Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Yo what time does Costco shut down the free air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hed posted:

Thanks, I'm writing this down for the opening. My new range (also from Costco) actually came with a wok ring and can't wait to throw out the pretender all-clad square bottom one and get the real deal.

Whaaaaaaat?! That’s amazing.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Alan Smithee posted:

I do not know offhand but I know the gas pumps stay open for 1 hour after closing. I literally asked the manager. They also open earlier than the store but I don’t have specifics. Neither one helps you though I guess, sorry about that

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Alan Smithee posted:

At mine? Closing time, same as everything else.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Copped a grip of sunshine pops.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Thanks to Costco Optometry I got my first pair of glasses-- hadn't been to an eye doctor in twenty years, forgot I was paying for a vision plan "just in case" at work, found they took insurance and ended up going on a whim

My vision's always been about the same, honestly, and I could read the chart just fine-- but the dude said "still, let's try something" and started doing the lens slides in front of my eyes. Holy poo poo, it was like cheating at vision. The optometrist I went to as a kid didn't even bother and said my vision was perfectly fine :mad:

-0.5/-0.5, the world is hi def and my partner loves them, A+ Costco owns

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Why has no one told me about Better Than Bouillon?

Added one teaspoon in my rice cooker and drat, this is the best rice ever.
Yeah I do that when I'm making rice. It's like a cheat code for rice.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Alan Smithee posted:

should be whenever the tire shop closes, since i think those are the guys who turn the air on/off. at the one i usually go to, that's the same hours as the warehouse i think

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
air is free its literally everywhere

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

Chinatown posted:

Not for long. Air as a service startups are coming soon and will change the market.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Oxygen bars are already a thing

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Wait, what, there’s a air to be had at Costco? What corner do they keep that squirreled away in?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Chinatown posted:

Yeah, but with a quality paid air you can be 100% sure that it hasn’t been tainted by the lungs of those such as the homeless or Hillary Clinton.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Fontaine posted:

Yeah, but with a quality paid air you can be 100% sure that it hasn’t been tainted by the lungs of those such as the homeless or Hillary Clinton.

Fixed that link for ya :wink:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
It's not even air, the machine at my Costco only dispenses Nitrogen. Give us the whole air Costco!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Picked up a bag of Chili Mango last trip - drat they are addictive. Nice and thick slices, not super soft, and mostly not leathery. Probably going to finish the whole bag in under a week.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Knot My President! posted:

Thanks to Costco Optometry I got my first pair of glasses-- hadn't been to an eye doctor in twenty years, forgot I was paying for a vision plan "just in case" at work, found they took insurance and ended up going on a whim

My vision's always been about the same, honestly, and I could read the chart just fine-- but the dude said "still, let's try something" and started doing the lens slides in front of my eyes. Holy poo poo, it was like cheating at vision. The optometrist I went to as a kid didn't even bother and said my vision was perfectly fine :mad:

-0.5/-0.5, the world is hi def and my partner loves them, A+ Costco owns

Hell yeah

I'm gonna soap box on this for a bit but everyone should get their eyes checked out. My prescription is -0.5/-1.0 and sometimes people give me poo poo for wearing glasses when I don't actually need them. But the difference between glasses and one is seeing individual leaves on a tree instead of a green blob, it's seeing street signs a second or two sooner. Movies in theaters are better, it just makes life in general a little bit more enjoyable. Why would you not?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I haven't had mine checked since I got them lasered like 8 years ago I probably should.

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

Yeah I do that when I'm making rice. It's like a cheat code for rice.

This, plus a little butter, and then mixing in a teaspoon of good sesame oil once it finishes up yields the best rice.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

GOING TO COSTCO TODAY

edit: sorry

goin to costco today

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

killer crane posted:

institutional sized applesauce

I'm certain Costco sells it, your costco just must not for ... reasons??? 2 or 4 pack (can't remember) of big plastic containers, forget the brand. Maybe it's seasonal/regional because apples are seasonal and regional?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

bought a smoker from costco

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Nice! I'm going to be buying a brisket in a couple days for this weekend.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Went to Costco today, was very happy to see these little veggie-bean-rice chips they had a few months back make a return. Also I dunno if your stores are demoing them but there were some Tajin-sprinkled Chicharrones available that were excellent. I'd recommend them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

FPzero posted:

Also I dunno if your stores are demoing them but there were some Tajin-sprinkled Chicharrones available that were excellent. I'd recommend them.

Yep, on sale too, gotta do it

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Alan Smithee posted:

Tangent, but I picked up one of these mini air compressors that runs off the battery last year and absolutely love it. I have an extremely slow-leaking tire and it's so nice to just top it off every few months rather than go chase free air (or worse, get caught somewhere and have to shell out for the robbery of the paid ones).

