Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

If Dallas doesn't take the division, and I think there's a good chance it doesn't happen, gonna be funny that they couldn't ever beat the Canucks. Not even once.

That's independently funny. And really surprising to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jhet posted:

That's independently funny. And really surprising to me.

They haven't beaten the Canucks since 2019.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The games have been weird, too. It always looks like Vancouver just...inexplicably has their number. Wildest drat thing to see in person.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's only 6 games, although that's still a lot when it's the recent Canucks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://records.nhl.com/records/team-records/winning-streaks/longest-winning-streaks-vs-franchise-active

The last time New Jersey beat Nashville, Brian Boyle scored the game winning goal.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

The games have been weird, too. It always looks like Vancouver just...inexplicably has their number. Wildest drat thing to see in person.

Aquilini hates Gaglardi so much I wouldn't be surprised if he uses some intermediary to post $50k on the board whenever they play the Stars.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I am fine with whoever Colorado faces. Lots of fun matchups

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

heehee posted:

anyone have a link to all the different scenarios tonight

yeah I'm probably gonna crank off

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ThinkTank posted:

Aquilini hates Gaglardi so much I wouldn't be surprised if he uses some intermediary to post $50k on the board whenever they play the Stars.

I would support this endeavor, if it meant Gaglardi lost his poo poo over it. Go for it, Canucks. You have my full blessing.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Landeskog is not returning for the playoffs. That’s bad, hope he’ll be okay to play again next year.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It's unsurprising at this point. I really have to question Colorado's moves at the trade deadline this year though, cause I think they are hosed in the playoffs.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If the Avs won the Cup would Landeskog skate out to receive it anyway, or would MacKinnon or someone do it

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Speaking of the Canucks and also speaking of Toews don't the Canucks have a history of signing captains from teams that have previously beaten them in playoffs?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

If the Avs won the Cup would Landeskog skate out to receive it anyway, or would MacKinnon or someone do it

Stamkos dressed up to lift the cup in 2020

He only had 2:47 TOI in that year's playoffs.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^^ yeah, he came out, scored a goal, then hosed off before returning to lift the cup.

He also played a game and scored a goal. That was a hard dagger to watch but good for stammer.

E: *in the finals.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The standard to get your name on the cup is 41 games in the regular season or 1 game in the Stanley cup finals, but they could petition to get him on there if it comes to it.

or dress him as the back-up goalie for a game in the finals.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I’ll post a playoff n/v thread once the seeding is settled. Not sure if that’ll need those two extra games tomorrow or not though.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Rangers Devils, lock it in.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

i guess this is how it had to be

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Almost time for the tampa bay lightning hockey club season to start. I’m very excited.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

And hey, they're cap compliant for once

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

And hey, they're cap compliant for once

No they’re not….oh, i thought you were talking about the bruins. Yeah we’re good.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Can I just say how much I'm looking forward to not pulling for my team to lose anymore after Saturday?

Matt Zerella posted:

Rangers Devils, lock it in.

If we can't get Battle of Alberta, Hate across the Hudson is a nice consolation prize.

:getin: :unsmigghh:

E- Fuckin' :laffo:, Pens end their season losing to 31st and 32nd place in the league and I can't even fully gloat God damnit. :shepicide:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 14, 2023

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

E- Fuckin' :laffo:, Pens end their season losing to 31st and 32nd place in the league and I can't even fully gloat God damnit. :shepicide:

Sullivan has to be the first coach in the history of world to lose in the first round five straight years, with a team expected to contend for the Cup every year, then miss the playoffs entirely by losing to the two worst teams in a year full of tanking teams, and still not lose his job.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Marner had 1 shot in 23:10 TOI and ends the season at 99 points.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

Marner had 1 shot in 23:10 TOI and ends the season at 99 points.

Ready for the playoffs

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Good bye Craig, hell of a career. You even had a winning record for the Sabres. 28-24-3

5th all time in wins for a US born goalie

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I realize Ovi's asleep at the wheel but holy poo poo, this kid has the moves
https://twitter.com/umichhockey/status/1646692001163689984?s=20

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I realize Ovi's asleep at the wheel but holy poo poo, this kid has the moves
https://twitter.com/umichhockey/status/1646692001163689984?s=20

Ovie just thinking about scoring 93 with Bedard next season.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1646689529263439872?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Marchand vs Tkachuk is going to be incredible

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh shiiiiiit. :unsmighh:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's two g's two h's. Always trips me up too

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

th3t00t posted:

Good bye Craig, hell of a career. You even had a winning record for the Sabres. 28-24-3

5th all time in wins for a US born goalie

Would’ve been real lovely if Ottawa had won.

Emotional night. I know Anderson was the #1 guy of the Sabres hated rival for like ten years but he is a great guy and I’m glad he was on the Sabres the last two years.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Later this summer, when we're told that some dude picked 3rd to 5th is going to be GREAT in 2-3 years, we'll remember this lineup:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1646653092128083968?t=9wArdvs612_H9x_JksS4Jw&s=19
https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1646687779693244417?t=3A_-svXrd73bGGg_9jrqxw&s=19

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's two g's two h's. Always trips me up too

:unsmigghh: :hfive:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Would’ve been real lovely if Ottawa had won.

Emotional night. I know Anderson was the #1 guy of the Sabres hated rival for like ten years but he is a great guy and I’m glad he was on the Sabres the last two years.

Pretty awesome that 12(!) years ago Ottawa and Colorado swapped Anderson for Brian Elliott in what seemed like an Our Trash for Your Trash trade and both are still in the league today

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Whatever happens from here on out, that was one hell of a season Devils.
Nice to not be utter dogshit.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Whatever happens from here on out, that was one hell of a season Devils.
Nice to not be utter dogshit.

Gonna quote this in a couple weeks as the Devils are going down in 6 to the Rangers and you're melting down.

Oh playoffs, how I missed you

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Eric the Mauve posted:

Gonna quote this in a couple weeks as the Devils are going down in 6 to the Rangers and you're melting down.

I remember this feeling last season right before the playoffs. “Hey, we aren’t supposed to be here, lets get the kids some experience” then a week later its just pain and anxiety.

E: lmao “gallant” is trending so I clicked and I think I found a rival to yankeesfans.gif

https://twitter.com/kee_bully19/status/1646691126038986754

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Central still not decided. Both Dallas and Colorado won, so 108 points and 107 points with Avs still playing tomorrow against Nashville. Dallas holds the tiebreaker so Avs have to win to overtake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

Oh playoffs, how I missed you

Rangers suck poo poo so I doubt I'll have to think about it