Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

facialimpediment posted:

Apparently the origination point for this one (the Ukrainian war plans leak), per bellingcat, is the Minecraft Map Discord channel

NO THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE BAKHMUT YOU loving [heated gamer word]

Was the username johnbarron45?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Zamujasa posted:

I remember it as literally the plot of a children's mystery book, where The Gang finds out who stabbed the watermelon by the culprit mentioning "their knife's blade wasn't that long" (with the knife still firmly planted in the melon, thus making it impossible to tell the real length).

Hah, I remember that! It was an Encyclopedia Brown story.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Hah, I remember that! It was an Encyclopedia Brown story.

I mostly remember the balloonist vs bookkeeper spelling prize story, myself.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

silvergoose posted:

I mostly remember the balloonist vs bookkeeper spelling prize story, myself.

I remember the one about a sword engraved in honor of the first battle of Bull Run.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
The one that pissed me off beyond all reason relied on someone claiming they'd set their alarm clock for 13 hours in the future, which was obviously impossible as it would go off in one hour.

It was written before digital alarm clocks were a thing, but I hadn't ever seen any other kind so it smelled like pure bullshit to ten-year-old me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zamujasa posted:

I remember it as literally the plot of a children's mystery book, where The Gang finds out who stabbed the watermelon by the culprit mentioning "their knife's blade wasn't that long" (with the knife still firmly planted in the melon, thus making it impossible to tell the real length).

“I’m a knife enthusiast and recognize the model.”

:goonsay:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Be careful about what you read about the mifepristone abortion pill. The standard chudge shitler essentially killed its approval after a 7-day stay (in an expected incredibly stupid opinion), then about 10 minutes later a federal judge in Washington State mandated that the FDA does absolutely nothing, complete with a preliminary injunction.

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1644474146716352512

Get your vasectomies y'all and if it all goes horrifically bad like mine did, give me a yell and I'll get you to the right doctors to fix it (brb running 3 miles).

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Lemniscate Blue posted:

The one that pissed me off beyond all reason relied on someone claiming they'd set their alarm clock for 13 hours in the future, which was obviously impossible as it would go off in one hour.

It was written before digital alarm clocks were a thing, but I hadn't ever seen any other kind so it smelled like pure bullshit to ten-year-old me.

That's funny, it didn't register for me as implausible when I read it at all because I'd been to Europe to visit my mom's family, and Europe uses 24-hour time so setting your alarm to 13 hours from now actually works there.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Be careful about what you read about the mifepristone abortion pill. The standard chudge shitler essentially killed its approval after a 7-day stay (in an expected incredibly stupid opinion), then about 10 minutes later a federal judge in Washington State mandated that the FDA does absolutely nothing, complete with a preliminary injunction.

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1644474146716352512

Get your vasectomies y'all and if it all goes horrifically bad like mine did, give me a yell and I'll get you to the right doctors to fix it (brb running 3 miles).

It’s also used to treat type 2 diabetes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tiny Timbs posted:

It’s also used to treat type 2 diabetes

And post‐partum haemorrhage, and endometriosis. Do they want more people dying in childbirth? This will help.

The FDA was not empowered to regulate the practice of medicine. Either they allow a drug or they do not.

Congress recently opened a hole in this wall w/r/t medical devices, which I think is a bad idea because of exactly this sort of situation, but now it’s law.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Notahippie posted:

I remember the one about a sword engraved in honor of the first battle of Bull Run.

oh yeah I remember that one too now

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
The GOP wants to destroy the government's ability to regulate things. This helps achieve that with the bonus of cruelty to women.

Hooray for the loyal opposition.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

facialimpediment posted:

Apparently the origination point for this one (the Ukrainian war plans leak), per bellingcat, is the Minecraft Map Discord channel

NO THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE BAKHMUT YOU loving [heated gamer word]

Funny you should bring that up

Tythas posted:

they discovered even more since, that poster was copying those docs over from another discord based on racism

(TFR CW/air power crosspost)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jessicavalenti/status/1644429445699100672?s=46&t=fppHBZSlD4AbSz5pJxjFMQ

Anti-choice people are deeply weird and bad.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Also note that because Elon hates substack, clicking the link has twitter warn you against following it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Ardlen posted:

Also note that because Elon hates substack,

gently caress, now he and I have something in common

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mlmp08 posted:

gently caress, now he and I have something in common

Don't get too upset about this. You two also both breathe oxygen.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Don’t a lot of online CHUDs make a lot of money via Substack?

What’s Musk’s beef with it? He’s not getting a cut?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I guess. This is the same poo poo he pulled with Mastodon.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
The dilution of the Empire from zealous fascists into something more marketable long predates Disney, but it's still weird to see a country with a very problematic history cosplaying as the Space Nazis, no matter how tongue in cheek.

https://twitter.com/clashreport/status/1643905623069736961

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

star wars just needs to die already

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

The dilution of the Empire from zealous fascists into something more marketable long predates Disney, but it's still weird to see a country with a very problematic history cosplaying as the Space Nazis, no matter how tongue in cheek.

We did the same poo poo with Darth Vader and a bunch of stormtroopers at the Space Force birthday ceremony and our invasions were more recent. Everyone wants to be the Evil Empire, they just don't like it when a retired cowboy calls them that.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Midjack posted:

We did the same poo poo with Darth Vader and a bunch of stormtroopers at the Space Force birthday ceremony and our invasions were more recent. Everyone wants to be the Evil Empire, they just don't like it when a retired cowboy calls them that.

Funny how all these people love to be "rebels" until it's rebels vs genocidal fascists and then guess who they love.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Cugel the Clever posted:

My man have you been to Disneyland recently?

https://youtu.be/6oN7hlneIz8

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Platystemon posted:

Don’t a lot of online CHUDs make a lot of money via Substack?

What’s Musk’s beef with it? He’s not getting a cut?

Substack just debuted a Twitter clone. Since Elon is a chuddy right-winger, he's seen all of his grifter influencers on substack a lot. He wants them to use twitter only, while also killing off a competitor (that isn't even close, substack has $20M in revenue).

He probably had another mastodon-esque hissy fit and yelled at someone WHY ARE WE HELPING COMPETITORS?!? and so staff dusted off the code that nuked external links.

He's really bad at this. He's likely reading the "old internet modernization models are dying" articles and convinced himself that he will be the first to find another way. He's already killed the standard model (company gets free labor in popular posts, monetizes it by selling ads to all the eyeballs brought in by the posts), so he's desperate.
https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1644487304638083072?t=1W-DlYzkTAC7rm4Y9CKTTw&s=19

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

star wars just needs to die already

I'm afraid I have some bad news:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1644309847133806595?t=T6jE3lYi4s7Tw_XkC2wtEA&s=19

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
star wars is tight. star wars fans, however, are NOT tight

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

maffew buildings posted:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

maffew buildings posted:

Yeah they’re probably flabby as gently caress on average op.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

maffew buildings posted:

All fandoms suck.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

maffew buildings posted:

Went to wedding reception where bride & groom decided to come out wearing stormtrooper helmets. Elderly guests were confused & younger guests who know the franchise wondered if they had lost a cruel bet. They also hired Star Wars cosplayers to wander around which might be good for a six year old’s birthday but just felt weird.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

They also hired Star Wars cosplayers to wander around which might be good for a six year old’s birthday but just felt weird.

Yeah I don't wanna yuck anyone's yum, but that is kinda loving weird. Playing music from the movies is one thing (full disclosure, we did this at my wedding), but hiring cosplayers to wander around is a bit :chloe:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah I don't wanna yuck anyone's yum, but that is kinda loving weird. Playing music from the movies is one thing (full disclosure, we did this at my wedding), but hiring cosplayers to wander around is a bit :chloe:

Now coming dressed as your favorite Star Trek character is way to go.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh yeah understand a little bit but it was way too much. I enjoy some of the films but the extreme fans are baffling.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 8, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Crab Dad posted:

Now coming dressed as your favorite Star Trek character is way to go.

