Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
ultimately, you gotta let it go, however you justify it. the alternative just makes you mean and stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

ultimately, you gotta let it go, however you justify it. the alternative just makes you mean and stupid.

This is probably the right answer.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i think they're starting to just make up mods for d&d, soon the only name i'll recognize will be vilerat

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm starting to lose track of which are IKs and which are mods when looking at the D&D forum index.

Also hoo boy everything escalates after I go to bed

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i think they're starting to just make up mods for d&d, soon the only name i'll recognize will be vilerat

https://i.imgur.com/J2KE0i9.mp4

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

D&D mod team:

+vilerat

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

That's a sports team from some NES game, right

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah from this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLBPA_Baseball

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Somaen posted:

It's quite likely indeed, for example, pointing out that the moronic extremely hostile poster, posting in the exact same voice and the exact same things, is the same guy on a different account (as opposed to a rename), was lyingly misconstrued as "doxxing", which is of course a different thing, but it gets the admins reacting, so it'll continue to be used

Close!

We were discussing something and I mentioned someone's alt (that everyone on the mod/admin team knew about), but I accidentally posted it in a place that IKs could view and not just mods/admin. After the whole Cinci thing, they were "zero tolerance" on it because the IKs shouldn't have been able to see it.

Kind of like getting Al Capone for tax evasion, lol.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh there's a separate mod forum that IKs can see too?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Tesseraction posted:

Oh there's a separate mod forum that IKs can see too?

There's a mod discord, but there are channels that IKs can use. I posted it in the channel one down from the mod/admin channel to the one the IKs can view.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah discord, truly the moderator's minefield.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's hard to not think that Fluffdaddy intentionally phrased it in a way that would make people think/speculate that it was worse.

Something somebody actually wrote sincerely that is basically word for word what I would say as sarcasm posted:

He was doing Something with someone's personal info, that's really all the information we need.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 19, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mellow Seas posted:

It's hard to not think that Fluffdaddy intentionally phrased it in a way that would make people think/speculate that it was worse.

Fluff didn't say that. How are you dudes still lying to yourself about what is going on here? You quoted Yinlock to make it look like Fluff said that. Just be honest.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wasn't trying to give the impression that that was something Fluffdaddy said, but rather that it was the kind of response his announcement was virtually guaranteed to produce. (Everybody else got that, right? Sorry if not.)

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cease to Hope posted:

that does not seem like a likely thing to me, no. in fact, that seems like a bizarre and paranoid thing to believe

fritz openly admitted to doing exactly that a few days ago

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Mellow Seas posted:

Maybe, but I think probably not.

Fluff is sort of a notoriously bad communicator and he made the decision unilaterally without any other admin last night because they were doing 0 tolerance on anything alt-related. So, he probably just didn't want to say much. If it was actually something serious, then they would have given me a ban or actually said explicitly what it was. Koos said he would advocate for me, but Fluff is also pretty notorious for not changing his mind about anything, so I don't expect much.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Somaen posted:

It's quite likely indeed, for example, pointing out that the moronic extremely hostile poster, posting in the exact same voice and the exact same things, is the same guy on a different account (as opposed to a rename), was lyingly misconstrued as "doxxing", which is of course a different thing, but it gets the admins reacting, so it'll continue to be used

except that his OG account had PII unwillingly posted to it, so to distance themselves from the PII they registered the new account. By linking the two accounts together with the callout by a mod, they were just re-exposing them.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Cheen posted:

except that his OG account had PII unwillingly posted to it, so to distance themselves from the PII they registered the new account. By linking the two accounts together with the callout by a mod, they were just re-exposing them.

Literally everyone could tell it was the exact same person from them posting in the exact same places, the exact same things with the exact same rear end in a top hat tone though, even without IP lookup capabilities? In any case that's not doxxing

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I still don't know who LALD's reregged as

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Cease to Hope posted:

that does not seem like a likely thing to me, no. in fact, that seems like a bizarre and paranoid thing to believe

That’s an excellent reason to believe it

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Somaen posted:

Hi it's me the idiot who kept saying "obviously it was LaLD" after seeing the Avatar and only having the context of him having already been outed.

Even though it was obvious to those who knew his posting voice well and paid close attention, the turgid flagella account was not officially known to be lald and it is a bad look for mods to out reregs of doxxed accounts. While Cinci's these version of this was the least bad possible, I am fully on board with a zero tolerance policy on doxing accounts. Him being a mod just really made it seem more like he definitely knew cuz of mod powers even though we later found out that wasn't true.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Tesseraction posted:

I still don't know who LALD's reregged as

He didn't.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Somaen posted:

Literally everyone could tell it was the exact same person from them posting in the exact same places, the exact same things with the exact same rear end in a top hat tone though, even without IP lookup capabilities? In any case that's not doxxing

ban this guy too

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the admins can do witness protection program poo poo where they can hook someone up with an anonymous account with a faked regdate and extra notice to mods to not expose it

LALD probably should have asked for that

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Cinci's weird list posting was interesting because I feel like he was getting very close to describing well the class like behavior of posters. You get a bunch of people who don't know each other but have similar interests. you see how those interests make them move in parallel and if you don't understand what you're looking at you see a conspiracy

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Sometimes you see a big crowd of people dancing and you're like what the f*** there's no way this just happens spontaneously but actually they're all doing the electric slide like they have it every wedding for 30 years

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Close!

We were discussing something and I mentioned someone's alt (that everyone on the mod/admin team knew about), but I accidentally posted it in a place that IKs could view and not just mods/admin. After the whole Cinci thing, they were "zero tolerance" on it because the IKs shouldn't have been able to see it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

lmao. Good image!

Bad weirdness of F5'ing my post history to find threads to post it in!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao. Good image!

I posted here last night, lol. The SAD threads has been closed & I needed to take a victory lap. :)

lmao indeed!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Close!

lmfao.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lmao. Good image!

🤣🤣🤣

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Harold Fjord posted:

Hi it's me the idiot who kept saying "obviously it was LaLD" after seeing the Avatar and only having the context of him having already been outed.

Even though it was obvious to those who knew his posting voice well and paid close attention, the turgid flagella account was not officially known to be lald and it is a bad look for mods to out reregs of doxxed accounts. While Cinci's these version of this was the least bad possible, I am fully on board with a zero tolerance policy on doxing accounts. Him being a mod just really made it seem more like he definitely knew cuz of mod powers even though we later found out that wasn't true.

The long delay between the doxxing and the new account had me thinking it was just a name change too.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

fritz openly admitted to doing exactly that a few days ago

And that's why hes a hero in the posting wars. No other admin would dare... Fritz, thank you. 🙏

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

I posted here last night, lol. The SAD threads has been closed & I needed to take a victory lap. :)

lmao indeed!

feel the forum needs a modslayer gang tag

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Koos said he would advocate for me
you ritually sacrificed a twink at midnight

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

...has anyone seen chelb recently

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
hi i am in minneapolis and working at a hardware store and high a lot

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
a sinkhole opened up near my apt that was so big the city had to yell at people to stop driving over to look at the hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The dadchat to Minneapolis (and the Minneapolis to dadchat pipeline, come to think of it) is deeply distressing and must be investigated.

Purify thyself in the waters of Lake Chipotle. Or at the downtown Walmart.