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Renegret posted:

Hell yeah

I'm gonna soap box on this for a bit but everyone should get their eyes checked out. My prescription is -0.5/-1.0 and sometimes people give me poo poo for wearing glasses when I don't actually need them. But the difference between glasses and one is seeing individual leaves on a tree instead of a green blob, it's seeing street signs a second or two sooner. Movies in theaters are better, it just makes life in general a little bit more enjoyable. Why would you not?

This 100%. I got my eyes checked for the first time in about 20 years just about 2 months ago. Figured, I might as well, never noticed any real problems before. Covered my right eye, I could read the eye chart from across the room, no problem. Covered my left eye and, wait. Why did everything get mega blurry all of a sudden. Apparently my left eye has been pulling double duty for half my life and never noticed before.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Sloppy posted:

Tangent, but I picked up one of these mini air compressors that runs off the battery last year and absolutely love it. I have an extremely slow-leaking tire and it's so nice to just top it off every few months rather than go chase free air (or worse, get caught somewhere and have to shell out for the robbery of the paid ones).

You probably have a nail nice and snug in it. I played the top off the tire with a nail in it once a week or two game for a while but I think eventually it just vibrated the hole a little bigger and it became every couple days. Finally went and got discount tire to pull and patch it for free.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

rodbeard posted:

I haven't seen the kirkland chewy protein bars in months. I figured they most have stopped making them.

Forgot about this but when I was walking out and gave my receipt to the door person she was like "wow you must be an executive member you spent so much!" And I was all :hayter: "yes."

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Science says two G's is the best

https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/04/science-confirms-it-the-best-kimchi-is-made-in-traditional-clay-jars-onggi/

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Has anyone done the price comparison to see if Costco kimchi is actually cheaper than at an Asian grocery store?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Bum the Sad posted:

You probably have a nail nice and snug in it. I played the top off the tire with a nail in it once a week or two game for a while but I think eventually it just vibrated the hole a little bigger and it became every couple days. Finally went and got discount tire to pull and patch it for free.

Yeah, the tire is past end of life anyway and I've just been procrastinating to getting them all replaced. I drive <3000 a year so it's been on the back burner since I got the car 5 years ago.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HI join is in the smoking meats thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460953

I smoked a brisket I bought from costco a few weeks back and it was legit

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Vegetable posted:

Has anyone done the price comparison to see if Costco kimchi is actually cheaper than at an Asian grocery store?

It's definitely cheaper at Costco than at HMart in the Boston area, like half the price

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Those asian stores have a huge variety for comparable prices but unless you specifically want something of a certain spicy level, or more radish then cabbage, the jongga is by far the best option.

Also honestly most store brands are terrible. The best I've had is at a restaurant that makes their own, and they sell it for $20 a jar sized a bit smaller then the costco one.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Whooping Crabs posted:

It's definitely cheaper at Costco than at HMart in the Boston area, like half the price

The HMart is a Korean grocer, sure, but they're very upscale and all their stuff is like Whole Foods level pricing (unlike Whole Foods they actually back it up with quality).

Something like the Super88 with twist-tied one-pound plastic bags full of chicken testes, that's where you gauge for Asian value deals.

edit: thanks for reminding me I have 2-month old Jongga in the fridge. It's so awful when you first buy it but it's delicious now. They really should pre-age it more before putting it on the shelves so you can eat it right away. Maybe set up some kinda Costco Private Reserve...

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 17, 2023

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Sprained my leg last week and it's kicking my rear end today but need to go to Costco. Thinking to borrow a mobility scooter shopping cart.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

FPzero posted:

Also I dunno if your stores are demoing them but there were some Tajin-sprinkled Chicharrones available that were excellent. I'd recommend them.

If these were the 3501 (or whatever, some number sequence) I found them good but on the salty side, though I admit I’ve become kind of sensitive to that in the last few months. Didn’t stop me from destroying the bag faster than I should.

The quality of the Jongga kimchi got me to try them for other stuff, specifically some rice cakes for tteokbokki. They’re good, but huge; I’d have preferred more, smaller ones. Still worth it, and came in 500g packets which is just about the right size to make a reasonable-sized batch.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Why has no one told me about Better Than Bouillon?

Added one teaspoon in my rice cooker and drat, this is the best rice ever.

Yes. YES. I use the garlic BtB in my coconut rice (unfortunately can't find it at Costco...yet).
Oh yeah, I learned about coconut rice and the addition of BtB makes it the best thing ever in life. It's...it's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I have the 800 and I love it.