Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kvlt! posted:

idk i always thought BT was kinda like the tempo of the music they play: mid

Get the gently caress in loser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHJaAtQjYrY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
The wikiepedia entry for the Fourth Crusade takes you to the album, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_IVth_Crusade and THEN suggests the historical event. That's heavy

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

AND WE'RE FOLLOWING THE WIIIILLL OF THE OOOOONE
THROUGH THE DARK AGE AND INTO THE STOOOORRRM

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chat Pile quietly put out a split EP with Nerver. It's called Brothers in Christ and it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiXmIxfnu2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbAaPGD8PTo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kvlt! posted:

what is it from?

A small character from the only good star trek show

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Nordick posted:

Jesus Christ I just had flashbacks to post graduation from high school, riding around in someones car where everyone but the driver (so me and my other two idiot friends) are screaming these lyrics at the top of our lungs with the car speakers distorting because it's up so loud.

Nerds :allears:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

joylessdivision posted:

Jesus Christ I just had flashbacks to post graduation from high school, riding around in someones car where everyone but the driver (so me and my other two idiot friends) are screaming these lyrics at the top of our lungs with the car speakers distorting because it's up so loud.

I mean its not like we were not singing shouting these lyrics walking our of school with booksacks strapped etc. then when guardian announced we would go, sometimes 2 days in a row. I really wish they still played And then there was silence live :/

I am going to see Exhorder+Cancer next month so y'all can suck it

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Snowy posted:

Most people I’ve known haven’t liked Bolt Thrower as much as I have. Especially earlier on most of my friends thought they were a little goofy, but I blame that on the Warhammer artwork more than the music. It’s nice to be among fellow aficionados here.

Its OK, you are home now

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Nordick posted:

Truly one of the finest albums of all time. Whenever I put it on I have to listen to the whole thing including the little spoken interludes.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Walking alone at night, slight chill in the air, clear sky with the stars visible.

NiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIGHHHHTTT FaaaaAAAALLLLLL

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Pickles posted:

I mean its not like we were not singing shouting these lyrics walking our of school with booksacks strapped etc. then when guardian announced we would go, sometimes 2 days in a row. I really wish they still played And then there was silence live :/

I am going to see Exhorder+Cancer next month so y'all can suck it

Blind Guardian was one of my favorite concert experiences and they played And Then There Was Silence. It was so good.

And there's a special magic in the air for The Bard's Song.

And then of course, towards the end of the concert...

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL
TRUE HOPE LIES BEYOND THE COAST
YOU'RE A DAMNED KIND CAN'T YOU SEE
THAT TOMORROW BEARS INSAAAAANIIIITYYYYYY [DEEDLY DEEDLY DEEDLY DEEDLE]

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Spanish Manlove posted:

A small character from the only good star trek show

this is the second time ive been offended by this thread this week

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

CornHolio posted:

[DEEDLY DEEDLY DEEDLY DEEDLE]

Think we have a new thread title.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

muike posted:

this is the second time ive been offended by this thread this week

i'm sorry i mentioned that was a small character

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

for those offended by my earlier "Bolt Thrower is mid" statement, please allow me to elaborate on what I think should be the thread's favorite circlejerk band:

Bolt Thrower:

NERDS
Out of shape
Inclusive
Well adjusted members of society
probably live on the ground floor or above
no sick horror samples

Mortician:
sick horror freaks
gatekeepers
massive muscles
definitely living in the basement
sick horror samples

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Mortician has boring riffs

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Did someone say BOLT THROWER?

https://earacheondemand.com/products/bolt-thrower-4-cassette-collectors-box

Vinyl is for posers. /hottake

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kvlt! posted:

for those offended by my earlier "Bolt Thrower is mid" statement, please allow me to elaborate on what I think should be the thread's favorite circlejerk band:

Bolt Thrower:

NERDS
Out of shape
Inclusive
no sick horror samples

Mortician:
sick horror freaks
gatekeepers
massive muscles
sick horror samples

im both, OP

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Goddammit this is just too cool.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

symbolic posted:

im both, OP

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

CornHolio posted:

Blind Guardian was one of my favorite concert experiences and they played And Then There Was Silence. It was so good.

And there's a special magic in the air for The Bard's Song.

And then of course, towards the end of the concert...

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL
TRUE HOPE LIES BEYOND THE COAST
YOU'RE A DAMNED KIND CAN'T YOU SEE
THAT TOMORROW BEARS INSAAAAANIIIITYYYYYY [DEEDLY DEEDLY DEEDLY DEEDLE]

VALHALLA DELIVERANCE
WHY'VE YOU EVER FORGOTTEN ME

*repeat until band gets tired of it and tries to get show back on track*

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

joylessdivision posted:

There's just something about the delivery on this album, like all the lines have such immense WEIGHT behind them they just absolutely demand to be shouted along to.

