and, hopefully, the fight won't last long enough for the telepole's passive to matter. If you don't have the damage or coins, but you can weather the damage, then telepole.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Just finished my own first run. A bit short from the Cool Banner, but then again I just threw in some random identities and barely used any EGO to the degree of having 50+ of all the resources and 100+ of a couple of them by the end (just in case, you know :v:).

Bought Rabbit Heath and lucked into The Gripper on my Season one 000 ticket, so I ought to be in a good place for a banner run now. All in all, I felt the difficulty was alright. Even a suboptimal set of identities can get through with deliberate play without that much pain.

In semi-related news, the coin changed are significant enough that all those One-coin High Coin Power skills that I used to view as kinda garbo are suddenly amazing. I wonder if G Corp Outis is actually good now in comparison to vanilla.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Theantero posted:

In semi-related news, the coin changed are significant enough that all those One-coin High Coin Power skills that I used to view as kinda garbo are suddenly amazing.
Mutilate went from Boundary of Death meme material to baby's first Greater Split: Horizontal.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
who needs EGO when you've got a knife

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

120 turns on the dot for my first clear; part of me wants to see how low I can push it after threadspinning a few more key EGOs/slotting in Tingtang Hong Lu (who I pulled halfway through it), but that's a lot of time to sink into a vanity project when the banner can't get any shinier and I've already cleared out the real rewards.

MVP list looks pretty much like everyone else's: R Heathcliff, W Don, and NEET Faust. Most disappointing performers were the burn trio; too many key clashes they have trouble winning and burst seemed more important than debuff stacking even in the real slog fights. This is personally displeasing because I really enjoyed playing with burn in library, but if turn count is what I'm optimizing for it doesn't fit. Time to give G Gregor another shot.

I'll also have to give LCCB Ishmael a chance at some point - R Corp does good work sometimes but building charge takes forever and restarting to fish for turn one mind whip success is just too tedious. Suicide Don is much more practical with the easy access to healing.

This leaves blunt damage feeling like the biggest gap in coverage for a speedy railway experience. Seven Outis is solid but low damage. N Rodya is decent with Faust around but not super impressive. Faust herself is great but it's just her skill 3/EGO.

Did anyone with a quick clear have a bludgeoning source they were really pleased with? I could be sleeping on a standout 00 but with even Gregor letting me down I dunno.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Part of my MVP list was Kurokumo Hong Lu (I finished in 114 turns), his second skill getting four coins if you don't have enough bleed on an enemy as well as stacking bleed for major damage are both great and much easier to proc than the extra hit on tingtang's mutilate or shank. At one point I had 34 power 10 count bleed on the 6th fight and watched as it killed itself with coin flips.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Irony.or.Death posted:

Did anyone with a quick clear have a bludgeoning source they were really pleased with? I could be sleeping on a standout 00 but with even Gregor letting me down I dunno.
Unironically G Gregor is the best source of heavy-hitting Blunt damage. After getting some green Impending Day procs early on you can spam the poo poo out of Legedemain basically every turn.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, I decided to try out the W Don solo strat on tour bot! While it's gonna be 7 turn since I don't have all the passives, it sure is gonna be less thought, right?

*50 attempts later*

Maybe I should just go with W Don+ N Faust... At least that way I can use Gaze and not have to evade that much...

EDIT: Yeah, bringing Faust let me clear in 7 turns, boss was low enough when Heart came out to die even with protection. Took almost no damage thanls to the early coin! 41 turns total for now, meaning I have to clear the following 6 stages in... an average of 13 turns. Huh, even with INQUISITORS on the future it sounds somewhat reasonable.

EDIT2: I'm...kinda curious at what the strat for killing Fish in 3 turns is, cause once you break the body you can't hit an easy stagger anymore.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 8, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

EDIT2: I'm...kinda curious at what the strat for killing Fish in 3 turns is, cause once you break the body you can't hit an easy stagger anymore.
You go for an arm, not the body. The arms have really high stagger thresholds, so you stagger an arm turn 1 then go all-in with everything you have turn 2 (Quick Suppression, Rip Space, Mind Crush etc etc)

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

You go for an arm, not the body. The arms have really high stagger thresholds, so you stagger an arm turn 1 then go all-in with everything you have turn 2 (Quick Suppression, Rip Space, Mind Crush etc etc)

How do you Rip Space on turn 2? Even Telepole leaves you at 9 since one decays at the end of the turn.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Aumanor posted:

How do you Rip Space on turn 2? Even Telepole leaves you at 9 since one decays at the end of the turn.

Is the answer you just suck the damage? Rip Space is pretty potent if you hit a staggered enemy with it.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Aumanor posted:

You either use another purple skill alongside it to get the 10+half purple res (in this case 1) charge bonus from a heads roll, or you Overclock it to get the 20 charge.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

Thanks! Did with with no problem, only thing is Don+Heath took a bit too much damage and are now closer to stagger threshold (Gregor too but he's G Corp so lol). But the next ones are double Inqui+K Corp combo so I guess I can try to take a bit of time since they're gonna be long. Also I can bring Ishmael+Rodio+Outis for blunt damage next fight anyways and let them rest. Unless R Heath is vital for a non-eternal clear...

EDIT: Okay, by bringing Don and heath (sacrificing a health recovery) managed to do them in 8 turns, feels good. Bursted down the middle one on turns 4 and 5 letting me clear the stragglers.

