Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

BS works pretty much like a slam except you slam 73 times a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Awesome! posted:

losing resists?

Yeah. I was not expecting that.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

pork never goes bad posted:

Check out Jung's poison ms assassin. Viable as pf at least too. Molten strike is absolutely valuable in this wild era of vengeant cascade.

can it facetank uber bosses tho

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Frank Frank posted:

Welcome to one of the game's many design choices whose justification is "Diablo 2 did it".

J
Jun 10, 2001

I just wanna be able to hold right click and watch my guy walk forward and attack things with a strike skill if there is something there to attack. You know, like how it worked in diablo2 but for some reason this was one of the diablo2 things they didn't copy. I'm gonna forever complain about this :( :arghfist:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

pork never goes bad posted:

Playing around with orbs is more fun than not. Here is a short list of orbs that can drop in the campaign that you should definitely not click without thinking

Mirror of Kalandra
Divine orb
Exalted orb
Sacred orb
Orb of annulment
Uhh maybe there's other good valuable orb but mostly not until maps

Here is a site that shows the relative value of orbs compared to chaos orbs that might let you check whether stuff is valuable https://poe.ninja/challenge/currency

A single fusing is about 1/3 of a chaos orb. Not terrible to use during the campaign, but focus on 3 linking weapons/shields or 4 linking boots/gloves/helms that you'll plan to use for a while.

Ultimately, though, as long as you're aware that things snowball towards the endgame and that you're never going to play optimally your first run through, or even your twentieth, you'll be fine. Click orbs! Try stuff!

I got a void key during campaign. That is worth ~80 c.

edit:Technically not an orb, but still you should keep it and not immediately use it for a fancy colored unique that will probably be Bitterdream

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 17, 2023

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

J posted:

I just wanna be able to hold right click and watch my guy walk forward and attack things with a strike skill if there is something there to attack. You know, like how it worked in diablo2 but for some reason this was one of the diablo2 things they didn't copy. I'm gonna forever complain about this :( :arghfist:

on all the melee builds i play, i bind spacebar to force attack and right click to my move skill, then i just hold space permanently and right click on enemies lol

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Frank Frank posted:

I have bad news

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

xZAOx posted:

I have bad news

Oh I know. The “D2 did it first” jogged my memory so I’m assuming it’s going to happen again. Hate being this squishy again. Did a couple heists. Hilariously, the into heist killed me several times but the ones I found on the ground were much easier. Not really engaging with the “blow poo poo up” lady much. Mainly just focusing on leveling for the moment so I can work on putting my end-game kit together. Level 59 and grinding :smith:

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Not having the resist drop wouldn't change a thing about actual gameplay experience.

Item mod values and levels would be different to compensate, you would get a spike in act 6, etc.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Chakan posted:

We're chilling. I've done Kaom's Dream but not Daresso's, in act 4 - so I'm about to enter the Beast. I got a +1 level to lightning gems scepter in act 1 and added lightning damage support in act 2 so I went Arc, mostly. I'm moving at a snails pace because I don't play HC if anything is off and work has been real busy this week.

I'll play till this character dies, or I'll re-evaluate once I get to maps what all I want to go for.

Update on my HC SSF R Crucible character:

I did it! This character proves that Arc is strong enough to carry you through the campaign because I basically invested nothing into damage after act 3ish and was mostly fine till I put a few points into elemental overload in act 9.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Chakan posted:

I did it! This character proves that Arc is strong enough to carry you through the campaign because I basically invested nothing into damage after act 3ish and was mostly fine till I put a few points into elemental overload in act 9.

That part was funny as a new player because the doors telegraph what resists you need. I did Kaom first and then went into the ice door only to find mud/nothing resist specific l - so I switched back to my regular gear only to have the everloving gently caress owned out of my by the ice boss

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

Do Ritual events hold up long-term? I really enjoy the mechanic of simply killing monsters and then picking out nice loot.

Ritual is great, just make sure you have the always 4 altars node specced on your atlas tree. The only downside with ritual this league is that you can't really guarantee it with the map device this season. There is no scarab or sextant to do this either. I 'think' if you use a blood filled vessel in the map device it will pop a ritual though? Can't confirm this but that's what I was told. That said, if you take all the bonus to ritual chance nodes on your tree you will still get it really often.

