Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Devo posted:

My change (and I've said this before): Galactus should destroy his own lane. Buff his power if you want to; I don't care. Destroying the other two lanes makes no sense.
If I was designing form scratch, it would probably be something like 5/10 "On Reveal: Change this Location to 'At the end of the next turn destroy this location'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

:eyepop:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I honestly don’t mind Galactus, though the trick of immediately trying to ruin their game plan has lost me some games when it turns out I’m playing a Destroyer deck instead.

The thing that bothers me about Galactus is the same as what bothered me about Spidey+Absorbing Man. A T4 Galactus into a T5 Spiderman or Doc Ock just takes away my ability to interact with the board and frustrates me.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What if Galactus destroyed his own lane and locked it in as a "win" for whoever played him, regardless of what cards were there, but they still needed to win at least one other lane before game end?

Would keep an Electro on the board to prevent a Death/Knull play, prevent excessive Wolverine/Nimrod fuckery. It's still useful since winning one lane is easier than winning two, but you'd have to plan out your earlier turns a little more.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 10, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
with as much lane lock as there is it is not hard at all to ensure you win one lane in 5 turns

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Hobo Clown posted:

What if Galactus destroyed his own lane and locked it in as a "win" for whoever played him, regardless of what cards were there, but they still needed to win at least one other lane before game end?

That would be the most broken card since black lotus

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Just spitballing :shrug:

I personally think he's fine as he is. I lose with his deck plenty of times, but understand why he's frustrating to play against. I definitely get the most emotes thrown my way when someone interrupts it.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Hobo Clown posted:

Just spitballing :shrug:

I personally think he's fine as he is. I lose with his deck plenty of times, but understand why he's frustrating to play against. I definitely get the most emotes thrown my way when someone interrupts it.

This is probably why they’re so liberal with emotes when they pull it off.

I don’t want them to nerf the card directly I’d love for more cards to be viable or other cards to be made that can interact with him. I don’t think they’ll ever neuter him because of his series status.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I think it's pretty engaging and unique to play and play against, far from solitaire as well. And the stats don't point towards it being a problem so I hope they don't change him up. Theoretically the perma-S5 cards should all have a playable version that's competitive and I think current Thanos and Galactus are there. Kang is more niche in that he doesn't enable a deck but he's strong enough in control lists and with Galactus in tandem that he's also fine. High Evo seems like he's going to be nuts.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
it's stupid and should/will be changed eventually. ten percent of the ladder being this garbage is unreal. oh T4 doc oc pulled my prof x now the match is unwinnable that's so interactive and totally like other matchups.

T4 sandman/leech is also up there btw. I get that this is a game with a lot of hard counters but T4 lockouts are just bad (and fixable).

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

No Wave posted:

it's stupid and should/will be changed eventually. ten percent of the ladder being this garbage is unreal. oh T4 doc oc pulled my prof x now the match is unwinnable that's so interactive and totally like other matchups.

Whoever gave you that avatar really go to their moneys worth

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Thanos is pretty strong because he's got the best ramp card in the game built in. My turn 3 time stone (that draws and still let's me also play a 2 cost) into turn 4 leech or dino is the biggest swing in many of my games

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 11, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

"Red Goblin Variant"

So he's not loving GREEN Goblin then is he? :smuggo:

I saw this deck pop up and gave it a shot and it's actually quite fun! Plus it has Debrii, so anti-Galactus kinda.
https://snap.fan/decks/234486/

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 10, 2023

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Make Galactus destroy your hand once you play him. Hope you have a good top deck!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If your hand deck and board is empty and you play Galactus you win the game

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He destroys all the locations and deletes the app from both player's phones.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
He changes your avatar and gives you a new title on an unfunny dead comedy forum.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

When you play Galactus he uninstalls your opponents game. This makes thematic sense because

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
doesn't really make sense thematically that the only planet which survives is the one Galactus visits

gameplay-wise I get that they have a mechanic that's interesting and powerful but it doesn't really fit Galactus that well

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

How many times in the comics did he come to Earth and it survives? The implication is if you don't beat him he eats the last location too. They should just add another graphic for that so it's more obvious.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
What if Galactus was 4 Energy, 2 Power with "On Reveal: At the end of the next turn if you have the greatest power at this location, destroy this location."? That feels more thematic. Shows he is a threat and heroes can show up to prevent this.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 11, 2023

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Darke GBF posted:

doesn't really make sense thematically that the only planet which survives is the one Galactus visits

gameplay-wise I get that they have a mechanic that's interesting and powerful but it doesn't really fit Galactus that well

Bottom Liner posted:

How many times in the comics did he come to Earth and it survives? The implication is if you don't beat him he eats the last location too. They should just add another graphic for that so it's more obvious.

yeah this, the mechanics are more than fine thematically - Galactus eats two planets and then there is a final confrontation on a world that he hasn't eaten yet in order to save it/stop him

the real Galactus flavor fail is that SG doesn't stop him

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

Bisse posted:

Anyone had success with hit monkey yet? It seems like a tricky card to get working with not very high reward. Previous season cards at least I understod quickly how to use in multiple ways, but this one seems super specific.