Man like, R Heath after this should be topping the tier list, his massive fragile is vital + a lot of Pierce weaknesses+ Bodysack spam.

EDIT 2: Sorry for the constant edits, managed to clear K Corp in 13 turns but man now I'm stumped at the Inquisitor+Doggos. I feel like I barely deal damage to the arms, Heathcliff loses all ammo too fast even when using Bodysack and overall can't see a fast run. Also breaking the arms leads to losing a turn and breaking both makes the Inquisitor gain a bunch of coins, at turn 15 he was 59 HP but I quit because god that felt bad.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 8, 2023

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aaand... I'm done it now too! :toot:

I think the biggest change I'd like to see is making resists and passives just visible from the start. I don't think it really adds anything to hide them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

Just grab one off support, then. You can use one support unit during Railway.

I knew I was forgetting something when I restarted

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

EDIT 2: Sorry for the constant edits, managed to clear K Corp in 13 turns but man now I'm stumped at the Inquisitor+Doggos. I feel like I barely deal damage to the arms, Heathcliff loses all ammo too fast even when using Bodysack and overall can't see a fast run. Also breaking the arms leads to losing a turn and breaking both makes the Inquisitor gain a bunch of coins, at turn 15 he was 59 HP but I quit because god that felt bad.

Turn 15 is actually a decent speed for that particular fight. You can see that Shastahanshah got a double digit run but still took 14 turns on that and the 88 turn run video I posted earlier still took 11 turns. Damage planning is absolutely critical for that fight; it's the most plate spinning of the fights in the railway.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shastahanshah posted:

Aaand... I'm done it now too! :toot:

I think the biggest change I'd like to see is making resists and passives just visible from the start. I don't think it really adds anything to hide them.

:stare:

share team

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Going to guess that it is Sheeshmael, Funny Ting Tang Man, R-Heath and W-Don + a floater. Those 4 put in an insane amount of work. Add in Mariachi Sinclair Support Passive + 7 Outis Support Passive and you can send out a ton of damage. But I could be wrong!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

but i don't have the thread for sheeshmael :negative:

because i just spent it on bunnycliff and i will say, man puts in work already

e: eh, once i have this team filled out i'll only really have to worry about the Good Don and threading egos, i can throw some egoshards for the people i'm happy with into shi ishmael

e2: also bodysack has been my Good Friend on vanilla heathcliff, so having it on an identity that it actively makes much better by stretching out ammo sounds just fantastic

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 9, 2023

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Going to try for Sub 100 myself soon, I didn't really utilize my team well. Hell, I even forgot Ting Tang Hong Lu existed until the 9th or 10th fight. That was probably 5 turns alone, if not more.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yi Sang: Seven Association
Faust: One Who Grips (Hex Nail, Fluid Sac)
Don: W Corp Cleanup Agent (telepole)
Ryoshu: LCB Sinner
Meurseult: -
Hong Lu: Tingtang Gang Leader
Heathcliff: R Corp. 4th Pack Rabbit (telepole)
Ishmael: Shi Section 5 (Ardor Blossom Star)
Rodya: N Corp. Mittelhammer (Rime Shank)
Sinclair: Jefe de Los Mariachi
Outis: Seven Section 6 Director (Ebony Stem)
Gregor: G Corp General Manager (Legerdemain, Lantern)

My core combat team was Heathcliff, Ishmael, and Hong Lu. Depending on the fight, I filled it out with Faust, Don, Rodya, Outis or Gregor. Even though Sinclair and Yi Sang never got deployed, they have very good support passives so they were quite helpful. Meurseult... Never did anything in any capacity. :shobon:

The main thing to remember is that you shouldn't bother taking clashes you don't need to. If something's going to hit someone for 12 damage or something, just ignore it and hit someone else if there's a better target. Of the non-based ego I used, only Hex Nail, Don's telepole and Legerdemain were uptied to tier 3; uptying other ones would probably be useful too lol.

I'm not sure if I made the right choice with Ryoshu and Rodya; Rodya's support passive was rarely very useful, while Ryoshu's is extremely strong there's only a few fights where I'd have enough gluttony to really get resonance reliably. LCCB or Kurokumo Rodya and Kurokumo Ryoshu might've been better choices, though without N Corp Rodya there's a lack of blunt damage to finish up the inquisitor fights in good time.

It really can't be overstated how useful Tingtang Hong Lu is; He has one of the best support passives out of anyone (very easy to fulfill too since it's owned not resonance!) and when he's on the field, Mutilate can save you precious turns. Shank is also just a really good pierce attack.

Heathcliff just does insane damage.

Shastahanshah fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 9, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

that was... odd

queued up Greg's Lantern ego, enemy it was targeted on got killed before he got to do it, ending the wave

new wave arrives, ego isn't on the bar, resources are spent

Quackles posted:

You sure the EGO isn't on the bar?

If so, :lobcorp:

completely! i even checked the 'discard zone' at the top!

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 9, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

that was... odd

queued up Greg's Lantern ego, enemy it was targeted on got killed before he got to do it, ending the wave

new wave arrives, ego isn't on the bar, resources are spent

You sure the EGO isn't on the bar?

If so, :lobcorp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
somebody already put up a 71 turn clear using shi ish, w corp don, n faust, r heathcliff, and kurokumo ryoshu only

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=lobotomycorporation&no=1171673