Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

if people are struggling to chat rather than just parrot the catchphrases of a serially banned poster then I will help. here are some topics

- what are you playing right now
- what are you reading right now
- what are you having for lunch/dinner

for me I am playing the megaman battle network legacy collection. they are games I played heavily as a teenager but during a phase of extreme piracy. so it is nice to finally give capcom money for them I guess

I should be reading The Satsuma Complex by Bob Mortimer but I've been slacking. he is an absurdist British comedian and it very much shows in his writing.

for dinner I am having pizza with garlic bread

actually im eating ur lunch

bitch

and gonna wash it down by tipping a reign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

im reading something called "Machine Man" which is about an incredibly socially awkward engineer losing a leg and becoming obsessed with upgrading his prosthetic/himself. it's very stupid so far compared to the last book i was reading but im hoping hes a full mech by the end and does something kool

MechaMan sounds way better than the other guy

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

actually im eating ur lunch

bitch

and gonna wash it down by tipping a reign

i have already eaten my lunch so you'd be eating my poo poo if this were true. you've played yourself, Chief McHeath

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i finished reading Anathem by Neal Stephenson last night. that book pwned hard

Oh boy the maths wankering book.
I got like 2 pages in and realised Stephenson is not for me. My brain can't comprehend that poo poo at all lmao

I'm trying to work my way through some classics as I never read anything growing up. Been reading 1984 for the first time and gonna get onto that Oscar Wilde book from the book of the month thread thing.

Solefald fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 18, 2023

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
had to read 1984 at school so i dislike it more than it deserves. maybe i should give it another go now that i'm not getting tested on it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Solefald posted:

Oh boy the maths wandering book.
I got like 2 pages in and realised Stephenson is not for me. My brain can't comprehend that poo poo at all lmao

Stephenson always inserts too much info in his books about whatever current subject he is obsessed with, and whether you like one of his books really depends on if you are also interested in that same thing, i.e. Snowcrash and ancient language crap etc

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nintendo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

my kids loving love tghis poo poo

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

i found it!
don't say that I got owned earlier btw. that didn't happen

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

sega does what nintendon't

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like sega too.. yakuza ftw

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Never played Yakuza

Should probably remedy that

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I've been told that the xbone has the wrong type of RAM.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s also comically large!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s also comically large!

I got big hands, heh

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sony playstation

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

leftover spaghetti for lunch. still hungry

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I went with Chinese and it was the right choice. Got that fresh Hot N Spicy right out the wok :hai:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i made pasta carbonara last night and it was delish but dang i feel fat as hell today. :sigh:

going carb free today.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Also planning on some leftover pasta for lunch but it's special low carb high protein pasta made outta lentils and chick peas and stuff. We got it cause baby is giving my wife the beetus so we needed lower carb stuff but it's actually hella good and the extra protein will help me get swole so I think gonna keep buying it even after baby arrives and we can go back to normal diet

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
ate the pizza and garlic bread if anyone's keeping track. evenly distributed between myself and Mrs Cool Aids but she was too full so gave me her last slice. gobbled it like a greedy twat

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i should make a wrap for lunch since i have just enough stuff for one more EXCEPT the romaine is turning brown and was already barely edible yesterday so instead i will eat uhhhhhhbhbhhhhhhh

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
I've been playing WZ2. Need to catch up on wins. It didn't count my 2 last week :negative:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i should make a wrap for lunch since i have just enough stuff for one more EXCEPT the romaine is turning brown and was already barely edible yesterday so instead i will eat uhhhhhhbhbhhhhhhh

throw some chicken, buffalo sauce and chunky blue cheese dressing on there

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Never played Yakuza

Should probably remedy that

MATE

get on Yakuza 0 right now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pacerwpg posted:

I've been playing WZ2. Need to catch up on wins. It didn't count my 2 last week :negative:

Been having good success on WZ Resurgence. I need to freshen up my loadouts though.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
i ate a tonkatsu, kimchi and fried egg sandwich for lunch. dinner with my wife's family tonight, hopefully it doesn't interfere with my scheduled "watching IZWF and smashing beers on my head" time :evilbuddy:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

What is your doctorate in, doctor cool aids?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Peggy Edson posted:

throw some chicken, buffalo sauce and chunky blue cheese dressing on there

i only have grilled chicken :hotpickle:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Thinking to make chicken phillies tonight

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Thinking to make chicken phillies tonight

chicken cheese? do it bro.

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023

Chinatown posted:

Been having good success on WZ Resurgence. I need to freshen up my loadouts though.

Massive Resurgence is fun but Ashika gets me tilted. Last session went decently though, I think the new POIs spread people out a bit so it's less of a clusterfuck.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

chicken cheese? do it bro.

Might even go hog wild and make em Buffalo style

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pacerwpg posted:

Massive Resurgence is fun but Ashika gets me tilted. Last session went decently though, I think the new POIs spread people out a bit so it's less of a clusterfuck.

Not really feeling massive resurgence lately because on Al Mazra there's so much open space and I feel like the gameplay doesn't flow as well.

You get into these firefights in whatever village you dropped into then have to dodge one-shot down snipers in some massive open space as the circle shifts.

Gettin dubs on Ashika on the regular lately though.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Karma Comedian posted:

What is your doctorate in, doctor cool aids?

temperature-sensitive immunology

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I wish I could still enjoy multiplayer FPS but I just don’t have the twitch reflexes anymore

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I wish I could still enjoy multiplayer FPS but I just don’t have the twitch reflexes anymore

Play multiplayer RTS games like me and rage yourself into an early grave

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saalkin posted:

Play multiplayer RTS games like me and rage yourself into an early grave

RTS on console is no bueno

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

try checking out a superior gaming system, for example a Personal Computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

True but age of empires 2 & 4 just hit Xbox. Might be alright if they have they're own kiddie pool to play in