Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Smugworth posted:

Nom Epique got banned+7 days

:lmao:

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

I would like to formally nominate forums user wesleywillis for a GBS posting award for his exhaustive work over the past few days Seth Pecksniff

Wesleywillis hit 6969 posts with a rate of 4.20 a day a couple years ago. He's a fantastic poster worthy of high praise.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

tha piss skuller

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Wesleywillis hit 6969 posts with a rate of 4.20 a day a couple years ago. He's a fantastic poster worthy of high praise.

Honestly this was an incredible achievement and I agree

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I don't like all the jerks in sad being mean to GBS mods thats like the jocks from the rival school beating up on OUR nerds dammit

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nom should return all of his gear to microsoft, yeti, and crapple at once, he'd have enough cash to buy this place out from under jeff and truly set us free

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

I don't like all the jerks in sad being mean to GBS mods thats like the jocks from the rival school beating up on OUR nerds dammit

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Smugworth posted:

Nom Epique got banned+7 days for mild trolling but the definitely not a crew crew gets buttmad over sixers for posting ":gas: GBS"

Thank you shepherding us through these dark times, Seth, and being a shining example of how moderation should be done. Take note, lesser subforums

no one got mad at this dude lol i knew i was going to eat a sixer for trolling just relax and stop obsessing over this poo poo its not good for you.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Truly can't imagine any stranger behavior than trolling, especially in a community that averages 30-50 years old.

Weird thoughts.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stop obsessing over this poo poo its not good for you.

https://i.imgur.com/NgJt7KF.gifv

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Listen

Here's the thing

Forum enemies are dumb

Forum wars are dumb

Crew chat is dumb

This whole conversation is dumb

Maybe I should be a lot less flexible in this thread and going forward I will be

Cut it out. Now.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Listen

Here's the thing

Forum enemies are dumb

Forum wars are dumb

Crew chat is dumb

Maybe I should be a lot less flexible in this thread and going forward I will be

Cut it out. Now.

Yup, absolutely this, that was the point of my post. Thanks Seth

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Listen

Here's the thing

Forum enemies are dumb

Forum wars are dumb

Crew chat is dumb

Cut it out. Now.

Good.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

whats up with the av

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

whats up with the av

Long story I don't feel like getting into. Wasn't yours animated?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Valko posted:

Long story I don't feel like getting into. Wasn't yours animated?

Same av he's always had

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Smugworth posted:

Same av he's always had

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Friends, I love that GBS is a community where people from all walks of the forum come together to mingle, discuss, and learn from each other. The organic conversations that spring forth from these daily interactions are delightful and informative.

Unfortunately, this isn't the right thread to have a quick chat in.

Fortunately, there's a GBS Chat thread to satisfy all your idle-chatting-with-your-posting-buddies needs.

It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030048&pagenumber=4&perpage=40

Come chat!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

thinkin to chat

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Spinz posted:

I'm all over it. My earrings are nice, I'm a materials snob and don't use plated anything.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979339

I had an avatar that advertised my thread and I lost it when I was slamming spr.

It took me 20 bucks to get it right back then so I haven't replaced it yet.

I would post in some GBS art thread if anyone had any questions. I'm in a couple giant craft fairs soon, one will get 100,000 people in a day
I've been doing it for years. The last one I was in I made $1700 in 6 hrs :dance:
Or about drawing with eyeshadow, alcohol markers

I now also posted a SA-mart thread to sell art:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030011

And Sid has one too:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027509

I have been thinking about how a GBS art fair thread would work and I think the best way to do it, to be fair to everyone participating, is for each artist to post a blurb with a couple pictures and a link to their SA Mart thread or website or wherever they sell their art, and for the OP to quote each of those posts in the first or second post of the thread, so that everyone is displayed upfront before any discussion posting and no one gets buried in the conversation. Unless someone has a better idea maybe I will post that thread today?

Edit: It might actually be better to have all of the artists PM/email/whatever that blurb to me so they can all be posted at once. I am just thinking in terms of how to get maximum exposure for everyone instead of some people benefitting more due to posting earlier and getting more visibility. Could also be extended to CC posters and other forums too!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 17, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

deep dish peat moss posted:

I now also posted a SA-mart thread to sell art:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030011

And Sid has one too:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027509

I have been thinking about how a GBS art fair thread would work and I think the best way to do it, to be fair to everyone participating, is for each artist to post a blurb with a couple pictures and a link to their SA Mart thread or website or wherever they sell their art, and for the OP to quote each of those posts in the first or second post of the thread, so that everyone is displayed upfront before any discussion posting and no one gets buried in the conversation. Unless someone has a better idea maybe I will post that thread today?

