Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

the ps3 marshmallow shoulder buttons are way worse

Who in the hell thought convex triggers were a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

I think the gamecube controller has the most satisfying analog triggers I've ever used

i find them kind of annoying tbh

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fungah! posted:

lolling remembering th games guys who thought the plus button on switch was a fuckin tiny dpad

lmao

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

GameCube analog shoulders rule, controller is light and comfortable, control stick has octagonal gating which I miss frequently on other controllers when a game requires fast, precise directional inputs (e.g. Celeste). Great controller.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

i find them kind of annoying tbh

this is more me finding analog triggers annoying in general though. bad for my wrists

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i guess i would have to use the analog stick for celeste because i'm not using larry's fuckin d-pad for it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

GameCube analog shoulders rule, controller is light and comfortable, control stick has octagonal gating which I miss frequently on other controllers when a game requires fast, precise directional inputs (e.g. Celeste). Great controller.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

lolling remembering th games guys who thought the plus button on switch was a fuckin tiny dpad

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bet it was the lil top-less shaft arcade stick guy lmfao. Please be that guy PLEASE.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I bet it was the lil top-less shaft arcade stick guy lmfao. Please be that guy PLEASE.

It was.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_F_e4Bznzk&t=72s

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Gamer confession I always hated the analog triggers on the GameCube controller. Giant hollow plastic where you can hear the spring rattling on the inside like a Fisher Price toy. Dreadful thing.

I hate the haptic triggers oin the ps5 because they give a "modern" version of this feeling.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I hate the haptic triggers oin the ps5 because they give a "modern" version of this feeling.

they suck, every time they lock up on purpose i feel like im gonna snap them

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i turn off the haptic triggers on everything now, because in RE village they are timed to lock after shots so you can't mash it while you can't fire, but they didn't change the timing for the mercenaries levels that speed up the game so I literally couldn't shoot as fast as I needed to clear them and don't trust them anymore

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Fungah! posted:

it was made for larry but it was too big lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i still wish it was true

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

holy poo poo

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I like all the creative hosed up d pads that companies came up with because Nintendo held the patent on having a real functional one

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

quote:

The new mario movie is Alice in Wonderland X Disco Elysium.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

guy who's played one video game and it's disco elysium:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is there a GameCube to PS4/PS5 converter available? I want to make a new challenge for the FGC weekly event

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what is the fgc weekly event?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

b_d posted:

Not much, what's the fgc weekly event with you

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

b_d posted:

Just a little local tournament thing and on off weeks it's been poo poo like mtg drafts or Guilty Gear 1 brackets

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh thought you meant an IZ thing. carry on

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If you're doing this legitimately serious respect, that game gets tough and I have no shame saying I resorted to the Rewind feature a whole bunch. There's no shame in doing that btw even if it's just to put a save-state at the start of the level which is still a super legitimate way of beating the game, helps deal with the game over nonsense of yesteryear.

What game do you think this user is talking about

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pungry posted:

Sweet mercy.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pungry posted:

lmfao