As long as you pull a Riker Maneuver to sit down.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Stormtroopers are literally Nazis so feel free to poo poo on people who do this imo

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 8, 2023

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
So here's a very regional current event:
(Disclaimer: Sorry for the wall of :words:, read to the end or skip it and just check the end)

Around 50 polish lorry drivers have gone on strike and set up camp at a German Autobahn rest-stop just south of Frankfurt since the 30th of March.
They've gone on strike because their supremely-lovely boss of a polish international logistics company hasn't been paying them for months. The only power they have rests in the tractor units for the lorries, which are company-owned.
They haven't been hindering traffic or causing any other inconvenience since they set up, the cops have even swung by daily to see if everything's IN ORDNUNG.
They've also had support from several union-advocacy groups and the chairman of the German Federation of Trade Unions.

Fast-forward to the morning of Good Friday, April 7th. The owner of the logistics company has apparently enlisted the services of "famous private investigator" Krzysztof Rutkowski (he does actually refer to himself as the most famous polish private investigator in Poland) and his PMC :airquote: security services provider :airquote: "Rutkowski Patrol". Rutkowski himself has a bit of a history with shady "extraordinary international extractions" that he and his company did for clout since they had a deal with a Polish TV show and he may or may not have abused his diplomatic visa in the process.

But take my reporting on Mr. Rutkowski with a grain of salt, so to avoid bias, let's have a look at the man.

Okay, that's not fair, that's just an old Wikipedia pic making him look like a comical villain. Surely, his more recent lifestyle makes him look better.

Okay, this is probably all confirmation bias, let's disregard that the man has had some success and maybe likes expensive cars, gold chains, and pocket-rats.
Surely, the practices of "Rutowski Patrol" are all above board, to the letter of national/international law, and not at all scummy.

Oh, what's that? He loaded up 20 thugs in tactilol gear into several fake-official LEO vehicles (including, but not limited to, a mine-protected APC and a re-branded 90's style US police cruiser), recruited 20 strike-buster truck drivers into vans, crossed the border and drove 4 hours across Germany to beat up the striking truck drivers and have their trucks drive back to Poland?
Well, whoopsiedoodles.

Here's where their entire plan was foiled by a single Polizei squad car already being at the rest-stop when they pulled in:

Instead of driving past them, whooping up on their countrymen somethin' fierce, and getting out of dodge before the two cops would have chosen to interfere with their little PMC convoy (the aftermath would have been funny as hell, because there's nothing like a national police chase to stop a convoy of paramilitary idiots with 15 trucks in tow that needs 4 hours to get back into Poland), they decided to identify themselves as participants of the strike and let the extremely confused cops inventory and photograph their little convoy.

So the cops decide to stall them and give them a full "license-and-registration"-treatment, while - I assume - the other cop was on the radio going "Jah, Günther? Everything just zuper, just ein kleines little issue: I have ein small convoy of 30+ Poles in TAKTISCHE AUSRÜSTUNG und EIN MINENGESCHÜTZTES PANZERFAHRZEUG hier, could you maybe contact Hans-Dieter and have him send, jah, I don't know, EVERYONE? Jah? Das ist gut? Peachy, super-Hugendubel, mein Freund!"

After like 20 minutes, RUTKOWSKI-PATROL-COMMANDER goes "harumph, am I losing the element of surprise here? eh, what are these two cops gonna do, let's go!"
So they drive past them and do a full clown-car dismount from their MPV and several vans and start surrounding the strike.

Behold, the sheer force of imposition displayed by RUTKOWSKI-PATROL-COMMANDER: (not even gonna -timg this chonky-boi)

Extremely confused German Polizist trying to ascertain what the gently caress is going on as he is still under the impression that the very legal polish strike just got some "somewhat shady" polish reinforcements.

Rutkowski-Patrol members warming their hands and contemplating what to do next due to a lack of coordination:

The situation comes to a boil as the first unionbusters attempt to commandeer a lorry to drive it back to Poland:

A brief melee ensues between the drivers and the unionbusters:

At this point, roughly 6 more German cops have arrived on the scene, but seem to share the confusion of the first officers on the scene, thinking they're still facing an internal argument that got violent (because they someone can't separate a group of day-laborers and a bunch of kitted-up goons arriving in armored vehicles in their head), so they initially side with Rutkowski-Patrol against the strike.
Of particular note should be one particular rookie-Polizist that is faced with 30 angry and - supposedly - violent Poles, so he does the one thing that makes sense to him:
DOUBLE-FIST BEAR-MACE

Nothing comes of the confrontation, as the cops have now isolated the drivers from the union-busters, inadvertantly keeping Rutkowski-Patrol from driving off any more trucks (because they managed to commandeer one previously), so the cops are suddenly faced by a very cheerful and applauding group of Poles that are very much non-violent. Head-cop arrives on scene and goes "Uhhhh, who the gently caress are these kitted-up goons over there and why is there an armored personnel carrier with a Polish license plate blocking the street?!?"

