Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

poemdexter posted:

Anyone would be "massively talented" if they had a voice coach from early childhood along with an entire talent agency backing you with professional help.

Not a Taylor Swift fan myself, but my loose impression is that a lot of children of the rich are brutally coached in all kinds of artistic or other extracurricular endeavors they wind up being mediocre at

She probably does have some talent and/or personal discipline that put her above that cohort of rich failchildren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
She's been given every opportunity and help to succeed at what she does.

There's a bunch of people more talented who will never be given half the chances.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
many goons are "massively" talented

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

First coined by Bloomberg reporter Augusta Saraiva, “Swiftonomics” refers to what Taylor Swift reveals about the current economic landscape of live music.

The current state of the US economy is already rocky, with sky-high inflation and interest rate hikes. Yet the music industry gives a glimpse into other factors of the economy such as pent-up demand, high levels of consumer spending, price gouging and monopolization.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

poemdexter posted:

Anyone would be "massively talented" if they had a voice coach from early childhood along with an entire talent agency backing you with professional help.

wrong

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

true, you would be just as crappy as you are now

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lmao never engage with a swiftie. if you absolutely must, just smile and agree with whatever they say until you can change the subject.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

true, you would be just as crappy as you are now

when I get my IK star im coming for you

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

500 good dogs posted:

when I get my IK star im coming for you

good, gimme a 6er with that gif of that ballistic dummy getting blown apart like I asked 16bb for in the Musk thread

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

poemdexter posted:

not me. I don’t have a single musical or vocal bone in my body. I could have been born into a trillonaire family and all the best coaching and training that money could buy wouldn’t even get me past low-tier lovely at best

but yes also loosely true that nepotism and immense amounts money goes a long way. I don’t think it’s be unreasonable to state if they had been some poor Alabama family or something that they wouldn’t be successful. but they still have talent above the general cut of people even money aside

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Who can forget such classics as "when I was sixteen I was a girl" and "I may be 20 but soon I'll be 21"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
"taylor swift is talented enough that without her family's connections she still would have been a talented singer songwriter" is hypothetical and an opinion. "taylor swift used her wealthy family's connections to get into the music business" is a statement of indisputable fact. opinion or taste doesn't have to enter into it, it's just the story of what happened in real life.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
She's Cheer Captain, and I'm on the bleachers, because my modelling agency doesn't want me to risk injury doing cheer when I just signed on to a national campaign.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ben Stiller's family had hollywood connections that were instrumental to his success - that's also a statement of fact that has no assessment of whether Ben Stiller is funny or talented.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Ben Stiller's family had hollywood connections that were instrumental to his success - that's also a statement of fact that has no assessment of whether Ben Stiller is funny or talented.

Well that explains a lot because he isn't

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The next swift post better be about SWIFT

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

Knight-Swift is a huge trucking company that just made a major acquisition

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
does taylor swift use the SWIFT system to get her international revenue into american banks in american dollars or is there a different system based on firm handshakes and sly winks for the music industry

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

is pepsi ok posted:

lmao never engage with a swiftie. if you absolutely must, just smile and agree with whatever they say until you can change the subject.

she's Mid, good for her on her success though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

BRICS > SWIFT

de dollarization now. jdpon tomorrow

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Taylor who?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/ResearchQf/status/1648731249698013190?t=oT3jFi3pKnGkkv0QZ5kdlg&s=19

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Powell, he runs the bank of America's Fargo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

CSPAM has a swiftie mod? christ it really is the fail forums

uh er, NUMBER UP BLOOD WHEN?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Jaxyon posted:

There's a bunch of people more talented who will never be given half the chances.

If that was in response to me, I agree, I'm just disputing that rich kids are guaranteed to be cultivated into talented people on accounted of their resources. As much as I can tell, they usually are pretty unimpressive people

I'm actually pretty glad that is the case, the failchildren of the rich in their incompetence create openings for us in the class war

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
idk i dont think id make my hot take that goons are just as talented as one of the most successful artists today but go ahead

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

i think she's got some good songs

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
as usual, it isnt that people are upset at income inequality or the vast wealth these people have, its that they didnt get to be that rich person

"they werent given a chance"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Woke Mind Virus posted:

i think she's got some good songs

absolutely

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

If that was in response to me, I agree, I'm just disputing that rich kids are guaranteed to be cultivated into talented people on accounted of their resources. As much as I can tell, they usually are pretty unimpressive people

I'm actually pretty glad that is the case, the failchildren of the rich in their incompetence create openings for us in the class war

yeah like there have to be tons of rich kids who got the same support she did (monetary and otherwise) who never took off

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

A Bakers Cousin posted:

as usual, it isnt that people are upset at income inequality or the vast wealth these people have, its that they didnt get to be that rich person

"they werent given a chance"

you should have to quote the "people" and "they" you're talking about if you're gonna write this post

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
hoot being a swiftie was not on my mod bingo card.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

you should have to quote the "people" and "they" you're talking about if you're gonna write this post

if you are worried maybe its you

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

A Bakers Cousin posted:

if you are worried maybe its you

so it's me?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i mean if you read like this very page you can see who im referring to pepe but we can fight if you want

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
there's a feature for quoting other posters built right into the forums i just didn't know if you were aware

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
quotes are for the real forums idk why people take discussions here so seriously

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
He's referring to the guy with the Bernie avatar, hth.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

A Bakers Cousin posted:

quotes are for the real forums idk why people take discussions here so seriously

so who were you referring to specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Jaxyon posted: