Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

is anyone else finding that video performance on twitter vids sucks poo poo all of a sudden?

if by sudden you mean for years, then yeah ive found that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

is anyone else finding that video performance on twitter vids sucks poo poo all of a sudden?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

concerning!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1648704435898445827?t=3Ae5gQFdYzcPEopPJYXlfw&s=19

lmao he really knows nothing does he? Completely incapable of being aware of anything outside of his own "I am smart therefore I can just first principles understand anything" bullshit

in the comments someone just chucks in the Wikipedia article referencing induced abortions in 1550BC, a goddamn cursory search would tell him he's wrong but nope! just spout whatever and watch ol' shrimp eyes doing the interview nod in agreement and boom, now it's true

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 20, 2023

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

infernal machines posted:

my nephew was diagnosed with dysgraphia, which i had never heard of before. since it affects his ability to write, significantly, he's allowed to use a laptop in class for his assignments, using dictation.

this is all wild and new to me since i'm reasonably sure that even as late as the early 2000s if you had significant difficulty writing, they just made you write more.

i had a high school buddy diagnosed with dysgraphia (in the early 00s) but i don’t think he ever had any accommodations, it was always just “yeah my handwriting sucks real bad”

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1648704435898445827?t=3Ae5gQFdYzcPEopPJYXlfw&s=19

lmao he really knows nothing does he? Completely incapable of being aware of anything outside of his own "I am smart therefore I can just first principles understand anything" bullshit

in the comments someone just chucks in the Wikipedia article referencing induced abortions in 1550BC, a goddamn cursory search would tell him he's wrong but nope! just spout whatever and watch ol' shrimp eyes doing the interview nod in agreement and boom, now it's true

this dumb motherfucker

animal gut condoms were also a thing for centuries

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

8 billion people on the planet: we’re fading out of existence, will someone think of the babies!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

100's OF MILLIONS DEAD DUE TO ONAN'S INVENTION, PULLING OUT

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

can’t believe the eugenicist noted for birthing without loving is going on Tucker Carlson’s white power hour to complain about people loving without birthing. starting to seem like maybe this guy just completely sucks poo poo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

i've seen better fakes in 2003 lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

"trained illegally" like this is some rival dojo using mr miyagi's techniques for evil

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:doit: shitbird

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

armpit_enjoyer posted:

i've seen better fakes in 2003 lmao

outputting my machinima videos in 240p to try and hide that it’s footage from Garry’s Mod

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
someone should probably inform him that violating the tos isn't against the law

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Elon "Theo Chino" Musk

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1648704435898445827

Blotto_Otter posted:

can’t believe the eugenicist noted for birthing without loving is going on Tucker Carlson’s white power hour to complain about people loving without birthing. starting to seem like maybe this guy just completely sucks poo poo

you might think so but actually iT's🤣ImPoSsIbLe🤣To🤣SaY🤣wHaT🤣hIs🤣PoLiTiCs🤣ArE🤣

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

FAUXTON posted:

Elon "Theo Chino" Musk

:hai::hai::hai:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

lol elons rocket blew up

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

infernal machines posted:

my nephew was diagnosed with dysgraphia, which i had never heard of before. since it affects his ability to write, significantly, he's allowed to use a laptop in class for his assignments, using dictation.

this is all wild and new to me since i'm reasonably sure that even as late as the early 2000s if you had significant difficulty writing, they just made you write more.

i had something similar in the late 90s/early 00s and they had me use a portable device that was basically a keyboard with a little screen that could display a couple lines of text and enough memory to store a couple five-paragraph essays

to get the papers off it, you had to connect it into the keyboard port of a PC, open up Word on that PC, and it would emulate a keyboard and type all its stored text into the document

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

quiggy posted:

lol elons rocket blew up

ironically, separation failure

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

MrMoo posted:

8 billion people on the planet: we’re fading out of existence, will someone think of the babies!

The problem is that most of those 8 billion aren't white.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
starship blew up

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

quiggy posted:

lol elons rocket blew up

ready for billionaires!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

i had something similar in the late 90s/early 00s and they had me use a portable device that was basically a keyboard with a little screen that could display a couple lines of text and enough memory to store a couple five-paragraph essays

to get the papers off it, you had to connect it into the keyboard port of a PC, open up Word on that PC, and it would emulate a keyboard and type all its stored text into the document

i've seen one of those on a retro gadgets tumblr, it was a pretty ingenuous solution to data transfer.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Lmao I didn't know this:

quote:

The company has announced longer-term plans to also use the spacecraft as a shuttle for commercial travel on Earth, promising trips from London to Tokyo in under one hour.

I mean apart from the usual "promises all sorts of bullshit that never happens", presumably this is by evenly distributing the passengers throughout the atmosphere

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

people should stop repeating that starship is the heaviest rocket ever built until it actually does the rocket part of its job correctly and is shown to deliver that much without exploding

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lmao I didn't know this:

I mean apart from the usual "promises all sorts of bullshit that never happens", presumably this is by evenly distributing the passengers throughout the atmosphere

the advantage of planes is that they don't look like incoming ICBMs

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

BattleMaster posted:

people should stop repeating that starship is the heaviest rocket ever built until it actually does the rocket part of its job correctly and is shown to deliver that much without exploding

is "rocket" a moniker we can assign to a desired end state for an object or must it first attain rocket-ness through acts of rocketry? much to think about

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

apparently four or five of the engines failed and range safety blew it up when it started to tumble

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Lmao I didn't know this:

one hour from london to tokyo + weeks/months of launch prep + several hours on site prep

check in with luggage the day before

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

quiggy posted:

is "rocket" a moniker we can assign to a desired end state for an object or must it first attain rocket-ness through acts of rocketry? much to think about

why do they call it rocket when you rock UP to the launchpad rock it explode into the sky

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it's sucked poo poo for awhile on embeds

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
the idiot governor of texas fell for that fake lol

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1648882255891165185

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Main Paineframe posted:

that last part owns

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Isn't there a whole thing about the Cybertruck being "indestructible" actually being a huge liability, because Cars break the way they do specifically to distribute the force of an impact and spare the passanger the brunt of it, or something along those lines?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Clerical Terrors posted:

Isn't there a whole thing about the Cybertruck being "indestructible" actually being a huge liability, because Cars break the way they do specifically to distribute the force of an impact and spare the passanger the brunt of it, or something along those lines?

yeah, if you're in a high-speed collision you want the actual time of collision to be as long as possible in order to minimize the drastic momentum shift you're gonna undergo. it's why crumple zones are a thing

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

cybertruck FSDing at full speed into a firetruck, bouncing off it like a billiard ball, causing the driver's head to pop off from the pure magnitude of the whiplash

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Clerical Terrors posted:

it doesn't matter because the claim is nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

it doesn't matter because the claim is nonsense

not unlike dunking on crypto projects it is fun to dunk on musk projects because both the reality is bad and also the claimed utopian final state is bad