Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Overheal Priest absolutely fucks

I cut Pozzik (which never felt good to play) for Svalna for some late-game against Blood DK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Julio Cruz posted:

Overheal Priest absolutely fucks

I cut Pozzik (which never felt good to play) for Svalna for some late-game against Blood DK

Post the deck lists, I’m looking for fun things to play!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Adregan posted:

Post the deck lists, I’m looking for fun things to play!

it's the deck from VS here, tbh even Svalna doesn't feel great either so the last slot is a bit of a question mark for me

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I just realized I opened over a hundred packs and didn't get a single signature card.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

victorious posted:

I just realized I opened over a hundred packs and didn't get a single signature card.

I'm at about 90 packs and haven't either. I did get 6 or 7 legendaries though, so that feels decent.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I have about 50 packs and I pulled a signature One Amalgam Band, which is the main thing makeing me want Managerie Handlock Death Knight to be a thing outside of how fake of an archetype that sounds like.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It only really makes sense to buy packs in groups of 10 right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sandwolf posted:

It only really makes sense to buy packs in groups of 10 right?

Why would you do that?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

RatHat posted:

Why would you do that?

I thought you got some benefit to buying them in chunks of 10 but I may be making this up/harkening back to a long time ago.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
You are probably thinking of the whole ‘guaranteed a legendary card in your first ten packs’ thing which would make buying ten packs from each set worthwhile for dust

After that, the legendary pity timer is 40 packs.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You’re guaranteed a legendary within the first 10 packs of a type you open but that’s about it, and even then you’d want to buy and open one at a time until you get the legendary

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
The FIRST 10 packs of any expansion you buy has a guaranteed legendary. A common recommendation is to buy at least 10 of any given expansion's packs. After that, there is no difference.

e: beaten a lot

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think golden packs are on their own timer too so it might be worth it to buy (up to)10 of them now that they’re available for gold? But that would be 4k gold for 10 packs, and legendaries are on average every 20 packs(which would only be 2k for regular packs) so I dunno. I guess the golden legendary could be disenchanted and would effectively be a ticket for a legendary of your choice though

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Just got dunked on by a rogue that held the mana restore weapon all game, bounced a metric gently caress ton of astalors then refreshed mana + played mc blingtron + bounce around to dump 3 8 mana astalors on my face, each dealing 28 damage due to the blingtron weapon

(I very strongly feel like shadowstep should have gone to wild)

Sorry but that sounds like you never pressured your opponent and got punished? That'd never work against a deck with some initiative.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Sloppy posted:

I'm at about 90 packs and haven't either. I did get 6 or 7 legendaries though, so that feels decent.

I'm at 7 too, not counting the rewards track ones/ETC. I know I'm close to the pity timer though, should be less than 5 more packs for another. I've got the dust for another 2 but am waiting for the meta to settle a bit before crafting. Really want Halveria to go with my signature Felerin though.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Updated this deck still fucks in the current Casual Wild meta:

### Beasty Boys
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 2x (4) Stonebound Gargon
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (10) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAa/XAwTbkQTnuQSwkwXT+AUNuwXZCYEK6rsCoIUDpIgDos4D2+oDlPwDg8gEv9MEvOMEwO0EAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Every game being against control priest or dk kinda makes me want to kill myself ngl

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

There's a tournament running this weekend (apr 15-16) on Solary's twitch channel (https://www.twitch.tv/solaryhs)

There's going to be Twitch drops (2 packs..per day? total? not clear)

They're located in France so the start time of 2PM CET is.like...8 am eastern? 5 am pacific? Not the greatest for US viewers but you can probably catch enough of it to get the drops

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 14, 2023

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I was lucky enough to pull Tony from my packs and deck destroyer warrior has been going really well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not sure what Blizzard was thinking making Paparazzi(3 mana 3/4 Battlecry: Discover a legendary minion) a common. Arena is a loving mess

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Paparazzi is shameless Brightwing power creep

I've been jamming arena in the new rotation since I apparently had 15 unspent tickets and I am averaging 5/6 wins per run (back in the day I would regularly get 10+)

Feels like you don't draft for a good curve or synergy any more, you just full greed and take every single bomb card and overwhelm your opponent

Paladin run currently with 3 disco maul (why the gently caress does this cost 2 mana) and a ton of low drops and I basically have the board locked down and something buffed by +4/+4 around turn 5 which usually forces a concede

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

SMH Paparazzi was not "Battlecry: Discover a Secret".

