Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hubbert posted:

I can't imagine how doomsday economics everything will be a decade from now.

we’ll see end of the world before end of hegemonicneoliberal capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

davids bridal is bankrupt, laying off 9000 employees. 1 in 4 wedding dresses in the us is sold by them and they still couldnt stay solvent.

Spent more than they made. Couldn't live within their means.

Alternative hot take: 25 percent of 0 is still 0.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

nothing will come of this but lmao nevertheless https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1648398876834164736?s=46&t=uX8jBjukhUvHpmUHGvhmEw

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This is going to kill a ton of small car dealers and lead to consolidation and higher prices.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

StratGoatCom posted:

This thread makes a good argument for where a pivot to IP defense would fit in China's geopolitical strategy. vis a vis that draft:
https://twitter.com/Orugario_/status/1648276266842312705

TL;DR maximum IP defense makes companies set up there and they can lean on those companies to advance PRC narratives. Consider that in the geopolitical game of thrones.

lol this owns

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

i hope they open up by asking him lots of probing questions about the shape of jeffrey's mushroom tip

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DancingShade posted:

Saying 0 wedding dresses are sold a year isn't a hot take so much as it is just a baffling thing to say

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they are in an impenetrable bubble of bullshit and everyone serious and important is saying this is revolutionary so it must be true.

I like how they can’t even keep up the pretense of capitalism having any ideas anymore. it really is incredible to watch

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

that whooshing sound is credit evaporating

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Chad Jihad posted:

2033 me, smearing Plasticheese on my 70 dollar cricket wafer: "Collapse is coming, any day now"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

we’ll see end of the world before end of hegemonicneoliberal capitalism

The End of History was hegemonic neoliberal capitalism winning forever and promising to end the human race before releasing their grasp on the End of History

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The End of History was hegemonic neoliberal capitalism winning forever and promising to end the human race before releasing their grasp on the End of History
the good news is the language is now shifting: capital is threatening to go turbo-fash unless everyone just stays put and lets the End of History status quo continue unabated.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

StratGoatCom posted:

This thread makes a good argument for where a pivot to IP defense would fit in China's geopolitical strategy. vis a vis that draft:
https://twitter.com/Orugario_/status/1648276266842312705

TL;DR maximum IP defense makes companies set up there and they can lean on those companies to advance PRC narratives. Consider that in the geopolitical game of thrones.

My company already has said they're not going to use AI for anything creative due to the danger of copyrighted poo poo coming out of generative AI.

I don't imagine our execs are especially smart so...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i know good news is bad for the thread, but here's some good news. China is ending wars and making everyone kiss and make-up :toot:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Xaris posted:

i know good news is bad for the thread, but here's some good news. China is ending wars and making everyone kiss and make-up :toot:

and the mercs that were fighting there are now going back home to Sudan :rubby:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Xaris posted:

yeah china owns

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

The Chad Jihad posted:

2033 me, smearing Plasticheese on my 70 dollar cricket wafer: "Collapse is coming, any day now"

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

There might not be much blood but you too can put L30n T 2021 on ignore now :stoked:

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Malleum posted:

Unfortunately Donald Duck can not officiate your wedding or be an active part of your wedding party. However, he and others can make appearances at your wedding. If you want a character to appear at your Disney Fairytale Wedding, budget approximately $2500-$7000 depending on who, and how many characters you’d like to appear.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

super sweet best pal posted:

I had an idea, what if some Communist org quietly did what that church did and bought up a ton of debt on the cheap, then made a big public announcement where they forgave it all? Would there be a huge outcry from the usual suspects that the natural state of the economy is being upset?

First they would need someone else's money to spend on it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Good.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

DancingShade posted:

its amazing for a business model where all the hard work is done by made-to-measure garment factories in china

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FistEnergy posted:

Elan Sleazebaggano is your only option in the Toilet Tier, sorry

I'd pay extra

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
https://twitter.com/LizAnnSonders/status/1648629380661297153?t=fJpVO4ZpI_R5ttZAYY--pA&s=19

Live now, pay later. Diners Club!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CATO wife is very strong

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol yeah right

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

HallelujahLee posted:

lol yeah right

Outside of any anecdotal house price argument any one goon might have about their immediate surroundings things have been slowly starting to trend downward in a few places. Some metrics like rent price or days on market are trending toward bad for the housing market in a few places. Portland had a small rent decrease for example. It's not indicative of a nationwide crash yet but the housing boom was "HOUSES ANYWHERE FUUUUCCCKKK" so a pullback from that in multiple places is notable.

It's just taking forever because of the amount of money the fed put into the economy. Money printer is only starting to wear off now 3 years later.

I hope i didn't set us up for another pittsburg house price derail

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 13:02 on Apr 19, 2023

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Outside of any anecdotal house price argument any one goon might have about their immediate surroundings things have been slowly starting to trend downward in a few places. Some metrics like rent price or days on market are trending toward bad for the housing market in a few places. Portland had a small rent decrease for example. It's not indicative of a nationwide crash yet but the housing boom was "HOUSES ANYWHERE FUUUUCCCKKK" so a pullback from that in multiple places is notable.

It's just taking forever because of the amount of money the fed put into the economy. Money printer is only starting to wear off now 3 years later.

I hope i didn't set us up for another pittsburg house price derail

im sure a few large cities could bring it down overall probably in california

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1648666809145458690?s=20

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

dvd's died so that password sharing can live

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Uh oh, no way to grow!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I like to go into the other profiles of my HBO Max account that I've shared with family members and see what they've been watching

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
it cannot be stated enough how loving lovely the HBOMax app is, like holy poo poo, at least netflix loving works

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Koirhor posted:

it cannot be stated enough how loving lovely the HBOMax app is, like holy poo poo, at least netflix loving works

it's fine

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they're all fine, they work 80% of the time and then break for no reason the other 20%, just like everything else in our perfect world

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i watch all streaming on my pc, browser works best

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they're all fine, they work 80% of the time and then break for no reason the other 20%, just like everything else in our perfect world

when I chromecast to my tv, it takes forever and audio plays with no video for like 30 seconds

its complete poo poo

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Eloping is genuinely the correct choice if you're going to get married. All that money you save can be used for whatever you want, anyone who would've come can still send you a gift if they'd like, and your officiant can just be your friend who is legally a minister/pope through the universal life church.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Koirhor posted:

when I chromecast to my tv, it takes forever and audio plays with no video for like 30 seconds

its complete poo poo

okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the ps5 is one of the better platforms i've used for streaming because the remote is better than the apple tv's (though there's still one in the house) and the apps don't run like poo poo. it's basically a gaming pc though in terms of hardware so that's expected

i miss ps vue. it was good and it's a shame it didn't stick around