Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

apatheticman posted:

Peak shitlib/neocon thinking is to support the current socioeconomic policies that create drug use and then want to be sheltered from seeing their impacts.

Elon... not you folks.

Same with ranting about homeless people making GBS threads in the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Adenoid Dan posted:

Jailing poor drug users who sell drugs to other poor people doesn't fix anything or get us closer to that.

If they know they can get locked up less people will risk it

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

lil poopendorfer posted:

If they know they can get locked up less people will risk it

How has that been working for us?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Adenoid Dan posted:

How has that been working for us?

Do "we" own a private prison or "lease" "prison labor"?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

East Hastings is like visiting a 3rd world country, it’s something else. I’ve only ever driven it, would never get out and walk that nightmare.

Walked it for great Ethiopian food, among other great places. It is where non-corporate businesses can be found. I won't lie and say it is perfectly safe, but it isn't as bad as the suburbanite babies claim it is.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sickening posted:

I agree. Those that do tide pod challenge on tik tok and get other kids killed is gods plan. Same for folks who might think to spread false information during a disaster that may get people killed, they should die from being stupid and its funny to boot!

There is no public benefit from any censoring of voices! It will never once be used for anything sensible! False information has never hurt anyone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elon Musk..... That God drat clown has done it again

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Elon Musk..... That God drat clown has done it again

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

elgon

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

has anything funny happened today

I can't tell you if anything funny happened today. However, if you'd like, I can try to tell you a joke to make you laugh!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

suck it t sir!

no, not that much!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Non-Euclidean Obesity

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

willa and like 3 people from the succ thread who will use every opportunity to come barreling in and yell at you like a minor character in a thriller from 1995 about how YOU JUST DON'T GET IT MAN but can never explain what they're loving talking about and imply you love the democrats or government if you think "the us government tries to influence the population" isn't all that surprising considering the last 50 years

Willa is cool

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

there is no way this is true

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

“Surely I’ll be the one to make it with the Twitter Files!” I say as I climb over the bodies of others used and tossed aside by Elon Musk

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Sickening posted:

I agree. Those that do tide pod challenge on tik tok and get other kids killed is gods plan. Same for folks who might think to spread false information during a disaster that may get people killed, they should die from being stupid and its funny to boot!

There is no public benefit from any censoring of voices! It will never once be used for anything sensible! False information has never hurt anyone.

Censored for complaining about censorship...sign of tje loving times man

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Grey Fox posted:

obviously the correct conclusion is that Covid was the flu after all and we put all those cases in the wrong statistical bucket bing bong

It is well known the flu killed 3,000 Americans a day for years

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

das hipster posted:

East Hastings is perfectly safe, and they people who live there are actually pretty cool and awesome people. You really shouldn't hold the fact that they've been abandoned by a society that has no use for them against them. Most of the people living on the street there don't want to be but have precious few options otherwise, and I say this as someone who worked in the area for many years.

I’m so tired of cities hoovering in money for non-profits that do little to nothing.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

das hipster posted:

East Hastings is perfectly safe, and they people who live there are actually pretty cool and awesome people. You really shouldn't hold the fact that they've been abandoned by a society that has no use for them against them. Most of the people living on the street there don't want to be but have precious few options otherwise, and I say this as someone who worked in the area for many years.

I have nothing against the people of East Hastings, quite the opposite.

But I would also describe it as a nightmare, and it's also gotten significantly worse in the last few years.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

she said it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hey remember when like a week ago Elon signed onto that letter requesting a pause on all AI development

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1645940821974487040?t=LZaCcqSUm7Dt-kRl2CrdAw&s=19

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

shyduck posted:

Hey remember when like a week ago Elon signed onto that letter requesting a pause on all AI development

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1645940821974487040?t=LZaCcqSUm7Dt-kRl2CrdAw&s=19

Microsoft Taye 100% Speedrun, glitches, no out of bounds.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

He's got money for GPUs but can't pay employee severances

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

shyduck posted:

imagine the smell

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

he's gonna reveal in a month that it was actually a hoax and he bought the GPUs to mine dogecoin as an epic meme

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Jazerus posted:

he's gonna reveal in a month that it was actually a hoax and he bought the GPUs to mine dogecoin for an epic meme reveal

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

shyduck posted:

This is like 90s bad boss in a hack sitcom level poo poo.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
he is so bitter that he missed out on the openai returns/credit

good luck with your racist chatbot sir. i'm sure your anti-woke language model will become the gold standard.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Escape Goat posted:

I have nothing against the people of East Hastings, quite the opposite.

But I would also describe it as a nightmare, and it's also gotten significantly worse in the last few years.

Maybe I've just lived in this shithole city too long, but most of the attitudes I encounter regarding East Hastings are usually pretty foul. I mean, yes, as the economy continues to get worse and it becomes more and more unaffordable to live here, places like East Hastings will reflect that sooner than other parts of the city but, in my experience, when most people describe East Hasting as a "nightmare" they mean it in the sense of "they're all a bunch of filthy animals who should be swept into Vancouver Harbour" and not the sense of "this is a complete disgrace that only exists because we as a nation have decided that since wealth cannot be extracted from these people then they aren't worth anything and can be tossed aside, and we all should be ashamed of ourselves for letting this happen and not getting angry and burning down city hall until they fix the problem".

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
anything funny happen

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

Walked it for great Ethiopian food, among other great places. It is where non-corporate businesses can be found. I won't lie and say it is perfectly safe, but it isn't as bad as the suburbanite babies claim it is.
Less danger, more "oh, there are a lot of people in a really tough spot, and in a lot of pain"

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anything funny happen

elon is building an ai now or starting a crypto mine, he bought a fuckload of gpus and nobody is sure why yet

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ram dass in hell posted:

elon is building an ai now or starting a crypto mine, he bought a fuckload of gpus and nobody is sure why yet

doesnt sound very funny to me...

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anything funny happen

uuuh, no

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ill leave you guys to it then

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks for checking in :3:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

East Hastings is like visiting a 3rd world country, it’s something else. I’ve only ever driven it, would never get out and walk that nightmare.
it's not a third world country, it's a first world country that gives all of its wealth to the richest people in it

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 17:50 on Oct 17, 2023

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

I’m so tired of cities hoovering in money for non-profits that do little to nothing.
good news the money is now being directed to a certain non-profit that will administer daily beatdowns until morale improves

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mola Yam posted:

good luck with your racist chatbot sir. i'm sure your anti-woke language model will become the gold standard.

saying the n-word to stop bombs from going off

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=921VbEMAwwY

Its funny that this is trending on youtube yet nothing from elong

apatheticman has issued a correction as of 03:40 on Apr 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

"AI, create the most epic memes ever to be shared with humanity, so when I post them, everyone will love me and clap. Make sure they convey that I'm a centrist and very cool and smart."