Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Libra posted:

I know this is a page back, but what breed is this dinosaur/dog? She looks very similar to mine, and we've never gotten a consistent answer as to what her breed is.

She’s a chihuahua. She is very chihuahua.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

It’s blocked in NY ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saudi Arabia responsible for no towers on NY WiFi?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Re: dice chat, I bought some through this store that are nice - the set/link I bought is gone but here’s a photo of them

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Not everyone has a Vin Diesel to gently caress

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is this good for my racing pigeon?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's probably just caffeine, so a pigeon will likely have eaten worse.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

But are they provably fair???!!!

I want provably unfair. 1s and 20s only please, Excitement Dice.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I got this set of dice: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001998958646.html

72 pretty sparkly dice and a little velvet bag to hold them for under :20bux: Each of the 6 sets comes in it's own clear plastic baggie so if you want cheap spare sets to give away it works for that too.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Is this good for my racing pigeon?

Before the pic loaded I was thinking it might be something for a Flying Pigeon, which is a Chinese make of bicycle (IIRC a straight knockoff of a 1930s Raleigh).

I bought a used one when I was a student in Beijing for like $20, thing was incredibly heavy and had some fairly anachronistic brakes, but I found myself getting really attached to it. It was a little rusty so I treated myself to a brand new one when I left, thinking I'd get a nice new bike that was already boxed up for airline transport. I think it was like the equivalent of USD$50?

Naturally, when I opened it up to put it together, there were several defective parts brand new from the factory which I would have had to get machined (this was in the late 00s, don't think I could find anyone selling parts from China).

I left it in my parents' garage for a year or two, then put it up on a local marketplace with an optimistic price of $200 (what I paid for bike + transport fee on the plane) in "As is" condition, thinking at worst could drop the price in a month or two. I think the listing was up for a couple hours before a Chinese law student messaged me and paid full asking price. He picked it up in a convertible.

That's my Flying Pigeon story!

edit: here's a stock pic of one:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Pigeon is probably a good name bc that thing looks light enough to float away on its own

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Flying pigeon is a nostalgic early industrial brand like Seagal camera. Each of those brands has (had? I know Seagal died) emotional attachment to a city too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pure road bikes are normally skinny as gently caress. Gotta save weight where you can, especially when you're working in steel.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Some random finds as I try to bore myself to sleep:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804773735933.html

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2400013553853_6

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2400013553853_9

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2400013553853_8

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

stephenthinkpad posted:

Flying pigeon is a nostalgic early industrial brand like Seagal camera. Each of those brands has (had? I know Seagal died) emotional attachment to a city too.

I wanna say it was Shanghai for the bike, although I was living in Beijing.

I had a Seagull TLR and a couple off brand ones (Mudan*), stocked up at the photography market before I left as souveniers for photography enthusiast friends back home. I don't think I ever paid more than the equivalent of USD$10 for them, maybe the Seagull was a little more. By the time you get to the Mudan it's likely a 4th gen knockoff: I'm pretty sure Mudan copied Seagull, who copied Yashica, who copied Rollei. It was perfectly fine though, here some shots I took with it while I was living there (the colours are weird because it's cross processed slide film).

I meant to get one of the little 6x6 folding Seagull's but never got around to it.

*different characters and all, but I got back into studying Japanese recently and was amused to find out "mudan" is a homophone for "irresponsible" in Japanese :v: (IIRC it's "peony" in Chinese).

Killingyouguy! posted:

Pigeon is probably a good name bc that thing looks light enough to float away on its own

Not exaggerating when I say it weighed like 50lbs, Google seems to corroborate it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
People in the 1930's were just not that good at metallurgy and frame design.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Speaking of bringing bikes from China, before pandemic I brought a folding 14" aluminum bike back from China. Fitted it in a large language bag with ease.

I could have brought from ebay but that combination of color was not available online.

"Fnhon" started out selling copycat of Dahon 612 folder but they soon developed their own longer wheelbase folders.

Edit: if i am going to China for a long trip next time I want to get a copycat brompton, you can get one for about 600usd.

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 11, 2023

mystes
May 31, 2006

stephenthinkpad posted:

Edit: if i am going to China for a long trip next time I want to get a copycat brompton, you can get one for about 600usd.
I sometimes fly to places where I end up renting a bike and that adds up extremely quickly so if copycat bromptons are readily available that could be pretty tempting if I could manage to fit one in my checked luggage and then move most of my luggage to big carryon bag or something. Not sure how practical that would actually be but it sounds cool in theory at least.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

mystes posted:

I sometimes fly to places where I end up renting a bike and that adds up extremely quickly so if copycat bromptons are readily available that could be pretty tempting if I could manage to fit one in my checked luggage and then move most of my luggage to big carryon bag or something. Not sure how practical that would actually be but it sounds cool in theory at least.

