Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Opopanax posted:

Vengeful roles, where they get to vig someone if they die, are pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lampsacus posted:

Dead players have an optional final vote to use once after death.
Dead players can still post.
Flips are hidden.
Everyone always has a power, however bit part.

It would be interesting to have a 'blood on the Clocktower' style forum mafia game by having those variant rules hmmmm

I have run a game which let a dead player vote, hid all flips besides names and alignment, was role madness, and included resurrection mechanics

it went uh,

Jen X posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (4.5): Tobbs Gnawed, A Sometimes Food, 28766f69642a2930, Chic Trombone, 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930, Mr. Humalong Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima
Chic Trombone (2.5): peramene, OMGVBFLOL Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima
OMGVBFLOL (1): Epsilon Plus
Mr. Humalong (1): Nep-Nep
Kashuno (0): 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930

Not Voting (4): chaoslord, Kashuno, Rhjamiz, Snooze Cruise

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 09th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 20 minutes.
I manually entered every one of Podima's votes and unvotes and loathed myself by the end of it

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Opopanax posted:

I've played a lot of games of Werewolf with roles like that and they can be very fun but very unpredictable, I kind of love them

there are some interesting variations on them, like one who only avenges if they're voted out, or one who only avenges if they're the NK. especially fun if the players know there's one in the game but they don't know which type they are. Even more fun if both are in the game

for extra chaos, have both but don't let the players in question know which they are until they die, lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Looking for a replacement for the passage

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I kinda want to run a game where everyone is a dayvig with some mechanics around the resolution of shots. Like the longer you hold them the more the power up and they don't fire until halfway through the day so going first isn't a huge advantage. Western themed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My Harrison Ford game had a role where it was a one shot vig if they fired early or a bomb if they held onto it. Ecco used it almost immediately iirc

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
someone do my draft idea

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Jen X posted:

I have run a game which let a dead player vote, hid all flips besides names and alignment, was role madness, and included resurrection mechanics

it went uh,

I manually entered every one of Podima's votes and unvotes and loathed myself by the end of it

whoa i dont remember this at all

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh wow reading the roles of that game, jeepers creepers,the SA mafia community really has pushed the boundaries and experimented with mafia 😯

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Snooze Cruise posted:

someone do my draft idea

Like a wifoa?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

someone do my draft idea

Z join my game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

OK so its a draft.
You figure out a good number of players for this, I don't know, I am not a math person. But for the example lets just say 10 right now. 10 people sign up for the draft, and you get a list of 30 roles. And then you do the typical draft thing of grabbing your first pick and yadda yadda till everyone gets 3 roles.

There will be 3 games of mafia, so these 30 roles go with those 3 games, but you don't know which roles will go with which game. As these games get played you'll get points for how the roles do, so complete a win condition is like 5 points or whatever and you also get points for living longer. But also certain actions give you points, like if you pick up a seer and the seer gets a evil result that gets a certain amount of points, but you could get funky with it too where like a reverse seer gets the same amount of of points even though they are going to see more people as evil.

Again don't know how to do the number stuff to make all of this work but someone should run this because it would be dumb and fun~

Snooze Cruise posted:

oh a good excuse to have a jester in a game too because then you have this meta thing of like "well we know there is a jester in one of these games because of the draft but is it this one???"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

t a s t e posted:

Z join my game

i have a project i need to work on the next few days so i am not a good replacement

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

i have a project i need to work on the next few days so i am not a good replacement

:phoneb::phoneline::phone: Hello fbi

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

This role is the key to my favorite mafia moment.

The end of This game.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Opopanax posted:

Vengeful owns. EpicMafia has what would be considered a "Vengeful Vanilla" (aka their only role is that they kill someone on being executed) called Hunter. One of my favorite roles for obvious reasons.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

wins32767 posted:

I kinda want to run a game where everyone is a dayvig with some mechanics around the resolution of shots. Like the longer you hold them the more the power up and they don't fire until halfway through the day so going first isn't a huge advantage. Western themed.

I had an idea like that, but everyone had a one shot dayvig no restrictions. I figured I'd just say "go" and then half the players would be dead before halfway through day 1

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

ilmucche posted:

I had an idea like that, but everyone had a one shot dayvig no restrictions. I figured I'd just say "go" and then half the players would be dead before halfway through day 1

Paging Iggy for "Oops, all vigs!". Includes the Poisonvig, Stumpvig, Fakevig, and many more!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

ilmucche posted:

Only half? My guess would be the game doesn't even see Night 1. It's been a little while since this was attempted so it's probably time to give it another go, though!

That said it looks like both of the games ran here made it to Day 2 so maybe I'm the one who is wrong.

Only one way to find out....

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I wouldn't want anyone to know the others have shots though. My plan was to set up a normal game but everyone has "you also have a dayvig" in their role pm.

Someone shoots first, people figure out the game and go to blasting town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Amnistar did an all vigs game. IIRC he sent the PMs out wrong and it never got off the ground

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

For the full 'how we played it back when I was at university' mode you gotta make it open setup,no flips,multiple vigs,and Town has to vote to end the game when they think they got every scum. And scum could choose not to kill.

They were terrible games in retrospect

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Green Wing posted:

For the full 'how we played it back when I was at university' mode you gotta make it open setup,no flips,multiple vigs,and Town has to vote to end the game when they think they got every scum. And scum could choose not to kill.

amazing. our youth group ones were: mafia, doctor, sheriff, rest is vanilla town. i think we would have lost our minds had we come across the idea of other possible roles.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

We did it all without electronic assistance as well,just the game runner being all "now, vigilante number 1 open your eyes". Pretty sure we did some variable setup where it was "now,vigilante 2 *IF YOU EXIST*,open your eyes".

Awful. Every Wednesday. Took hours.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

The first brain slugs game like 15 years ago every player had a one shot space harpoon vig. Surprisingly few were used from what I remember.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Green Wing posted:

what happens if you vote to end it and are wrong, does town just lose? Or does it just end the day phase and go to the next night?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

what happens if you vote to end it and are wrong, does town just lose? Or does it just end the day phase and go to the next night?

Town just lost

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I once ran a game where everyone was serial killers, err sorry, i mean Rainbow givers except 2 townies who were in a masonry together.

Also its sequel where everyone was candy themed serial killers who were really bad at being serial killers so were just town instead.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I ran a Highlander game where everyone was a survivor, some were told they were scum aligned and some were told they were town aligned, but they were all survivors

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Opopanax posted:

Amnistar did an all vigs game. IIRC he sent the PMs out wrong and it never got off the ground

lol

That's why you should just copypaste PMs!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Four more for desert hoverboarding fun times, btw:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029419

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jose Valasquez posted:

I ran a Highlander game where everyone was a survivor, some were told they were scum aligned and some were told they were town aligned, but they were all survivors

this kinda owns, it’s basically how everyone should be playing mafia anyways

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jose Valasquez posted:

I rememeber reading this one! I liked it.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
HTTPS access to Votefinder has been restored, which also fixes a few related issues like images not working. Votefinder is now once more accessible at https://votefinder.org/.

There are still a few lingering issues such as the "gameday + 1" issue. We're working on smoothing those out.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

HTTPS access to Votefinder has been restored, which also fixes a few related issues like images not working. Votefinder is now once more accessible at https://votefinder.org/.

There are still a few lingering issues such as the "gameday + 1" issue. We're working on smoothing those out.

Hurray! I appreciate all of the work people have put into this.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CapitalistPig posted:

:yeah:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Huge props to you, Eps+/death cob, and everyone else who have been working to get Votefinder back off the ground. :toot:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

CapitalistPig posted:

:comfyoot:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
We have a lot of games running? I could put one together but fair warning that it's a bastard mod type game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Monathin posted:

Huge props to you, Eps+/death cob, and everyone else who have been working to get Votefinder back off the ground. :toot: