Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Did everyone get venomized in the comics or is that just a snap theme for variants

I'm googling them and the results are surprising.

Here's a few that have been venomized somewhere in the Marvel universe:

• Cloak
  • Dagger
  • Deadpool
  • Killmonger
  • Kraven
  • Nova
  • Omega Red
  • Quicksilver
  • Red Skull
  • Scorpion
  • Typhoid Mary

And here's ones that haven't:
  • America Chavez
  • Angel
  • Armor
  • Baron Mordo
  • Cosmo
  • Debrii
  • Gambit
  • Goose
  • Hell Cow
  • Juggernaut (I think?)
  • Lady Sif
  • Lockjaw
  • M'baku
  • Thor
  • Viper

A lot of the ones that haven't are from alternate covers from the Venomverse series, where everybody has a symbiote but they don't actually appear in the books as far as I can tell. A surprisingly even spread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Oops should have clicked through

How much does Magneto get used? He's one I'm still missing.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Technically no? I "can't let sleeping dogs lie", so to speak. Having that red notification number on the CL in the main page of the app and knowing there are unopened boxes trigger some weird form of....not anxiety, cause that seems disrespectful to people with actual anxiety issues... But I don't like it. I have to open my caches right away.

What I CAN do, however, is just keep baking credits and boosters and THEN upgrade a bunch of cards all day once. Got like 5000 credits saved, so tube to go on a spending spree!

Right right.

I just spend the credits, but skip over the reserves on the collection track. I would not be able to not spend any credits, and having half of my 'reserve' in reserves and the other in credits seems more difficult to handle than just having them all in reserves.

Plus I don't have to calculate, there's one simple number showing how many reserves I have to open.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Having the latest card in everyone's shop for a whole week is dangerous. I just impulse bought Jeff. drat you Jeff.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Youremother posted:

I'm googling them and the results are surprising.

Here's a few that have been venomized somewhere in the Marvel universe:

• Cloak
  • Dagger
  • Deadpool
  • Killmonger
  • Kraven
  • Nova
  • Omega Red
  • Quicksilver
  • Red Skull
  • Scorpion
  • Typhoid Mary

And here's ones that haven't:
  • America Chavez
  • Angel
  • Armor
  • Baron Mordo
  • Cosmo
  • Debrii
  • Gambit
  • Goose
  • Hell Cow
  • Juggernaut (I think?)
  • Lady Sif
  • Lockjaw
  • M'baku
  • Thor
  • Viper

A lot of the ones that haven't are from alternate covers from the Venomverse series, where everybody has a symbiote but they don't actually appear in the books as far as I can tell. A surprisingly even spread!

Didn't knull literally venomize everyone on earth or close to it? (or was it just all of NY?) I know Storm definitely did during the event and I think thor as well.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Billy Gnosis posted:

Didn't knull literally venomize everyone on earth or close to it? (or was it just all of NY?) I know Storm definitely did during the event and I think thor as well.

I didn't even know Knull was a symbiote. Marvel lore is a catacomb so deep there are no goodbyes.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

CitizenKeen posted:

Unexpected interaction:

Plunder Castle | Klyntar | Starlight Citadel

I assumed Klyntar would fire, then Starlight Citadel. I assumed that the merging would happen, then the locations would get shuffled (loading up some good stuff into Plunder Castle).

But the locations got randomized, then Klyntar fired, merging a couple ongoing cards into a pile of garbage.

What order do locations fire in? Is it not Left-to-Right?

For some reason Starlight Citadel has always fired first, no matter where it is in the location lineup.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Youremother posted:

I didn't even know Knull was a symbiote. Marvel lore is a catacomb so deep there are no goodbyes.

Knull is like the prime symbiote or something. He rules Klyntar maybe? I looked it up when they announced him as a card.

Gotta say, Leadering an opponent's Knull to get the win feels gooooooood.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

For those who give a poo poo Knull is a god and creator of all symbiotes, which were formally all a hive mind connected directly to him until Thor managed to kick his rear end hard enough that he lost control. This is why he has the power of all destroyed cards, he gets stronger the more his symbiotes eat.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Hobo Clown posted:

Oops should have clicked through

How much does Magneto get used? He's one I'm still missing.
Not critical really, hulk would serve the same purpose of being a big body or you could sub in another big utility 6er (Doom into Zola is my fav ramp combo and is great backup to Odin).

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Oops, turns out I did need to update the app. Who should I sub out for Skrull now that I have him?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Holy poo poo, pulled Kang out of a collector cache. I should buy a Powerball ticket.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Ok yeah this deck owns

tor_blackblood
Feb 14, 2012

Where death seems to dwell...

stev posted:

Having the latest card in everyone's shop for a whole week is dangerous. I just impulse bought Jeff. drat you Jeff.

I'm still kinda confused by this. Does this mean I'm only gonna see Jeff in the shop for the rest of the week? Or will there be another option alongside him if I don't purchase him?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

tor_blackblood posted:

I'm still kinda confused by this. Does this mean I'm only gonna see Jeff in the shop for the rest of the week? Or will there be another option alongside him if I don't purchase him?