I just don't think anything compares to harbinger. There are just so many ways to compound the drops. Scarab to get more, sextant to make them drop more shards and add more to the map, too bad this league doesn't have them on the map device like last league.

r0rb fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 18, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yes, Blood-Filled Vessel does add Ritual to your map

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just Another Lurker posted:

Bummer, what did you have hooked up to?

EHit on Raider, but I think that might have been barking up the wrong tree. Main issue I have is that since it's a spell that supports an attack, it's very hard to find anything that scales both. I guess you could just scale PB and just use some garbo attack to deliver it. But I also just remembered that you can scale attacks with spell damage, using either Kinetic Bolt or Crown of Eyes.

Might mess around with it more later.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Chakan posted:

nice! happy to see someone in thread do this (even if I moved on to trying softcore)

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
For the zero people interested, I can confirm Gravity Sphere only works with self casting Divine Ire, not in totems. Thankfully I had planned for this and was already self casting a 2-link to maintain Infusion. Now it just also makes a ball of suck.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So exactly how are you supposed to deal with the guy at the end of act 6? Is there a trick to it because even decked out with heavy cold resist gear that “summon tidal waves” thing he does is more or less instant death even if you’re standing on top of him. I killed him but it cost me almost a full bar segment of xp.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

queeb posted:

sounds interesting!

hey since this happened, can I get unbanned from the discord server? since my "crime" there was that I wouldn't put up with her psychopath bullshit daily.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

So exactly how are you supposed to deal with the guy at the end of act 6? Is there a trick to it because even decked out with heavy cold resist gear that “summon tidal waves” thing he does is more or less instant death even if you’re standing on top of him. I killed him but it cost me almost a full bar segment of xp.

Yeah, he's a pretty good cold/lightning res great check.

when the arena is wide keep your distance, as he's got a big swipe to try to one-shot you and a water shield that will chunk you.

When it closes in try to be about halfway between him and the arena edge, watch the ground for bright spots as lightning will hit there a few seconds afterwards and watch for water mortars coming out of the arena walls. If you really need to cheese it during this section you can teleport out, up back in then use the grace period to wait out the phrase, but you can't do this during his final vulnerable phrase since the arena will always be closed in during that.

Tonetta posted:

hey since this happened, can I get unbanned from the discord server? since my "crime" there was that I wouldn't put up with her psychopath bullshit daily.

Yeah...that ban didn't extend to the Discord.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Yeah, he's a pretty good cold/lightning res great check.

when the arena is wide keep your distance, as he's got a big swipe to try to one-shot you and a water shield that will chunk you.

When it closes in try to be about halfway between him and the arena edge, watch the ground for bright spots as lightning will hit there a few seconds afterwards and watch for water mortars coming out of the arena walls. If you really need to cheese it during this section you can teleport out, up back in then use the grace period to wait out the phrase, but you can't do this during his final vulnerable phrase since the arena will always be closed in during that.

I didn’t even notice lightning attacks. I thought it was all cold damage. That would explain it. I was fine in phase 1, died once in phase 2 and phase 3 just ate me alive. I’d spawn in and instantly die before I could even spin up blade vortex most of the time

Hilariously, he dropped a 2 jewel 14/14 cold and lightning resist ring that also has +14 to all resists. Would have been helpful. I also see how you get chromatic orbs now. Back when the max item drop was 3 slots, it was super rare to see a tricolor link. Now they’re everywhere. Also 6 gem trash gear gives you 7 jeweler orbs which owns.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 18, 2023

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

whypick1 posted:

oh that's cool and normal. thanks for letting me know

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Thank you for patching the game so I can go to bed.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

pmchem posted:

nice! happy to see someone in thread do this (even if I moved on to trying softcore)

Thanks, I haven't done a HC character for a couple years and this trip was a little reminder that it starts to stress me out too much as I near the campaign end. I might continue playing the character into maps but I'll probably be too busy to get even to yellow maps. As is tradition in Kitava, the hardest part is how strong some of the mobs are during the final heart phase.

