Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Is running support in a raid like a sign of weakness or something nowadays? I'm not a tank I shouldn't be carrying on as team healer here. It's even more ridiculous when one healing cheer could've carried us but everyone else loving refuses to and I'm completely tapped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Flopsy posted:

Is running support in a raid like a sign of weakness or something nowadays? I'm not a tank I shouldn't be carrying on as team healer here. It's even more ridiculous when one healing cheer could've carried us but everyone else loving refuses to and I'm completely tapped out.

I had to give Support a break for the Typhlosion raid and the solution genuinely was Solo DPS 🙃

yeah, Im not sure what "the meta" is now, so to speak, in terms of who is hooked 5 months after release, and who is getting their strats from where, but anecdotally it is a little harder for me and my Chansey to get into a group. some players hosting are VERY quick to cancel.

oh noes, suboptimal. except it isnt? rude, imho!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I've learned to quit out of a 6/7* raid immediately if someone brings an iffy Pokémon. just not worth my time

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

New thread title

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

wizard2 posted:

I had to give Support a break for the Typhlosion raid and the solution genuinely was Solo DPS 🙃

yeah, Im not sure what "the meta" is now, so to speak, in terms of who is hooked 5 months after release, and who is getting their strats from where, but anecdotally it is a little harder for me and my Chansey to get into a group. some players hosting are VERY quick to cancel.

oh noes, suboptimal. except it isnt? rude, imho!!

It's not even that the team composition was too bad it's that nobody but nobody wanted to do any support or healing so comes down to me and my glass cannon Espathra. Putting me in that position because no body else can be arsed to throw out a heal is absurd. Also this was against a poison type Dondozo. It wasn't like we couldn't have taken him.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the healing cheers doing variable %s, sometimes only healing for like 10-15% which usually isn't enough to survive one more hit, is bullshit. it should be at least 50%. they clearly didn’t playtest raids enough lol

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, so is the new pokemon anime really not streaming anywhere legally outside of Japan? That's insane, I watched it via criminally means and it's good. I figured The Pokemon Company would have put the first episode up on YouTube immediately just to let everyone know as soon as possible "HEY! THERE'S A NEW POKEMON ANIME! WATCH IT NOW!"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, so is the new pokemon anime really not streaming anywhere legally outside of Japan? That's insane, I watched it via criminally means and it's good. I figured The Pokemon Company would have put the first episode up on YouTube immediately just to let everyone know as soon as possible "HEY! THERE'S A NEW POKEMON ANIME! WATCH IT NOW!"

I know, it's so good. It's beautifully animated, the new lead character is great, the story so far is intriguing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Netflix is fail op.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I watched it via criminally means and it's good.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Even without the edit this is loving horrifying.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Netflix is fail op.

this.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I do not like it Sam I Am

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Lately I keep hopping between Pokemon Go, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Legends and Scarlet/Violet. I think it says a lot when I regularly see Rowlet, Cyndaquil or Oshawott in all four of these games.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

I think it says you have good taste

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

dervival posted:

I think it says you have good taste

I have to agree

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I like how even though the new anime is removed from Paldea, they've kept the role of 'big muscleman who actually really loves cooking'.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Flopsy posted:

Most everyone else playing is kids who just want to bring their favourite pokemon and mash button. Keep on doing your best. It is a breath of fresh air when you run into another player who knows how to play support!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
idk if this helps anybody but throwing this out there:

I wasnt able to access the Bank and Transport servers. the solution is to delete both apps, including save data, and reinstall. if your NNID is in place, there shouldnt be any issue?

a thank you goes out to the lone post I was able to find addressing this. it was a single reply to a random rear end Twitter thread. god drat I love Internet in 2023!!!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official now, no name, but it's funny they got to pretend the new anime hasn't started yet

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1647948029805182976

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Official now, no name, but it's funny they got to pretend the new anime hasn't started yet

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1647948029805182976

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1647993562443788289

I don't care who's to blame, I'm gonna be so loving annoyed at TPCi tweeting out anime screencaps every other week while the only legal way to watch it in the US is to wait 4+ months. Thank god that Some-Stuff has been doing good subs for the past seven years.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, haven’t they done official subbed releases for some of the animated shorts they’ve put out? I don’t see why they can’t start doing the same for the main anime as well (especially since Horizons is a fresh start of sorts and thus would be the perfect time)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They've simuldubbed some of the web animations, but for subs I think the only official stuff was Horizons announcements.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

They've simuldubbed some of the web animations, but for subs I think the only official stuff was Horizons announcements.

