Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
AMC A list question: does the movie get AMC's money as soon as you book or only once you check in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
You should watch Gleaming the Cube

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I was reading the IMDB trivia for Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol and there was this little detail buried in it

quote:

Around the time this movie was made, a full-motion Police Academy video game was also filmed with the original cast, for Hasbro's NEMO console. According to developer Mark Turmell, the game was "essentially a lost Police Academy movie" which had multiple story paths that the player could choose. Unfortunately, the funding ceased when Hasbro decided not to proceed with the console.

Does anybody know any more about this? Or could point me to some places to find more information? Has any of the footage surfaced?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

ccubed posted:

For a moment, my brain mixed up that movie with Prayer of the Rollerboys. Lol.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

somebody in Games hooked me up with the deets, that Police Academy was entirely filmed, and the footage still exists. There just needs to be some incitement to actually take it and turn it into the game. Which, with modern technology, would be quite simple.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

My Uncle, who works at Nintendo, just told me Police Academy-

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Alan Smithee posted:

My Uncle, who works at Nintendo, just told me Police Academy-

It's killing me that the footage for an entire Police Academy FMV game with all the original actors exists, but will probably stay in somebody's closet until the footage degrades to unusability.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's probably just Night Trap footage they reused. Except the panty raiding cops became vampires

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
We'll also never get to play that FMV 3DO game where Rudy Ray Moore played a fireman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wJ9Xd6YRa0

It also had Timothy Leary, Mark Mothersbaugh and Tony Hawk in it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gripweed posted:

It's killing me that the footage for an entire Police Academy FMV game with all the original actors exists, but will probably stay in somebody's closet until the footage degrades to unusability.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Gonz posted:

It also had Timothy Leary, Mark Mothersbaugh and Tony Hawk in it.

And King Buzzo, David Yow, and Steve Albini of all loving people.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ccubed posted:

Holy crap that takes me back. I remember seeing that movie as a young kid and thinking skateboarders were the coolest people in the world.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Madkal posted:

Holy crap that takes me back. I remember seeing that movie as a young kid and thinking skateboarders were the coolest people in the world.

and you were right

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
BEAU IS AFRAID is awesome and simultaneously smart/dumb and gonna piss so many people off.

Think a sexually frustrated lucid dream version of A Serious Man where the main villain is Livia Soprano.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Nightmare Cinema posted:

BEAU IS AFRAID is awesome and simultaneously smart/dumb and gonna piss so many people off.

Think a sexually frustrated lucid dream version of A Serious Man where the main villain is Livia Soprano.

I'm pretty sure I've had that psychosexual nightmare so I'm sold

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

smug n stuff posted:

Update, in the end there were 8 of us, all attending alone.
Also, Showing Up was really good! Go see it if you have the chance. Michelle Williams and Hong Chau are both fabulous, and have this really like electric resentment/friendship chemistry. It also turned out to be way more about Family than I expected, and I’m a sucker for that poo poo.
Oh yeah also Andre 3000 is in it and he’s so cool.
michelle williams is in the running for frumpiest frump that ever frumped in that movie, in complete contrast to her performance in fabelmans

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed posted:

oh poo poo I just realized something about Elvis. It should be called Shin Elvis. It does the exact same thing as Shin Godzilla, takes this cultural icon that has been transformed by decades of kitsch, and strips that all the away, strips away the audience's familiarity with the subject and lets the audience see with fresh eyes what was so transformative and awesome about the subject when they first appeared.

This was a very good insight.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The Pope's Exorcist II: Luigi's Mansion

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gripweed posted:

Forgot to log in to your sockpuppet or just wanting to make sure everyone saw your Very Good Insight?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is there a YouTube or something that examines directors and their styles. In actual depth, not surface level nonsense. I'm watching Ninth Gate, and I feel the need to understand how Polanski make his films feel so Off

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Baron von Eevl posted:

Forgot to log in to your sockpuppet or just wanting to make sure everyone saw your Very Good Insight?

Do you disagree with the point?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Gaius Marius posted:

Is there a YouTube or something that examines directors and their styles. In actual depth, not surface level nonsense. I'm watching Ninth Gate, and I feel the need to understand how Polanski make his films feel so Off

Every Frame a Painting. Eps are on YouTube but there's not one specifically for Polanski.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Yeah I do

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gripweed posted:

I just thought it wasn't particularly insightful or interesting and I think quoting yourself nearly 2 weeks later to say "I am very smart" is weird.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Any recommendations on where to buy the complete Scandal box set on DVD?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gaius Marius posted:

It’s because he’s a garbage man with a garbage heart

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Anybody else see Thousand and One? It was good

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

CelticPredator posted:

It’s because he’s a garbage man with a garbage heart

I think a poster here pointed out that rosemary's baby is genuine evil because of Polanski, and that makes it interesting

Assaulted a child and made a a rad pensive movie about the devil assaulting a kid

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 16, 2023

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Warner Bros. is remaking Wings of Desire again, this one with the same title as the first remake (City of Angels).

Why. Leave Wim Wenders alone, you fucks. That movie is perfect as it is.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Peccadillo posted:

I think a poster here pointed out that rosemary's baby is genuine evil because of Polanski, and that makes it interesting

Assaulted a child and made a a rad pensive movie about the devil assaulting a kid

Repulsion too. The main character is clearly not well due to childhood abuse, which is just hosed up. This is clearly a topic Polanski feels is necessary to explore and draw attention to... and then he does it himself.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

Warner Bros. is remaking Wings of Desire again, this one with the same title as the first remake (City of Angels).

This will get the kids in theaters

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Timby posted:

They should cast Christopher Walken in Peter Falk's role.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nah, they'll just excise that part entirely for being too weird. Remakes love to remove all the interesting stuff.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Gripweed posted:

lol this is pathetic

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

As usual, I will simply choose to rise above all of y'all's negativity.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gripweed posted:

As usual, I will simply choose to rise above all of y'all's negativity.

Says the guy who suggested that there's something wrong with people who don't enjoy Southland Tales.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Timby posted:

Says the guy who suggested that there's something wrong with people who don't enjoy Southland Tales.

That's not negative, that's just accurate :colbert:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Black Lighter posted:

That's not negative, that's just accurate :colbert:

Horseshit. I think that movie is deeply unpleasant to watch and I have zero desire to ever see it again. Each time I've watched it (four times in total since it came out), I've absolutely detested it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Timby posted:

Horseshit. I think that movie is deeply unpleasant to watch and I have zero desire to ever see it again. Each time I've watched it (four times in total since it came out), I've absolutely detested it.

Did you watch the Cannes cut? The theatrical version is a strict downgrade