I'm on holiday in Malaysia at the moment and I've seen several folding ebikes that appear to be copycat bromptons (but modified to be ebikes with a battery).

This strikes me as the final word in transportation you can throw in airline luggage so keep an eye out for those! If anyone sees that on Ali Express let me know.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You can find an ebike or kick scooter more compact than brompton but bringing the ebike battery on airplane is a problem.

If you want a thing sit in your truck for additional transportation a light scooter is the best IMO. Brompton is a tinkering hobbyist thing since there are so many aftermarket accessories.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

stephenthinkpad posted:

You can find an ebike or kick scooter more compact than brompton but bringing the ebike battery on airplane is a problem.

If you want a thing sit in your truck for additional transportation a light scooter is the best IMO. Brompton is a tinkering hobbyist thing since there are so many aftermarket accessories.

Oh yeah good point, I forgot about the battery being an issue

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

mystes posted:

So I shot a penny farthing race a couple months ago and was asking one of the racers how she flies with it. She said "I just tell the airline it's a bicycle and then walk up to the oversized luggage check with confidence. It hasn't failed me yet".

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ethics_Gradient posted:

So I shot a penny farthing race a couple months ago and was asking one of the racers how she flies with it. She said "I just tell the airline it's a bicycle and then walk up to the oversized luggage check with confidence. It hasn't failed me yet".
I think that's really expensive too, although I guess it you're managing to get a penny farthing through at the same price it would probably be a good deal.

The appeal of a Brompton style folder would be potentially getting it in normal luggage, though.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

The actual answer is Motocompo

mystes posted:

Paying for extra luggage would easily outweigh the cost to rent until it's really long-term, in my experience, but YMMV

E: oops the cat pressed the post button

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 11, 2023

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
For international flights you get 2 large luggage for free. Plus 1 carry on.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

For international flights you get 2 large luggage for free. Plus 1 carry on.
Depends how much you cheap out on the tickets I guess :v: I usually get one carry-on and it's significantly cheaper than buying extra or the next tier up

Something you can't get on Aliexpress, is a patch of Pooh getting punched

The store is here, though that specific one seems to be sold out right now : https://www.ruten.com.tw/item/show?22311222657160

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 11, 2023

mystes
May 31, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Paying for extra luggage would easily outweigh the cost to rent until it's really long-term, in my experience, but YMMV

E: oops the cat pressed the post button
Basically I'm envisioning just bringing minimal clothing and putting all my other stuff in a carry-on bag and only having one checked bag just for the bike and maybe sunscreen, since I've traveled with just a carry-on bag some previous times in the past. I don't know if it would really be worth the trouble though.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Ok, I know I buy too much stuff, but Temu emailing me and calling me gorgeous is over starting to get close to the line.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Ok, I know I buy too much stuff, but Temu emailing me and calling me gorgeous is over starting to get close to the line.

What do you mean? They already know your style. Why wouldn't they think you're gorgeous! rock the swag.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

Basically I'm envisioning just bringing minimal clothing and putting all my other stuff in a carry-on bag and only having one checked bag just for the bike and maybe sunscreen, since I've traveled with just a carry-on bag some previous times in the past. I don't know if it would really be worth the trouble though.

It would totally make sense IMO if your checked bag is included anyway. It's great to have your own transportation even if it's just a clown bike. In terms of clothing I get by with a carry-on too usually.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I take roller skates

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Aliexpress sent me this a while back with the subject:
[FIRST NAME], What happened between us?"

it says:
Don't make us wait...
Let's get together again.

Rediscover the magic

mystes
May 31, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

I take roller skates
I take inline skates when it makes sense but I sometimes go places where that's not really practical because there's just major roads and unpaved stuff.

mystes fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 12, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Unexpected:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0LeljI

E: oh in case anyone was searching:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 13, 2023

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's the bow tie that completes the harness.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A classy cock harness for classy dudes.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Can they really promise that it works on a goose? Have they tried it?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Libra posted:

Can they really promise that it works on a goose? Have they tried it?

Hard to say; so few geese own chickens.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

gently caress me that's good.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Ali seems to think I need an email every time someone looks at one of my 15 outstanding orders. I've been told the same order has shipped like a dozen times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Found another fun keychain
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKNtUms