Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

if people are struggling to chat rather than just parrot the catchphrases of a serially banned poster then I will help. here are some topics

- what are you playing right now
- what are you reading right now
- what are you having for lunch/dinner

for me I am playing the megaman battle network legacy collection. they are games I played heavily as a teenager but during a phase of extreme piracy. so it is nice to finally give capcom money for them I guess

I should be reading The Satsuma Complex by Bob Mortimer but I've been slacking. he is an absurdist British comedian and it very much shows in his writing.

for dinner I am having pizza with garlic bread

MegaMan is pixel junk op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm playing 'pretend to work because there's not enough time to get into anything before the next meeting'.

Your post. Not great but I'm not upset.

Spaghetti with broccoli pesto and baked ham.

Thanks for setting up the quiz this was really fun.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

if people are struggling to chat rather than just parrot the catchphrases of a serially banned poster then I will help. here are some topics

for me I am playing the megaman battle network legacy collection. they are games I played heavily as a teenager but during a phase of extreme piracy. so it is nice to finally give capcom money for them I guess

I should be reading The Satsuma Complex by Bob Mortimer but I've been slacking. he is an absurdist British comedian and it very much shows in his writing.

I am going to probably clean out my car and then play some MechWarrior 5 as I unexpectedly have the day off!

I'm reading "Sailing Alone Around the World" by Joshua Slocum, a diary of the first known solo circumnavigation. Pretty interesting if you're into boats and travel otherwise maybe skip it.

I haven't even had breakfast yet so I have no idea for dinner. Pizza sounds good though.

What do you get on your pizza? And are you enjoying your book?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
MegaMan rules

I finished up Mortal Kombat 11 and now I'm going through the Lego Star Wars series

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

im getting high and playing max payne 3 and eating biscuits

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Karma Comedian posted:

I am going to probably clean out my car and then play some MechWarrior 5 as I unexpectedly have the day off!

Hell yeah
What kinda mech you maining op
I'm still in the centurion but some day I hope to get a mad cat

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Vibes? Deader than a physical office.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I played the original on SNES and man that was hard as hell. I'd get through the first few levels before I was absolutely under leveled and wasted

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Also if nom comes back we can reopen his thread but until then let's end that style of posting here thank you

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
it is a basic storebought pizza, pepperoni, nothing wild. if ordering Good Pizza i usually go for a spicy option

the pizza brand is pizza express. they also have restaurants. famously prince andrew used them as an alibi for why he couldn't be a nonce, because he was in pizza express

the book is good

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Smugworth posted:

Hell yeah
What kinda mech you maining op

It depends on the mission type/level but I've been mostly running the hero spider/firestarter or a 24SRM Stalker 3h

SRMs are OP, op

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 18, 2023

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

is mechwarrior 5 good? i haven't played one since the 90s but stomping around in a mech sounds kind of fun rn

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It's work time guys but hopefully not TOO much work!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Are you applying to be the new 🅾🅱

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i finished reading Anathem by Neal Stephenson last night. that book pwned hard

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Not sure if I should get Chinese or something reasonably healthy from the work caf for lunch. Obviously healthy is better but the Chinese place nearby is really good.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Books are gay they are like threads you can't post in

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Also if nom comes back we can reopen his thread but until then let's end that style of posting here thank you

I believe we were clear about this yesterday. do not reopen the fail thread

anyway I'm playing through the Armored Core series and am up to 2. This was my first PS2 game and it brought back all the feels of having my 16 year old mind blown at the amazing graphics as I played on a 19" wood paneled CRT.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Nooner posted:

Books are gay they are like threads you can't post in

nothing stopping you writing in books. draw a cock next to Mr. Darcy's name in pride and prejudice or w/e

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

is mechwarrior 5 good? i haven't played one since the 90s but stomping around in a mech sounds kind of fun rn

It's good enough for a mech game :shrug:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I hate the vibe of working from home instead of chilling at home, e.g. it stinks

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i petition to gas thwe epic thread as closure to everyone instead of just leaving it closed or w/e

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Gas is the solution of many of life's problems (bad threads, bad food, bad stomach pains)

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I'm playing with myself while reading your posts. Don't take it as a compliment.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i haven't been playing much game lately because of the multitude of rl activities i'm up to but when i do game i've been playing ni no kuni 2 on gamepass. it's been pretty fun, haven't played that style of game in a while

trying to schedule the next outdoor climbing session. our first one was dope as hell and now we just need the weather to cooperate to do more :yeah:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i petition to gas thwe epic thread as closure to everyone instead of just leaving it closed or w/e

🅾️ ye of little faith. what if epic username comes back

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

nothing stopping you writing in books. draw a cock next to Mr. Darcy's name in pride and prejudice or w/e

One of my in class US history middle school textbooks had PENIS in the back where the constition was. Not even a drawn penis but the huge word PENIS written over the bill of rights. Always felt lucky when I sat down and found that I had gotten the constitutional penis book

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

our d&d campaign is really heating up as well, running the classic adventure module Lost Mines of Phandelver and it's partially gone off the rails (in a good way)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

satanic splash-back posted:

I hate the vibe of working from home instead of chilling at home, e.g. it stinks

would you prefer to be in the office, that's faiul

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

our d&d campaign is really heating up as well, running the classic adventure module Lost Mines of Phandelver and it's partially gone off the rails (in a good way)

How so?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

would you prefer to be in the office, that's faiul

No I'd prefer to just not be working at all, and that's something I think everyone can agree with

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kalel posted:

🅾️ ye of little faith. what if epic username comes back

then he can make new threads like normal and get himself chained to another one until hes banned again. the nom epique saga and thread has run its course imo and shouldn't be prolonged. let us reminisce on the laughs rather than trying to squeeze blood from a stone

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

then he can make new threads like normal and get himself chained to another one until hes banned again. the nom epique saga and thread has run its course imo and shouldn't be prolonged. let us reminisce on the laughs rather than trying to squeeze blood from a stone

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

well teh PCs imprisoned the mayor of Phandalin and installed their lords alliance contact, Sildar, as the interim leader and basically imposed martial law on the town lol. Glasstaff escaped and i'm basically playing it like the doppelgangers and Glasstaff are the Spiders agents trying to control the whole region so they have their fingers in the pie everywhere, and the PCs are super paranoid about everything and everyone, it rules

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Your playing on unmodded Xbox right?

Sorry no mad cat for you :(

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

Your playing on unmodded Xbox right?

Sorry no mad cat for you :(

What the

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

xbox is junk. try checking out a superior gaming system, for example a Personal Computer

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm eating Raman for lunch from the work caf. It's okay I've had better and I've had worse.

Currently playing and raging at Company of heroes 3. But only when my buds are around for a game.

I started reading fear and loathing in Las Vegas but I haven't got to far. Haven't been in a reading mood.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

xbox is junk. try checking out a superior gaming system, for example a Personal Computer

Been hearing this in the Xbox thread from some ne'er-do-wells but I didn't believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im reading something called "Machine Man" which is about an incredibly socially awkward engineer losing a leg and becoming obsessed with upgrading his prosthetic/himself. it's very stupid so far compared to the last book i was reading but im hoping hes a full mech by the end and does something kool