Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Sashimi posted:

lmao are the GOP going to make this moron and his subsequent trial into another stupid hill to die on?

Yup. Fox news is working that point. I walked into the living room this morning and mom, who as she ages is turning more and more into a fox news controlled p-zombie, was there defending the honor of this guy, how it was youthful indiscretion. Then she goes back to getting angry about the continued existence of transwomen after tucker tells her they need to be disposed of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Dr. Quarex posted:

Also unrelated, I think Bellingcat is the only successful project to come out of the Forums where we did not disown and ban the creator. Here is where someone tells me Brown Moses is banned. But at the very least we actually did a good job staying on neutral terms!!!

Lol check leper's colony

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029725

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dr. Quarex posted:

Also unrelated, I think Bellingcat is the only successful project to come out of the Forums where we did not disown and ban the creator. Here is where someone tells me Brown Moses is banned. But at the very least we actually did a good job staying on neutral terms!!!

lmao that post aged like milk in the hot sun

Fritz banned Brown Moses and put a moratorium on him posting anything from/about Bellingcat

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 14, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

now this is AI-generated content

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
The kicker? The reason was because someone accused him of "doxxing", and even though nobody could find anything he did wrong to properly hit him, Fritz decided to ban him for a several week old post.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Dr. Quarex posted:

The timing of this post is amazing

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Ukraine War: Committing international espionage (in Minecraft)

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Kchama posted:

The kicker? The reason was because someone accused him of "doxxing", and even though nobody could find anything he did wrong to properly hit him, Fritz decided to ban him for a several week old post.

banned AND gag ordered

nothing ideological going on at all

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

banned AND gag ordered

nothing ideological going on at all

I checked out of DND along time ago.

I remember when they liked prester jane.

I also have some vague memory that bellingcat/brown moses got money from a group conected to a think tank, that was connected to the CIA, which is a front for the lizard people.

Or maybe I just mixing up fevored dreams like when glenn beck brought up vilerat being a goon and the reason for benginmen gazi

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

it's not easy being more cringe than brown moses, you have to really work for it

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Cringe or not it seems pretty messed up to try and paint genuine public interest journalism as doxxing, particularly when the the public interest in question is a countries genuine security and national secrets.

I agrwe though brown moses is very much up his own arse. You are right he had to admit he got paid by the CIA for information on more than one occasion I believe

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Just ban everybody and leave a skeleton forum for the fascists and tankies to wage their perpetual internet war over

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Yeah Brown Moses has always been a bit of a fart sniffer but I don't really get why he got banned because someone else posted his tweets where he brags about how good his team are at snitching. I feel like the established punishment for being a bit cringe is getting dunked on every time you post or get mentioned.

Plus he may have played a part in getting a Nazi arrested which I feel is something that should be lauded for if anything because gently caress Nazis.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

boofhead posted:

Just ban everybody and leave a skeleton forum for the fascists and tankies to wage their perpetual internet war over

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lol at reporting someone to the forum cops for being a 'snitch'.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

lmao that post aged like milk in the hot sun

Fritz banned Brown Moses and put a moratorium on him posting anything from/about Bellingcat

Well, gently caress that. :silent:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Guys, this isn't the thread to talk about SAD stuff.

You know that. :)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

Correct

Your inbox is better :dudsmile:

E: this is a joke and jape

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Lol at reporting someone to the forum cops for being a 'snitch'.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Not this poo poo again

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Karate Bastard posted:

Not this poo poo again

I sometimes wonder if during WW1 people had similar poo poo flinging and navel gazing bullshit to waste their time with

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

what

also +1 on getting grover in here i have some questions about insulated stairs

did we ever learn what that weird pipe thing sticking out of his shed was?

also whose winning? the military action I mean.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Pajser posted:

I sometimes wonder if during WW1 people had similar poo poo flinging and navel gazing bullshit to waste their time with

Carrier pigeons with messages reading "lmao" getting shot down over Belgium.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ups_rail posted:

did we ever learn what that weird pipe thing sticking out of his shed was?

:grovertoot:

That's my favorite emote on these entire dead gay forums. Cindy Shitbird drew it. I bought it. It is beautiful.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ups_rail posted:

also whose winning? the military action I mean.

So far everyone is losing.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*releases proof of war crimes to the world*

*outs the identities of literal FSB international assassins*

Goons: nuh uh! That's snitching! Don't be a cop! Don't turn in a buddy for buying weed or killing thousands of civilians with mustard gas!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
If you saw someone shoplift food, no you didn't.

If you saw someone mustard gas 1000 civilians, no you didn't.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pajser posted:

Well there were newspaper tycoons absolutely flinging poo poo at each other two times a day in the morning and evening gazettes in the OP ED pages and just the general tones of the papers.

So in the Yellow Journalism days, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos would be William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer. One of those people has a journalistic award in their name, and he was still a shithead plutocrat only out to exploit sensationalism to turn a higher profit.

:capitalism:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

:wtc:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah that thread is locked. Holy poo poo do I start to feel real uncomfortable about keeping my account on here.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Tarquinn posted:

The thread in our very well working SAD isn't either, apparently. So where do we talk about it?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Strategic Tea posted:

*releases proof of war crimes to the world*

*outs the identities of literal FSB international assassins*

Goons: nuh uh! That's snitching! Don't be a cop! Don't turn in a buddy for buying weed or killing thousands of civilians with mustard gas!

Yup, its this.

A good majority are just putting on their best somber posting faces to raise 'serious concerns' - its a long-running attempt to muddy the waters and score a perceived win against their ideological (forums) enemies. Posting is praxis dontcha know.

Once they eventually get him perma-ed due to wearing the admins down, they'll move on to the next target.

