Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im about to be toxic

Stop eating so much cheese OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Threadban lolontee!!!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im about to be toxic

A guy like you should wear a warning

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
i'm about to use toxic. enjoy your poison that steadily increases damage with each turn you dumb fucks!!!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

skeleton warrior posted:

He likes F1, he does wear a warning

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

i'm about to use toxic. enjoy your poison that steadily increases damage with each turn you dumb fucks!!!

poison..... the most epic type

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

iwentdoodie posted:

He likes F1, he does wear a warning

Nothing like F1 for red flags

(also, thanks for the compliment, Nuns, enjoy your nap)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
I am extremely hyped for SUDDEN IMPACT tonight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im about to be toxic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

skeleton warrior posted:

It's dangerous... I'm probing

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im about to be toxic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xsqS49w304

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

I am extremely hyped for SUDDEN IMPACT tonight

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

whats a good follow-on series for Chainsawman? Now that Ive wrapped it up want to check something else similar

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

It can depend a lot on the temperament of the dog and cat. I knew my cat was indifferent to dogs that didn't bother her because she's had dogs visit before. It might help you gauge the cat's reaction if you know someone who could stop by with a cat-friendly or at least cat-socialized dog to see how your cat feels, too. See if you can dog-sit for an afternoon and figure out what the cat does. Do give her a place to retreat to like a tall cat tree or another room where the dog can't go.

Besides that, you can always check at rescues if a dog has been tested with cats, small dogs, children, etc. and ask how they reacted to all of those, and a lot of rescues are open to doing a "test visit" in the home. Some breeds can have stronger prey drives that a cat sets off, but that's not a guarantee any specific dog is dangerous. My cat has also cohabited with an elderly Jack Russell Terrier mix, who was never aggressive and instead was initially terrified of her, which slowly came around to mild discomfort. Like Boba mentioned, the big thing is making sure any interactions are controlled and done under your observation at first so you can intervene if there's any tension. If you're not around, keep them separated in different rooms or parts of your home. You may wish to kennel the dog when you're not home, etc.

Comparing Finnish people to Malkavians is making them sound way too cool tbh

MarcusSA posted:

So we got a puppy to go with our two cats and while it was kinda a pain in the rear end it’s turned out ok.

Firstly you definitely need to make sure to give the cat a place where it can go that the dog can’t. We got a baby gate and walled off the upstairs so the cats could be away from the dog when they wanted.

We also made it very clear to the dog not to approach the cats. They can come up to her but she rarely goes up to them. At this point she just walks right by them. She also knows the cats are in at the top of the pecking order.

Also keep in mind that you’ll have to figure out where you are going to keep the cat food and water because the dog will definitely eat that poo poo lol. We have a feeding station that the dog can’t get to.

Just make sure the cat has its own safe space and you’ll be fine. You definitely have to keep a close eye on things for a while though depending on the dog / breed/ age of the dog.

It’s not impossible! It can be a lot of work or you could get hella lucky and get a dog that doesn’t give a poo poo about the cat.

great posts friends, and thanks again to boba for getting it rolling, really appreciate it! Lots of advice to chew on, and thanks again to all of you for giving me some real advice on it. we’re thinking mostly of adopting a young pup from a shelter here, so the dog and cat can sort of grow around each other. escargot (our 2 year old tortoiseshell) isn’t particularly afraid of other dogs or cats, though she’s not really been socialized a lot. our neighbor’s dachshund puppy accidentally got into our apartment once though and while she kept her distance from the dog, escargot wasn’t scared of it, more just annoyed that this dog burst in through the porch door and started eating her kibble.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Dandywalken posted:

whats a good follow-on series for Chainsawman? Now that Ive wrapped it up want to check something else similar

eating your pet goldfish at their funeral should put you in the mindset

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

eating your pet goldfish at their funeral should put you in the mindset

Weird flex but I suppose it was sad yet hilarious when Homer did it

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

was it RBY that you could turn it into normal poison by swapping the pokemon out and back in

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Craig K posted:

was it RBY that you could turn it into normal poison by swapping the pokemon out and back in

yes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im about to be toxic

guilty pleasure song tbqhimo

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im about to be toxic

PM an admin first

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dandywalken posted:

the closest comparison i can make is Jujutsu Kaisen, which felt a lot more standard shonen-y from what i read of it but follows some of the same beats. Dorohedoro for the same kind of black/surreal comedy+supernatural+gore combo. uhhhh that's all i've got, CSM is pretty in a league of its own

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dandywalken posted:

devilman lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

devilman lol

still gotta read that...

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Weird flex but I suppose it was sad yet hilarious when Homer did it

https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1647979577682042884

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/BforBakers/status/1647999735121481729

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

symbolic posted:

guilty pleasure song tbqhimo

why even feel guilty

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Would a goldfish eat a human. They're omnivores right

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

why even feel guilty

hmm fair

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Autisanal Cheese posted:

who are the people mad at 16bb for causing the final fall of Iron Crowned?

chain probing really scares a mf...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Would a goldfish eat a human. They're omnivores right

if they could. i think whatever they can fit in their mouth they can eat, like the big mario fish. goldfish goldfish apparently have maxed out at like 4kg ever? other carp get big. giant barbs can hit almost 2 meters. they're critically endangered. looking for pictures/videos of them is pretty fishy... these look trustworthy though

you can tell it would eat river monster guy if it could

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i live near a pond and every few day i go on a walk and feed the catfish and they swim right up to the top of water to get the fish food... owns.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i live near a pond and every few day i go on a walk and feed the catfish and they swim right up to the top of water to get the fish food... owns.
Sick.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

catfish ftw

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Luring them into a false sense of security before you begin your noodling campaign

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol they were originally stocked into it to be used for fishing but i've grown too attached to them so i've never done it myself

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if i stepped into the water they would eat me alive

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
catfish are kinda crummy to eat anyway. theyre better as just funny little guys.

you should start randomly introducing wildlife to the pond and see what happens. add two eels just for fun

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
When I was younger my Uncle took me to a pond that was stocked with fish, you paid to get in and also had to pay for the fish you caught or throw them back. I thought it was super pointless and wondered why anyone would go there.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
people pay good money to traumatize a fish

edit - misread and thought you had to pay to throw the fish back into the water

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

fun hater posted:

catfish are kinda crummy to eat anyway. theyre better as just funny little guys.

you should start randomly introducing wildlife to the pond and see what happens. add two eels just for fun

a few turtles have moved in including a big rear end snapping turtle thats been there for as long as i can remember lol