Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

recommended if you love autonoesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

CornHolio posted:

For those into it, Ghost announced a new EP of covers and released this song today, on Easter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE3kJeBr9QI

edit: gently caress it click on it and go to the youtube
Ghost covering a Genesis song about televangelists makes entirely too much sense.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

spun that Hellripper from a month or two ago and uh yeah it's really fuckin good lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

symbolic posted:

spun that Hellripper from a month or two ago and uh yeah it's really fuckin good lol

AOTY for me

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

been working out at home again recently and a decent portion of my workout playlist is just hellripper bangers

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Gio posted:

https://hoplites.bandcamp.com/album/--3

new hoplites

its really loving good

It really is loving good

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
https://raiderofficial.bandcamp.com/album/trial-by-chaos

Hot drat. The production on this.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

https://solanvarma.bandcamp.com/album/s-l-n-varma

This came out a couple of days ago, extremely good black metal

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

This is loving great.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Double post, but y'all had like 12 hours to get onto this.

Have you been missing Skeletonwitch? I would suggest this is a bit thrashier and less atmospheric, but otherwise is gonna scratch a similar itch.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Same for me. Gonna take some beating.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The AI DJ on Spotify doesn't know how to pronounce Goregrind

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/nightshiftmerch/status/1645974993883353088?t=ZQ2IWS3bAzSKdJGkD5aedA&s=19

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
putting nile under pants when karl sanders has been wearing the same camo shorts for over a decade???

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i think besides the upper right its p much just all random

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

someone hasn't seen the famous nile shorts pic

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

on the eve of a new metallica album i'm going to post good metallica content

i've been working on learning disposable heroes on guitar and listened through the demo tapes tonight - their initial take on the song has the solo riff from damage inc in it and it's loving sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxn3cEv0rbA

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I urge us all to give the new Metallica a full listen and post what we think after it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Vintersorg posted:

I urge us all to give the new Metallica a full listen and post what we think after it.

:itwaspoo:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Vintersorg posted:

MetalInjection posted:

While we're on the topic of slowing down, let's talk about the 11-plus minute behemoth of a closer "Inamorata." 

Hard pass.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Been listening to Distance over Time by Dream Theater and it's kind of refreshing how they pared back the song lengths a bit and made the drum production sound actually good.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Southern Cassowary posted:

i've been working on learning disposable heroes on guitar and listened through the demo tapes tonight - their initial take on the song has the solo riff from damage inc in it and it's loving sick

i let their early albums sit for like a year+ at a time, and every time i come back they loving whip rear end, and then i get mad at how bad they have been since the late 90s.

i cannot think of another band that has a streak of absolutely amazing albums from Kill Em All to the black album (its the beginning of the end but its still great). 5 albums all in a row with no skips.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Southern Cassowary posted:

Vocal nerd: the "I was born for dyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing" at 5:45 has the most consistent breath support I've ever heard from James on record and I'm amazed he banged that out on a demo take

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Vargatron posted:

Been listening to Distance over Time by Dream Theater and it's kind of refreshing how they pared back the song lengths a bit and made the drum production sound actually good.

It's a bit ridiculous that it took me about two bars of the opening track to go "yup, sounds like Dream Theater".

The drums seem a bit more prominent in the mix as well.

They still produce prime ripened cheese. Gonna make a controversial statement here: Dream Theater is good, actually. Good cheese.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I still like the occasional proper thrash album.
This is been around for ages, but I only heard the first song...
Its Sphinx
Oh who gives a poo poo, this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIX7gBmUCd8&t=492s

Wee fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 13, 2023

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Antigravitas posted:

It's a bit ridiculous that it took me about two bars of the opening track to go "yup, sounds like Dream Theater".

The drums seem a bit more prominent in the mix as well.

They still produce prime ripened cheese. Gonna make a controversial statement here: Dream Theater is good, actually. Good cheese.

I have yet to listen to The Astonishing because I don't think I could handle a 2 hour concept album with Petrucci lyrics. The only competent lyricists in Dream Theater was Kevin Moore and John Myung and one is no longer in the band the other they only let write lyrics to 1 song per album.

I've loved Dream Theater since high school. I know they're cheesy as poo poo but they do prog metal just about the best as any other band out there. Kind of wish they'd put some handcuffs on Jordan Rudess in the studio though, since he overplays way too loving much on solos.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I can entirely tune out lyrics that aren't in my native language. It's a great ability to have.

The exception is Riverside's new album. I have entirely turned on that one purely because of the lyrics.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
We don't need seventy two minutes long albums. gently caress you

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

drat 70 2 minute long albums is this Agathocles's discography

Piss Witch fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 13, 2023

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

agreed. should be longer.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I don’t really understand complaints about an album being too long. You don’t have to listen to it all at once.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i like short sweet albums, but stuff like the two Ulthar albums are amazing also

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Also Babyklok tour is coming through: Dethklok and Babymetal. I thought they were just memes/cartoons/made up for tv. What the hell

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

remigious posted:

I don’t really understand complaints about an album being too long. You don’t have to listen to it all at once.

Sometimes the overall quality takes a hit because the band keeps adding stuff that doesn't need to be there. Time I by Wintersun has maybe 25 minutes of solid material and then the rest is just unneeded filler.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
I am so sick of acquaintances recommending baby metal to me because I like metal and am a girl. I’m sorry, I just don’t like them! No shade to anyone who does, just not my thing.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Vargatron posted:

Sometimes the overall quality takes a hit because the band keeps adding stuff that doesn't need to be there. Time I by Wintersun has maybe 25 minutes of solid material and then the rest is just unneeded filler.

Sorry to double post but you are totally right. Time I is my least favorite album. I am in fact wearing a Forest Seasons shirt right now lol.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

remigious posted:

I am so sick of acquaintances recommending baby metal to me because I like metal and am a girl. I’m sorry, I just don’t like them! No shade to anyone who does, just not my thing.

I like metal AND jpop idols they just don't do either in a way that's interesting to me. I feel you on this

e: I would however put up with them for the chance to see dethklok

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i think every double album i've heard has at least a single album's worth of chaff on it

i don't like dethklok or babymetal all that much but i think it's cool they exist and will get people into metal

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

remigious posted:

I'll bet you're sick of Nightwish recs too.

Edit: lol I just looked and Time I is only 40 minutes long. I certainly feels an hour long!

Vargatron fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Babymetal is a psyop designed to create more "METAL IS FOR EVERYONE" ppl by the anti-gatekeeping agenda