Ah ok, I know I’ve seen subbed versions of the former but I guess those were just fansubs then. Nevermind

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Larryb posted:

Yeah, haven’t they done official subbed releases for some of the animated shorts they’ve put out? I don’t see why they can’t start doing the same for the main anime as well (especially since Horizons is a fresh start of sorts and thus would be the perfect time)

They put out a subbed version of the Mewtwo remake. That's about it. I wouldn't even care if they didn't scrub all of the non game music from the show and replace it with poo poo.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rudoku posted:

They put out a subbed version of the Mewtwo remake. That's about it. I wouldn't even care if they didn't scrub all of the non game music from the show and replace it with poo poo.

I haven’t watched the dub in a while, do they still do that in the more recent series’?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Larryb posted:

I haven’t watched the dub in a while, do they still do that in the more recent series’?

Yes. They got the music composer for My Hero Academia, one of the guys in the height of his popularity with young boys, and the dub still kicks that music away for generic poo poo.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Yes. They got the music composer for My Hero Academia, one of the guys in the height of his popularity with young boys, and the dub still kicks that music away for generic poo poo.

Ah that sucks, I’d of hoped once they moved away from 4Kids they’d stop doing stuff like that

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Rudoku posted:

Same. I generally think TPCI’s dub is better than the 4kids dub even! Except for that poo poo! Since they’re on Netflix now and not an American TV station where they need to cut time to fit in commercials they also don’t have an excuse to not just dub the OPs and EDs and use the entirety of the original animation anymore, except that they don’t want to pay the licensing fees. Having the video feeds be the same and the same length would also make it really easy to do a duo audio release.

But alas.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

To be fair, some of the early 4Kids OPs for the series were pretty good at least

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1647363761928540160?t=8H-XaVOOx2zCOC5qiz43uQ&s=19

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Didn't know about this thing so I looked it up.

Why did they change mareep's cry to sound like "Daddy"?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Larryb posted:

To be fair, some of the early 4Kids OPs for the series were pretty good at least

Funny thing is 4Kids kept more of the original music. I definitely heard the "Ok" instrumental during early Johto episodes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rudoku posted:

Funny thing is 4Kids kept more of the original music. I definitely heard the "Ok" instrumental during early Johto episodes.

That makes the current philosophy even more bizarre then

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hammerite posted:

Most everyone else playing is kids who just want to bring their favourite pokemon and mash button. Keep on doing your best. It is a breath of fresh air when you run into another player who knows how to play support!

I know I know, I actually made off with a decent loot harvest at the end of the day. But getting players like that makes every raid I can manage to join a crap shoot. Only reason I raid nowadays is more so to bulk up my Herba Mystica reserves in preparation for spring breeding and shiny hunting. And I'm lucky if I can even get one or two instead of getting completely stiffed so watching little Johnny sweep the leg on what could've been a successful run makes me a tad salty.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I love that 2DHD from that one Square studio just uses Unreal 4. This one guy can make approximations of that style with UE5 to do a little bit of pokemon
https://twitter.com/DottDev/status/1647768613569572866

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

I love that 2DHD from that one Square studio just uses Unreal 4. This one guy can make approximations of that style with UE5 to do a little bit of pokemon
https://twitter.com/DottDev/status/1647768613569572866

This is actually so beautiful it makes me angry and I can't fully grasp why.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Flopsy posted:

This is actually so beautiful it makes me angry and I can't fully grasp why.

Is it because Gamefreak doesn't treat these games as the AAA titles they are and just shoves them out the door with bugs and lag and lazy graphics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Beachcomber posted:

Is it because Gamefreak doesn't treat these games as the AAA titles they are and just shoves them out the door with bugs and lag and lazy graphics?

So they do treat them like AAA titles then?