Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Matt Zerella posted:

I just keep looking at the game in hand. It's locked in baby.

The game in hand is vs. Florida who will have to win to make the playoffs most likely.

Devils in 6

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

WeaponX posted:

Trouba throws big, clean, cornfeed hits I’m sorry you can’t handle that but I’m sure you guys will quote the rulebook at me multiple times this post-season!

He's only in the NHL because the rangers best strategy to win a playoff series is to hopefully injure the other team's best player. We've seen this happen before.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

no one should be rooting for the Devils. they have an insanely good cap structure, tons of young talent at all positions, what seems like a pretty good GM/front office staff, and a very forward thinking owner who embraces the poo poo out of analytics.

they will most likely be a dynasty very soon and win multiple cups, and then you all will be as annoyed by them as people were by Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA, Detroit, Tampa, and some of the other perennial contenders of recent years.

now compare that to the big beautiful Rangers who have a bizarre cap structure, some young talent that was projected high but is being turned into Jed Ortmeyer and Tanner Glass by Jed Ortmeyer and Tanner Glass, an all time moron owner, and a GM that either makes really good deals or does Buchnevich-for-Blais. we are likely to be very boom and bust and make space for other teams.

I still dont think the Devils have payed enough for letting Scott Stevens give half the league CTE for a decade so that is why I will cheer against them.

I also dont think the Rangers have payed enough for winning Messier one last Cup or for allowing Trouba to be Stevens 2.0 so I will also cheer against them.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

He's only in the NHL because the rangers best strategy to win a playoff series is to hopefully injure the other team's best player. We've seen this happen before.

I know you are prone to hyperbole but lmao he's perfectly fine as a second pairing dude.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Everyone post their favorite second line pairing trouba hit:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I could almost like the Rangers if it wasn't for (*pulls out huge scroll like Chris Jericho and starts reading off names*)

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 8, 2023

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Nobody would be happier if the rangers got rid of Trouba and his lovely contract than me but if you really think the only reason he is in the NHL is because he throws hits that injure paper-mache players then you are beyond delusional. stop letting the rangers live rent free in your head, your team is good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Furnaceface posted:

I still dont think the Devils have payed enough for letting Scott Stevens give half the league CTE for a decade so that is why I will cheer against them.

I also dont think the Rangers have payed enough for winning Messier one last Cup or for allowing Trouba to be Stevens 2.0 so I will also cheer against them.

It's a different sport now (a way better one) but Stevens was a WAYYYYYYYYYYy better player.

WeaponX posted:

Nobody would be happier if the rangers got rid of Trouba and his lovely contract than me but if you really think the only reason he is in the NHL is because he throws hits that injure paper-mache players then you are beyond delusional. stop letting the rangers live rent free in your head, your team is good

This conversation was about which team was more hatable the rangers or the devils. I'm almost 40 and the rangers have been a punchline for the vast majority of my life, they aren't living rent free anywhere.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 8, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Bad enough he's overpaid and lives for free in Pittsburgh, now he gets it in Newark too!?!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Mike_V posted:

It's really funny how much water St. Louis media, management, and fans carry for this guy. The Blues are gonna waste Thomas and Kyrou's peak years and pick between 10th and 16th for several drafts in a row. It's gonna be dark for a while

I was reading whatever Blues article and it reminded me that Peter loving Chairelli is a top executive with the Blues at the moment (VP of something).

The mail bag Rutherford gets is funny, every question is “how do they unload the blue line” and even Rutherford, who absolutely carries a lot of water for the Blues, is just like “uhhhh, no one is going to trade for these bad contracts.”

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

This conversation was about which team was more hatable the rangers or the devils. I'm almost 40 and the rangers have been a punchline for the vast majority of my life, they aren't living rent free anywhere.

the rangers are very hatable I mean check this hat out

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

WeaponX posted:

the rangers are very hatable I mean check this hat out

Lmao. Nice white girl brunch hat, trouba.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Wonderllama posted:

Everyone post their favorite second line pairing trouba hit:

I like to call him Troomba, like Don used to.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jacob Trouba is a saint there should be ten more Jacob Troubas in the NHL.

I am really happy that speculating about possible Trouba headshots is completely overshadowing McDavid being the 6th player ever to hit 150pts in a season.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 8, 2023

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Oh my god Devils/Rangers is going to be so fun. I am really looking forward to the playoffs this year. It could elicit some of the finest posting we've ever seen.

I hope so. I know me and T-Bone are gonna be going at it. but some of the other Devils fans need to get in character. this is Pittsburgh-style posting:

mcmagic posted:

You got a dude (who sucks at actual hockey) going out there trying to give out concussions and injure star players. What would you like me to call it?

i'm a traditionalist. Devils fans should be praying their own guy concusses other guys and bitching about goalie interference and how they're not boring and how the state is actually very pretty. they shouldn't be the ones who are whining about dirty hits to other teams' players.

mass media may ruin everything, but goddamn I don't want every fanbase to sound the exact same. Boston's still going strong with the racism, Toronto's got the Charlie Brown hopelessness down pat, Flyers with the self-hate, Pittsburgh with the "I don't know if I wanna be associated with this league" stuff, Vancouver with Sisyphus-to-9th-place routine...I don't want everyone to just be an optimization analytics nerd. that poo poo sucks if it's all you have

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

I could almost like the Rangers if it wasn't for (*pulls out huge scroll like Chris Jericho and starts reading off names*)

Moss-covered, 3-handled family gradunzel stepped down in 2015 but is still an advisor.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I hope so. I know me and T-Bone are gonna be going at it. but some of the other Devils fans need to get in character. this is Pittsburgh-style posting:

i'm a traditionalist. Devils fans should be praying their own guy concusses other guys and bitching about goalie interference and how they're not boring and how the state is actually very pretty. they shouldn't be the ones who are whining about dirty hits to other teams' players.

I'm more than confidant that toronto will play their role in the series.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

WeaponX posted:

Trouba throws big, clean, cornfeed hits

Hell, same, nothing feels better in the m- oh, nm

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

I am really happy that speculating about possible Trouba headshots is completely overshadowing McDavid being the 6th player ever to hit 150pts in a season.

No one outside of Edmonton cares about Edmonton and the players that play for them, even if that includes the best player to play the game since Lemieux. :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

McDavid is French for "The 6th best".

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

no one should be rooting for the Devils. they have an insanely good cap structure, tons of young talent at all positions, what seems like a pretty good GM/front office staff, and a very forward thinking owner who embraces the poo poo out of analytics.

they will most likely be a dynasty very soon and win multiple cups, and then you all will be as annoyed by them as people were by Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA, Detroit, Tampa, and some of the other perennial contenders of recent years.

now compare that to the big beautiful Rangers who have a bizarre cap structure, some young talent that was projected high but is being turned into Jed Ortmeyer and Tanner Glass by Jed Ortmeyer and Tanner Glass, an all time moron owner, and a GM that either makes really good deals or does Buchnevich-for-Blais. we are likely to be very boom and bust and make space for other teams.

It’s truly amazing how the moment that Dolan turned his eyes on the Rangers things got (slightly) shaky and the Knicks became a normal basketball team

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Furnaceface posted:

No one outside of Edmonton cares about Edmonton and the players that play for them, even if that includes the best player to play the game since Lemieux. :v:

Would it make a difference if he was in Arizona or Buffalo?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
https://twitter.com/golifromczech/status/1644828321954545664?s=46&t=xoMNc_jsM64CKlCQosUcrg

e: Probably shouldn’t talk too much here, last time the Flyers had multiple 100 point players the same season was Clarke and Barber in 75-76.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 9, 2023

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
NCAA mens national championship on ESPN+, 1st intermission, Minnesota up on Quinnipiac 1-0. In case anyone is so inclined.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aces High posted:

Would it make a difference if he was in Arizona or Buffalo?

Of course not.

I also really cannot stress this enough; he is a black hole of personality. No matter how good he is at the game it will never really do anything for himself, his team, or the league as long as he is the most boring and robotic stock answer emotionless player to exist.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Jacob Trouba is a saint there should be ten more Jacob Troubas in the NHL.

He's also at 64 goals so still a chance at 70 and hopefully passes Ovi's 65. And 4 points from Yzerman's 155.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Since he has no remaining games against Boston, I hope he does it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
drat now the stars have 2 points over the Avs

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Stuart Skinner, just Calder trophy or both Calder and Lady Byng?

Discuss

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

just saw that loving TNT has the cup finals this year

oh well, guess I get to suspend my espn+ sub that much quicker

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Ebug goalie alert in the montreal/toronto massacre

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1644855375013769216?t=VURiUzQyFUQGqAvndpEeTw&s=19

At this point, I'm more concerned with clinching a top 3 pick than I am the lottery.

That said, if there's some scenario where Columbus winning eliminates Pittsburgh from playoff contention, I'll allow it.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Leafs could have put the kid in for the entire 3rd and even if he let everything in, it would have been a tie.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Furnaceface posted:

Trouba should never be compared to Scott stevens

Trouba never gang raped anyone so it’s pretty insulting to compare him to a rapist

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Tampa are under .500 on the road this season and have allowed 29 19 goals against in the last 3 games and they were giant whiny pissbabies to the refs for all 3 games

Are the Leafs finally getting out of the first round?

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 9, 2023

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

https://twitter.com/IslesMSGN/statu...s1_c10&ref_url=

Tell us how you really feel Bo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Dirty Burger posted:

Tampa are under .500 on the road this season and have allowed 29 goals against in the last 3 games and they were giant whiny pissbabies to the refs for all 3 games

Are the Leafs finally getting out of the first round?

They’ve let in 9 goals a game?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Aphrodite posted:

They’ve let in 9 goals a game?

Oops that was supposed to say 19, still probably not the dumbest part of that post either

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Ginette Reno posted:

Today I am rooting for The Penguins, the Capitals, and (*checks notes*) the...Flyers?

Interesting. Let's go Philly. No dogshit garbage play today, thanks.

Well, poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bruins win their 62nd. They just have to win one of their next three games to set a new NHL wins record.