Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I've only played Brotato on Steam but it's a great game. If it has the same progress tab on the main menu as on Steam every entry in there will unlock something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Shwqa posted:

You remembered :unsmith:

Happy birthday

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
how on earth are you meant to get past this brotato enemy on difficulty 2 halfway through the run who fires 4 long lines of attacks all around your location that are impossible to get away from in the .5 seconds between the warning appearing and the damage

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

quite stretched out posted:

how on earth are you meant to get past this brotato enemy on difficulty 2 halfway through the run who fires 4 long lines of attacks all around your location that are impossible to get away from in the .5 seconds between the warning appearing and the damage

The tentacle enemies? They don't target you. They are attempting to box you in. So either move forward or backward but not left to right.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I think he's referring to the level 11 elite that does 4 swipes, all the same direction, centred around the player.

Hes definetly ended a few runs for me, I've had success either outrunning the swipes, or having so much armor and health along with some sort of regen that I don't care.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pocket City 2 is out, $5 for paid version. Seems good so far!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Air Skwirl posted:

I used a mod to skip the intro and then couldn't get past the first space shooting part, touch controls seemed way too slow. The main part of the game seemed to work fine though.

Kotor was great until my saved game got corrupted and I had to start over. Three times. I haven't touched it since.

Mighty Doom is super fun but yeah I feel that paywall coming on already.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

explosivo posted:

Pocket City 2 is out, $5 for paid version. Seems good so far!

This is definitely more Pocket City; but now you can walk/drive around your town and they have a lot of weird minigames around that fact like a craxi taxi thing that gives you money. You also have an avatar that can chop down trees for wood (for something?) or repair stuff. The game also makes my phone run hot as gently caress. It does look and feel very nice though and as in the original I love the switching between portrait/landscape.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My wife made a comment last night about how all my phone games look dumb and easy (because I play too many dumb and easy idle games). So I say, no Brotato is different, poo poo's real hard, I have like 6 failed runs tonight.

She comes over and looks, right as I get to the final wave of an absolutely insane run where I melt the boss in 12 seconds. So now she thinks Brotato is an easy game too.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Hah, yesterday my wife looked at my screen while i was playing Brotato and wondered with a condescending tone why I am spending so much time on what looks like a very dumb game. I didn't bother explaining her there's more to it as that didn't really work last time when I was obsessing over Magic Survival..

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Same deal here, except it's me and my 8 year old on the Vampire Survivors side, and my wife going "yeah, I don't see the appeal..."

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Its been fun playing Castlevania SotN after Vampire Survivors to see where the inspiration came from.

Also Castlevania SotN is really really good, I didn't realize it had so much depth to it.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
What these wives should be asking is why it's called Brotato, when it's clearly an egg. Not a potato.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I just noticed magic survival now has a tab at the end of a round that let's you see how much damage each skill does, which I've wanted for a long time

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Farquar posted:

What these wives should be asking is why it's called Brotato, when it's clearly an egg. Not a potato.

Eggs don't have enough hands to hold six guns.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

CaptainBeefart posted:

Its been fun playing Castlevania SotN after Vampire Survivors to see where the inspiration came from.

Also Castlevania SotN is really really good, I didn't realize it had so much depth to it.
The later Gameboy Advance/DS games all build upon SotN if you're looking for more. There is a recent collection of the Advance ones on current systems, but not on mobile unfortunately.

And then the director after leaving Konami kickstarted Bloodstained, which is like the ultimate version of all those games. It's been an amazing project. I love it, but some people whine it's 2.5D and not pixel art. This one is on mobile apparently (I had no idea!) but I have no idea how it plays on a phone: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=bloodstained&c=apps

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

teethgrinder posted:

The later Gameboy Advance/DS games all build upon SotN if you're looking for more. There is a recent collection of the Advance ones on current systems, but not on mobile unfortunately.

And then the director after leaving Konami kickstarted Bloodstained, which is like the ultimate version of all those games. It's been an amazing project. I love it, but some people whine it's 2.5D and not pixel art. This one is on mobile apparently (I had no idea!) but I have no idea how it plays on a phone: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=bloodstained&c=apps

That's good to know, thank you for the information. I'm definitely checking out other Castlevanias after I finish this. That Bloodstained looks interesting as well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bloodstained is frigging amazing, but sadly, the mobile ports were outsourced, and seem to have been abandoned while still being buggy.

The best bet for playing it is on PC or any console but Nintendo Switch (that version is also a buggy mess).

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Poopy Palpy posted:

Eggs don't have enough hands to hold six guns.

You're right. I withdraw my complaint.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

CaptainBeefart posted:

It's ok

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

:eyepop:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:holymoley:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Ah, that post/username/av combo.

Sorry, no jokes allowed

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mile'ionaha posted:

Ah, that post/username/av combo.

Sorry, no jokes allowed

I don't know if you know this, but Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Shwqa posted:

I don't know if you know this, but Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards.

Is there a dracula in Castlevania? I've never played it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Vulpes posted:

Is there a dracula in Castlevania? I've never played it.

I think so. Can't remember which one, but I'm pretty sure he's in there.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think so. Can't remember which one, but I'm pretty sure he's in there.

Which Dracula, or which game

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Which Dracula, or which game

Which Dracula, they're clearly talking about Castlevania

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Thanks for the spoilers. :(

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Nighthand posted:

Which Dracula, they're clearly talking about Castlevania

Fixed it for you. This is worse than the time someone told me what happened to the ship in Titanic.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

ponzicar posted:

Fixed it for you. This is worse than the time someone told me what happened to the ship in Titanic.

Girl could have saved her boy toy, but she realized she didn't want a gutter rat and found an out.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

ponzicar posted:

What happened? :ohdear:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It set sail

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
Brotato: How do you beat wave 16 as pacifist? I lost a run where I had over 50% speed, the slowing robot buddy, the enemy slowing teeth and snail. After about 10-15 seconds the helmet abominations start outrunning you as a group and there is absolutely no hope of avoiding them.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Praxis Prion posted:

Brotato: How do you beat wave 16 as pacifist? I lost a run where I had over 50% speed, the slowing robot buddy, the enemy slowing teeth and snail. After about 10-15 seconds the helmet abominations start outrunning you as a group and there is absolutely no hope of avoiding them.

Yeah, I'm very confused about what speed actually does because it seems like you cannot ever outspeed enemies.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Got a weird thing after getting the latest Vampire Survivor DLC - after getting it, the first DLC, which I had purchased when it came out and played through, no longer works. It appears in the DLC list, purchased, but no characters, items, levels, etc from it are present in their lists. Anyone seeing this?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Any of y'all play Marvel Snap? I didn't see a thread for it.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

The Zombie Guy posted:

Any of y'all play Marvel Snap? I didn't see a thread for it.

It's in Games since it has a PC client - here

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

pray for my aunt posted:

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

pray for my aunt posted:

So that's why I haven't seen it talked about here.

Good game.