Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I guess it would make more sense to me if Mysterio plays 3 copies of a 2/0 and one of them gets a 4 power buff at the end of the game. I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AloePieceOfShit
Jan 26, 2020
Mysterio is fine though? The game (and digital ccgs in general) have alot of unintuitive things. I don't see the point in changing that design so the card is more boring.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's fine, just screwy

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I guess it would make more sense to me if Mysterio plays 3 copies of a 2/0 and one of them gets a 4 power buff at the end of the game. I dunno

This is exactly what it does though?

As for how buffs work, it makes sense from a code perspective. Hiding Mysterio’s buffs until he reveals would require all sorts of custom case handling. How should Mr Negative on it work then, how should playing it on Shuri’s lab work (is the result 4 or 8 power), what happens if the real one is Lockjaw’ed does it need to remember the hidden buffs while in your deck and hand, etc. Much easier to just say, ’it’s three individual cards, one gets a new face and +4 at game end” and then the buffs on it follow that logic.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 19, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
In the very specific case of bast or I guess valkrye too, a +4 buff at end of game would result in a 7 power Mysterio, right now it's just 4 hidden power that's manipulated like normal but behind the scenes.

I don't own Mysterio so I don't know if the owner sees the 4 power before the reveal or not.

No matter how you see it it's screwy how it works

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Finally got around to hitting infinite today, thanks to the very unwise leader unnerf.

Deck is probably not optimized at all. Kang should most likely just be a big stat 5-drop like Dino, or Klaw if you're feeling spicy. And Maw should probably be cut for something like Lizard if you're running into a lot of galactus.

But the final climb went really smooth, lots of 4 and 8 cubers, and I think every loss was just a single cube.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Spider-man crashes your game now? Man, Galactus stays getting buffs.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Any suggestions as to what to spend my tokens on next between Stature, Kang, Shadow King, and maybe Ghost

I am Series 3 complete besides Valkyrie and I have cards like Thanos, Galactus, Sauron, etc already.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Any suggestions as to what to spend my tokens on next between Stature, Kang, Shadow King, and maybe Ghost

I am Series 3 complete besides Valkyrie and I have cards like Thanos, Galactus, Sauron, etc already.

Kang is the only one of those that will never leave series 5. Kang, Thanos, and Galactus are all permanent series 5 cards, so those are best to spend tokens on first. Everything else will eventually hit series 3.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah i lean towards Kang for now, or possibly High Evolutionary next season. I just bought Thanos so it’s going to be a bit before I get back to 6000

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Opened 7 boxes since the patch and didn't get either of the new to P3 cards im missing. loving snorefest system.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Hit 60 :toot: and got pixel Collector. God, this game really does loving plod until you get your first Big Bad card. Last season getting to 60 felt like a herculean task but this month it felt, well, inevitable :smug_but_its_thanos:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've hit 70 3 seasons straight without a single big bad. It's not that difficult, just takes a lot of grinding. Right now I'm stuck between 49 and 50 but I'm only doing enough to clear my dailies.

I did just pull Stature from a cache which is pretty cool. I've been looking forward to playing with her.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Walla posted:

I've hit 70 3 seasons straight without a single big bad. It's not that difficult, just takes a lot of grinding. Right now I'm stuck between 49 and 50 but I'm only doing enough to clear my dailies.

I did just pull Stature from a cache which is pretty cool. I've been looking forward to playing with her.

And here I am with black bolt, moon knight and no stature :(

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

im so loving sick of being 2 cards away from the good version of every deck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Snazzy Frocks posted:

And here I am with black bolt, moon knight and no stature :(

She's not a good card really. But she's fun when you can get her to pop off. Right now I have her in a small combos deck, but it's not completely optimized. It's just Iron Fist-Vulture-Miles Morales and Wolverine -Swarm-Colleen Wing- Moon Knight with Black Bolt as an additional trigger and Chavez for consistency. I probably need to drop Wolverine though, and maybe add in Polaris.

sirtommygunn posted:

The Pool 3 experience. I'm still missing 5 cards or so to be complete, but the only one I care about is Bast. I might go back to Bounce when I finally get her.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

sirtommygunn posted:

Keep grinding, you'll get there. It really is the worst part of this game where you have everything for your decks except the exact cornerstone piece that makes it actually work.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Read the patch notes. The timing of the Shuri nerf is hilarious. The second she hits pool 3 it’s nerfin time!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Youremother posted:

Keep grinding, you'll get there. It really is the worst part of this game where you have everything for your decks except the exact cornerstone piece that makes it actually work.

4-6 months is a big ask. I'm 3600+ and haven't opened a single P5 card. The way the token and shop changes have worked out in implementation timing means I'm only approaching my second P5 purchase to boot.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

In the very specific case of bast or I guess valkrye too, a +4 buff at end of game would result in a 7 power Mysterio, right now it's just 4 hidden power that's manipulated like normal but behind the scenes.