One slot is always for the newest release, one slot rotates between ultimate card variants and one slot rotates between series 4/5 cards like before

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

the_steve posted:

Holy poo poo, pulled Kang out of a collector cache. I should buy a Powerball ticket.
Yeah that was me a month ago when I pulled Galactus out of a cache instead of one of the bad Series 3 cards I hadn't pulled yet

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Patriot stomps Leader, for those encountering it.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

CitizenKeen posted:

Some poo poo never changes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We should get credit refunds for upgrading cards that end up getting nerfed

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
why tho? you got the CL from upgrading it

anyway shop ticking over at noon fixed my s3 card not showing up. complete again with valk, who i almost bought with tokens a couple weeks ago before i realized she'd be in the next series drop.

one fun new bug i found is that spiderman spooge seems to stick around for the rest of the round?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

parasyte posted:

why tho? you got the CL from upgrading it
because i upgrade cards i want to play so they look pretty

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I feel like this is gonna be a rough meta for a while as a non leader haver

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I feel like this is gonna be a rough meta for a while as a non leader haver

Me - 5 months ago

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

CitizenKeen posted:

I already found Patriot a problem for Sandman ramp, but generally Sandman ramp can handle most of everything else well enough. I'm gonna give the version with Leader a try out tomorrow. Hopefully it's more consistent vs Shuri/Galactus and still holds up well against everything else. I just hope I don't lose a ton of cubes again. I've been stuck at 85 for a week after playing other decks to complete the 4 drop mission which keeps coming up (I was only running Shang and rarely play him) and I really want to hit 90!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Just made it to 90 after storming up 10 ranks with a Zabu-less Hazmat Sera deck. Lots of bots but this is my new most fun deck after the patch, I think my Jubilee/Lockjaw deck is going to be even worse now.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

victorious posted:

Just made it to 90 after storming up 10 ranks with a Zabu-less Hazmat Sera deck. Lots of bots but this is my new most fun deck after the patch, I think my Jubilee/Lockjaw deck is going to be even worse now.

Could you share your list? I still don't have Zabu or Darkhawk but I would love to give Hazmat/Sera/Luke some love.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Nerf Galactus you morons

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

cgeq posted:

Could you share your list? I still don't have Zabu or Darkhawk but I would love to give Hazmat/Sera/Luke some love.

Sure, here's what I used. I think Zabu would replace Maximus if I had it.

# (1) Nova
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Hazmat
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOb3ZhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUeXBob2lkTWFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGF6bWF0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMdWtlQ2FnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NhcmxldFdpdGNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

DurosKlav posted:

Nerf Galactus you morons

Let's just make every card 1/1 with no abilities.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

uXs posted:

Let's just make every card 1/1 with no abilities.

Found a Galactus main.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Just a reminder that Galactus loving rules

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Lol I got Jeff from District X and he instantly hosed my game. It's turn 6 and I have 7 energy from Electro, I play Spider Woman left and Jeff right in my lane with Prof X in it because wow gimmick, then I decide not to and try to put him back in my hand and the game won't let me. He just goes right back out of my hand back to where I put him. So I undo all actions and suddenly the game says I have 11 energy, but I don't have enough energy to play any cards! I tried closing out of my app and reopening it, no dice. I decide to just end the turn in case I won anyway and my game immediately crashed with that Aw Snap message. I did win that game at least but man wtf happened?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Also Galactus is fine, literally nothing needs to be changed about him, just because he's annoying doesn't mean he's actually strong. He's a bad card for the game but nothing about him needs to be nerfed, he shouldn't be in the game in the first place but if the devs want the Galactus Guessing Game to be a part of the experience he's about as good as you could hope for right now.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Post nerf my Lockjaw & Co deck seems to still run fairly well, since the only 0 1 drops I have are Wasp/Mjolnir and Sunspot. I did swap out Infinaut for American Chavez and may do something with Super Skrull since I had originally inserted them for boosters and they've been useful enough to hang around.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hobo Clown posted:

Ok yeah this deck owns

The gameplan seems straightforward enough but my luck has been atrocious with this deck this morning. "Oh that's Galactus, where's Aero/Magneto to move or Leader to copy?" "Oh hey, Shuri and I'm ahead, I just need Leader or Aero. Anytime now. Anytime now....." "Okay, Thanos who's still running Lockjaw, all I need is Sandman. Yup, Sandman would be nice. Yup.." Didn't help that like 3 games had Krakoa who is...incredibly creative at turn 5 plays.

I realise it's variance but I reached the point where I just started blankly at the screen and closed the game. That one game win sure was nice though!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I beat galactus every 9 out of 10 games, mainly because I run anti galactus techs in every main deck but it’s just such a boring game to play out. Doesn’t even feel like a snap game

It’s super counterable and iirc has a low win rate so no real point in nerfing it. Just shouldn’t be a card you can buy but it’s way past the point you can delete it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So what's a good Thanos deck now because the old one really relied on Lockjaw and getting Leech out

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Quackles posted:

Sneak into The Vault or Sanctum Sanctorum (or Flooded). Alternately, shut off Onslaught's Citadel, etc. right before Turn 6.

Oh aaaah the effect turns off all locations, I thought it was just this specific hawk card that ignored the location effect. Ok then its actually a decent card. Just uh, hard to fit into a deck I guess? Unless you build a deck for the hot location of the day. Which is fun too! I love building decks.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Opopanax posted:

So what's a good Thanos deck now because the old one really relied on Lockjaw and getting Leech out
The same deck is still ”good” you just need to use a brain now and fight a bit harder for your wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Opopanax posted:

I switched from Lockjaw to Ongoing before the nerf and I liked it a lot more. No Wave had a deck list earlier in the thread that I'm using.