Anyways, in other news, here's some super sick proto/trad metal that I currently can't get enough of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnQZFtlXPc

This is one of those "Sounds exactly as good as the cover art suggests" deals.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

New DODHEIMSGARD is very good and I am certainly digging the direction. It is a great successor to A Umbra Omega, steering even more into the melodic experimental sphere. Lots of ULVER vibes too which to me is a good thing.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

symbolic posted:

im both, OP

Insanely this, both bands are super good and solid and thick and tight and I would, if they were interested

Blind Guardian, I still can't get into it, which is alien to me because I generally do not have issues getting into music (looking at you, newtallica)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New Portrayal of Guilt is insane as always. It's five intense sludge/crust/screamo tracks and then the same five songs arranged for some demented-sounding strings.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

Bolt Thrower:

NERDS
Out of shape
Inclusive
no sick horror samples

Mortician:
sick horror freaks
gatekeepers
massive muscles
sick horror samples

wait which do you want us to like? this is extremely unclear

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Completely true Mortician thing:

Will Rahmer is a person I recognized immediately in person despite never having seen his picture or even having heard him described. I just saw him staring at me at a Dismember show and went "this must be Will Rahmer"

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Count Thrashula posted:

Mortician has boring riffs

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I have no idea what a 40K is.

BOLT THROWER

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Kvlt! posted:

Bolt Thrower:

NERDS
Out of shape
Inclusive
no sick horror samples

You omitted at least two extremely important Bolt Thrower traits.

-Only sell tees at their shows - aka dont give a poo poo about money
-View their musical contributions as a self-imposed duty to their fans and to each other, which they hold in ludicrously high regard unbefitting to their time and age
-They stopped playing when Kiddie died out of love for their band member and friend. They actually did it, no questions asked, even though their shows were loving sold out.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Pickles posted:

You omitted at least two extremely important Bolt Thrower traits.

-Only sell tees at their shows - aka dont give a poo poo about money
-View their musical contributions as a self-imposed duty to their fans and to each other, which they hold in ludicrously high regard unbefitting to their time and age
-They stopped playing when Kiddie died out of love for their band member and friend. They actually did it, no questions asked, even though their shows were loving sold out.

Didn't Karl Willets literally punch a nazi in the face?

edit: found the story

edit edit: apparently there's video, though I can't make out what's happening very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zea37dHQ-nU

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 21, 2023

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New music Friday time

Bell Witch, funeral doom
Smoulder, trad doom
Tanith, trad
Vorna, meloblack
Saint Deamon on non-BC, pm
Anthem on non-BC, speed
Brand of Sacrifice on non-BC, brutal dxc
Evermore, pm
Pestifer, tech death
Birdflesh, deathgrind
Predatory Void on non-BC, post-black
Angus McSix, pm
Century, trad
Blood Star, pm
Atavistia, melodeath
Decipher, bm
Argenthorns, symphonic bm
Sintage, trad
Dawn of Ouroboros, progressive death
Melancolia, blackened dxc
Moontrieder, bm
Neverus, symphonic melodeath
Undrask, melodeath
Pusboil, slam
Bandit, deathgrind

Lots of power metal apparently

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 21, 2023

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nazzadan posted:

Blood Star, pm

Lots of power metal apparently

Well I can be a nitpick and say that Blood Star is more like proto/trad metal. But whatever you classify it as, that album is super loving good.

Fake edit: Oh wait I even posted about them just the other day. Well, whatever, everyone go loving listen to it.

Also stoked for a new Vorna. Their previous album was superb, like Insomnium crossed with atmoblack.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

this is the best wintersun has been since their self-titled

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh I forgot that it was that Wintersun sounding band, nice I'll hit that next

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Southern Cassowary posted:

i like 95% of this and the other 5% are the vocals having absolutely no meter to them and it ruins it completely for me

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Nazzadan posted:

Oh I forgot that it was that Wintersun sounding band, nice I'll hit that next

i thought atavistia's earlier material was fun in how shameless it was and perfectly competent, but didn't have much sticking power past that

cosmic warfare seems like it's actually really good and a step up in terms of their songwriting chops. pretty sure i'll like this more than whatever comes next from jari maenpaa, and i definitely like it more than forest seasons on first blush. i'm excited to give it multiple spins.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Southern Cassowary posted:

This is going to get me through my work day today, it’s fantastic :)

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Varg posted:

Eyehategod was my favorite of the weekend, Take as Needed for Pain all the way through was so fuckin good. First day Frozen Soul, Undeath, Worm and Gorguts all killed it. My buddy and I left after a few songs into TBDM because neither of us were fans and we were honestly bored.. they just do nothing for me :shrug: Second day I thought All Out War was very impressive, Incantation Diabolical Conquest set was amazing, and it was my first time seeing Suicidal Tendencies so that was a lot of fun and my body is still very sore now.

mostly agreed, eyehategod, incantation, gorguts, and worm were definitely the standouts. Undeath sounds like a death metal version of Madball. not a band i would buy albums of but would go see live because it was stupid kind of fun. frozen soul i missed completely though because i wanted to get food from the outdoor grill and hang out in the smoking section bullshitting with random people for awhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

portrayal of guilt dropped a new EP that's 1/2 regular grindcore whatever songs and 1/2 those same songs but rerecorded with trello, french horn, and tuba. sounds like 1800s death metal satanic cult poo poo and i'm way way into it. such an interesting concept

AND they shot a little "movie" to go along with the second half of the album. incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvPCAJgy6Bk