IMO he's the most useful season pass card since Zabu. I've been playing a Hazmat/Sera deck today that got me through 80 easily. His base stats are awful, until Bast/Sera make him a 1/3, and you're copying him with Absorbing Man and dropping them both alongside Mysterio. Obviously you won't typically have every piece of that combo every game, but he's effective enough even when you only land part of it. I think he's a natural fit for a Mr. Negative list also but I haven't really tried it.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Crummelhorn posted:

IMO he's the most useful season pass card since Zabu. I've been playing a Hazmat/Sera deck today that got me through 80 easily. His base stats are awful, until Bast/Sera make him a 1/3, and you're copying him with Absorbing Man and dropping them both alongside Mysterio. Obviously you won't typically have every piece of that combo every game, but he's effective enough even when you only land part of it. I think he's a natural fit for a Mr. Negative list also but I haven't really tried it.

Yeah I hit Infinite over the weekend with the deck you’re talking about. It’s great at farming bots and can put out a really strong and unexpected T6, especially if you haven’t telegraphed the Cage/Wong/Hazmat angle. It is pretty draw order and location dependent so that can be frustrating if you’re running cold. Really unflavored vs Sandman or Galactus, so if you queue into a person running that you have to wait a couple minutes before requeueing. I think I stubbornly faced one person seven times in a row over the weekend when I should have just waited.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

DrOgreface posted:

Yeah I hit Infinite over the weekend with the deck you’re talking about. It’s great at farming bots and can put out a really strong and unexpected T6, especially if you haven’t telegraphed the Cage/Wong/Hazmat angle. It is pretty draw order and location dependent so that can be frustrating if you’re running cold. Really unflavored vs Sandman or Galactus, so if you queue into a person running that you have to wait a couple minutes before requeueing. I think I stubbornly faced one person seven times in a row over the weekend when I should have just waited.

Did you run the negative version? Post your list!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Galactus is fine from a balance standpoint, but from a design standpoint he's terrible. A standard Galactus deck can be responded to pretty easily by holding back on initiative, out-powering the Goblins, and playing Shang-Chi on turn 6, but a surprise Galactus in a deck that isn't suited for him normally feels awful. Shuri is extremely unbalanced, but she plays by the rules of the game - it's just very, very hard to respond to the gameplay her deck builds. Galactus changes the rules of the game completely, and turns it from a normal Snap match into "Can you beat the Galactus"

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Bottom Liner posted:

Did you run the negative version? Post your list!

Can’t conveniently post a pic. List was Bast, Angela, Hit Monkey, Cage, Hazmat, Zabu, Mysterio, Bishop, Wong, Absorbing Man, Shang, Sera.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

What I've learned from Marvel Snap is, if Galactus shows up and there's a rock there he refuses to eat his dinner, the two other locations. So I run Debrii.

For how much the developers like to make lore friendly synergies, like Shuri + Black Panther, it sucks that Silver Surfer has no synergy with Galactus.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

DrOgreface posted:

Can’t conveniently post a pic. List was Bast, Angela, Hit Monkey, Cage, Hazmat, Zabu, Mysterio, Bishop, Wong, Absorbing Man, Shang, Sera.

Cool, this is the one I'm trying

# (0) Yellowjacket
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Adam Warlock
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Hazmat
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Debrii
# (4) Wong
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (5) Magik
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWWVsbG93amFja2V0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFYm9ueU1hdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWRhbVdhcmxvY2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikx1a2VDYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQc3lsb2NrZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGF6bWF0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29uZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWJzb3JiaW5nTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWdpayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVicmlpIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Maw and Adam all but guarantee the rest of your combo. Snap aggressively when you have them by 3 but run from Sandman.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Chainclaw posted:

What I've learned from Marvel Snap is, if Galactus shows up and there's a rock there he refuses to eat his dinner, the two other locations. So I run Debrii.

For how much the developers like to make lore friendly synergies, like Shuri + Black Panther, it sucks that Silver Surfer has no synergy with Galactus.

Yeah, I’ve been running Debrii in my Hazmat lists too, both for the constant Galactus and to fill up the board before a double Hazmat or whatever. I’ve also been playing this
lately and like it for Hit Monkey too. Witch may be less necessary if the hot/featured location isn’t awful, I just got Goose last night but it seems fine so far.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

This is a great loving variant. I almost wish I had the 5k in tokens.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I bought the season pass for the first time and got...Baby Hawkeye as my first mystery variant. Could've been worse, I guess.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Its always amazing when you switch decks you start seeing decks you didnt before. Its almost like matchmaking is based off what you're running.

Played all afternoon, and not a single spiderman. Switched decks around 6pm and I've been flooded with them.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Scamming all day all night (they retreated on snap)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Welp.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DurosKlav posted:

This is a great loving variant. I almost wish I had the 5k in tokens.

If it's any consolation, they hosed up the background so it has the ugliest splits in the game.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Squirrel Girl doesn’t need to be changed but if her ability was Central Park for both players that’s a funny kind of lore friendly way to stop galactus

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

the_american_dream posted:

Squirrel Girl doesn’t need to be changed but if her ability was Central Park for both players that’s a funny kind of lore friendly way to stop galactus
This is the best answer

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.
Enough of this M’baku bashing, I say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jedit posted:

If it's any consolation, they hosed up the background so it has the ugliest splits in the game.

Pretty sure they fixed it.