Edit: It might actually be better to have all of the artists PM/email/whatever that blurb to me so they can all be posted at once. I am just thinking in terms of how to get maximum exposure for everyone instead of some people benefitting more due to posting earlier and getting more visibility. Could also be extended to CC posters and other forums too!

Maybe a sticky in the CC forum directing the posters there to the GBS fair art thread after it gets posted would be useful, should they want to make money off their art. Maybe take like, a week or so to ask people about it for collecting artists and their blurbs so you get as many as possible before posting.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

zone posted:

Maybe a sticky in the CC forum directing the posters there to the GBS fair art thread after it gets posted would be useful, should they want to make money off their art. Maybe take like, a week or so to ask people about it for collecting artists and their blurbs so you get as many as possible before posting.

This

And also maybe a banner ad. Maybe we can have a contest thread to design it?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Karma Comedian posted:

This

And also maybe a banner ad. Maybe we can have a contest thread to design it?

Photoshop contest thread would be nice in CC with a link or announcement in GBS leading there.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Would it be possible to get one of those red sticky threads asking for submissions for a couple days that appear everywhere, even the bookmarked threads list? That way we could make sure it was seen by anyone on the forums who makes art of any kind, regardless of what forums they visit. There are a ton of very talented and creative goons spread across this forum and it would be neat to see it all collected in one showcase. CC isn't the most active forum these days so if it's only posted there, it might miss a lot of people.

e: I guess that would be the point of the banner ad too

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 18, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

deep dish peat moss posted:

Would it be possible to get one of those red sticky threads asking for submissions for a couple days that appear everywhere, even the bookmarked threads list? That way we could make sure it was seen by anyone on the forums who makes art of any kind, regardless of what forums they visit. There are a ton of very talented and creative goons spread across this forum and it would be neat to see it all collected in one showcase. CC isn't the most active forum these days so if it's only posted there, it might miss a lot of people.

e: I guess that would be the point of the banner ad too

This is good too.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Smugworth posted:

Nom Epique got banned+7 days for mild trolling

lol I dunno why anyone would get surprised at the forum equivalent of "I'm gonna keep putting my arm in this crocodile's mouth, no way it'll bite it off lol" resulting in said arm being removed.

GBS is great for shitposting and the jokes and whatnot but if someone goes into Pet Island making posts about how owning animals means you're a sociopath, or going to AI to tell them that cars mean you can't provide for a family, or whatever else then no one should ever be surprised at the outcome lol

A Zen master once told me that I would know I have matured, for that is when I am finding out~~

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lol both of those examples are very funny and i didn't know he did either

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

lol both of those examples are very funny and i didn't know he did either

He didn't (I think, I don't exactly track his posts, they sort of appear like accidentally stepping in something out in a run), I think he just got nabbed by posting about how Xbox sucks in the dedicated Xbox thread which like, come on, what did you think would happen lmao

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I think the Ever Given thread could be goldmined. One of the best GBS threads IMO.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963154
Title could be changed back to: Massive cargo ship has run aground in the SuezCanal, blocking everyone else

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I would like a new rule where we all have to say "how do you do?" when we begin conversing with one another.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

I would like a new rule where we all have to say "how do you do?" when we begin conversing with one another.

:hmmyes:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

lol I dunno why anyone would get surprised at the forum equivalent of "I'm gonna keep putting my arm in this crocodile's mouth, no way it'll bite it off lol" resulting in said arm being removed.

GBS is great for shitposting and the jokes and whatnot but if someone goes into Pet Island making posts about how owning animals means you're a sociopath, or going to AI to tell them that cars mean you can't provide for a family, or whatever else then no one should ever be surprised at the outcome lol

A Zen master once told me that I would know I have matured, for that is when I am finding out~~

getting banned was his destiny

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
E woops

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

getting banned was his destiny

honestly its a coinflip if nom even knows you can unban yourself by buying your account again. however, shant speculate on it.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Why did he get away with the probe dodging he did back in the day anyway?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

It was a different time back then.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

How do you do, poster? That sounds a bit exhausting. I’m exhausted. I’m just gonna lie down for a bit.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hail and well met, fair poster! Wouldst thou regale me with an illustration of a swines manhood? Or perhaps an illuminated manuscript detailing Grovermanor?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

He didn't (I think, I don't exactly track his posts, they sort of appear like accidentally stepping in something out in a run), I think he just got nabbed by posting about how Xbox sucks in the dedicated Xbox thread which like, come on, what did you think would happen lmao

You're only allowed to post in games about games you don't like if the mods agree with your points, it's one of those unwritten rules.

That's why we have a whole thread for disagreeing about videogames here. It's one of the good things.

satanic splash-back fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Wrong thread