Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

ASAPI posted:

Andor is a political thriller that just happens to take place in the Star Wars universe.

Blaster AK goes brrrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Blast Fash, Eat rear end.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
My lightsaber experience was that it was worth the wait to get to see and touch the sabers. Had to wait in the sun for an hour to get there but it was worth the wait and an incredibly tailored experience with a dedicated light saber salesperson answering all our questions and letting us really play examine them closely.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Discussion Quorum posted:

Somewhere on these forums (probably a previous incarnation of this thread) someone encouraged me to give Andor a try and honestly? It's good. Star Wars for grown-ups. Seemingly driven by relatable characters instead of merchandising tie-ins and fan nostalgia. Naturally Disney will do their best to never make that mistake again!

It’s the best drama in the last few years (and I thought Better Call Saul was great) and if I Think You Should Leave didn’t exist might take the crown for top show.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Andor's Space Jacksonville/Brighton is the most real Star Wars has ever been.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Andor's Space Jacksonville/Brighton is the most real Star Wars has ever been.

That struck me as well. Andor is a surprisingly good show.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Would it surprise anyone to learn that Clarence's yacht buddy has a signed copy of Mein Kampf? Yeah, me neither.

quote:

When Republican megadonor Harlan Crow isn’t lavishing Justice Clarence Thomas with free trips on his private plane and yacht (in possible violation of Supreme Court ethics rules), he lives a quiet life in Dallas among his historical collections. These collections include Hitler artifacts—two of his paintings of European cityscapes, a signed copy of Mein Kampf, and assorted Nazi memorabilia—plus a garden full of statues of the 20th century’s worst despots.

In 2014, when Crow’s house was included in a public tour of historic homes, a reporter from the Dallas Morning News visited. Apparently, Crow was visibly uncomfortable with questions about his dictator statues and Hitler memorabilia, preferring to discuss his other historical collections: documents signed by the likes of Christopher Columbus and George Washington; paintings by Renoir and Monet; statues of two of Crow’s heroes, Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher.

But despite Crow’s discomfort, the reporter did manage to see the garden of dictator statues, describing it as a “historical nod to the facts of man’s inhumanity to man.” Among the figures in the “Garden of Evil” are Lenin and Stalin, Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceausescu, and Yugoslav dictator Josip Broz Tito.

Crow, the billionaire heir to a real estate fortune, has said that he’s filled his property with these mementoes because he hates communism and fascism.

Suuuuure.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Over here is my massive collection of Nazi poo poo. And over HERE is the garden of evil filled with communists.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

We did our wedding recessional to the victory march from the end of the original Star Wars, haters can fight me.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Next time my wife and I are visiting my family in SoCal, we have an agreement that we’re going to Galaxy’s Edge and I get to be as big of a Star Wars dork as I want. It’s not like I have a set of stormtrooper armor in my closet.

I’m totally getting a lightsaber and fulfilling the dream I’ve had since I was 10 years old

Handsome Ralph posted:

The lightsaber experience was worth every penny. I legit thought it was going to be a gimmick I rolled my eyes at throughout but nope, poo poo owned.

Bonus was the kid next to me who was so excited throughout. Like you couldn't not get excited with how geeked out he was.

My mom and I wandered Downtown Disney about 6-7 years ago while in Orlando and it was then I realized how screwed she and my dad would've been if they had all the Star Wars stuff when my brother and I were kids, because my sub-10 year old rear end totally would've had a custom lightsaber and probably some other pricy stuff.

Hell, low 30s me wanted one and considered building a custom, plastic Droid to be named FU-69 for grins.

(e- Oh, there's an entire lightsaber building EXPERIENCE now? I thought it was just the retail stor---Jesus CHRIST, $250 a pop :stonklol:? https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/savis-workshop-handbuilt-lightsabers/)

Platystemon posted:

I was also wondering this, so I forums searched it.

He told that story in the January and March CE threads, so that’s probably where we both remember it from.

I figured I'd told it once but didn't remember I told it twice.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 9, 2023

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

CBJSprague24 posted:

(e- Oh, there's an entire lightsaber building EXPERIENCE now? I thought it was just the retail stor---Jesus CHRIST, $250 a pop :stonklol:? https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/savis-workshop-handbuilt-lightsabers/)

You wait in line outside with minimal shade for the opportunity to buy them. The 1 on 1 experience is amazing and intimate. Lightsabers are larger and heavier then I expected but had a sold feel when holding them.

Plus they had Count Dooku’s saber and he was played by enteral badass Christopher Lee!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah the whole thing was awesome, but we spent a solid chunk of change for the one day we were there. We're DINKs though, so, worth it. Pretty sure if this place existed when I was a kid, my dad would have yelled that I was lucky to even go there and no, I may not get a lightsaber.

One of the bigger reservations I had about going to begin with (before my wife surprised me), is I would read stories about all these neckbeard Star Wars fans getting pissy that kids and their families would be able to do the "fun" parts on the Millenium Falcon ride or ruin their immersion. gently caress that. I'll argue that half the damned excitement I got was seeing kids get as excited as I was.

Millenium Falcon ride spoilered because someone might care We got grouped with some parents with two kids that were like ten, so the ride staff gave my wife and I the engineer roles which amounted to sitting in the two furthest seats back in the cockpit and smacking some buttons when prompted. Did not care, those kids got so damned into it, and when they prompted the "pilot" to finally hit the lightspeed lever after dog fight sequence, this ten year old kid is so loving jazzed and I'm in the back yelling "PUNCH IT!". All smiles while we walked away from that thing. The whole damned ride was just pure :3:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Stultus Maximus posted:

Would it surprise anyone to learn that Clarence's yacht buddy has a signed copy of Mein Kampf? Yeah, me neither.

Suuuuure.

It's ok, the Wall Street Journal has been kicking The Truth about this being a smear campaign and the anti-job creator narrative so the truth will come out soon

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Handsome Ralph posted:

when they prompted the "pilot" to finally hit the lightspeed lever after dog fight sequence, this ten year old kid is so loving jazzed and I'm in the back yelling "PUNCH IT!". All smiles while we walked away from that thing. The whole damned ride was just pure :3:

I got to throw the lever and absolutely yelled “punch it, chewie” before I did.

For me, galaxy’s edge was cool but we didn’t really get to do it right, considering we had a 7yo and twin 5yos, but when grandma fronted the bill for a week at Disney, I’m not complaining. Only souvenir I brought back from the parks are the thermal detonator coke and sprites, since you can’t get that anywhere else.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Stultus Maximus posted:

Suuuuure.

Possession of that poo poo needs to be treated the same as when Hank Hill was offered a cigar. “oh, you probably didn't realize this, but this is nazi. I'll just go ahead and destroy it for you.”

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Suuuuure.

Harlan "Jimmy" Crow there can't be too embarrassed about it if he opened his house to a public tour.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status/1644749302705582083?s=46&t=FHccstty13K-F_YbTtwfVg

:lol: if true.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

this loving ruled, thank you

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Stultus Maximus posted:

Suuuuure.

His use of "man's inhumanity to man" is a direct quote of Ben Ferencz, who died a couple days ago. Netflix had a great documentary about him called Prosecuting Evil which appears to no longer be available.

What a poo poo-rear end news combo that is.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, that's all for German current events, thanks for listening, namasté

:lol: thank you for sharing this.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
This is equal parts shameful, appalling, and in a way utterly bewildering.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/comics/2023/04/08/jerry-craft-new-kid-school-trip-book-ban/

Short version: guy writes and draws two books featuring a POC kid in a new school, they are wholesome and charming and very popular.

Result: Welcome to all the book ban lists, bucko! Apparently for no reason other than 1) authoring while Black, and 2) multiple counts of Black protagonist in positive light

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Eyes Have It posted:

This is equal parts shameful, appalling, and in a way utterly bewildering.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/comics/2023/04/08/jerry-craft-new-kid-school-trip-book-ban/

Short version: guy writes and draws two books featuring a POC kid in a new school, they are wholesome and charming and very popular.

Result: Welcome to all the book ban lists, bucko! Apparently for no reason other than 1) authoring while Black, and 2) multiple counts of Black protagonist in positive light

Landing on ban lists in Florida, Texas, and parts of Pennsylvania is a badge of honor.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Midjack posted:

Harlan "Jimmy" Crow there can't be too embarrassed about it if he opened his house to a public tour.

Everything about this dude makes him sound like a Dixie Mafia boss from Justified.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah the whole thing was awesome, but we spent a solid chunk of change for the one day we were there. We're DINKs though, so, worth it. Pretty sure if this place existed when I was a kid, my dad would have yelled that I was lucky to even go there and no, I may not get a lightsaber.

One of the bigger reservations I had about going to begin with (before my wife surprised me), is I would read stories about all these neckbeard Star Wars fans getting pissy that kids and their families would be able to do the "fun" parts on the Millenium Falcon ride or ruin their immersion. gently caress that. I'll argue that half the damned excitement I got was seeing kids get as excited as I was.

Millenium Falcon ride spoilered because someone might care We got grouped with some parents with two kids that were like ten, so the ride staff gave my wife and I the engineer roles which amounted to sitting in the two furthest seats back in the cockpit and smacking some buttons when prompted. Did not care, those kids got so damned into it, and when they prompted the "pilot" to finally hit the lightspeed lever after dog fight sequence, this ten year old kid is so loving jazzed and I'm in the back yelling "PUNCH IT!". All smiles while we walked away from that thing. The whole damned ride was just pure :3:

I love this poo poo.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I'm happy they let the weirdo Krassenstein brothers back on Twitter

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1464841223215083523?lang=en

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Old tweet but still valid:
https://twitter.com/scotusreporter/status/1522724746093285380?s=20

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

I've seen these guys in my feed but should they be avoided?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

They’re grifters/scammers but somehow okay because they’re part of the #resistance on Twitter.

I’ve blocked them both so I don’t see their poo poo when I’m on the increasingly racist bird site.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

CBJSprague24 posted:

in addition to what pantsless said, they wrote this lovely kids book

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Midjack posted:

Landing on ban lists in Florida, Texas, and parts of Pennsylvania is a badge of honor.

Yeah that pretty much just means you wrote a good book. Should put it on the cover in foil like a Caldecott or Newbery Award.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

orange juche posted:

That guy's fashion sense is pretty powerful

I'm kinda disappointed the poster didn't post the best rutkowski picture out there

This was before he decided that yes, this is the hairstyle he needs to rock for the rest of his life

Don't ask me how it remains so square all of the time. :iiam:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I'm kinda disappointed the poster didn't post the best rutkowski picture out there

This was before he decided that yes, this is the hairstyle he needs to rock for the rest of his life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAsHSeyK_7A

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Hairspray, and wrap it in a semi-stiff plastic sheet till it dries.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bro asked his barber, “you ever eat steak tartare?”

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CBJSprague24 posted:

No idea who they are. I have had Twitter installed for years and not used it, and in the last few weeks it’s been alerting me to tweets about Trumps many legal woes. I literally have never tweeted, retweeted, liked, blocked or followed anyone. I have it installed so I can click through on threads and read them easier than in the awfulapp browser.

So with that said I don’t know if they’re legit, thus: :lol: if true.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

They’re grifters/scammers but somehow okay because they’re part of the #resistance on Twitter.

I’ve blocked them both so I don’t see their poo poo when I’m on the increasingly racist bird site.

They also spawned this classic

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

armpit_enjoyer posted:

He's still trying to figure out how to throw sonic booms.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1644823723034259459?s=46

Enjoying a nice long chuckle at this perfidious Zionist conspiracy aimed at undermining… a perfidious Zionist conspiracy.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/Jill_Hamilton/status/1644897683080089600

Redemptive violence without ethical or legal constraint to achieve internal cleansing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Pardon the patchy headed dipshit, I'm sure he'll enjoy going another round through UCMJ with a bunch of officers who are pissed about all the bad press.