Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

AvesPKS posted:

Is that just a picture of lovely beer in general, or are those the brands of Bud? If so they're really cornering the market.

That looks like all the brands under AB InBev, which owns Budweiser. Anheuser-Bush and InBev merged way back in 2004. InBev was a Belgium brand and owned a bunch of European and South American beers, and A-B owned a ton of American brands, so they cover a lot of territory.

https://www.ab-inbev.com/our-brands/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's the better bet, because it makes the brand look better to non-shitheads, and the shitheads will be back drinking bud light in a couple weeks anyway.

Also alcohol is an incredibly consolidated market, so chances are good that if a shithead gets pissed off they'll end up drinking one of your other brands out of spite. Which is exactly what happened with a high percentage of the angry twitter/tick tock/youtube/whatever who shot up their bud lights and then swore undying loyalty to another AB InBev brand.

AvesPKS posted:

Is that just a picture of lovely beer in general, or are those the brands of Bud? If so they're really cornering the market.

Those are various beer options owned by AB InBev.

AvesPKS posted:

Eh he's got young kids and I've made this slip before. He's vile and there's plenty of stuff to criticize him for, but I don't see this as particularly egregious.

He's a controlling douchebag who would literally mispronounce "Thai" on dates to weed out the conniving wamen who would dare to correct him. It's 100% a slip of the tongue.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DarkSydeDesantis

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Jaxyon posted:

I've seen studies that say that alcohol consumption per capita is slightly higher among gays and lesbians than straights though I don't know how good that data is.
I would be extremely surprised if that weren't true, speaking as a gay man. Discrimination can cause anxiety and depression, which are of course positively correlated with alcohol consumption.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I have to imagine being less likely to have kids contributes too. Don't have to pick up any kids from soccer practice tonight? Why not open a bottle of merlot?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1646261339361361921

Pence did this too when quizzed on a six week ban. Obviously everyone in the world knows that Mike Pence would sign a full hilt ban but the fact that he can't say it in 2023 post-Dobbs shows how much of an own goal the repeal is going to end up being. This seems to be the strategy they've settled on and, well, I don't think they're going to get to March '24 on this "I'm 100 pct pro-life" poo poo, and not because the media will let them get away with it. The blanket opposition to Roe kind of papered over a lot of differences in the pro-life scene, it united Catholics and Protestants for christs sake. Anyway, you've been telling people that you also believe that abortion is murder to win Republican primaries and those primary voters believe you and they don't want a six week ban, it's not ok to murder a child at six weeks or even one weeks, they want a full ban but if your candidate endorses that you're going to lose and drag the whole party down with you. Be careful what you wish for.

A lot of the "serious numbers" twitter conservatives were melting down today over it because they can see what's happening and they are flailing trying to get a bunch of religious zealots to understand that this was all just a cynical ploy!

https://twitter.com/politicalmath/status/1645777001142165504

That's right.

https://twitter.com/SeanTrende/status/1646156804630499328

I would simply convince people that abortion is wrong, which we haven't somehow accomplished through our 50 year campaign of minoritarian anti-democratic rule.

The drug ruling is a disaster, it's going to give them nothing, it's going to get stayed or ignored, and even women in blue states are going berserk over this

zoux fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 13, 2023

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
So a brand produced some advertising materials that are a bit "progressive" and once again chuds have decided to post pictures of themselves with that brand's merchandise and to scream about the brand to high heaven and give the brand an unbelievable amount of free advertising. Free advertising, mind you, that evades most forms of ad-blocking.

Why haven't they realized this is what the brand wanted in the first place?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Nebrilos posted:

So a brand produced some advertising materials that are a bit "progressive" and once again chuds have decided to post pictures of themselves with that brand's merchandise and to scream about the brand to high heaven and give the brand an unbelievable amount of free advertising. Free advertising, mind you, that evades most forms of ad-blocking.

Why haven't they realized this is what the brand wanted in the first place?

Not to mention Dylan's mentions which are astronomical right now, which is gold for a social media influencer.

edit to add a pic:

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 13, 2023

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

:airquote: diverse :airquote:

(I don't know what I have searched to get these adverts, I blame the VPN)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
What is it? Some weird online rich white people club?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I mean, 1 country made up of 4 smaller countries is pretty diverse. Girl on the left can properly pronounce that one super long town name, they're not monolingual.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Gyges posted:

Also alcohol is an incredibly consolidated market, so chances are good that if a shithead gets pissed off they'll end up drinking one of your other brands out of spite. Which is exactly what happened with a high percentage of the angry twitter/tick tock/youtube/whatever who shot up their bud lights and then swore undying loyalty to another AB InBev brand.

Those are various beer options owned by AB InBev.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's mildly curious how completely invisible North-American beer is in the wide world.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

zoux posted:

Yeah I hope they like Zima

TheIllusionOfChoice.jpg

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Gyges posted:

This is a brand of beer in Finland. "Karjala" is Finnish for Karelia, and there's a lot of historical reasons why that place and name have weight over here, so it's good marketing. The beer is absolutely awful IMO. Anyway! This particular beer brand wasn't doing very well over here by the late 1960's, but funny story. The then-current ambassador of Soviet Russia to Finland, Andrei Kovalev, who was an idiot and was shunted off fairly soon for other reasons, made a comment about the label of Karelia beer being offensive. As you can maybe see from the wikipedia image I stole, it features a "western" style sword fighting an "eastern" style sword. Of course during the Cold War, west fighting east was a bit of a thing. Be that as it may, Finns, being a slightly curmudgeonly people, took offense at this. It was a big thing in the yellow press, and the sales figures for Karelia beer skyrocketed in a couple of weeks.

