Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Supersonic Shine posted:

That new Ganondorf is loving huge. I can't wait for the second phase of his fight where he tosses the sword away and just beats the poo poo out of you with his bare hands.

If Ganondorf, Warrior grabs and suplexes Link in the final battle this may be the greatest game of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna fuse Ganon to deez

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

WHAT THE gently caress DOES FUSION DO FOR SHIELD SURFIN?!!!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Holy poo poo this looks loving amazing

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Holy poo poo rehydrated Ganondorf looks loving amazing

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
I have no loving idea what was happening in that trailer at all except that this Link guy seems important.

A++. glorious. give me it.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
Gonna need some very attentive nerd to make a lovingly detailed video freeze-framing and explaining each of those eighty-three glimpses please.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Upsidads posted:

WHAT THE gently caress DOES FUSION DO FOR SHIELD SURFIN?!!!

Shield surf on the rocket shield for a charge attack.

Fuse a fan with a shield and surf on it to replace Ravioli's Gale.

Hogama posted:

Looks like Riju got a trim, too, and Sidon's sporting one of the Tears of the Kingdom on that gauntlet. Seems like possibly we're collecting them for our allies?

Tulin has one too

Augus posted:

it doesn't really look anything like what we can see of the pit in BoTW

Ah yeah, looking at it again it only matches "circular cave going down into the ground". Maybe it changes as it goes down? I just want it to turn out Kohga's alive down there

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
TotK: while you were taking over Hyrule, I was studying the toughmelon-eyeball-blade

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1646524951959330817
So does... Ganondorf?
https://i.imgur.com/c9SbLhl.mp4

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, I was holding out for playable Zelda as well but I do not see that happening after this trailer. I would like to be surprised but I doubt it.

Trailer owns otherwise.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

aw poo poo, Zelda, you hosed up and cried for the wrong man

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I like I know it was obvious the second we saw his shriveled corpse and all BUT THEY BROUGHT OUR BOY BACK EVERYONE.

Can't wait for him to style on Link until he inevitably dies some sort of horrifically metal way

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hogama posted:

So does... Ganondorf?

Oh gently caress yes :getin:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m wondering if there will be time fuckery, like two time periods colliding. In that case maybe Zelda isn’t the same Zelda, she’s a Zelda from the past? Two Zeldas?!

Also Goddess’s tears, Ganondorf looks a lot like Demise, sky islands… this is just Skyward Sword isn’t it?!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’m wondering if there will be time fuckery, like two time periods colliding. In that case maybe Zelda isn’t the same Zelda, she’s a Zelda from the past? Two Zeldas?!

Also Goddess’s tears, Ganondorf looks a lot like Demise, sky islands… this is just Skyward Sword isn’t it?!

There was a pirate ship

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope with him looking like WW dorf that we stab him with a downward stab again.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I just wonder what the in-game context is gonna be for the scenes with Zelda. In BoTW they used Link's memories for characterizing Zelda but Link's completely absent in those scenes from the trailer.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Arc Hammer posted:

I wonder if Link gets some weird rear end cursed arm powers like he's Ashitaka.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Don’t think Nintendo will let us de-limb bogoblins with arrows though.

Edit: Link does return-to-sender that big boulder the enemy throws with the power glove’s time rewind, that’s kind of like catching an arrow and shooting it back at some unlucky bastard.

Pulcinella fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 13, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Augus posted:

I just wonder what the in-game context is gonna be for the scenes with Zelda. In BoTW they used Link's memories for characterizing Zelda but Link's completely absent in those scenes from the trailer.

She's sending link videos on Sheikhchat

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I’m assuming quasi time travel is happening for parts of it. Zelda looks like she’s in the past and Link in the present but there has been a fusion of some of the timeline

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

External Organs posted:

She's sending link videos on Sheikhchat

Tik TotK

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

:perfect:

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

hatty posted:

Love that saxophone

Aw, thanks.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

External Organs posted:

There was a pirate ship

and the Zonai constructs are evocative of the Lanayru robots, Zelda's tear tattoos looking like Impa's, and the Master Sword is hosed up and Hylia (Zelda) probably needs to fix it

someone in this topic mentioned awhile back that the funniest outcome to the Zelda timeline would be if BotW is a convergence of the 3 timelines and TotK somehow connects to SS so that it's all just one big circle. I'm hoping for that

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
Guys, they just fused OoT, WW and TP. SMH. :c00lbutt:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The ridiculous, definitely-never-gonna-happen, speculation would be that Zelda gets thrown back in time to the Zonai age, and then you can switch between Link in the present and Zelda exploring the entire map centuries in the past, right?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Comrade Fakename posted:

The ridiculous, definitely-never-gonna-happen, speculation would be that Zelda gets thrown back in time to the Zonai age, and then you can switch between Link in the present and Zelda exploring the entire map centuries in the past, right?

The Legend of Zelda:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Comrade Fakename posted:

It would own if there was a secret Dark World or Dark World type in the game, and Zelda is the one that needs to explore it.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i cant believe this game has donnel from fire emblem

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nintendo isnt gonna pull a Kojima, if Zelda was playable it'd be front a center in the marketing. Shes not even on the cover of the box!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what if the game also has 4k graphics and radiant quests and blitzball and they're not showing it yet

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

External Organs posted:

There was a pirate ship

It’s every 3D Zelda fused into one

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Refridgeraider

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

New thread title

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

hatty posted:

Nintendo isnt gonna pull a Kojima, if Zelda was playable it'd be front a center in the marketing. Shes not even on the cover of the box!

Oh yah, don’t get me wrong, I am pretty’s sure the chances for that are effectively zero at this point.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty posted:

oh yeah well Luigi’s not on the cover of the box for Mario Galaxy either

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
idk I'm actually more convinced after that trailer there could be some playable Zelda segments. You might get some challenge sequences with her where she has to explore/solve puzzles/etc. with nothing but the old Sheikah slate.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I was feeling kinda meh after the abilities preview and this trailer helped me figure out why and got me hyped again. It does an amazing job showing off the scale of everything which is what I responded to in BotW. Abilities are neat and all, but (for me) they're just a means to an end. I want to rub myself all over that game like a cat exploring a new house.

The other trailers were fine, different people want different things and they SHOULD show all that off, this one just feels like it was custom-tailored for me. I thought I'd been losing my sense of joy in my old age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
It's an impossible hope, but the active allies fighting alongside Link make me think they originally wanted to do something like Souls games do where you can do a sort of co-op for certain areas, instead of a Link summon it would be the relevant champion.

Also for sure if there are NPC allies you fight with, Zelda will be a end-game one who just blasts everything with Triforce powers. Maybe some new game+ or something.

Would be interesting how master mode could work, it's sort of a fundamental change to how you manage combat and ally NPCs then need to be able to take commands and be armored/geared/buffed effectively.