Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I got your Special Military Operation victory right here, shorty.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

HonorableTB posted:

Prigozhin going for that "look I tried to get us out of here before anyone else" card to have in his hand to play for influence in the power struggles to come lol

Probably lends some fact to rumors Wagner as a fighting force in Ukraine is near destroyed and instead of holding 90kms of the front line, they can barely hold a few kms of rubble in Bakhmut

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

the popes toes posted:

Prigozhin is a business man. An evil, demented business man but he understands a sunk cost fallacy. There's bank to be made raping Africa, and Ukraine is no longer the money maker he thought it might be despite his new salt mine. Time to pillage elsewhere.

Hey HEY Comrade, you appear to have misspelled "investing" in Africa.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Probably lends some fact to rumors Wagner as a fighting force in Ukraine is near destroyed and instead of holding 90kms of the front line, they can barely hold a few kms of rubble in Bakhmut

Reporting from Ukraine on Youtube said more or less the same thing in yesterday's video they posted. News from the frontline said that Wagners were being seen in groups no larger than squads now, and more rarely, while most of the attacks were being performed by paratroopers, VDV, or the occasional group of Spetsnaz. However, the attacks in the city have intensified because of the increase in the number of russian regular army elements.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

mr putin plz I am so tired of winning

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
Just a friendly reminder, after all this BrownMoses stuff and the classified information leak that might delay Ukraine's spring offensive.

We can't post links of Ukrainian fundraisers as this might anger the war crime loving, genocide denying, nazi avatar buying crowd. And they need to feel like they get their moneys worth.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The longest 2.99999999 days of Prigozhin's life

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Prigozhin: "War Bad"

Tankies:

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

I googled the Finnish guy and just the blurb that comes up is one hell of a ride lmao

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

GundamHealer posted:

I googled the Finnish guy and just the blurb that comes up is one hell of a ride lmao

Its hard to add telling spice in the dry world of Wikipedia so props to the guy who put in "convicted stalker"

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

No, no. You see they meant S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

No, no. You see they meant S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

a Finn the Ukrainians actually want to "get out of here"

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
This rocket just launched

https://twitter.com/SlavaUk30722777/status/1641219941922930689?s=19

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/drewharwell/status/1646886505917423616?s=20

lmao

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

big "I used up all my prisoners" energy

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

naw man he was looking for leak to find the :pisstape:

he's actually a lib op

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
"did you just Google 'my crimes'?"

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

https://twitter.com/bvac/status/1647003945036914688?s=46&t=-v_f1MOnMrMNLHSwLfq9TQ

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

edit

DiomedesGodshill fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 15, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Ed Balls

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Samovar posted:

Ed Balls

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

That's a sweet art, it's cool how it's childish and cute but also takes the mission purpose into account. Hell I'd be extremely proud if I made something that cool and I'm in my 30s

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Droopy is starting to look a bit worried and tired.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Today is the precise moment when Prigozhin maximized his profit scheme, anything after this is going to be eating into his earnings in the form of fishbricks and washing machines.

edit: Here's an interesting update from the south

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCUzPBdct4A

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 15, 2023

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That guy said (yesterday?) that Wagner has been pretty much deleted. Great if true. I've understood that they're pretty much depleted in Ukraine, but there are plenty Wanker SS troops elsewhere, right?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

That guy said (yesterday?) that Wagner has been pretty much deleted. Great if true. I've understood that they're pretty much depleted in Ukraine, but there are plenty Wanker SS troops elsewhere, right?

Yes, in Africa and Syria where they are valiantly fighting a war against the unarmed civilians they have enslaved for forced labor.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I want this to be the first thing alien explorers find to learn about us.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What's your Game here, Xenocides, and is this part of any scheme to End it?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Cute picture :3:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1647176228229591041

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1647122853739855873
uraaaaaaaa 🙃

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1647020869099868161
More Russian desperation at work.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1647189408171401216
A large number of M109L self propelled howitzers on the way to Ukraine from Italy.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

That ghoul Prigozhin probably read the leaked us information and realises the Russian forces won't be able to hold against the counterattacks, particularly since they just used all their military resources taking a *checks notes* destroyed bunch of buildings where a city used to be with no strategic value.

This would also go some way to explain all the cope defences springing up over the occupied areas and the mandatory evacuation orders for the same.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Removing Wagner from the equation alone, if you don't take anything else that the defense of Bakhmut accomplished into account, is more than worth it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

what I really wanna know is

what does Russell Bonner Bently think about how the war is going

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Anyway now that Prigozhin has criticized the war I fully expect wagnar pmc to have its ownership changed to Putins daughter 23 seconds before prigozhin is found dead in another tragic window inspection accident.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1647165210954743808
Another video appeal, this time an individual one, posted by one of the mobiks sent to attack Vuhledar. He doesn't care if he gets punished, only that he can't take it any more and that he was lucky to be alive until now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tuna-Fish posted:

Most of Finnish geology consists of extremely old (1.5By+) exposed extremely hard and tough basement rock. If I go outside and kick a few cm of soil off, the rock below is solid, hard granite that goes straight down unbroken for kilometers.

As a Finnish guy I'm sure I had heard this back in geography class, and of course everyone who has ever tried to dig a potato patch knows just how much stone there is in this stone and viper filled land, but this is still good context and a good reminder.

And yeah, we do have a lot of tunnels, some of which aren't talked about for obvious reasons (for instance the tunnels might lead to a FDF weapon/ammo stockpiles, a nuclear waste disposal site, a classified bomb shelter etc) so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that some of our more excitable Q-Anon morons have decided to turn it into a huge conspiracy. But still... it's sad that we have a significant population of these guys over here.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Getting strong Metal Slug vibes from this pic

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Drone_Fragger posted:

Anyway now that Prigozhin has criticized the war I fully expect wagnar pmc to have its ownership changed to Putins daughter 23 seconds before prigozhin is found dead in another tragic window inspection accident.

Terrible accident at one of Prigozhin's restaurants where he accidentally gets trapped inside a walk-in oven and locks it from the outside.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Drone_Fragger posted:

Nah, it's likely just probing whether public would buy if Russia pulled from Ukraine to "protect Russia" or something

short thread
https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1647217536621064192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

My dear man, nobody wants Russia for themselves, you're welcome to keep it as long as you behave like civilized people and stop attacking your neighbors in some demented idea to recreate the vatnik union.