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
How aggressively is pirate rogue supposed to be played? Is it a full blown face deck like pirate warrior back in the day or are you meant to trade?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

How aggressively is pirate rogue supposed to be played? Is it a full blown face deck like pirate warrior back in the day or are you meant to trade?

I play it pretty much as a full blown face deck, don't trade unless you have to or unless it denies the opponent some ridiculous value. Most games you'll know by turn 5 or so if you're going to win.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

You've also got increment board control in Ship Cannon snipes/Pufferfists, so yeah go all face all the time.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Oh by the way arena is bugged right now and none of the cards on the right side of this image are draftable (you can still discover them though)

Some of them are pretty glaring like fan of knives/defile, and the legendaries like rag/Dr Boom/zilliax

I'd hold off on playing until it's fixed

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Am I the only one conceding as soon as the opponent is revealed to be a blood DK? I have no desire to play through a 35 minute game. Had runs where I had to concede 5 games in a row, but I'd rather not climb than spend 3 hours playing 5 games.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

After moaning in here about my bad legendary I opened two back to back: priest overheal guy and the mage finale spell. Feeling a bit better about my luck now, and I'll be getting more + some dust at the end of the week when I get to pick one of the 6 returning player decks to keep (probably going to be the pure paladin deck)

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

TyrantWD posted:

Am I the only one conceding as soon as the opponent is revealed to be a blood DK? I have no desire to play through a 35 minute game. Had runs where I had to concede 5 games in a row, but I'd rather not climb than spend 3 hours playing 5 games.

nope you're not alone... reminds me of barrens priest.

as it stands right now, it seems that most of the game modes are busted: standard is being dominated by dk (see pic below), wild is being overrun by druid (due to twig, sphere and instrument tech), and arena is bookended by cards such as pack the house and also dk once again.

all in all, looks like a great start to the new expansion. but how about them new signature cards eh?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Just had a turn 5 win thanks to Zombeez, Frenzied Fangs and drawing both banana cards.

Probably helped that my opponent (rogue) went face for literally everything, including spells that would have removed some of those minions. Oh well!

E: Faithful Companion into Banjosaur loving rules. Eat poo poo Thaddeus warlock

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 14, 2023

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

TyrantWD posted:

DK sucks so bad. Gaining ten health whenever they seemingly drat well please is annoying as poo poo.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Who would have thought introducing a class and buffing it to end-of-standard-rotation power levels would turn out to create a horrific monstrosity of a class, once rotation happens and it loses nothing

DK was a mistake

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Last King posted:

nope you're not alone... reminds me of barrens priest.

as it stands right now, it seems that most of the game modes are busted: standard is being dominated by dk (see pic below), wild is being overrun by druid (due to twig, sphere and instrument tech), and arena is bookended by cards such as pack the house and also dk once again.

Nobody but me cares but Duels is completely hosed by the Groovy Cat/Drek'Thar interaction to the point I'm playing Standard again and seriously considering a break entirely until it's fixed.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I'm basically just doing my quests and quitting until they fix Wild Druid, which apparently, will be never.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Desert Bus posted:

I'm basically just doing my quests and quitting until they fix Wild Druid, which apparently, will be never.

That's not true, you're also doing my quests.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Pack the house may be the most absurd arena card I've ever seen, literally 7 mana build a board

If you're even remotely ahead/even you just straight up win right there on the spot

e: lol we got hotfix nerfs already, touching the Big Three

Construct Quarter

Old: 3 Durability
New: 2 Durability

Vengeful Walloper

Old: 6 Mana
New: 7 Mana

Lightray

Old: 9 Mana
New: 10 Mana

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 14, 2023

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
biggest whiff on a hotfix since... forever?

approaching wyatt cheng do you guys not have phones level soon...

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

As someone who consistently held on to 0-mana Lightrays just because I didn't want to blow my hand too early, I don't think that actually does anything

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
It takes longer to get them to 0 level and some games you can't afford to hold on to them that long.

No surprise on the DK nerf, they should have done that in the first go round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mayveena posted:

It takes longer to get them to 0 level and some games you can't afford to hold on to them that long.

No surprise on the DK nerf, they should have done that in the first go round.

Does it? I feel like every Paladin I play against always has both out by turn 6.