The entirety of the state's police force arrive on scene, and box in all of Rutkowski-Patrol by sheer superiority of vehicles and bodies.

Representatives of the German Federation of Trade Unions also arrive - to great applause of the Polish drivers - and they let the cops know who they actually need to arrest.

Stefan Körzell, member-of-the-board of the German Federation of Trade unions letting the press know just how hot he thinks his moostache is, and that he does not intend to POLIIICE it at all.

Rutkowski-Patrol, here seen contained in the arrest-zone, secured by an inescapable barrier of caution-tape:

End of the story:
- 19 members of Rutkowski-Patrol were arrested
- all Rutkowski-Patrol vehicles were secured
- one or two government officials have probably gotten a phone-call and gone "uuuuuuhhh...?"
- the strike continues

If you'd like to get some while the gettin's good, Polish "news channel" PATRIOT24.TV was embedded with Rutkowski's goons and put the whole thing up on YouTube about 12 hours ago, but I'm assuming it'll be taken down before long when either the authorities or Rutkowski Patrol figure out there's a whole lot of juicy evidence in there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEWCY_QKFvY

Well, that's all for German current events, thanks for listening, namasté

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 8, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So here's a very regional current event:
(Disclaimer: Sorry for the wall of :words:, read to the end or skip it and just check the end)

Around 50 polish lorry drivers have gone on strike and set up camp at a German Autobahn rest-stop just south of Frankfurt since the 30th of March.
They've gone on strike because their supremely-lovely boss of a polish international logistics company hasn't been paying them for months. The only power they have rests in the tractor units for the lorries, which are company-owned.
They haven't been hindering traffic or causing any other inconvenience since they set up, the cops have even swung by daily to see if everything's IN ORDNUNG.
They've also had support from several union-advocacy groups and the chairman of the German Federation of Trade Unions.

Fast-forward to the morning of Good Friday, April 7th. The owner of the logistics company has apparently enlisted the services of "famous private investigator" Krzysztof Rutkowski (he does actually refer to himself as the most famous polish private investigator in Poland) and his PMC :airquote: security services provider :airquote: "Rutkowski Patrol". Rutkowski himself has a bit of a history with shady "extraordinary international extractions" that he and his company did for clout since they had a deal with a Polish TV show and he may or may not have abused his diplomatic visa in the process.

But take my reporting on Mr. Rutkowski with a grain of salt, so to avoid bias, let's have a look at the man.

Okay, that's not fair, that's just an old Wikipedia pic making him look like a comical villain. Surely, his more recent lifestyle makes him look better.

Okay, this is probably all confirmation bias, let's disregard that the man has had some success and maybe likes expensive cars, gold chains, and pocket-rats.
Surely, the practices of "Rutowski Patrol" are all above board, to the letter of national/international law, and not at all scummy.

Oh, what's that? He loaded up 20 thugs in tactilol gear into several fake-official LEO vehicles (including, but not limited to, a mine-protected APC and a re-branded 90's style US police cruiser), recruited 20 strike-buster truck drivers into vans, crossed the border and drove 4 hours across Germany to beat up the striking truck drivers and have their trucks drive back to Poland?
Well, whoopsiedoodles.

Here's where their entire plan was foiled by a single Polizei squad car already being at the rest-stop when they pulled in:

Instead of driving past them, whooping up on their countrymen somethin' fierce, and getting out of dodge before the two cops would have chosen to interfere with their little PMC convoy (the aftermath would have been funny as hell, because there's nothing like a national police chase to stop a convoy of paramilitary idiots with 15 trucks in tow that needs 4 hours to get back into Poland), they decided to identify themselves as participants of the strike and let the extremely confused cops inventory and photograph their little convoy.

So the cops decide to stall them and give them a full "license-and-registration"-treatment, while - I assume - the other cop was on the radio going "Jah, Günther? Everything just zuper, just ein kleines little issue: I have ein small convoy of 30+ Poles in TAKTISCHE AUSRÜSTUNG und EIN MINENGESCHÜTZTES PANZERFAHRZEUG hier, could you maybe contact Hans-Dieter and have him send, jah, I don't know, EVERYONE? Jah? Das ist gut? Peachy, super-Hugendubel, mein Freund!"

After like 20 minutes, RUTKOWSKI-PATROL-COMMANDER goes "harumph, am I losing the element of surprise here? eh, what are these two cops gonna do, let's go!"
So they drive past them and do a full clown-car dismount from their MPV and several vans and start surrounding the strike.

Behold, the sheer force of imposition displayed by RUTKOWSKI-PATROL-COMMANDER: (not even gonna -timg this chonky-boi)

Extremely confused German Polizist trying to ascertain what the gently caress is going on as he is still under the impression that the very legal polish strike just got some "somewhat shady" polish reinforcements.

Rutkowski-Patrol members warming their hands and contemplating what to do next due to a lack of coordination:

The situation comes to a boil as the first unionbusters attempt to commandeer a lorry to drive it back to Poland:

A brief melee ensues between the drivers and the unionbusters:

At this point, roughly 6 more German cops have arrived on the scene, but seem to share the confusion of the first officers on the scene, thinking they're still facing an internal argument that got violent (because they someone can't separate a group of day-laborers and a bunch of kitted-up goons arriving in armored vehicles in their head), so they initially side with Rutkowski-Patrol against the strike.
Of particular note should be one particular rookie-Polizist that is faced with 30 angry and - supposedly - violent Poles, so he does the one thing that makes sense to him:
DOUBLE-FIST BEAR-MACE

Nothing comes of the confrontation, as the cops have now isolated the drivers from the union-busters, inadvertantly keeping Rutkowski-Patrol from driving off any more trucks (because they managed to commandeer one previously), so the cops are suddenly faced by a very cheerful and applauding group of Poles that are very much non-violent. Head-cop arrives on scene and goes "Uhhhh, who the gently caress are these kitted-up goons over there and why is there an armored personnel carrier with a Polish license plate blocking the street?!?"

The entirety of the state's police force arrive on scene, and box in all of Rutkowski-Patrol by sheer superiority of vehicles and bodies.

Representatives of the German Federation of Trade Unions also arrive - to great applause of the Polish drivers - and they let the cops know who they actually need to arrest.

Stefan Körzell, member-of-the-board of the German Federation of Trade unions letting the press know just how hot he thinks his moostache is, and that he does not intend to POLIIICE it at all.

Rutkowski-Patrol, here seen contained in the arrest-zone, secured by an inescapable barrier of caution-tape:

End of the story:
- 19 members of Rutkowski-Patrol were arrested
- all Rutkowski-Patrol vehicles were secured
- one or two government officials have probably gotten a phone-call and gone "uuuuuuhhh...?"
- the strike continues

If you'd like to get some while the gettin's good, Polish "news channel" PATRIOT24.TV was embedded with Rutkowski's goons and put the whole thing up on YouTube about 12 hours ago, but I'm assuming it'll be taken down before long when either the authorities or Rutkowski Patrol figure out there's a whole lot of juicy evidence in there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEWCY_QKFvY

Well, that's all for German current events, thanks for listening, namasté

That guy's fashion sense is pretty powerful

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
"So the cops decide to stall them and give them a full "license-and-registration"-treatment, while - I assume - the other cop was on the radio going "Jah, Günther? Everything just zuper, just ein kleines little issue: I have ein small convoy of 30+ Poles in TAKTISCHE AUSRÜSTUNG und EIN MINENGESCHÜTZTES PANZERFAHRZEUG hier, could you maybe contact Hans-Dieter and have him send, jah, I don't know, EVERYONE? Jah? Das ist gut? Peachy, super-Hugendubel, mein Freund!""

This gets the nomination for best quote of the year. Goddamn did I need the laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Polish Pinkerton story is very funny.

Voted 5.

P.S.: What happened to the one truck that was commandeered? How far did it get?