For those thinking of playing ruthless: It's a great way to feel challenged by the campaign and push what you're capable of, but I still don't like some of the changes. It would go a long way if they gave a choice of a subset of support gems after act 4 or something similar, but that seems pretty directly opposed to the intent. The realities of path are that playing with what (support gems) drops doesn't really work so it's entirely possible to end up with only a mediocre 2-link that just makes bosses a slog. The gearing is good though, which I'm pretty surprised is my opinion now.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Can someone link me a Champ EA build that isn't this clusterf of one?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3324418

The guy put a lot of time into handholding those of us who still need it but English may not be their first language.

On another note what Duelist are yall enjoying this round? A Magma Orb or another totem could be fun. I haven't really played since Scourge

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 18, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zizaran has one

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

J posted:

I'm playing boneshatter and unless I'm missing something it works just like this...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I think I’m done until poe2. Both of the last leagues my interest to play has cratered upon hitting maps even with an effective build

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Ruthless trip report:

Having a good deal of fun slowly progressing through maps with 2 friends. We're pooling currency to craft maps and join eachothers kiracs for completion. We made it to red maps now and we're pretty proud we made it this far. Found a few 5 links that I throw all chaos at that I find, which is like 1 every 10 maps or so. Atlast is built for map sustain, alva and essence. Essence seems good to use as slightly more abundant alchemy orbs to try and gamble good rings/amulets with, and I've saved up some good gem corruption temples for later.

We're all lvl 84-86 at which point the experience seems to really slow down. Our dps is around 150k-300k each with a effective hit pool of about 15k-20k.
So needless to say we have to be really careful in red maps. Generally clear to the last mobs / open all chests and pray for good map tier drops.
Also gearing up for quantity / rarity is a very good tactic. My farm gear is about 30 quant / 80 rarity.

Overall the mode really grips you in and keeps you playing. The game is a lot simpler and more straightforward with a very clear goal of making it to the end.

The trade pool is a lot shallower but much more exciting when you get to snipe a good item for a low amount of alcs. Sold a Saffels frame which funded our map crafting for quite a bit.

Overal it just feels like ruthless feels more true to poe. The pace and choices you make feel more natural. My biggest gripe with the mode is the lack of true movement skills. I would have loved having leap or true dash on a short cooldown.

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 18, 2023

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

wild level 24 leveling tech

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tonetta posted:

oh that's cool and normal. thanks for letting me know

Elentor got banned from the goon PoE discord tonight actually (for unrelated reasons)

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Tonetta posted:

no, there were other things. it's just a discord (that you can't join), it's not that important. being in it doesn't get you secret PoBs or trading info. the good content is posted in this thread too, and any of the various streamer discords will probably have just as many if not more knowledgeable players willing to answer any questions. I don't even think it's 'the' goon discord, considering there's like 5 'goon guilds' in game each with their own chat groups etc.

the thread is great. it's gotten a lot better over the last months/years. I know I poo poo post a lot and feel free to disregard, but the quality of info has improved immensely. there are clashes of personality here and there, and that sucks, but overall I think people in here and in the various group chats just want to enjoy playing PoE together. some people don't go well together and that's just reality.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

for the folks who are missing Jousis,

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlatantDelightfulAsparagusMrDestructoid-a2x1Ovl5dv2hMSML

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
the king is back

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I never use discord. The only way I feel handicapped is on bulk trading and special services.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Where is the 2nd movement speed crafting recipe? Just want to be sure I didn’t miss it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

Where is the 2nd movement speed crafting recipe? Just want to be sure I didn’t miss it.

Chamber of Innocence. If you scroll down at your crafting bench it’ll show you the recipes you’re missing and hovering over them tells you where or what to get them from.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Mikojan posted:

Overal it just feels like ruthless feels more true to poe. The pace and choices you make feel more natural. My biggest gripe with the mode is the lack of true movement skills. I would have loved having leap or true dash on a short cooldown.

That’s kind how I feel, it’s a lot more like how poe was in the earlier days, but there are enough ways to get more powerful that it’s pretty clear what you should be doing. Not having a movement skill is frustrating because, obviously, the game was designed around having one.

Wishing your group good luck in pushing through the atlas, do you have any set goals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Arivia posted:

Chamber of Innocence. If you scroll down at your crafting bench it’ll show you the recipes you’re missing and hovering over them tells you where or what to get them from.

Cool I did it know that. Act 5 or Act 10? Does it even matter?