Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

TeeQueue posted:

I’m so excited to spend all my pulls, get nothing I want, and ragequit the game you guys. :allears:

That’s only half a joke, given that I’m trying to hit both warp Don and RB ryoshu within 160 or so pulls.

Between the actual rates, shards, and the presence of banners for both of them right now? That seems trivial: So far I have never failed to get the 000 of a banner within 50 pulls, much less 80. If you're up to date on EGO I believe that also improves the chance significantly (since it slides those odds over to 000 and 00 extracts), and I was not until very recently.

BisbyWorl posted:

According to the roadmap we have one more set of IDs before the end of S1, so keep a few chests if you aren't 100% set on this.

As of Hell's Chicken, every Sinner will have exactly 4 identities except for Don Quixote and Yi Sang with 3 each, so it's basically guaranteed they're going to get the 000 and 00 in the final set of the Season.

BisbyWorl posted:

The problem is that the whole module system means you can max out on lunacy refills every day and just bank the modules for when you have time to actually play.

Which is why it's notable that this event seems to be focused on liquid / non-module Enkephalin spending, and they can always refocus more on that in order to create a balanced inflow and outflow of resources.

Speaking of which, I really do not understand why this seems to be a trend with Japanese and Korean developers who, in response to individual small-scale bad actors in their system (see: the MD Macro Motherfuckers), don't just penalize or remove items from individual accounts (to say nothing of banning players) and instead tend to immediately leap to huge blanket game-wide crackdowns. I can understand why some Korean devs would be leery of using bans as punishment given that some games in the region use and require a government-issued ID number for login, but account-level actions are the easiest and best solution for situations like this, especially in a live online-only game where all functional account data is stored on your servers. Is there a cultural touchstone event I am missing that leads to this huge difference? Most of the live games I play or have played were either YEARS ago or are Western productions with more proactive and consistent individual action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I can't see the amount of shards you can get being the same come season 2, definitely expecting the BP crates being reduced to like 1 or the crates only having 1 shard instead of 1~3.

Would be nice to be proven wrong though, but those are my predictions.

There was a math on reddit concerning this, actually (I know, incredibly reliable source). IIRC, assuming a free-to-play player does all their dailies and weeklies, they are almost guaranteed to get enough shards for 1 000 Identity/EGO, an OK chance for 2 000 Identities/EGOs and small chance for 3 000 Identities/EGOs by the end of current season(the chances are based on how lucky the player is with the amount of egoshards they get from crates and with allocation of egoshards from random crates). Players with paid battlepass are guaranteed at least 2 000 Identities/EGOs with good chance for 3-4 000 Identities /EGOs and a small chance for getting 5+ 000 Identities/EGOs. That is without taking into account egoshards you get from rolling dupes, egoshards you get from rewards that are not part of daily/weekly tasks and battlepass and people spending all of their energy grinding Mirror Dungeons, so the real numbers are probably a bit higher.

And I mean, having reliable source of rare identities is great, but free-to-play players getting a pick of ~2 extra 000 identities every 3 months is not exactly ruinously generous. It is pretty generous for paid Battlepass players, but that means they have bought the pass, so job well done, no?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Yeah, having exclusive E.G.O.s meant that I was buying the paid pass, but I haven't touched anything else on offer. I still have plenty of boxes left, so I don't see the point of spending Lunacy to refill the meter. The rate at which I'm getting IDs and E.G.O.s has been just fine for me so far, but that might change based on Hell's Chicken and whatever else comes out before Season 2.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I pulled Telepole Don randomly real early but am of course missing the W Don to go with it :negative:

When you're still missing solid identities for half your Sinners pulling EGO just makes you feel sad even if they're really good ones

E: speaking as someone who joined with only a month before the first pass expires I apprecaite the fast clip letting me actually max it in time without having to hypergrind mirror dungeons

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 20, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Looks like they forgot to fully TL her uptie scene heh.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Ten sets of 10 pulls saw exactly *one* thing better than 00 - Sinclair's EGO. My luck was bound to run out at some point!

Gonna go shard Ryoshu's ID and get crackin' on the Chicken. I'll see about W Don later.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Did the first stage with the pull ego and identity bonus. Got 42 currency. Need 6000. This might take a while.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, uh, lots of minor lore updates: Heathcliff admits to having been part of a Syndicate at one point in the plot! Meursault has witnessed the Distortion before this event! Limbus Company has a special Distortion department!

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Started playing the hell’s chicken event. Moral of the story: never eat anything in the City

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

LostRook posted:

Did the first stage with the pull ego and identity bonus. Got 42 currency. Need 6000. This might take a while.

I haven't finished the story yet but if it's anything like every other gacha I've played beating it will unlock a stage specifically meant for grinding that'll give much more per run.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
The stages also seem to give more rewards the deeper you go - stage 3's base reward was 50 bongy plushies, for reference.

also good lord Meursault, I'd expect that line from Heathcliff or Ryoshu

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

LOL at Rodion and Heathcliff talking up HamHamPangPang.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
God, I'd forgotten how incredible this game's writing was. The humor so far is spot-on.

Greg's VA also voiced Mr Krabbs.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

GilliamYaeger posted:

God, I'd forgotten how incredible this game's writing was. The humor so far is spot-on.

Greg's VA also voiced Mr Krabbs.

lmao no way

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
LMAO the cash register sound effect from Dante when he cracks one of Ryoshu's backronyms

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
PSA: YOU GET THE DROP BONUS WITH SUPPORT UNITS!

