Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
This game is bonkers sometimes. Playing negative and two games in a row get X-Mansion and it spits out Electro for me. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, I don't think bots know how to use Galactus. Turn 5, they play it on....The Bar with No Name. Which causes both Wolverines to respawn there, then Knull on turn 6.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Here's what I'm rocking today for Sinister London

Just a regular Destroy deck, but with a few changes. Spider-Man is there to Sinister London on 5 to almost guarantee a win on 6; also helps with Galactus. Shuri and Knull are both Big (or Big enabler) cards. Knull in particular is more effective than usual because of how many things get destroyed. I even won a game against a Nimrod when I locked off two lanes, they snapped on 6 and I thought that must be destroyer and my at-the-time 1 Power Knull became a beast (don't rely on this, Nimrod decks aren't that prolific). And Shang Chi is there in case Make Big Thing went wrong and they Made Big Thing first, preferably behind Spidey again.

It does have bad matchups, most notably being Shuri or anyone that wants to run Cosmo. Which sounds like it might be a lot but today at least most people are trying to Galactus or Out-Destroy my deck and that hasn't happened yet. Played this for about 1 hour, going from 40 to 46.8, with only 1 loss if Sinister London appeared (curse you Cosmo).

# (1) Nova
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (3) Venom
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Knull
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZlbm9tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2h1cmkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktudWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJZb25kdSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybmltWm9sYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyTWFuIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
genuinely didn't think shuri decks could get wilder, but i'm seeing ramp into shuri into destroyer into knull multiple times today and, christ. i think it's to leverage the hot location since destroyer on it kills the other destroyer and pumps knull massively?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Is this really the right time to make shuri's best location a hot location?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ninurta posted:

So, I don't think bots know how to use Galactus. Turn 5, they play it on....The Bar with No Name. Which causes both Wolverines to respawn there, then Knull on turn 6.

I think bots just don't understand locations

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

sirtommygunn posted:

I think bots just don't understand locations

I just had one Heimdall all his cards onto bar with no name so yeah.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm not even doing my dailies today. Sinister London is horrible for my deck.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Bots either cheat so that you have no chance of winning, or they cheat so that you have no chance of losing. The real game is figuring out which one is which as soon as you can.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So Adam Warlock is in my shop right now.... I really like playing Galactus decks, and I already have Yellowjacket. Is Adam Warlock worth it to get? And if so, who should I replace him and Yellowjack with in my current deck?

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

DurosKlav posted:

Game has gone from playing a few hours every day to just doing dailies because I am so sick and tired of shuri, and I bet I'm not the only one. They are doing a good job at killing their own game.

Been playing this game since launch but I’m uninstalling today because of how the featured location abuses the top deck (Shuri). Why would they use this location?? What a slap in the face to the normal human non-sweaty, non-try hard players…just a complete and absolute tone deaf decision by whatever intern idiot dev is in charge of that poo poo. A shameful display.

I’m sad I bought two season passes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The only thing that can get gamers to quit a game.... a strong black woman..... makes u think

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Ninurta posted:

That's not a bot, it's just a typical galactus player. If they ever got smart we'd be in trouble.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Born in Bexhill posted:

Been playing this game since launch but I’m uninstalling today because of how the featured location abuses the top deck (Shuri). Why would they use this location?? What a slap in the face to the normal human non-sweaty, non-try hard players…just a complete and absolute tone deaf decision by whatever intern idiot dev is in charge of that poo poo. A shameful display.

I’m sad I bought two season passes.

Well that's a downer. Also, Jeddit's MODOK deck is an absolute blast with this location.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 9, 2023

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So Adam Warlock is in my shop right now.... I really like playing Galactus decks, and I already have Yellowjacket. Is Adam Warlock worth it to get? And if so, who should I replace him and Yellowjack with in my current deck?

I'd say if you value the pick no. It's a viable add to Galactus but most people moved off it a long time ago.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maneck posted:

Well that's a downer. Also, Jeddit's MODOK deck is an absolute blast with this location.

Probably, but my MODOK deck is also a Shuri deck.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
This thread: I hate featured locations that encourage you to not play cards.

Also this thread: I hate Sinister London.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

CitizenKeen posted:

This thread: I hate featured locations that encourage you to not play cards.

