Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

This feels pretty close to me, I think I usually ignore them after 25 or 30 seeds. Just a few weapon and shield slots feels like enough to get over aggravation at running low. After that point, I'll pointedly ignore anything that even looks like it might be a korok puzzle.

There’s also the part where BOTW encourages you to develop your own fighting style - I found pretty quickly that I love archery in the game, so I deprioritized melee weapons and straight-up stopped expanding my shield inventory at four slots in favor of expanding my bow inventory to the point where I can always have like fifteen bows to choose from at any time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Watched the latest Tears trailer, powerful stuff! This game is gonna rule. One month to go...

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

There’s also the part where BOTW encourages you to develop your own fighting style - I found pretty quickly that I love archery in the game, so I deprioritized melee weapons and straight-up stopped expanding my shield inventory at four slots in favor of expanding my bow inventory to the point where I can always have like fifteen bows to choose from at any time

yeah same here. I also learned I was fine just running and dodging enemies instead of fighting them, so my Link was more of a guerilla fighter

regarding bows, a very small spoiler: bows which fire multiple arrows do not actually use more arrows. it magically duplicates or triplicates them. don't be like me and shy away from those bows because they are INSANELY powerful and will not drain your precious arrows like you'd fear

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

WarpDogs posted:

regarding bows, a very small spoiler: bows which fire multiple arrows do not actually use more arrows. it magically duplicates or triplicates them. don't be like me and shy away from those bows because they are INSANELY powerful and will not drain your precious arrows like you'd fear

That is one of the most useful tips for the game, having fallen into the same trap myself.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

On seeds, I myself feel comfortable when I have about ten weapons on me, and I want 14 slots so I can have a hammer and leaf and torch or whatever. I want as many weapons as Doomguy etc.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hammers are good for fighting Talus in the early game if they've got the stone on their upper back. Spin 2 win.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If you really need a sledgehammer at any point in the game there's one just lying out above Owa Daim Shrine on a shelf to the west. There's plenty of other spots but you'll have to do it anyway to get off the Great Plateau so that's a reliable one that'll always be there.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

So many people ignore shields in this game. They drop all the time and as soon as an enemy smacks them you can counter with lots of damage, even Lynels.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I can dig it folks, I should drop the hammer. Just let the hammerfall and whatnot.

https://youtu.be/X_7oqHThMAw

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cartoon Man posted:

So many people ignore shields in this game. They drop all the time and as soon as an enemy smacks them you can counter with lots of damage, even Lynels.

Any shield can be a mirror shield if you practice!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Did someone say sledgehammer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAWWmLfkWo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

weird coincidence because I was JUST talking about Idle Thumbs and Breath of the Wild with one of my neighbors (he's a fellow Gamer, it's not as weird as it sounds)

BotW really was the ultimate successor to Idle Thumbs-y games, like RFG and Far Cry 2

WarpDogs fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 16, 2023

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That doesn't sound weird at all. Games have been mainstream for quite some time. Nobody thinks of it as nerd poo poo anymore.

Geek culture is just culture now.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Heavy Metal posted:

On seeds, I myself feel comfortable when I have about ten weapons on me, and I want 14 slots so I can have a hammer and leaf and torch or whatever. I want as many weapons as Doomguy etc.

I’ll be honest: my first game play through I was one of the lucky ones that hit that one week window where there was a glitch that could get you hundreds of korok seeds/poops in a matter of an hour or so and I maxed out my slots. The glitch was patched by Nintendo toute suite and I still have that save where my Link is a loving murder god. But I’ve also started the game around 5 or 6 other times in a separate slot just to play again. I always feel mostly satisfied with 4 shield slots and around 6 sword slots then the rest in now slots. Sometimes I don’t even get up to that many on my restart games so the challenge is fun.

Also donning the shieka gear and being a silent sniper with arrows is one of my favorite ways to play

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

precision posted:

Okay so I've done 13 shrines, found a horse, visited kakariko village, climbed 4 towers, got several good swords, and I've only found 2 of the seed things.

I'm avoiding spoilers but I briefly saw online that there are, lol, 900 seeds???

Am I really this stupid

Gattdam that is bizarre tbh. You very well may be that stupid.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Hogama posted:

If you really need a sledgehammer at any point in the game there's one just lying out above Owa Daim Shrine on a shelf to the west. There's plenty of other spots but you'll have to do it anyway to get off the Great Plateau so that's a reliable one that'll always be there.

there's one leaning on Link's house that respawns every bloodmoon, but I think you have to have at least the exterior fully finished for it to start spawning

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/HyruleInterview/status/1647309426515410945?s=20

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Actually pretty interesting. Laughing that her brother brought her AND their mom in to write episodes. The great wild west of adapting video games to other media.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

pentyne posted:

Not sure about the hammer/axe but the one you definitely need to keep is a torch, maybe a korok leaf(can't remember why).