None of them would be raising these issues if he was posting evidence of CIA crimes to Greyzone and RT and the like. They'd be cheering on his cringeworthy egoposting, rather than laughing at his pathetic dorky rear end

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Potrzebie posted:

The thread in our very well working SAD isn't either, apparently. So where do we talk about it?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029737

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Potrzebie posted:

If they don't consider it resolved, I am sure the admins will open it up again.

That most of SAD is often closed for service during Euro hours is something I have noticed too, but again, this is not for this thread.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

It's just wild how she is consistently the worst on every single issue. Just by random chance you'd think she'd occasionally say something that wasn't outrageously disgusting, but she's been batting 1000 ever since she crawled into the public space.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
I guess the only question is: did he get banned for defying a couple of goons their pro-Russia/pro-war agenda? Or did he get banned because they're just jealous of his successes?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

CSM posted:

I guess the only question is: did he get banned for defying a couple of goons their pro-Russia/pro-war agenda? Or did he get banned because they're just jealous of his successes?

He got banned because a clique of terminally online posters dedicated to destroying their posting enemies whined at the moderators under the thinnest of pretenses to get him banned, and they acquiesced like they do every single time this clique does this because it is easier than dealing with their bullshit. This is a long running pattern at this point. This is exactly what lead to this very thread being closed a few weeks back.

The guy ostensibly got banned for posting a Twitter link to a bunch of AI generated images in the AI generated images thread. And then a bunch of C-SPAM posters showed up to that thread to gloat.

Geisladisk fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 14, 2023

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

Well there were newspaper tycoons absolutely flinging poo poo at each other two times a day in the morning and evening gazettes in the OP ED pages and just the general tones of the papers.

So in the Yellow Journalism days, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos would be William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer. One of those people has a journalistic award in their name, and he was still a shithead plutocrat only out to exploit sensationalism to turn a higher profit.

:capitalism:

yeah but those were rich robber barons calling each other names on print and not having any real consequence on the war itself, low stakes but somewhat high reward,

whereas today it's dudes making a bit more than minimum wage, trolling each other on forums dedicated to video game discussions and getting SO MAD they leak some serious documents truly changing course on events on the other side of the planet.

really high stakes and extremely low reward. It's honestly very scary.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Tarquinn posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Here, I put some signal lights around my post as some of you seem to have missed it.

Final warning: please get back on topic. Thanks!

Edit: For the SAD topic du jour you can go here, I guess: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029737&pagenumber=1

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I guess a bunch of Finnish yahoos felt left out in all this treason going around and decided to do some themselves.

Iltasanomat.fi posted:

Three parliamentary candidates are suspected of treason
The three people suspected of treason ran for parliamentary seats, but did not get elected.

The Finnish Police is demanding the arrest of three people for revealing security secrets. The crime is classified as a crime of treason.

The arrest demand will be handled in the Oulu district court on Friday. Police suspect that the trio have collected and published on their social media channels security material, which is classified top secret.

The arrest warrants were given to 45 year old twins Mikko Antero Vapa and Marko Heikki Vapa, as well as Anne Maria Oikarinen, 37.

:siren: The brothers under arrest warrant have had a shared company which operated as a blood service. The company claimed it could measure a person's sin from their blood. :siren: According to address information the brothers shared an address in Keminmaa.

Both ran parliamentary campaigns, Mikko on the rolls of "The Crystal Party" in the Oulu election district, Marko for the "Power Belongs to the People" party in the Lapland district. Neither got elected to the parliament. According to the two, both have won Finnish championships in multiple sports.

Mikko Vapa's website describes him as a health technology entrepreneur. He has a master's degree in information technology. Recently he has studied data systems at the Tampere University of Applied Sciences.

He has a military background in military intelligence, and holds the position of first lieutenant. According to their websites, he is enganged to the woman who has also been ordered under arrest. She also ran for the parliament on the rolls of The Crystal Party, but did not get elected.

On her party's website Anne Oikarinen lists her education as a construction engineer, and a clothing artesan. She felt that her calling was to do things that would benefit Finland. She has operated a YouTube channel.

- In these days it is crucial for alternative medias to bring out the truth, because sadly the mainstream media refuses to do so, she wrote.

Marko Vapa has hoped, among other things, that Finland withdraw its Nato application, and exit from the European Union. His education is listed as a master of physical sciences.

According to the police, the suspected crime was not committed in an official capacity. The police suspect that the trio have published information that is liable to cause severe danger to Finland's national defence and security, says criminal inspector Jukka Nurmenniemi.

Let's hear a bit about those parties:

"The Crystal Party describes itself in the party register thusly: 'The Crystal Party wants to conduct politics with pure hearts and open minds. The party holds a level of higher awareness, which considers humans as unique and cognisant individuals as well as a part of a universal consciousness. [...] The party opposes membership to the EU, questions the existence of COVID-19, wants Finland to consider alternative treatments as equal to medical care, opposes vaccines and wants to eliminate political parties."

"Power Belongs to the People gained a profile as a party opposing COVID-19 and COVID restrictions. It has a christian revival style, and its chair Turtiainen has spoken of 'the end times'. The party opposes Finland's Nato membership and the party has been described in the media as a tool of Russian propaganda."

Well I'm sure we can never guess which foreign power these three morons were doing treason for! Truly a mystery.

Don't sleep on the description of the business two of these idiots ran.

(Ano Turtiainen is a Finnish far right idiot who left our alt right True Finns because they weren't far right enough for him, despite them opposing basic human rights for anyone darker than December snow and for anyone who isn't a cishet man. He looks exactly how you'd suspect.)

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 14, 2023