Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Went back to XB3, can't get an ascension quest to start despite doing all 4 triggers last time I played. So instead I am making sure every colony has potatoes. Love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

MorningMoon posted:

It's a really cool trailer that shows off more of what exactly to expect. I was eating a very nice pasta I made and then had to start screaming becAUSE IT COMES OUT NEXT FUCKIGN TUESDAY

I know, right? I was like oh, beefy Shulk, is that a baby Melia, new trailer... Rex is gonna show 'em a thing or three, killer cello move, wait is that the third core? Colony 9 don't look too good... Hey, I recognize that orbital platform...

4/25/2023

WHAT?! NEXT GODDAMN WEEK?!?

I feel a sick day or two coming on.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Quoting this for new page, reminds me of the Future Connected theme in all the best ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdqGq0rZ5LU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:tviv:
This is going to be batshit insane

Soooo
Consul A is a party member (and possibly Mythra's daughter), Glimmer has a Zohar blade core and the way she's talking in the trailer she might be Rex's daughter, Z called Alvis god the gently caress is happening :tviv: :f5:

Omobono fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 19, 2023

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Oh god, I'm not ready, I thought I had at least a couple more months to prepare myself for this!

Excuse me while I go scream internally about this for the next week.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 19, 2023

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

RuBisCO posted:

What the gently caress is Riku doing in that trailer

Riku is just a regularpon doing normal things.

Edit: See? Says so on this chart.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 19, 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm thinking that Glimmer is an amalgamation of Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma in a form, perhaps recreated by Origin of the daughters of both aegises as one person. Her name in Japan is Kagiori which basically means fire and light (apparently, dont shoot me). The hair's not quite fully Pyra coloured, it has big Mythra elements to it and Pneuma's ponytail silouhette, fully complete core crystal. She could definitely just be Pyra's though too.

I bought the Pixel Remasters for Switch thinking my gaming diary was clear until FF 16 so I could take my sweet time and play them leading up nice and slowly.

Nintendo clearly said "thanks for the money lmao play the game you already paid for instead"

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 19, 2023

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Oh hey! That's Dunban over there!

They really went all in on the mirror image with the same pose, long hair, and cape over a disabled right arm.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

OhFunny posted:

Oh hey! That's Dunban over there!

They really went all in on the mirror image with the same pose, long hair, and cape over a disabled right arm.

That's gotta be really awkward for Fiora.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Nintendo trying to go for some fiscal quarter record or something with all this DLC stuff for Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, the Mario movie doing so well and new Zelda.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Kale posted:

Nintendo trying to go for some fiscal quarter record or something with all this DLC stuff for Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, the Mario movie doing so well and new Zelda.

It seems like they want to clear the area for Zelda honestly.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

OddObserver posted:

That's gotta be really awkward for Fiora.

probably not that awkward given that their kid appears to be one of the party members

Kale
May 14, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

It seems like they want to clear the area for Zelda honestly.

I assumed it was all part of a collective plan for shareholders pleasure.

Anyway I find ChadRex hilarious mostly because I considered him the all time example of the OneShota trope basically. That whole kind of loser wimpy looking kid thats outshined constantly in the story by not only the oldwr male cast but the older female cast as well. I guess Hope from FFXIII is the other example that most comes to mind now who even by LR returns time wasnt suddenly a man tank like Snow.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

TurnipFritter posted:

probably not that awkward given that their kid appears to be one of the party members

Wouldn't they be Rex's kid with Mythra? The redhead is almost definitely his and Pyra's daughter, I'd imagine, which is also a bit weird because she also wields a lance. Iirc it was a pretty common fan theory that Cammuravi was their kid.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 19, 2023

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

beef rex beef rex beef rex

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Manoueverable posted:

Wouldn't they be Rex's kid with Mythra? The redhead is almost definitely his and Pyra's daughter, I'd imagine.

he's from keves

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

turn off the TV posted:

he's from keves

Ahh, gotcha. I was so shocked at the beginning of that trailer that everything else was kind of a blur after.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I’m curious to see how the timelines work for Rex and Shulk to be here.
Assuming M/Mio is Rex’s kid with Nia then Matthew is his great great grandchild (+ a few decades since it wasn’t the first incarnation of M/Mio and N/Noah that had a kid) but Rex is younger than Matthew’s grandad.

I can understand Glimmer being a similar age to Matthew despite being his great grandmother’s sister because she has the flame clock brand so this is probably a reborn version of her, but I didn’t notice the brand on Rex or Shulk unless it’s hidden.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I forgot how much I love Colony Mu. And how into potato farming Zeon is. I was trying to get (endgame spoilers) Nia's ascencion quest, but turns out I need to get someone to level cap on her class first so i ended up doing a bunch of sidestuff in Colony Mu and that's just so good. We invented croquettes :3:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

MorningMoon posted:

I forgot how much I love Colony Mu. And how into potato farming Zeon is. I was trying to get (endgame spoilers) Nia's ascencion quest, but turns out I need to get someone to level cap on her class first so i ended up doing a bunch of sidestuff in Colony Mu and that's just so good. We invented croquettes :3:

you also got to talk to nico (who is her)

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Building a better Aionios through the power of the potato!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Also Nael has a very good design, never stop adding catgirls, dudes, I mean it

e: oh fine, A has a great design too.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 19, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Omobono posted:

Soooo
Z called Alvis god the gently caress is happening :tviv: :f5:

Isn't (major XBC1 and 2 spoiler) Alvis a computer AI that was in charge of the disaster that caused the worlds from XBC1 and 2 to be created? If anyone is the god in this trilogy it's him.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Alvis is the third sibling to Pneuma and Malos and I think unlike them he’s got full access to his powers so yeah he’s basically the closest we have to a god.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jet Jaguar posted:

I know, right? I was like oh, beefy Shulk, is that a baby Melia, new trailer... Rex is gonna show 'em a thing or three, killer cello move, wait is that the third core? Colony 9 don't look too good... Hey, I recognize that orbital platform...

4/25/2023

WHAT?! NEXT GODDAMN WEEK?!?

I feel a sick day or two coming on.

Jeez, didn't realize that DLC was coming so soon (and from what I understand it's like the XC3 equivalent of Torna?). There's also Jedi Survivor, Zelda, and FF16 coming out in the near future. Big year for games.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ytlaya posted:

Jeez, didn't realize that DLC was coming so soon (and from what I understand it's like the XC3 equivalent of Torna?). There's also Jedi Survivor, Zelda, and FF16 coming out in the near future. Big year for games.

Horizon DLC came out today and apparently the map is like a third the size of the entire main game lol. Two days ago I was wondering what I was going to do to fill the couple weeks between finishing that and diablo 4 (which will fill the time until ffxvi) and now I'm like "oh no I don't have enough time for all the games"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

IcePhoenix posted:

Horizon DLC came out today and apparently the map is like a third the size of the entire main game lol. Two days ago I was wondering what I was going to do to fill the couple weeks between finishing that and diablo 4 (which will fill the time until ffxvi) and now I'm like "oh no I don't have enough time for all the games"

Whoa! Another one! I also played this game and had no idea the DLC was coming out soon. Thanks for mentioning this.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ytlaya posted:

Jeez, didn't realize that DLC was coming so soon (and from what I understand it's like the XC3 equivalent of Torna?).

it's torna except the foregone conclusion is that the main characters win and live happily ever after. at least most of them

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I really hope the DLC has a bit to explain who the hell all these people all. I never finished XB1 and never played XB2.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gosh, I love the colonies so much. Their stories interconnect so good. Colony Mu gets a lil story about reinforcing the gate after a battle exercise and then a Mobius shows up. I wonder who the gently caress it could be since i'm pretty sure they all die if you do all the hero unlock quests. Turns out it's Triton just standing there getting blasted by all directions and being his usual goofy self

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

CitizenKain posted:

I really hope the DLC has a bit to explain who the hell all these people all. I never finished XB1 and never played XB2.

only three of the characters they showed are from earlier games, so it'll probably explain the rest.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CitizenKain posted:

I've seen people theorize other stuff but I'm just going to assume that A is related to Alvis somehow, maybe in a similar way as M and N were to Mio and Noah, until proven otherwise

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

Trailer looks good. Hyped for this and to see how the trilogy wraps.

Looks like Prison Island returns, and we get moebius A as a playable character. The voice for one of the new characters (Glimmer?) sounds like Pyra.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I saw some neat speculation yesterday, the 6 party members in the dlc look a lot like the founder statues in the city

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

What's the best, easiest way to grind out the class level ups? Wanna get the post-game ones to lvl 10 asap

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MorningMoon posted:

What's the best, easiest way to grind out the class level ups? Wanna get the post-game ones to lvl 10 asap

Kill some unique monsters while like five levels below them?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bakalakadaka posted:

beef rex beef rex beef rex

Rex saying "let's show them a thing or three" in his new deep rear end voice has me dying.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also love the new battle theme is actually called "New Battle!!!" even the title of the song is hype for it!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Three exclamation points like the number of xenoblades there will be in the DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1649080738669576192?s=20

stupid sexy Alvis?