Drinking beer out of spite is a well-worn tradition.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/sethweathers/status/1646166561919492099

Only $19.99 for a six pack.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The right is getting better at comedy after all.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Had to click his Twitter profile to figure out if this was lampoonery or not. Lmfao

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Rappaport posted:

This is a brand of beer in Finland. "Karjala" is Finnish for Karelia, and there's a lot of historical reasons why that place and name have weight over here, so it's good marketing. The beer is absolutely awful IMO. Anyway! This particular beer brand wasn't doing very well over here by the late 1960's, but funny story. The then-current ambassador of Soviet Russia to Finland, Andrei Kovalev, who was an idiot and was shunted off fairly soon for other reasons, made a comment about the label of Karelia beer being offensive. As you can maybe see from the wikipedia image I stole, it features a "western" style sword fighting an "eastern" style sword. Of course during the Cold War, west fighting east was a bit of a thing. Be that as it may, Finns, being a slightly curmudgeonly people, took offense at this. It was a big thing in the yellow press, and the sales figures for Karelia beer skyrocketed in a couple of weeks.

Drinking beer out of spite is a well-worn tradition.

Yeah, the oldest known version of that sword-logo is from the 1560's so it's not like it was a new thing. There is also a double meaning related to it. "Karjala takaisin!" can mean either "return Karelia" (to Finland, much of it is now a part of Russia) or "take Karelia back "(with you from the shop).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A correction to my previous post

It costs $30 a sixer. I regret the error.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I stopped drinking Bud Light a long, lone time ago. Not for any political reasons but because it's poo poo.

What other no taste piss water brand can real american patriots move on to from here? Because I'm thinking about buying some stock. Someone let me know when a beer comes out where the can is just one big american flag with a bible and a gun in the logo so I can do some day trading.

TIA

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
How hard is it to find one of the 40 local brews in your area who happen to share your politics? Obviously anyone in Utah is poo poo out of luck, but even the middle of nowhere Kansas town my parents live in has at least 3 restaurant/brewery/shops.

Though I guess it's fitting that a groups so weirdly obsessed with bathrooms is determined to drink piss water.

Edit:If nothing else, you local brewery is all but guaranteed to have at least one ridiculous bottle/can art bedecked choice that you're drinking just because it's got a hedgehog with a machine-gun ridding a tank and wearings beret on it.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 13, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ataxerxes posted:

"take Karelia back "(with you from the shop).

No, it can not mean that.

gooby pls
May 18, 2012

Yuengling is run by a chud. Which is a shame cause their Hershey chocolate stout is balling.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

BiggerBoat posted:

What other no taste piss water brand can real american patriots move on to from here?

Pabst?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

I stopped drinking Bud Light a long, lone time ago. Not for any political reasons but because it's poo poo.

What other no taste piss water brand can real american patriots move on to from here? Because I'm thinking about buying some stock. Someone let me know when a beer comes out where the can is just one big american flag with a bible and a gun in the logo so I can do some day trading.

TIA

Happy Dad Hard Seltzer of course.

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1646201595246579713

Ah, hell. Ah poo poo

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

How many sales are they getting from people buying Budweiser to performatively destroy the cans?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

cat botherer posted:

How many sales are they getting from people buying Budweiser to performatively destroy the cans?

IDK but it's probably a good day to buy Nike stock

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/1646523786735554571

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No, it can not mean that.

Yes it can. Karjala takaisin pullo kerrallaan on ikivanha vitsi.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Didn't they already swear off Nike a few years ago when they were burning their shoes over Kaepernick? Nike is really leading the industry in designed obsolescence.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1646530524960239616

Hahaha

This was your number one social policy goal for fifty years and you did it! You should celebrate the thing you have spent your entire political career promising to deliver!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
How soon will all companies realize that it's way more profitable to make products for people to destroy on the internet than to use in real life. Think of the cost savings of using worse inputs in your product because who cares as long as it's flammable.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

poemdexter posted:

How soon will all companies realize that it's way more profitable to make products for people to destroy on the internet than to use in real life. Think of the cost savings of using worse inputs in your product because who cares as long as it's flammable.
This was a plotline in the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

https://mashable.com/article/nfl-fans-burning-jerseys-season-tickets

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Look, they aren't conservative Republicans because they're intelligent.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

I have no idea how comedy writers are still employed because every absurd idea you could possibly have already happens regularly in real life america. wtf

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

poemdexter posted:

I have no idea how comedy writers are still employed because every absurd idea you could possibly have already happens regularly in real life america. wtf

They're actually about to strike specifically because they're not getting paid :eng101:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1646548124272324608

This is fascinating not just for the content but for the recording them talking candidly in caucus. Also they big mad.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Gyges posted:

How hard is it to find one of the 40 local brews in your area who happen to share your politics? Obviously anyone in Utah is poo poo out of luck, but even the middle of nowhere Kansas town my parents live in has at least 3 restaurant/brewery/shops.

Though I guess it's fitting that a groups so weirdly obsessed with bathrooms is determined to drink piss water.

Edit:If nothing else, you local brewery is all but guaranteed to have at least one ridiculous bottle/can art bedecked choice that you're drinking just because it's got a hedgehog with a machine-gun ridding a tank and wearings beret on it.

Utah actually has some really good beers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GerryAdamsSF/status/1646579800377622545

Haha the brits are so mad

https://twitter.com/TheSpectator/status/1646581569874788384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Indistinguishable from satire.