Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s also only 92 minutes which is pretty short these days, so they can put more ads while keeping their usual gaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

I love the resiliency of Toronto fans. Did they make it a full period before the boo birds came out?

They were down 3-0 and looked like poo poo after 1 period and are on year 7 of first round exits, what fanbase would you like to claim would still be cheering that outcome?

Hell, a game already had fans throwing poo poo on the ice after game 1 and it wasn’t the SBA crowd, if anything I think the crowd let them off pretty easy considering how much frustration they could have vented.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/simmonssteve/status/1648767454871445540

I'm sorry for posting Steve Simmons but McCauley is David Frost's brother in law and Keefe was a witness at Frosts trial. What the actual gently caress

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I have no problem with bunting getting 3 games, the issue is watching everything else they're turning a blind eye to while making a token example to say hey look we're doing stuff to protect players.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pavs might never play again but it was a legal headshot 10 feet away from the puck.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Pavs might never play again but it was a legal headshot 10 feet away from the puck.

I’ve had casual fans ask me about the hit and the hard part is not explaining that what Bunting did is bad and should be punished but explaining why the other poo poo they see online/in clips is barely punished at all, but really that’s just society for you

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/simmonssteve/status/1648767454871445540

I'm sorry for posting Steve Simmons but McCauley is David Frost's brother in law and Keefe was a witness at Frosts trial. What the actual gently caress

This is very old news.

If you dig into it, turns out every referee has something against Toronto anyway. Or maybe he doesn't seem to have had any problem refereeing the Leafs in the past and will continue to get assigned those games after Keefe gets fired in the summer.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Keefe's getting fired in like a week

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/russohockey/status/1648856826006446083?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

This seems dumb, guess Evason didn’t want to have his name photoshopped on a sword in MAFs back

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/russohockey/status/1648856826006446083?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

This seems dumb, guess Evason didn’t want to have his name photoshopped on a sword in MAFs back

Honestly there's probably something to resting a guy who played over a game and a half 48 hours ago.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Koopa Kid posted:

I’ve had casual fans ask me about the hit and the hard part is not explaining that what Bunting did is bad and should be punished but explaining why the other poo poo they see online/in clips is barely punished at all, but really that’s just society for you
I would say that the difference between hitting someone directly in the head vs hitting someone in the shoulder makes for a pretty clear distinction but, well...

The Dirty Burger posted:

Taking a guess, dude played a 2OT game with a late start and acknowledged being rattled by giving up a pair in the 2nd.

Secondary guess is they know it's going to get spicy and that Oettinger is the most likely nonBinnington goalie (for different reasons) to be down to help Flower check another box on his bucket list.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I kind of dig the boldness of going to a rested MAF instead of riding Gustavsson into the ground.

Might not work out but at least it’s novel.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Honestly there's probably something to resting a guy who played over a game and a half 48 hours ago.

Playoff Maf on the other hand is quite the wild card

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

In the Charlie Kelly sense.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Ginette Reno posted:

You rang?

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1648868385206284289

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I love you, maf.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Paracaidas posted:

I would say that the difference between hitting someone directly in the head vs hitting someone in the shoulder makes for a pretty clear distinction but, well...

We understand the differences and where the line is as more dedicated fans, yeah, but you have to understand to your average casual viewer it all looks like big guys hurting someone

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

alright i'm definitely a convert to this NHL thing, at least during the playoffs

these games are insane

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

actionjackson posted:

alright i'm definitely a convert to this NHL thing, at least during the playoffs

these games are insane

I'm glad you now understand why 4 rounds of 7 games is worth it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm glad you now understand why 4 rounds of 7 games is worth it

:hellyeah:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was a pretty rough one by Ullmark.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Playoff hockey rules

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

Just lol

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
https://twitter.com/sportsnet/status/1648881953633087488?s=46&t=Jx7ODoWvl6qNww60U5uaOw

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yes, just keep killing all of the Canes' left wingers, it only makes them struhhh have a lot more trouble scoring.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Carver posted:

Just lol

Not gonna act brilliant for calling this. It's just, y'know, Maf is either gonna give you an amazing performance or....this.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1648872603619139584?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

If only Carolina hadn't been given two double minor power plays for the exact same infractions earlier in the game and handed 6 power plays in general

But the amount of accountability or anything that will come of this obvious game losing no call will be the same amount of power plays the islanders got in this game, zero

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
All of the posters who lauded the Wild sitting Gus tonight forgot that MAF existed

https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1648890108173766656?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Not sure who has the more hilarious playoff curse recently between him and the Leafs

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The curse of MAF is a devious thing. Because Minnesota is going to lose the next game with Gus starting 4-0.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Minnesota should give MAF another shot, personally

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Dirty Burger posted:

All of the posters who lauded the Wild sitting Gus tonight forgot that MAF existed

https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1648890108173766656?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Not sure who has the more hilarious playoff curse recently between him and the Leafs

the Leafs. MAF already has what, two rings?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
:/

https://twitter.com/rochiewbz/status/1648999951391653890?s=46&t=b23kGbnuFi54qJQa-UIGzw

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Arivia posted:

the Leafs. MAF already has what, two rings?

Three, though two of them were as a backup

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Good entertaining hockey was played last night for loser team fans to appreciate. I’m also gonna LOL my rear end off at the Leafs again tonight, can’t wait.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

Three, though two of them were as a backup

He played half the 2017 playoffs as the starter (although yes he was technically the backup).

He then went right back to the finals with Vegas in their 1st season Cinderella run.

Then a Vezina a year or so later.

His ups and downs are pretty crazy, although that said he’s def making the HoF.

All I know is I want him to get his last dream of having a fight in the NHL.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

If the goon that is an EBUG ever gets called in against MAF he had damned well better fight him under pain of permaban

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oilers dominated the game again outside of taking hilariously bad penalties and almost blew it. But they didn't. God bless Leon Draisaitl.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Boston really needs Bergeron back to help defend against the Tkachuk line because that line really looks like it is dominating. Even in Game 1 I thought Boston was kind of lucky to get a win, it could easily be 2-0 FLA.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mind_Taker posted:

Boston really needs Bergeron back to help defend against the Tkachuk line because that line really looks like it is dominating. Even in Game 1 I thought Boston was kind of lucky to get a win, it could easily be 2-0 FLA.

Half of Boston's players either just had or still have the flu. They've looked worse than at any point this season and the series is somehow still tied, hopefully they all recover soon. On top of that Florida is a good team and one I specifically thought could potentially upset Boston or Carolina despite the bad season they've had. I'm not sure if Bergeron will be back for this series. I think it's still pretty likely that Boston wins this in 5-6 games just through their depth, I don't think they'll risk bringing Bergeron back early unless it's a win or go home situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lose Boston, please. A big smile this morning.