I don't own Mysterio so I don't know if the owner sees the 4 power before the reveal or not.

No matter how you see it it's screwy how it works

the owner sees 4 power (or whatever after hand modifiers) in hand, but once mysterio and the clone(s) (if any) go out the owner just sees them all as clones, but the real mysterio card's clone doesn't have an illusion vfx around it.

once the game ends and the real one gets revealed, it gets replaced with its original in-hand power whether that's 4 or modified by scorpion/bast/negative/etc

JackDarko posted:

Spider-man crashes your game now? Man, Galactus stays getting buffs.

i only play on iOS but when someone ran him against me he worked out ok, except he left cum all over my UI

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
So, what are you supposed to spend gold and tokens on? Just whatever takes your fancy or is there a tactic?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Chatrapati posted:

So, what are you supposed to spend gold and tokens on? Just whatever takes your fancy or is there a tactic?

Galactus, Kang and Thanos will never leave Pool 5 so they will always cost 6,000 tokens. The Ultimate Variants will also always cost 6,000 tokens, but they are only variants.

That said, buy what looks fun or cool to you.

Bottom Liner posted:

4-6 months is a big ask. I'm 3600+ and haven't opened a single P5 card. The way the token and shop changes have worked out in implementation timing means I'm only approaching my second P5 purchase to boot.

That's only about 200 Reserves, and you only have a 1 in 400 to pull a Series 5. :)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Walla posted:

That's only about 200 Reserves, and you only have a 1 in 400 to pull a Series 5. :)

yes i know the math, doesn't make it any less bad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm saving my tokens for High Evolutionary at this point, hopefully he drops soon

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Bottom Liner posted:

I've pulled 2, so on average we've each pulled 1. All good.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I must be lucky then, I'm only 2700 and I bought thanos and kang and have pulled galactus and a kang skin

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Sandman Leader got me from 95-Infinite this afternoon. The pair of them are just filthy together. Sunspot is the flex spot, Scorpion also works, and I originally had Hobgoblin instead of Kang, but Kang feels pretty crucial for dodging big losses and is hilarious when pulled by Doc Ock. I'm honestly a little underwhelmed by Dino's performance, but I really want a big power 5-drop to Zola, so maybe Red Skull? Or Hobgoblin, because every deck needs more Galactus tech.

I've never played a deck this greedy before but I love how many avenues open up when you're playing Electro-Sandman-6-6

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm at 3,200 and haven't pulled any either. I feel your pain.

Devo posted:

I've pulled 2, so on average we've each pulled 1. All good.

Braggart.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I'm saving my tokens for High Evolutionary at this point, hopefully he drops soon
According to datamine leaks he would be the third card released next month

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Walla posted:

Braggart.

One was Sauron though

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bottom Liner posted:

Opened 7 boxes since the patch and didn't get either of the new to P3 cards im missing. loving snorefest system.

You can't open more than six boxes without getting an S3 card if there are any that you don't have. You must have miscounted, and if you haven't miscounted then you need to report a bug.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Devo posted:

One was Sauron though

I have him! I'm pretty sure he was Series 4 when I pulled him though. I haven't really used him yet, but I'm wondering if the Shuri Sauron list is more viable now that Cosmo can't really work in that list anymore.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

hanyolo posted:

I must be lucky then, I'm only 2700 and I bought thanos and kang and have pulled galactus and a kang skin

Brother I'm at 5300 and both of my S5s cost me tokens.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Would high evolutionary be likely to be a perma s5?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Would high evolutionary be likely to be a perma s5?

I don't think there's been an official announcement yet, but many think it will.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Nerf Galactus.

Every checkmark is someone playing a galactus deck.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Sandman Leader Odin is brutal too. Just won 3 in a row like that. My deck:

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) Sandman
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Magneto
#

Odin is usually your best turn 6 to follow Doom, Leader, Aero, or Jubilee.

Changed out Aero for Arnim and it's even better. Magneto and Doom are both huge targets for him and a good alternative to Odin, but the big play is Leader 5 Arnim 6 on the Leader :black101:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

DurosKlav posted:

Nerf Galactus.

Every checkmark is someone playing a galactus deck.

I might be reading that wrong, but it looks like you beat Galactus 6 out of 9 times? What needs a nerf?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Hobo Clown posted:

I might be reading that wrong, but it looks like you beat Galactus 6 out of 9 times? What needs a nerf?

Buff...Galactus?

E: Marvel SNAP! All the cards are bad because I beat them most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Just today I cockblocked a Galactus by correctly predicting where he was gonna land and putting Cosmo there on turn 4. Annoying does not mean OP.