Also this thread: I hate Sinister London.

I don't hate Sinister London. It's a fun location! It's not very good for my deck that I want to play, and I don't want to switch decks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You don’t really need Kang here IMO

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Just drop Cosmo on Sinister London. No more double Shuri, no more double Taskmaster.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Just opened up Shuri and I don't think I've ever had worse luck with a deck. I've played 20 games with it so far and have not drawn Red Skull a single time. I've had to triple check that he's actually in the deck

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Sorry, part of Shuri being top tier is that she's only top tier when played against.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Walla posted:

I'm not even doing my dailies today. Sinister London is horrible for my deck.

That’s what other decks are for :)

I didn’t make a new one but MODOK with board flooding and double on reveals is pretty awesome

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

GarudaPrime posted:

I'd say if you value the pick no. It's a viable add to Galactus but most people moved off it a long time ago.

Got it, didn't know Galactus decks moved away from him. I think my pick might be better saved for more universally-good cards like Sera and Spider-Man

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Scrap Dragon posted:

Just opened up Shuri and I don't think I've ever had worse luck with a deck. I've played 20 games with it so far and have not drawn Red Skull a single time. I've had to triple check that he's actually in the deck

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Shuri doesn't have poo poo under most circumstances, everyone is just unlucky enough to face her when the stars align in her favor. I've had the worst losing streak with her lately that she's totally benched. gently caress that deck. Everyone prepare your butts for Galactus supremacy leading up to his inevitable nerf in a month or so. Then whoever else is in 1st place will have their nerf, and so on until we're all playing with gray lumps of cardboard and every game ends in ties and participation trophies.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

New Leaf posted:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Shuri doesn't have poo poo under most circumstances, everyone is just unlucky enough to face her when the stars align in her favor. I've had the worst losing streak with her lately that she's totally benched. gently caress that deck. Everyone prepare your butts for Galactus supremacy leading up to his inevitable nerf in a month or so. Then whoever else is in 1st place will have their nerf, and so on until we're all playing with gray lumps of cardboard and every game ends in ties and participation trophies.

Says the guy that played Shuri to infinite for the first time :v:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah but it doesn’t win *every* game so it’s not broken, you see

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't even know how you'd nerf Galactus, making him 1 or even 0 power isn't going to do much since the power all comes from other cards in that deck.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Galactus is still a negative win rate deck lol

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Opopanax posted:

I don't even know how you'd nerf Galactus, making him 1 or even 0 power isn't going to do much since the power all comes from other cards in that deck.

Make it so his cost can't be reduced

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

stev posted:

That’s one way Nimrod would see more play

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Walla posted:

I don't hate Sinister London. It's a fun location! It's not very good for my deck that I want to play, and I don't want to switch decks.

This just doesn't work. The absolute best and easiest way to climb is abusing hot locations. Playing a deck that doesn't work for them is just shooting yourself in the foot for no good reason.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Make armor and profx keep the locations safe

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

uXs posted:

This just doesn't work. The absolute best and easiest way to climb is abusing hot locations. Playing a deck that doesn't work for them is just shooting yourself in the foot for no good reason.

Make an unranked mode with a different hot location every day to encourage silly and constantly fresh metas, and take away hot locations from ranked mode.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

stev posted:

That keeps Knull and Death out of it but I switched to a T6 Galactus last month and it's just as viable. It's not as much of an instant win as dropping Death/Knull, but you also don't get the instant retreats from opponents.
Nimrod, Wolverine, and Nova are all great there , and if I can get a Forge, Okoye or Shuri out beforehand even better. Making it so you can't reduce his cost would just make him win more often

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bottom Liner posted:

It got me to the brink but couldn't get me over the edge. I had to use an entirely different deck for that. And like I've said in the past, people have figured out the deck and are countering it left and right and Galactus has taken center stage now.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Galactus doesn’t need a nerf

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Sandwolf posted:

That’s one way Nimrod would see more play

Speaking of Nimrod, I slotted him into my Shuri deck to great effect with this hot location

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

uXs posted:

On this note, what's a good one for the current hot location?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Tom Smykowski posted:

On this note, what's a good one for the current hot location?

Junk, Negative, and Lockjaw all killing it.

Any Ongoing heavy is also very strong here. Goose is probably MVP though, stops so many decks dead.