So grab a Pierre Ryoshu off a friend while you do the story!

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

LostRook posted:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I haven't finished the story yet but if it's anything like every other gacha I've played beating it will unlock a stage specifically meant for grinding that'll give much more per run.

Hard mode dungeon gives 80 Bongy plushies per run before bonus (this screenshot was taken with 100% bonus):

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Managed to nab the new Ryoshu with some of the event's free tickets. Uptied and leveled, put into a bleed team already with my N Corp Heath, Rodion, Kurokumo Hong, and Seven Outis for the green to cover all 7 sins.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

GilliamYaeger posted:

PSA: YOU GET THE DROP BONUS WITH SUPPORT UNITS!

So grab a Pierre Ryoshu off a friend while you do the story!

Can you do that with the event battles outside the dungeon? I tried and couldn't figure out how.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Should really up the bits per dungeon run, even with everything (and 00 gregor doesn't seem great, and sinclair's identities are kind of not great either for this dungeon) you'll only be getting what, ~180 a run? Finishing the story + first initial farmign dungeon clear gives you around 1k bits depending on your bonuses, so to get all the rewards you'll need to run the dungeon 30+ times for a 14 day event :effort:

The writing for the event was funny though.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Either the localization or the cutscene coding's slipping. In the dialogue before the dungeon, a line of Heathcliff's attributed to Dante, and lines of Dante's are attributed to Gregor.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I heard you can use a support character in the event dungeon? Is this true? How? It didn't give me the option when I started the dungeon and chose my team of 5.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I have Ryoshu, but despite a lot of pulls I couldn't get Sinclair's Lifetime Stew.

Anyone got Lifetime Stew?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just woke up. So it seems the story's great, the game is buggy, and the gacha is gacha. Anyone still play on PC?

Quackles posted:

I have Ryoshu, but despite a lot of pulls I couldn't get Sinclair's Lifetime Stew.

Anyone got Lifetime Stew?

Just got it and put it on Mariachi Sinclair support, X546267154. Perfect cause I didn't get Ryoshu in neither the pulls or the Season 1 extraction.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 20, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Just woke up. So it seems the story's great, the game is buggy, and the gacha is gacha. Anyone still play on PC?
Almost everyone does, I think.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

They apparently didn't implement their cheat protection, it seems? At least there's no popups or processes or anything running, game's just kinda doing what it always does.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

chicken guy never got a credits song, 0/10 event is poo poo

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
who gave meursault the right to be this loving funny when giving his criticisms

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Junpei posted:

who gave meursault the right to be this loving funny when giving his criticisms

He is french and the subject matter is cooking.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

tickets really dry up once the EX rewards are gone, huh?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RoyalScion posted:

Should really up the bits per dungeon run, even with everything (and 00 gregor doesn't seem great, and sinclair's identities are kind of not great either for this dungeon) you'll only be getting what, ~180 a run? Finishing the story + first initial farmign dungeon clear gives you around 1k bits depending on your bonuses, so to get all the rewards you'll need to run the dungeon 30+ times for a 14 day event :effort:

The writing for the event was funny though.

I found Gregor fine, he's not busted or anything but paralysis is always nice.

e: also the sound he makes when he bonks people with the cleaver is fun

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just got it and put it on Mariachi Sinclair support, X546267154. Perfect cause I didn't get Ryoshu in neither the pulls or the Season 1 extraction.

Very nice. I'm G838972517.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Event was really funny and enjoyable, but grinding out the currency seems like a pain. Luckily the REALLY relevant stuff is fairly early in, at least.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

They apparently didn't implement their cheat protection, it seems? At least there's no popups or processes or anything running, game's just kinda doing what it always does.

That's so :lobcorp: I'm sure if to laugh or cry at my paranoia.

Also lmao the writing is amazing and I'm only like 3-4 chapters in. And Pierre Ryoshu seems like a good Slash identity from what I've tried on support, her S2 while pierce has some big coin numbers.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So it looks like Dungeon 2 is 80 event points base. If you assume you'll be at like 1000 points after clearing it the first time, you'll need 5000 more. That's...63 clears of the dungeon, or 28 clears if you have all the synergy bonuses from Identites and EGOs.

Sounds terrible!

(though if you just want the unique event stuff that'll only be 7-15 runs. Up to you how much you want to leave on the table)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Hey important thing to note, Gregor's skills have different attack levels. His second skill in the new identity has a lower attack level than the other two. And skill 3 has the highest.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Apr 20, 2023

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
At least on iOS, dungeon 1 and the last story battle aren’t applying the bonuses right; you only get the base 40/16 plushies on replay. I wasn’t paying attention in the earlier stages/the first go-around, so it could also be bugged there too. :lobcorp: I guess

Edit: so, since the rewards page specifies that eunbong’s chicken isn’t made from k corp’s singularity, we can probably assume other chicken/foodstuffs is. Given the general trend of how singularities seem to work, I can only assume bodhisattva chicken is people.

watchedclock fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 20, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They're already making money, iunno why they'd nerf things just to make the fanbase mad at them. It's not like they have investors to please.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

watchedclock posted:

Edit: so, since the rewards page specifies that eunbong’s chicken isn’t made from k corp’s singularity, we can probably assume other chicken/foodstuffs is. Given the general trend of how singularities seem to work, I can only assume bodhisattva chicken is people.

It could be a lore drop, but it could also just be the obvious Soylent Green joke to get it over with because clearly there has to be one. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

bodhisattva chicken could just be chicken. Just, y'know, healed/harvested adnauseum. :goleft: