Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Feel bad for all you who've never had a good gyro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

SirPablo posted:

Feel bad for all you who've never had a good gyro.

Oh man you score some Kirkland brand wet blankets recently?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Propaganda Hour posted:

drat, the take-home gyro kits are pretty good. $20, plenty of meat, sauce, and fixings to fill six pitas. Put the pita in the microwave for about 15 seconds to soften them up.

Yeah they're a great easy hot dinner. I warmed up my pitas in the pan while I let the meat drain off excess oil on a paper towel. I made two the first night for dinner with a friend, then I had one more late at night, then lunch the next day... Then dinner the next day. I was in gyro city.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The gyro meat is lamb I'm assuming?

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Who wants to hate shop?
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1646896341224677377

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Why tf people always talking about garbage rear end sam's club in here, can we get an IK to give out some church sized 6ers

Fuuuuuck the Walton family

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My mom gave me a sweatshirt from sam's club and it only had one arm

Like there was no hole or sleeve on one side, just one arm

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Smugworth posted:

My mom gave me a sweatshirt from sam's club and it only had one arm

Like there was no hole or sleeve on one side, just one arm

Hooray for inclusion!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Renegret posted:

Yeah I believe at least partly

Honestly I was expecting something dry and got it on a whim— all I know is it’s one of the best trad gyros I’ve had and exactly the hit I was looking for tbh

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

What do you think about people who pronounce it “guy-ro”?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Renegret posted:

Yep. The meat is light on seasoning but I pretty much expected that. Dumped in some garlic powder, cumin, oregano, rosemary, dill, thyme, salt, and pepper while it was in the skillet heating up and it tasted better.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Knot My President! posted:

Yeah I believe at least partly

Thank you friends. I figured as much but wanted to confirm.

My wife won't eat lamb and I don't want to buy an entire meal kit to eat by myself so I've been skipping it. Real shame too, I'm tired of the street tacos and the pot pies have gone down in quality so it would've been nice to add something to the lazy easy dinners pile.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dick Fontaine posted:

gently caress yes, get you one of those 14” Winco Carbon Steel Woks

They are crazy legit. Straight up what they use at Chinese restaurants. Only like $15 or something at the business center.

It’s a curved one so depending on your setup you may need to get a wok mon or butane stove but it’s so worth it. A real joy to cook with.

Thanks, I'm writing this down for the opening. My new range (also from Costco) actually came with a wok ring and can't wait to throw out the pretender all-clad square bottom one and get the real deal.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

meal prep/macro people are basically all that goon that thought eating nothing but bacon was the best part of keto

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tiny Timbs posted:

meal prep/macro people are basically all that goon that thought eating nothing but bacon was the best part of keto

The one that went on statins?

Unison
Oct 12, 2005

Chinatown posted:

btw i got a jar of these today at Costco and they are terrible. Extremely sweet mushy "kosher dill" pickles. What the hell? Directly into the trash or return? I never return poo poo unless its poorly sized clothing.

Return bad things to Costco. It is a vote against them stocking it in the future!

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Johnny Truant posted:

Why tf people always talking about garbage rear end sam's club in here, can we get an IK to give out some church sized 6ers

Before Costco came to my area we had sam's club membership. The only thing I miss is the 12 pack canned fruit and institutional sized applesauce for my kids. All Costco has are large packs of single serving fruit cups and applesauce pouches, which produce so much waste.

e: I leave suggestions on the box every once in a while asking Costco to carry large bottles of applesauce, but nothing yet.

killer crane fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 15, 2023

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

NewFatMike posted:

I saw a man check out yesterday with an entire case of Kirkland merino wool socks PBUC

They're clearing them out for $6.97 at my location. For that price you could probably sell them for a big profit on ebay.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Chinatown posted:

btw i got a jar of these today at Costco and they are terrible. Extremely sweet mushy "kosher dill" pickles. What the hell? Directly into the trash or return? I never return poo poo unless its poorly sized clothing.

the first food I ever returned were those godawful keto chicken enchiladas everyone agrees are dog food. now the seal is broken and I've returned a couple more things that were just not good.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Why has no one told me about Better Than Bouillon?

Added one teaspoon in my rice cooker and drat, this is the best rice ever.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
because I really don't like the protein grit going on in it.

I'm sure it's completely harmless like actual chicken protein or something, but I just hate the mouthfeel it creates when you get down to the bottom of a bowl of soup.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Holy poo poo Mexican Coke is back.

And just in those lovely combo packs. Proper cases of just Coke!

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Protip: Dissolve the better than bouillon in some boiling water with one of those little milk frothers- no grit at all!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
BtB dissolves for me. I know exactly the grit you mean, but I also get that in brothy soup without BtB. I don’t mind it, though

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SwissArmyDruid posted:

because I really don't like the protein grit going on in it.

I'm sure it's completely harmless like actual chicken protein or something, but I just hate the mouthfeel it creates when you get down to the bottom of a bowl of soup.

i strain it out after boiling it in water

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Weembles posted:

i think you can get them at Bizness Centers

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

rodbeard posted:

I hate the fit of Costco clothing outside of their super comfy socks and underwear

I've tried so many different types of Costco women's underwear and I always end up throwing them out because they're so uncomfortable.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Why has no one told me about Better Than Bouillon?

BTB is amazing but I think the No Chicken vegetarian one is even better than the chicken flavor. Costco doesn't sell it though.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It's good, I always put a scoop of beef into whatever beef dish I'm making.

I don't buy in Costco quantities though because I always accidentally use too much.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Weembles posted:

It costs more than even middling beer now, lol

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

It costs more than even middling beer now, lol

Yes, that part is a little grim.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Instead of Bitchin Sauce Sam's Club sells C*nty Sauce

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
My bank account is going to scream at me but it was a blessed day at Church

I am now going to partake in communion (hot dog and pep slice)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I see you've got both sucking and blowing covered there, gj

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

My bank account is going to scream at me but it was a blessed day at Church

I am now going to partake in communion (hot dog and pep slice)

I haven't seen the kirkland chewy protein bars in months. I figured they most have stopped making them.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

went this afternoon to the original PRICE CLUB location for essentials and car fuel aka gas.

Sir, this is a world war two aircraft hanger where large parts of the spruce goose were built.

Crossposting from the ask/tell stupid questions thread:

Decedent posted:

oh! also ~ Office chair:

Go to church:
https://www.costco.com/la-z-boy-manager%27s-office-chair-with-active-lumbar-technology.product.100664460.html

It's got everything everyone recommended and it's in stock at every Costco I've ever been to.

Decedent fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 16, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I had a lazy boy office chair that I absolutely loved it was fabric though so I’m not too sure about this pleather one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

MarcusSA posted:

I had a lazy boy office chair that I absolutely loved it was fabric though so I’m not too sure about this pleather one.

I bought it and returned it within 5 months because the pleather on the arm tests was tearing. For reference I probably spend 6-10 hours a day in my computer chair.