Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Probably the season finale. There's a farm message that is still missing, etc., so I imagine this is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

yup, that’s my read too. then a few weeks of Guardian Games, one final wrap-up week with a cutscene, and Season of the Deep starts

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You betcha!

1. Retribution
Destroy the Shadow Legion's prison ship in "Mission: Retribution."
2. Retribution
Visit the holoprojector at the Farm for a debriefing with Crow.

Probably a good idea to get the grimdark seasonal plot resolved before we start celebrating Guardian Olympics

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Not that I think this season's story has necessarily been bad, but I really want to know how they're going to stick the landing because it's been not very good either.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

last season I was like “oh hell yeah!!!” every week was the first half of Plunder. I’m still having a ton of fun tho, just not been vibing as much with what feels like the retcon-y nature of a lot of the story reveals

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChaosReaper posted:

Can't find a good answer so I'm hoping someone here knows. It looks like seasons will carry over to another platform but expansions won't. If I bought the Lightfall Annual Pass edition for Xbox, would I just need to buy the regular edition for PC and still get my seasons? I assume it's yes but wasn't sure because technically they are future seasons from a bundle so I'm not sure if they work the same as having bought individual seasons.

I switched from PS4 to Xbox a couple years ago and yes your understanding of the situation is correct. Your seasons are fully cross platform and will work on whatever platform you play, but you will need to buy the expansion again.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Astrochicken posted:

It's been pretty terrible. Reminds me of early WoW where patch days would get extended til they took up the rest of the day.

Back then we'd get free subscription days with all this downtime.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

magiccarpet posted:

Back then we'd get free subscription days with all this downtime.

rose-colored glasses, friend. i don't remember ever getting any free days.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Let's just say... you didn't pay, with money

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
boy howdy I've love to get in a nightfall strike or seasonal activity before getting dinner ready tonight

or even just shoot my new buffed auto rifle

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
My Gnawing Hunger is trash but I'll keep using that garbage anyway :hellyeah:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's fine. The worst gnawing hunger is still better than the best raid exotic.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

imma bout to change the thread title back to "No, Downtime Expected!"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the "all hands" challenge this week is for the server crew

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Weapons get Surge/Overcharge bonus if they have an Artifact Mod (i.e. Overload Bow, Barrier Sidearm, Unstoppable Glaive)

What!! I didn’t know that!

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Oh hey, Auto Rifles are getting buffed? Cool! I got lots of 'em! I felt they were falling behind the curve a bit. I'm enjoying the Strand AR but I thought it could use a little more ooomph.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Quicksilver slaps pretty hard now.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
RIP to triple-pulls from the Terminal Overload chests. At this point the gear didn't even matter, it was just good for levelling weapons.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Halibut Barn posted:

RIP to triple-pulls from the Terminal Overload chests. At this point the gear didn't even matter, it was just good for levelling weapons.

what, how did they change this

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Feels like a good way to get even less participation in TO, but I suppose it's a pretty goofy thing to leave around.

ex post facho posted:

what, how did they change this
Re-opening TO chests (by exiting the area and coming back) no longer gives loot or weapon leveling progress.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

RIP Terminal Overload 4/18/23

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I’m not interested in the event card for anything but FotL but this kicks rear end lol

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1648416379177951235?s=46&t=Lil8vLMPVkfPh80ODFeUGg

I love all the goofy Ghost shells

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Considering almost any time I load purposefully into the one TO node and there is either 1 person there or none, it seems like they would want to do anything they can to make it more popular.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I also meant 'assuming the activity is not Void Surge'

Okay, it sounded like you were saying "Commemoration does not get the benefit of Void Surge or Machine Gun Overcharge modifiers."

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Not that I think this season's story has necessarily been bad, but I really want to know how they're going to stick the landing because it's been not very good either.

For a lot of the season it was decent enough character work within the confines of the smaller-than-average seasons that release alongside expansions, if a bit heavy-handed with the foreshadowing that something bad was going to happen to Amanda. Crow's line about Mara never being good at respecting boundaries was an especially nice touch (and then the follow-up lore text on some ghost or sparrow about his ghost gets freaked out that someone his watching them and he says "it's just you, me, and Mara"). Then they really dropped the ball with Amanda's death, which was just clumsily handled.

Oxyclean posted:

Re-opening TO chests (by exiting the area and coming back) no longer gives loot or weapon leveling progress.

Does it still give Nimbus rep?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
wtf does this mean?

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1648451523570204676

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
It doesn't appear to give anything except for the chest opening sound effect.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/kogarashi_44/status/1648451963867267074?s=46&t=Lil8vLMPVkfPh80ODFeUGg

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It means do not do this:

-go to the crafting table
-open a weapon for reshaping
-while on the reshape screen, go to your inventory
-enhance the same weapon
-go back to the reshape screen and finalize the reshape

If you do this the enhance will be undone with no refund

haveblue fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 19, 2023

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah yeah ill be sure to do what donny dont does.

Also did they make sweet fuckin business even better?!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

and Cerberus+1. it already hit super loving hard and now it's hitting even harder

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Sweet Business is an Auto Rifle, therefore it gets the +25% damage bump :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rufus is insane now.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rufus is insane now.

Good times, I need to level up the one I crafted last week

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

It means do not do this:

-go to the crafting table
-open a weapon for reshaping
-while on the reshape screen, go to your inventory
-enhance the same weapon
-go back to the reshape screen and finalize the reshape

If you do this the enhance will be undone with no refund

never thought to do this, but it take all kinds

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i could see how that situation could come about. "oh poo poo i forgot to masterwork it" and then discovering that you have somehow lost stats

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Small aesthetic note: the Scarlet Semblance shader will cause the filigree patterns on Neomuna weapons to pulse from white to red.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That reminds me that I wanna fight whoever did the shading for the seasonal weapons. Might as well not have shader options.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

RBX posted:

That reminds me that I wanna fight whoever did the shading for the seasonal weapons. Might as well not have shader options.

As per usual, Nightfall shader makes anything look good.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/paultassi/status/1648674039903186945

This one has been annoying

quote:

Players are now earning Guardian Games medal triumphs when Guardian Games is not live. This may contribute to titles flashing with nothing to collect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

in my headcanon, all of the broken poo poo is runoff from them "fixing" the terminal overload chest because they're super mad people aren't running 10 terminal overloads a day