This is no doubt due to differences in playstyles, but I'd always keep a sledgehammer or another mining tool plus an axe around but never a torch or a leaf. I feel like whenever those latter 2 become important to solve something, the game tends to provide you with the tool nearby. But ore deposits and axeable wooden things like crates are simply everywhere.

I also like to keep a flame weapon around to start fires easily, but that's less important because you always have some flint and/or fire arrows.

Zat fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Apr 16, 2023

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Woke up in a cold sweat and realized zelda games that have direct sequels are

AoL > LoZ

LA > alttp

MM > OoT

Hmmmmmm totk... >botw???? (Yes, without even playing it, its obvious)

Playing n64 MM right now and im getting reminded how great it by just nit carbon copying oot other than reusing assets (full priced dlc???) and how insane it is they pulled all this poo poo off in 2000. Im hoping ill get to play through ww, tp and ss before totk drops but lol drowning in video games rn like its 1997-1999 again

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 16, 2023

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

MokBa posted:

Ever since that first trailer with Bacon Ganon, I've been curious as to what it was we fought at the end of BotW. I assumed the Spider Ganon with the creepy skull was the remains of his body, but I guess not. No idea if we'll get an explanation or just have to fill in the gaps.

I'd always assumed that was an emergency body Ganon pulled together at the last minute, the equivilent of panicking when somene knocks your door and you show up with your shirt on upside down.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What's going on on youtube? I saw that pointcrow is getting killed by nintendo for his BotW content and apparently others are too?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What's going on on youtube? I saw that pointcrow is getting killed by nintendo for his BotW content and apparently others are too?

Uploading the leaked TV commercial and acting surprised when Nintendo splats them, like come on now lmao

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Point Crow posts modded and vanilla BOTW challenge videos (and placed a $10k bounty for a multiplayer mod which someone actually recently claimed.)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It’s his mod videos that are getting taken down I think. It’s just Nintendo being Nintendo again

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RatHat posted:

It’s his mod videos that are getting taken down I think. It’s just Nintendo being Nintendo again

Recent video he said that his normal gameplay stuff is getting taken down too, as well as other channels I guess that never touched mods.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gameplay videos are spoilers and Nintendo is destroying them with extreme prejudice.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

MokBa posted:

I feel like I'm the only person that really dislikes Mipha. Maybe it's because I don't want to gently caress a fish. Maybe it's the breathy voice acting. I just did not vibe with her character at all.

Sidon on, that's my boy.
I'm in the same boat, but frankly, all the past characters are one-dimensional compared to their modern equivalents. Doesn't help that Mipha and Zelda have some really iffy voices. IMO Mipha should've been on screen longer, since she is much more relevant to the character you play as, yet she gets as much screentime as other people who just sorta died, and yet we're supposed to care for her that much more.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

Woke up in a cold sweat and realized zelda games that have direct sequels are

AoL > LoZ

LA > alttp

MM > OoT

Hmmmmmm totk... >botw???? (Yes, without even playing it, its obvious)

Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel to Wind Waker though

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Procrastine posted:

What i played of PH was still better than WW. :colbert:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Vikar Jerome posted:

What i played of PH was still better than WW. :colbert:

Die, heretic.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

hatty posted:

Please don’t find all the seeds

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Procrastine posted:

Direct sequel more like directly to the rubbish bin

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Dr Christmas posted:

kowing just about every gimmick, excepting until recently jumping fences on horseback.

Hang the gently caress on. What??

This game. Good grief.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Runcible Cat posted:

Die, heretic.

Only good thing WW has going for it is the artstyle. Bad zelda game otherwise.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

All this hype for TotK had me dust off my copy of BotW and play it last night. According to my save, I hadn't played since Dec 2018. I have all shrines and beat the DLC, so I figured I'd wander around and try to find some more Korok seeds. I started the night with 283 seeds. Looked at my Hero's Path to see areas I hadn't touched and tried to focus there to get more. A couple hours later, and I was at 295 Korok seeds. You'd think the world would just be saturated with Korok puzzles with 900 seeds being out there, but the map really is big enough to spread things out. I'm sure I missed some in areas I explored, too, because it's very easy to overlook things.

Also, I totally forgot how to play the game and was getting wrecked by every enemy I stumbled upon.

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 16, 2023

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Gameplay videos are spoilers and Nintendo is destroying them with extreme prejudice.

Would honestly be a bit funny if this was because the Nintendo bots looking for this stuff can't tell the difference between BotW gameplay and TotK gameplay.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Only good thing WW has going for it is the artstyle. Bad zelda game otherwise.

Bait so bad even the Fishmen wouldn’t bite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Nothing but truth from my posts, fry.