Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

TeeQueue posted:

By the time I hit the trio of NT guys, I went "well, hm. These enemies are just increasingly thick walls of meat and I am a Netzach main, not a Yesod player." Decided to stop giving a poo poo about turn count.

TeeQueue posted:

[[ 109 turn clear ]]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1645341260750921729?cxt=HHwWgoDR1ZjKttUtAAAA

Update will fix the coin discard, which will make Refraction much tougher, so probably should try to beat it before then.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

LostRook posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1645341260750921729?cxt=HHwWgoDR1ZjKttUtAAAA

Update will fix the coin discard, which will make Refraction much tougher, so probably should try to beat it before then.

Which change is making it harder, and how?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

KazigluBey posted:

Which change is making it harder, and how?
Currently, you are able to "discard" a skill by activating the defensive skill but using the top skill. This would also use up the skill that the defensive skill replaced, meaning you drew two new skills next turn instead of only one.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Arcanuse posted:

managed to blunder through, and get 116 on my third attempt
(many, many fight resets were involved)

don't have much advice to offer, except:
-have someone who can dodge (Warp Don's good) for the cranebot. Can't clash the first crane, but can dodge and it saves a few rounds

So, this is very counter intuitive, but if you do get caught by the cranebot it does this pattern.

1st turn: Defense with protection buff 10
2nd turn: Defense, but with Fragility 5!!!!!

With Fragility 5 you can actually get a good chunk of its health down and can completely ignore the mechanics of that fight. I managed to shave a few turns off when it did that.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

And that's my run done.

Shout out to R Heath staying just above stagger for like half the railway because I didn't want to give up that turn 1 Quick Suppression.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I'm also done with my banner run. Only 119, largely due to the fact that I refused to re-do sub 10 turn stages even if there were fairly obvious way I could've shaved a turn or two off of them.

Now, time to return to MD Grind Slumber.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013
Finally actually starting Railway now that I'm home (wasn't bad to have a few days for folks to start figuring poo poo out, anyway =P) and finding that I just don't understand how to make things die fast. Full stop. I can bring recommended units and weakness-hitting damage types/sin types but I have absolutely no idea how I should be targeting what and when to be doing poo poo like exploding all five dudes on the first wave of the first fight in like two turns.

For the moment I'm just working on getting that first clear done at any speed, but while I certainly don't expect some full-on handholding is there some sort of like, Cliff's Notes for idiots here? I do, at least, more or less understand the mechanics of clashing, etc.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Main thing to chop off turns is abusing R Heath's Quick Suppression, because it slaps down a billion stacks of Fragile on the enemy, and with that you can melt through huge chunks of HP at once. What makes this fiddly is that the Fragile only lasts for the turn, so he has to go before everyone else. But if you manage that, preferably on something that is already staggered, and follow up with something with ludicrously high base damage output (Powered Rip Space is the ideal, but Ting Tang Shank and Wounded Shi Ishmael's 4 Coin Combo are good candidates too), you can kill essentially anything.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Decent guide on steam andhttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2958826280

Also:

Other than that, make sure to use the discard bug to get rid of junk attacks. Makes a big difference.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, the credits song that was sung by Gregor, Rodion and Sinclair's VAs were dropped on the official Youtube so you can listen to them on your own time officially now.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ArashiKurobara posted:

Finally actually starting Railway now that I'm home (wasn't bad to have a few days for folks to start figuring poo poo out, anyway =P) and finding that I just don't understand how to make things die fast. Full stop. I can bring recommended units and weakness-hitting damage types/sin types but I have absolutely no idea how I should be targeting what and when to be doing poo poo like exploding all five dudes on the first wave of the first fight in like two turns.

For the moment I'm just working on getting that first clear done at any speed, but while I certainly don't expect some full-on handholding is there some sort of like, Cliff's Notes for idiots here? I do, at least, more or less understand the mechanics of clashing, etc.
The trick for most of the Abnormalities is to target a weakpoint (ie one of the eyes for the frog, the head for the dog and an arm for the fish) and just go all-in on smashing that part into the ground, only clashing with things if you absolutely have to in order to avoid someone dying or staggering. Keep an eye out for the damage modifer on incoming attacks (the yellow or red number) to pick out what you need to clash with.

If you want to go really loving fast, then bring less than five people so your strongest units get multiple turns. Some of the fastest clears involve just bringing W Don and abusing evasion's recycling if it isn't beaten (and it having a 95% chance to come up heads because of the new sanity mechanics) to negate all incoming attacks.

Other than that, you can bring a support if you don't have R Heath or W Don (who are both S tier for this). You should also spam AoE EGO like Outis's Ebony Stem, Heath's Telepole, Faust's Representation Emitter and Fluid Sac, or most prominently Gregor's Legerdemain. If you have a good Sinclair identity, then abuse his Impending Day EGO on the first, second and fourth fights to build up a good stock of EGO resources by feeding him kills.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 10, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

Also, the credits song that was sung by Gregor, Rodion and Sinclair's VAs were dropped on the official Youtube so you can listen to them on your own time officially now.
looking forward to don quixote's version

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

looking forward to don quixote's version

It will be the most emotional version and you know it.

(Honestly everyone will. Except maybe Ryoshu who will sing it drunk).

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Honestly looking forward to all of the other versions. Hong Lu's especially.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It will be the most emotional version and you know it.

(Honestly everyone will. Except maybe Ryoshu who will sing it drunk).

Ryoshu feels like the one sinner who I can't honestly see having trauma.

Causing trauma for other people, maybe.

But she always seems to be either cooly non-plussed, sadistically delighted, or murderous with no in-between.

Though if the synopsis of the story she is based off of is anything to go by, her chapter is going to be super hosed up.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So when do we get Dante's version?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

TheNabster posted:

Though if the synopsis of the story she is based off of is anything to go by, her chapter is going to be super hosed up.

most mentally stable District 23 resident

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I feel like Ryoshu will have trauma, given how her EGO has her in fetal position, Hell Screen being about an artist who killed his daughter, and her very obvious relations to the fingers between promo art, EGO and Ryoshu fitting the Pinky/Ring (can't remember which one) description of mad artist to a T.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I hope we get some insight into how the Sinners actually joined Limbus Company. We've learned Gregor, Rodion and Sinclair's pasts/backstories but we still don't know why they joined Limbus, or how they (and the rest) got connected to Dante in specific.

Meursault is the chapter that I expect to be really hosed up, half because of his book and half because of how he is.

Hong Lu also intrigues me. For all he's played as the most naive and silly of the sinners, there are some hints in the margins that he's not really as unaware as he seems: He claims once in his base ID that he thought family was, quote, "a cohort of kin looking to stab each other in the back at every turn". Obviously Jia Huan will probably tie into that, but there must be more to it.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Thanks to a medical procedure and some light recovery I haven't really been in the mood for harder content this past weekend. I'm at 32ish turns with pretty decent EGO stocks after four fights, so that's decentish? Team isn't always the fastest damage wise, but it absolutely churns out Fluid Sac/Legerdemain resources.

Gonna try to wrap up a 'just clear it' run sometime tomorrow and then try a sub-120 run if I feel the need before the maintenance? I'm not sure how much harder it will be with double discard gone.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
The Steam guide that just got posted makes me want to see if I can do it again. Sadly I can't bring Kurokumo Ryoshu or N Corp Meursault like it recommends, but hopefully that won't make much difference.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Junpei posted:

Hong Lu also intrigues me. For all he's played as the most naive and silly of the sinners, there are some hints in the margins that he's not really as unaware as he seems: He claims once in his base ID that he thought family was, quote, "a cohort of kin looking to stab each other in the back at every turn". Obviously Jia Huan will probably tie into that, but there must be more to it.
Hong Lu is my vote for 'most hosed up chapter'. Between that line, the scene in Chapter 3 where he's the only one able to lie to Saude while she's dying, and his Liu Uptie story, there is Something Up With That Kid. (Also, while I still haven't read Dream of the Red Chamber apparently his dad is quite the piece of work and also Jia Huan tries to blind him at one point?)

Especially the Liu uptie story. For those who don't have it: Yi Sang points out that it's strange that someone with as much money as Hong Lu has what appears to be a mechanical eye and that surely his family could afford something more subtle, to which Hong Lu says that he can't really help it since he was a 'gem of a child' and Carmen mentions that his voice is shaking when he says that.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Got a 112-turn clear thanks to someone's W Corp Don! But even then, R Corp Heathcliff juuust barely outdamaged her, and G Corp Gregor came in at 3rd thanks to being on Legerdemain duty. Other frequent team members were Kurokumo Hong Lu, Grippy Faust, N Corp Rodya, and Blade Lineage Sinclair. I brought Kurokumo Ryoshu in a couple of times, and the rest - base Outis, Yi Sang & Meursault and LCCB Ishmael - pretty much came in for a fight apiece, though Crow's Eye helped fuel Heathcliff's grazing.

Anyway, knowing how Odysseus's trials through and after the Trojan War go, I imagine Outis's chapter will have plenty of unnecessary trauma she was forced to endure with a smile on her face by wildly incompetent superior officers/corporate board members, given her inspiration's own status as a ranking general. Still don't think she's Dias, because I doubt Project Moon would interfere with that storyline while Distortion Detective is still in development.

Unless, of course, it turns out that she killed and tried to replace her superior, hence why she's calling herself Outis - Nobody - now. But that's more of a long-odds theory.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LostRook posted:

I hope they don't just do that and leave everything else the same. I'm not a game designer by any means, but I think low-light cards in Ruina had a really important use. After the really early parts of the game, low light cards usually did something like restore light, had a bunch of defensive dice, gave a decent buff or were decent attacks in their own right.

In Limbus there's a few that are okay but mostly it's just like... Oh, I guess I might have to waste a turn.

Maybe they should give extra ego resources, or count extra for resonance, or give a temporary extra action next turn or... Something.

Junpei posted:

I hope we get some insight into how the Sinners actually joined Limbus Company. We've learned Gregor, Rodion and Sinclair's pasts/backstories but we still don't know why they joined Limbus, or how they (and the rest) got connected to Dante in specific.

Meursault is the chapter that I expect to be really hosed up, half because of his book and half because of how he is.

Yeah I was disappointed by that, but I feel like they intentionally kept away from doing that so there was a reason to cast a spotlight back on everyone again in the future. Not necessarily in the same format of everyone having a specific spotlight chapter, but running into Hermann/Sonya/Demian again giving some more insight into Gregor/Rodya/Sinclair.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

It was exactly this, yes. :allears:

The second it's For The Bit, all bets go out the window.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The implication from the mini-trailer will be that the Hell's Kitchen.... IDs? EGOs? Will be for Gregor and Ryoshu. Or at least the event will be focused on them. What are you anticipating this being about?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

The implication from the mini-trailer will be that the Hell's Kitchen.... IDs? EGOs? Will be for Gregor and Ryoshu. Or at least the event will be focused on them. What are you anticipating this being about?

Gregor cooking military food vs Ryoshu making artistic food.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

the people that do fights 8~10 in 5 turns flat each are actually inhuman I swear

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I will say that the last fight is super easy if you intentionally intercept, clash and lose against the three 50 Karma attacks turn. Along with burning down Aida the first turn, the fight should go much quicker.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

LostRook posted:

I will say that the last fight is super easy if you intentionally intercept, clash and lose against the three 50 Karma attacks turn. Along with burning down Aida the first turn, the fight should go much quicker.

i spent like 7 turns stalling with defensive die because 99 looks more aesthetically pleasing to me than any of the other numbers I could've gotten at that point tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

What are you anticipating this being about?

https://twitter.com/pongping6666/status/1645256384387350530

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Junpei posted:

What are you anticipating this being about?
https://twitter.com/Cyanarra/status/1644376023113375745?s=20

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Ding ding ding, we have a winner (and a dinner).
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1645781011941425153

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021
It seems that the days of no Ruina spoilers might be over for Limbus. If Pierre's Bistro actually appears in the story, the great unbookening will be spoiled as a natural consequence.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Something something mirror universes.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
That’s still not a spoiler, because every story ID we’ve seen so far belongs to a dead person.

We know her rear end is dead in ruina by now. :v:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

That’s still not a spoiler, because every story ID we’ve seen so far belongs to a dead person.

I think ShoutokuTaisho meant the duo actually physically showing up in Limbus Company properly, and not just as identities.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

Sinclair's Jefe ID is from Aida who survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So I'm finally back from dungeon 3 to report: Kromer was kinda fine, actually? For all I've seen people complaining about her passive, I found it was really easy to gather 3 A Sign which completely negates it. She was still a heavy hitter and I might've been in trouble if I was under level 25, but it was otherwise smooth sailing.

Guess I check out the Railway now? I imagine I'm woefully underprepared for it, but I can give it a shot at least.